• 32795 battles
Losing not loosing

pafman #23 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36731 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostDSPDesertBeast, on Jun 11 2019 - 04:24, said:

You want to know why players are leaving WOT? I quit for a few months back because I got tired of loosing 15 - 20 games in a row night after night. Just this week I decided to play a few games to see if things had changed. The very first tank I played took 3 games to get a win and the next tank took 11. The very next day I tried again and quit playing after loosing 4 in a row. Losing game after game sucks and is not fun. I accept that I am not the best player in the world however I do better than most. Yet over and over I am placed on teams that either all die in the first 5 minutes or do zero damage. The MM is still a piece of junk and if other players are having the same experience as me, WOT will continue to slowly die.

you could be a seal clubber like many of the "skilled" guys here on the forums and get a better win rate. or you could stop playing arty, focus on map awareness, let the enemy make the mistakes and watch your win rate rise.

Nunya_000 #24 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostDSPDesertBeast, on Jun 10 2019 - 19:24, said:

You want to know why players are leaving WOT? I quit for a few months back because I got tired of loosing 15 - 20 games in a row night after night. Just this week I decided to play a few games to see if things had changed. The very first tank I played took 3 games to get a win and the next tank took 11. The very next day I tried again and quit playing after loosing 4 in a row. Losing game after game sucks and is not fun. I accept that I am not the best player in the world however I do better than most. Yet over and over I am placed on teams that either all die in the first 5 minutes or do zero damage. The MM is still a piece of junk and if other players are having the same experience as me, WOT will continue to slowly die.

I suspect that most people are leaving this game because they have been playing it for many, many years and are getting burnt out.  I do not play as much as I once did because I am, quite frankly, bored of the repetition and have moved on to other computer games.  Yourself, you have played this game, on average, about 1-1/2 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 5 YEARS.  Aren't you getting bored yet?  If not, you will.  It is just human nature.

Kaede_Zero #25 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37755 battles

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jun 11 2019 - 00:35, said:

I can't wait until the gold nerf goes though so we can get less steamroll wins/losses.

Gold nerf is a myth. They only buff alpha damage of NOT gold rounds, but if penetration remains the same, gold rounds will still get the wins, at a bigger cost given more hp on tanks, but still do their job. You can't expect anything good from someone that "buffs" something in order to "nerf" something. They had to actually cut the damage done by 1/3 or directly 1/2 damage on gold rounds, but no...

Dutch_323 #26 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10886 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jun 11 2019 - 02:18, said:

..........................................................I suck but Im getting better, because I dont blame the MM. 

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

dont_ping_me #27 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 83892 battles

View PostSandor_steel, on Jun 11 2019 - 08:51, said:

Ammo's got nothing to do with player skills. 

That's true. Both good and bad players can press the 2 key to magically improve their performance.

MagillaGuerilla #28 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 25863 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Jun 11 2019 - 15:40, said:

I suspect that most people are leaving this game because they have been playing it for many, many years and are getting burnt out.  I do not play as much as I once did because I am, quite frankly, bored of the repetition and have moved on to other computer games.  Yourself, you have played this game, on average, about 1-1/2 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 5 YEARS.  Aren't you getting bored yet?  If not, you will.  It is just human nature.

Same here, it's like watching endless re-runs on TV, eventually everything gets old. The game is stale, old and showing some mold.

SparkyGT #29 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 50885 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
after 3 losses in same tank i switch, it happens.  alot of people hate the wheeled line, being spotted in first 10 seconds while barely getting away from the spawn. this doesnt help if you have  a stock tank with slow acceleration

Hellsfog #30 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 38246 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
OP plays mostly arty and complains about teams? Stop playing rng slot machines and hoping for a win.  

moogleslam #31 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 45746 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDSPDesertBeast, on Jun 10 2019 - 23:24, said:

I quit for a few months back because I got tired of loosing 15 - 20 games in a row night after night. 

You have never lost 15-20 games in a row.

cavalry11 #32 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49418 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Nerfing premium ammo will do nothing good for this game just another screw up on WGs part.

KatzeWolf #33 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

View PostKaede_Zero, on Jun 12 2019 - 00:42, said:

Gold nerf is a myth. They only buff alpha damage of NOT gold rounds, but if penetration remains the same, gold rounds will still get the wins, at a bigger cost given more hp on tanks, but still do their job. You can't expect anything good from someone that "buffs" something in order to "nerf" something. They had to actually cut the damage done by 1/3 or directly 1/2 damage on gold rounds, but no...

This it still a nerf is it not? ...   It is...

I think WG may be doing it the way they are so when people complain that they spent real money back in the day or converted silver for premium rounds, and now they are worse.
WG can just turn around and say, read in Russian accent "You payed for Premium ammo statistics, Premium ammo statistics has not changed, you have what you paid for."

Edited by KatzeWolf, Jun 11 2019 - 17:32.

BAD_MM_DESERTER #34 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17843 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jun 11 2019 - 03:27, said:

MM is fine. You win some, you lose some. 

war thunder mm or battle tier rate, +1-1, here +2-2, war thunder since its inception, it has apcr but it is not the ammunition that more damage does, as in real life, that ammunition penetrates the armor but does not explode, on the contrary the convective ammunition or HEAT produce more damage so Armor Piercing (AP) more damage, less penetration, Armor Piercing, Ballistic Cap (APBC) best damage,

and other model use Armor Piercing, Discarding Sabot (APDS), and Armor Piercing, Discarding Sabot, Fin-Stabilized (APDS-FS) great damage.

war thunder implement all on 2015 and wot on 2019, imagine why or imagine why wot copy sound from berlin garage from war thunder map called vietnam...that map appears on q2018 and here on 2019/may

Edited by WAR_THUNDER__, Jun 12 2019 - 12:55.

Risky_Dingo #35 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 14:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24023 battles

The same maps over and over and over again, with the same starting positions over and over again, lends to a lather-rinse-repeat feeling.

However, WG has demonstrated the ability to modify a map on fairly short notice to fix some perceived "imbalance". (They don't like nuanced play!)

Hey--how about modifying maps to fix an overbalance of BOREDOM?

XturbohawkX #36 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26090 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

RNG! That is THE reason I play other tank games. It's just TOO much. When my tier 10 JPz E100 with 5+ perk crew misses the broadside of the barn 3 times in a row, with a 20+ second reload...game over.  It's hard to make any meaningful contribution with horrible gun performance like that.  If it was really a war situation, the commander of that tank would drive to the repair yard and put the barrel to the head of the lead mechanic and remove him from the yard...permanently.

Can't have a good battle game when they have this horrid RNG that steals your skills.

SquishySupreme #37 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 21:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
I've thought about this for the last 7-8 months and realized that the real issue is different than what most players assume.

The actual issue is crew skills.  Older players simply have crews on their favorite tanks that are at a 4-5+ skill level.  Versus your 0-1.  This gives them a massive advantage that goes beyond basic player skill.  It also contributes greatly to the new player seal-clubbing and resulting lack of retention, long-term.  In order to get to the same 4-5 skills, you need to play an absurd amount of matches as a new player.

This is also why older players appear to be more skilled as well - they ARE - but because of all of the crew skills and mods and consumables that they are using, giving their actual physical skills a huge boost.  New players simply are crushed over and over again.  People like myself who put up with the abuse long enough to get a few good crews trained are rare as of late.

If WG really cared about enticing new players, they would level the playing field by either making it very quick to train skills or simply give all tanks max skills and everyone actually play based on just their physical and mental skill alone.  I used the analog of CS:GO in another thread, but it holds true.  Imagine if you started as a new player with 2 bullets, max, and half the view range.  And you had to train levels/get kills to increase this.  Of course the guy who can spray 20 bullets at you from 50m farther is gong to kill you over and over again.  And claim that he's better than you are on the forums.

As a new player, you simply would leave as it's just not any fun to be subjected to that.

dunniteowl #38 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 22:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 30863 battles

Except, all of us posting on these forums went through that very same process.  All the players still playing for years went through that same process.  So, ultimately, all those things really do not mean all that much other than to those who will never speed past tier III in the first place.  I think players should be willing to play their tanks longer than 6 to 15 matches before moving on, just so they learn that tank as well as they can.  That said, I would not expect to see that many people in tiers I-III with more than a couple hundred games in whatever tank of choice they played.  More than that and maybe they've been playing a long time or simply are not ready (or willing) to leave the lower tiers.

And there's nothing wrong with that.  It may be something of a despicable activity to most (or lowly at best, which is where I view it), however there is nothing inherently wrong with doing that as a thing.  The value judgments WE place on that activity is not the truth of a thing -- it is our VIEWPOINT of it.

Ultimately, though, most folks are not going to spend much time in those tiers at all.  I know that by the end of my first day I was pushing around tier III and IV units and was ready to buy a couple tier Vs.  I didn't know all that much of what I was doing (I THOUGHT I did) at the time and had I taken more time to think it through, I would have done my 100 Matches Per Tank concept from the very beginning on tiers I -- III.  After that, and depending on circumstances, I'd play them much, much less as I advanced up the tiers.

No matter where you find yourself at this point in time, learning the game mechanics and crew mechanics will go a long, LONG way to improving your skills as you will be replacing erroneous 'opinion' with accurate facts over time.

As a New Player, I agree, you would not want to be subjected to that -- and, for the most part, you are not subjected to that.  It's an occasional event that you notice more, because it stands out to you.  As a statistical number, though, I'm willing to bet that you get 'Seal Clubbed' about 14% of the time in the low tiers.  I happen to maintain that above tier IV, there is no such thing as Seal Clubbing.

We all went through it and that's not to minimize it's negative effect.  It's just a fact of this game that it happens and all you can really do is learn to deal with them if you choose to remain among them -- or you can up tier past them and never see them again.  It's totally up to you.

GL, HF & HYSBF!
OvO

SquishySupreme #39 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 22:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
I understand what you are getting at, but "We had to suffer so new players should as well" simply does not equate to a growing player base.  Especially as each younger generation has less and less patience with grinding and suffering online to get "good" at something.  They SHOULD play more than 10-15 games per tank, but they simply will not.  Not like we did.  I'm in my 40s.  My son would put up with maybe 20 matches before he wanted something better.  Maybe 10.  If it's 30-40, then we're talking MMO or Final Fantasy type grinding, which he'll just switch over to a console to do. 

It's just the way it is.  And 40-something players simply are not where the money is in online gaming.  So it needs to change.

The maps and tanks and physics and XP and all of that alone are daunting enough.  Adding skills to artificially boost older players to the mix just ruins it for new players.  And without new players, the game is surely doomed.  The best example of this is EVE Online.  For more than a decade, older characters simply obliterated new ones in a conflict as the skill training was based off of stats like INT and DEX and could be boosted permanently with training and expensive single-use items and gear, (cough *skillbooks* cough).   You simply trained faster or were more accurate with your older character(s) as they affected every other skill by 5-10% per level.

They finally got rid of that and gave everyone the same stats - and the same starting setups - and it fixed an enormous problem that they had with retaining new players. ( they even gave new players a 3 month boost period where they could train up 2-4x faster ).

WG needs to do the same.

dunniteowl #40 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 23:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 30863 battles

The 35 and over crowd is where the MONEY is, man.  There's no denying that.  All those 20 somethings are either working in the service industry (welcome to jack-in-the-box, may I take your order) while they go to school, are just going to school or are too busy earning enough to eat to spend it on this game.

The money holders are all well past their early student debt and poor pay days, which means 35 and older, really.

And, I did mention that we did all go through it was not to minimize how upsetting it can be to some.  That said, if they ain't got the patience, then I'm-a farm them and feel good about it.  I'm quite certain there are no players out there that actually feel bad for me when I get scragged by Red Team on Red Team.  That's how it is.

Which is what leads us right back to where we are.  Some folks will take advantage of those with less experience and knowledge of the game and they will do that at EVERY TIER, so if a few Seal Clubbers are enough to send the kiddies packing... well, then, I guess my point of view would be, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."  As I said, you can sail right past those Seal Clubbers in tiers I-III in about two hours.  Maybe three.

To my view, that's a problem that doesn't require a programming solution.  I would like to see WG do something more (and more effective) than the paltry attempts they have done so far as regards the New Player Experience.  This, again, does not require a draconian programming forced 'solution.'  It might require some more programming, but only as far as it goes to enhance the player training in, say, Enter Bootcamp.  Maybe a level II or III series of "Advanced Concepts" scenarios where the objective is to effectively bounce some damage, say maybe two to five shots, depending.  Stuff like that.

However, on the playground the rules rule.   There is no rule about how many games you can play at any tier.  There are no rules that limit complex equipment to tiers IV and up.  There are no rules saying you can't be the most excellent tier II player EVAR and remain there.

I do NOT want to see a 'programming solution' to this.  Man up (or Woman Up, whichever works) and play.  Is it any less humbling to have your backside handed you at tier VII than tier II?  I don't think so.  Getting owned is getting owned and while it doesn't feel good, it can be something you learn something positive from instead of totally negative.

You can respect the FACT that there are ALWAYS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users