Why are players leaving WOT

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Torps3 #41 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 9708 battles
  • [KDAVZ] KDAVZ
I don't care about Win8 ratings, or even those who spam gold. What I do not like is losing consistently, even switching tanks and tiers, so I usually play late at night to avoid a large number of bots and cheaters, illegal mods. I know the name of the tanker but won't mention it who had the tier 5 French amx bis elc with a fully rotating turret. That is what makes the game less fun. The game is actually a stress reliever most days. Now I will admit I am not a great player, but after dying I hop a ride with survivors to watch their style of play, it has helped.

Souldealer #42 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 41319 battles
  • [BRT] BRT

MM is NOT fine. Stacking is a regular thing. 6 Uni's on one side 1 or 2 on the other.

EBR's ABOVE OP. But WOT will not do anything about them beciause the uni---cums will cry like snowflakes.

dunniteowl #43 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

View PostSouldealer, on Jun 12 2019 - 18:27, said:

MM is NOT fine. Stacking is a regular thing. 6 Uni's on one side 1 or 2 on the other.

EBR's ABOVE OP. But WOT will not do anything about them beciause the uni---cums will cry like snowflakes.

Sort of like you're doing now?  If I'm reading your post correctly that's kind of my 'take away' from it.

OvO

leeuniverse #44 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:55

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jun 10 2019 - 20:35, said:

I can't wait until the gold nerf goes though so we can get less steamroll wins/losses.

It won't be "enough" to see real change...

They need to also:

- Triple Tank HP

- Increase Tank Speeds (especially on the low-end)

- Reduce Power Spread between Tiers to max 7% (so for the same class the max power you'll face is 14% stronger than you in Armor, Pen, Damage, HP)

- Arty does Max 300 damage to ANY Tank.  (though HE should be normalized more and Arty be made reasonably accurate)

- No Tank does more than 700 Damage (and it's mainly TD's and Derps that do it)

- SBMM (simply balance each side with a similar # of similar skilled players)

- We don't need a "gold nerf", we need a REMOVAL

These things and others I'm likely forgetting are ALSO NEEDED to finally fix game balance as much as it can be.

Let's say each item affects game inbalances by 3%, that's a 21% increase in game enjoyment.  (I'm definitely missing some things, last time I said this I was in the 30% range)

Wouldn't that be good for the game?  Yes, it would.

dunniteowl #45 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

Yeah, Lee, just keep banging that drum, no matter the topic.  You go, man!

OvO

leeuniverse #46 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 02:00

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 12 2019 - 17:57, said:

Yeah, Lee, just keep banging that drum, no matter the topic.  You go, man!

OvO

Truth is the truth...  Nobody else is proposing anything that will actually FIX the problems people complain about, be it Arty, power spread between tiers, wheeled vehicles, etc. etc, all of which are SYMPTOMS of the same problem, the Quick Death.

I fix it, nobody else is.

SquishySupreme #47 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 12 2019 - 23:17, said:

And, I did mention that we did all go through it was not to minimize how upsetting it can be to some.  That said, if they ain't got the patience, then I'm-a farm them and feel good about it.  I'm quite certain there are no players out there that actually feel bad for me when I get scragged by Red Team on Red Team.  That's how it is.

Which is what leads us right back to where we are.  Some folks will take advantage of those with less experience and knowledge of the game and they will do that at EVERY TIER, so if a few Seal Clubbers are enough to send the kiddies packing... well, then, I guess my point of view would be, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."  As I said, you can sail right past those Seal Clubbers in tiers I-III in about two hours.  Maybe three.

The real problem is that by adding things like crew skills and modules and so on into the mix, you make the playing field anything but even.  Players with 100 more view range, 20% faster loading times, better camo, and 6th sense will roast a 100% crew new player with no extra skills almost every time.  You could take a fat couch potato with a max skill crew versus a new e-gamer with legitimate trophies to his name in other FPS games and he'd get punked most of the time starting out, simply because the older player has more boosts and mods augmenting his lousy skills.

Then, to add insult to injury, they brag about how good they are on the forums.   I could go over to EVE online, dust off my 40 million skill point commander and punk half of the people on the server in 1v1 combat.  Which wouldn't prove anything aside from my skills being max/max on half a dozen ship types.  When I do more damage, move faster, warp faster, scan faster, have more shields, more armor, and more mods than 95% of the player base, it's a forgone conclusion who is likely to win.  I'm not better - I just have been playing for almost 15 years and have collected an unfair advantage worth of buffs.  My other alts, they are in the 5-10 mil range and I have more fun with them/play them.  My "main" hasn't done anything in about 2 years as it was no longer fun seal-clubbing new players.

New players simply don't stand a chance.  I would hope that Wargaming would see the wisdom of not continuing down that path.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Jun 13 2019 - 07:09.

Gunner41c #48 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 13:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49970 battles
  • [IIWII] IIWII

a number of things can cause decline of a game:

1. age, this has been around for 8 years now. WoW is going through the same process. Mind you Blizz dumb-ed the game down and took away the community interaction.

2. the new arty mechanics, stun, better accuracy, faster firing and with 3 per match it makes game play super annoying.

3. the pay to win aspect where if you spam premium rounds you win more/have better wn8/PR

4. the OP bias towards Russian tanks, if you don't believe it play the Obj 430u and then any other T10 med. Do it over 100 games, watch your win rate, wn8/PR climb while playing the Obj 430u.

5. the incredible beasting you get trying to go from level 1 to level 10. MM still slots you on the bottom 75% of the time. There is much less of the +2 MM, but you still don't see top seed as much as bottom seed. A lot of new players get farmed by wn8 stat padders playing T67 with high skill crews and so on. Not to mention the LeFH arty at tier 5 is so broken. They keep releasing the tier ruining tanks again and again (LeFH, E25, Pz IIj and so on) just to make a quick buck. This can discourage new players who are learning the game. So not enough new players to replace people who leave the game. Quickybaby had the right idea, standard crews with 1 skill up until level 5, no equipment and no using high level crews to make you far better than new players. They are still learning the game and often make a lot of mistakes and pro stat padding players take advantage of it. The arty up until tier 5 is a 1 shot kill (if it hits) and can take you back to garage in the first minutes of the game. WG is addressing the low HP pool for tiers and increasing it and that will help to extend game play so 1 mistake doesn't get you instant killed.

6. And most of all, the toxic player base during game play. Man you people are just nasty to guys who have just started. They are learning the game, they make mistakes or camp. Look at their total games played, if it's low give them a chance. Remember if it's not fun because of chat being toxic they probably won't stay in the game. Watching Klaus Kellerman and his biggest a**hole series is funny but reflects one of the reasons people get frustrated and quit.

SquishySupreme #49 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
The idea of skills that QB had is part of it.  What needs to happen is that skills are like modules.  You pay for them, plug them in, and can remove them as you want/need to.  Every crew member gets 3 slots (aside from special 0 skills for those members ) to drop skills into.  This is similar to FL and the skills you learn, and applying them to a tank for the match.  Possibly have missions for new players vs bots to earn those levels/skills?  Adjust your skills as you need, go play.  This is identical to a typical loadout screen on a typical FPS.  Swap camo, try a different scope, add a silencer... 

They need to be easy to add and obtain as well as have an upper limit so that the playing field is level after a short while.  A new player should be able to reach parity with older players in terms of basic bonuses and modules/skills/etc in about 6-12 months.  Learning concealment to 100% should be a major accomplishment - and these should be the actual campaigns we work towards.  Once learned, all of your crews would have that skill ( this represents your command's ability to train their soldiers efficiently ).

eg: You have spotting at 58%, controlled impact at 42%, concealment at 85%, 6th sense at 100%... Snap these in like modules on new hires.  Skill books would affect the actual global skill.  Not one tank.

Is it unfair to older players?  Probably a bit as they will no longer be able to min/max as obscenely as before.  But without people like my son who are in their 20s coming to the game, it's dead in a couple of years, once the new hot competitor comes out.   Remember that WG isn't the only company out there and their competition is right there ready and willing to take away their place at the table if they can.  

Edited by SquishySupreme, Jun 13 2019 - 19:02.

dunniteowl #50 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 20:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

You are suffering under the misunderstanding that older players are these super-unbeatable things.

There are folks out there with 60K matches, which would mean they SHOULD have all this stuff you're talking about and can't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

Those kinds of players, new or old, Don't Stand a Chance, even though they have all that the game can provide them in terms of advantage, somehow they still need to wear diapers or they poop themselves.

My point is -- and has been -- that these things are nothing more than a set of excuses that folks will pull out of their back pockets to 'explain why' they are in their situation.

The truth is: Everyone has gone through or is going through this process in the game.  Many of those folks you claim Don't Stand a Chance (like me, for instance) are the same folks that you are now complaining about having all the advantages.

The REAL advantage older, more experienced players have (and I mean this ONLY in the game sense, not as indicative of age) is just that: Experience.

I played when five SPGs per team could be regularly seen (about one in every six or seven games had 5 arty and the rest were anywhere from 2-4 with the occasional 1 only or none).  I played when my Chaffee saw tier VIIIs -- and sometimes I was the ONLY tier 5 unit on the team!

I am a Free To Play Pubbie (FTPP) and haven't spent one red cent on this game.  Yes, it's true -- and I play on a potato laptop that was made in 2010, using a rural wireless internet connection to do what I do at 11 fps or so.  And, yet, SOMEHOW, I manage to win more than I lose.

Is it all the modules I placed on my tank that ANYONE can place on their tanks if they choose and have the credits?  Is it the Super 2 Skill going on a 3rd Crew I have in this or that tank?  Is it from OP Premiums?

No.  None of that made the real difference when I "didn't stand a chance" against those other players.  You know what made the difference?  Determination to do better than I was.  NOTHING ELSE.  I certainly didn't have the game 'financial' wherewithal to compete with them on a level playing field.  I definitely wasn't taking advantage of the shortened grinding with Premium Time, Premium Tanks and NO: Personal Reserves, Directives, Bonds, Orders, Blue Print Fragments, Premium Anything or any other thing you could outline in your posts (@ SquishySupreme in this instance) as something New Players don't have that older players do.

And, like Morpheus in the 2nd Matrix (Reloaded) says in his speech, "I remember that which is most important -- We are still here!"  I am still here and am relatively competitive with many of my game playing peers, even with ALL the Disadvantages I Maintain in my stable, vis-a-vis no Premium, potato laptop, wireless connection and a wireless mouse.

You can make all the claims you wish.  IN fact, it doesn't really matter that those things are relatively true as a set of things out there against the new players.  All that really matters is:

Are you having fun or are you challenged to the point of being engaged in the gaming?

and

Are you willing to invest some effort into overcoming those challenges?

If you are not truly willing to overcome these things with learning how to play better, a determination to keep at it and improve each day and to look for the positive in the landscapes over the negative, then yes, you are right, those New Players do not stand a chance in that mindset.  No-one does.

If, however, you are more interested in not letting those factors be the excuses that allow you to stay at your level of ability keep you there, you will Stand a Good Chance of being someone in the future that New Players point to with that finger of blame to excuse their lack of skill or knowledge at the game and remain in their situation.

And, if you're wise (not necessarily smart), you will foster the attitude in New Players that the game IS hard, but can be learned and mastered over time if you leave the excuses on the floor and step into learning the game to improve.  In short, remove the excuses and explanations of 'why I can't do..." and you replace that with the determination to do better, learn how the game rules work and then apply that to your playing and NOT ALLOW EXCUSES to hold you at your current state and YOU WILL IMPROVE.

That is a provable fact of training in any endeavor.  Eliminate excusing poor play, train, learn the rules, ask questions and be willing to try new things and You WILL improve over time.  Add to this, Pay Attention On Purpose to what's going on in the game and it can change your fortunes like night changes to day.

All this is beside the fact that this game is officially nine years going on ten.  Most players leave this game because they are not finding it fun enough for them.  Whatever reason that comes down to for them is fine for them.   I'm still having fun, even though the fun for me is the challenge of overcoming these incredible odds under which I play and somehow manage to win more than I lose.

If folks cannot imagine a more fun or challenging level of play in this game, that's on them.  Me?  I'm one of those guys that believed for a while, that I really 'didn't stand a chance' and when I believed it, I lived it.  The moment I realized I was making excuses, changed my mindset and applied myself (which I was at the point of quitting this 'rigged' game) to learning how to play better, guess what happened?  My skill floor went up by about 6% points almost overnight.

Now I Do Stand a Chance.

You can, too.

1st Step: Stop making excuses or laying blame for your situation anywhere.

2nd Step: Own your play and be responsible in your own training and improvement (after all, no-one knows you like you do) over time.

3rd Step:  Learn how the game works by learning the game mechanics.

After that, if you don't honestly see improvement with dedicated earnest effort, then this game might not be for you.  If you find that you still want to drive around and blow crap up, that's great!  Love to have you around.

I was once like all those folks talking about how 'stacked' it is against new and FTP players.  Then I decided to stop making excuses and improve on purpose.  Things got immediately better in terms of my 'success' rate, skill floor and FUN, which was the most important part of the formula.  If you are not having fun, then you should find another way to look at the game or look for another game.  There is no middle ground that makes sense.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

SquishySupreme #51 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
This is just ONE example of the typical "I have mine, you have to earn yours." attitude that turns off their entire generation to older people.  And older games.

Without new players, it will die.  Wargaming's 1990s era tactics, Korean MMO prices, and used car salesperson ploys to entice new players with nearly worthless rewards simply do not equate to a new player experience that is enjoyable.  So much so that they had to try to reinvent a WHOLE NEW GAME in order to stop the bleeding.  Don't tell me it's not bad.  Toxic forums, worthless new user training, gold spamming premium tanks with 5 skill crews and modules they bought with bonds, outrageous prices, useless upgrades (character skins?)...

And then this idiocy - 2 million for a skill book that trains *one* crew only partially?  

In every other game, you get a new weapon (or tank in this case), and you outfit it/add mods that you have previously earned that are global.  Then it is 100% your skill and knowledge of the map.  In WoT, you do all of that and then have to train your individual tank's crew all over to have skills so you don't completely get you punked?    We should be grinding for global equipment and skills, not on a per-tank basis.  I can't imagine HOW you are actually defending WG's practice of making the game even of a grind than it should be.

The entire reason they added skills was to force people to spend gold to retain those skills for the next tank/when they move the crews.  Or to buy premium tanks as crew trainers.  It's a money-grab baked into the system and is outrageous that new players have to put up with it when no other game does this sort of thing any more.  Money for skills, money for moving modules, money to use the restroom... they have monetized the entire game at this point to where it is strangling itself and not retaining new players and people actually defend this?  

They simply need to get rid of skills and make all tanks operate at 100% as if you had all skills already.  Train your crew to 100%, done.  Or make them global skills like in Frontline.   Train once for each type of tank, done.

dunniteowl #52 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

I could counter your statement of self interest equally easily -- the benefit of it being more honest is also there:

You just want it easier for YOU, because you don't want to put out the same level of effort those of us did to get where we are.  You want it to be all about making you happy, but you know what?  Life doesn't really work that way.  The physics of our reality are hard, cold and uncaring.  Now, we don't have to let those truths be a reason for us to be the same way.  That said, you should take the time to respect what others have accomplished and instead of pissing on about how 'unfair' the game is in that context, you can choose to act on it on your own instead of complaining that the game has handed you a big hot cup of Unfair.

And you can see it in the complaint about Skill Books.  Oh my God!  You can earn them for free, they work on your crew to shorten the grind, but for you that's simply not enough to please you, even though you can get them for free or spend credits on them from in-game earnings, you're still pissing and moaning about how unfair the Skill Books are and you haven't even had a chance to really use them in the last what, nearly 42 hours?

I have to presume you are not over 35.  You seem way too outraged at how unfair it all is to be older.  I could be wrong, there are enough folks in my demographic (between 50 and 70) that act in this manner, but by and large, my experience is those folks don't invest much time in online gaming.

The way you complain you'd think WG was purposely singling you out for being picked on.

Trust me, they really don't care as far as that goes.  They made a game that is hard to master.  They made it so that you have to keep playing and playing well to do well -- go figure, a game maker making a game that will challenge people from start to finish.  Who would have thought?

Again, I say to you and any others making all this crap up as 'reasons' for you not getting what you think is 'fair' in this game:

Own your play, take responsibility for your own improvement and quit blaming others/things or making excuses to not make the effort in the first place.

I think this game is very fair.  It's hard, but it doesn't give ANYONE an easy break more than anyone else gets one.  You have to own your play, pay attention and focus on winning through knowing the game.  If you won't do that, you simply WILL NOT IMPROVE.

Or.

Conversely.

You can continue to carp and complain how unfair it is and still play in your level of ability without having to lift a finger one to improve -- after all, in your view, it would seem, WGs job is to please you at every turn.  Which, from all apparent diatribes you have made so far, would include making sure you have a nice little hand on your butt to keep you moving forward.  THAT would be unfair.

The fact that you don't think you should have to 'earn' what others have is exactly the type of entitled thinking from younger folks that is literally costing this nation its future -- where's mine!  I didn't get what you have!  I know you worked for it, but if I have to, that's not FAIR!

Good Lord, learn to appreciate the bounty of your efforts.  Don't wait for someone to 'fix' it for you.

OvO

SquishySupreme #53 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
I don't care at my age about it being easier for me.  It's about the game existing at all in two years.

When I try to get my son (he's 20, so yes, I'm older, do the math) involved and he plays about a week or so and says "I'm done", I know something is wrong with the new player experience. 

He plays snipers in every game ever, going back to when he was 8 years old.  This is the first game where he simply tried it and gave up because of the grind.  He even got platinum trophies on the Final Fantasy and Assassin's Creed games - which is outrageous grinding.  But he gave up on WoT in a week as every time he would go to a new tank, it was being clubbed all over again.  Tactically, it's not hard to figure out that you are safe behind these 5 rocks on a map or where the funnels and choke points are, as WG has made the maps stupidly simple for the most part.  But being out-modded and equipped and getting shot over and over again by things you can't see, fixing it, then having it start all over again with the next tank... 

His comment was "Why don't my skills carry over?"  
A: "well, they want you to pay money to do that"
(He said something about WG but it's not safe for work)
And he was done.  On to the next game.

I asked him if he would recommend it to any of his friends and he said "Only if they were my enemy."

Look, I know you won't listen to me since I'm "new" here, so how about someone with more experience who says all of this much more eloquently than I can.  Of note is the section on new player experience:
 https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/8q53ul/why_world_of_tanks_is_declining/

dunniteowl #54 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

I don't care how "new" you are.  You make these bold, dramatic statements and pronouncements like you know exactly whereof you speak as gospel truth.

It ain't.

All I see so far is further conclusive proof in anecdotal story telling (which is not a bad thing, by the way) that the issue isn't that the game is pay to win, it's just not your kind of game, nor, apparently, your twitch reflex player son.

There are way too many variables in this game that literally void the majority of reflex speed over accurate timing of events.  RNG introduces a wider variance that actually favors poorer skilled players and casts a bit more 'shadow' on the very skilled.

Patience is a requisite for doing well at this game, as is a sense of awareness of the flow of the match well beyond your view range.

There's nothing wrong with the game as it stands across a majority of issues many folks complain about.  It doesn't suit them, so it's broken, busted, wrong, pay to win, ruined, unnecessary, etc. to the point of all it starts to sound like is folks pissing and moaning about something with no intent to improve their own level of ability within that framework.

Again:  Own your own play.  Take responsibility for your performance.  Quit complaining so much and spend that precious mental power on finding ways to overcome and improve.  Give up on being overly negative and critical:  Of the game, other players and of yourself.

All that is a waste of mental energy that could be applied to finding more ways to overcome and prevail in the heat of the moment.

Much of the complaining on these forums (and, honestly, your case appears no different, which means it's really not different from the point of view *I* had at 6687 matches and a 48% WR) is really nothing more than the mental justifications for "WHY I CAN'T..." in the game, which provides the complainant a 'get out of effort, Free" card to continue to blame, negativize and waste time on, those things that have no real bearing on you improving your situation in the game.

I was in the same boat at one point.  Really, I was ready to quit.

Then I realized that is exactly what I was doing, such as you (and many, MANY others in these forums) are now -- wasting my time thinking about all the things that 'prevented' me from being better, which was time spent NOT finding ways to change my situation.  Spending my precious gaming time railing, pissing, moaning and complaining how unfair it all was -- which was ME giving me my 'get out of effort, Free' card as well.  

The moment I realized that, I 'burned that card.'

I have improved since then, because I put in the effort to do so.  Nothing else will help any other player.  Ever.  Period.

At least, not so far as my observations and experience lead me to be aware of as a truth.

On most days, I ignore threads like this, I get tired of attempting to impress upon people how negative thinking, blame and complaint DO NOT HELP YOU IMPROVE.  Ever.  They are the grist for remaining exactly how and where one is and provides at the same time a totally impervious wall to having to lift a finger and put out that effort to change things.  After all, the game is holding me back.  The game is Pay to Win.  It's unfair.  it's all out of my control, so why bother?

Which is WHY I tell folks like you, repeatedly, that the only thing you can control in this game is YOU.  Isn't it more productive to spend that time and mental ability in one's head/brain focusing on improving your situation as opposed to just complaining about it?  Does the complaining and blame casting in any direction make your stats improve?  Do they make the game more fun, somehow?  Do they provide extra XP or credits from the effort?

No?

Then maybe it's not that productive after all.  Maybe it's time to stop focusing on being right from your perspective *(unless, of course, your intent is to quit the game for all its faults) and finding another way to view the issue so that you can improve your situation yourself?

That's all I really offer -- A counter point of view that conflicts with your notions of why you cannot improve.  One that counters this point of view with the concept that such a point of view is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to having:

More Fun

More improved skills

More Wins/Missions Finished/Event Gifts and such.

I can't PROVE that you will do better adopting the point of view I am offering.  I can only offer that it made me better by around 6% nearly overnight and I've been pretty dang happy playing since then.

I have More Fun

I have More Wins

I Get More Free Stuff

And all I had to do was quit wasting my precious gaming time and mental abilities on blaming, being negative and being frustrated with my lack of 'success' at the game.

I am Proof that it worked for me.  Since that time, I have encouraged many others who were New or Struggling to Improve to adopt my methodology.  I don't know if anyone actually has, however, the idea is that you can take charge of your own improvement and the best way to do that is to stop complaining and instead spend that extra time and energy on finding ways to improve your situation.

It turned out, in my case, at least, that it was TONS more productive to my gaming fun.

The choice is yours, as always.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Insanefriend #55 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:47

Captain

• Players
  • 45900 battles

View PostTorps3, on Jun 12 2019 - 18:10, said:

I know the name of the tanker but won't mention it who had the tier 5 French amx bis elc with a fully rotating turret.

Is it you?  Since anyone can get a fully rotating turret on the Amx elc assuming they use the 75mm gun.  It was changed some time back to allow for it.  

SquishySupreme #56 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 02:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles
Read the Reddit article, then get back to me.  I have over 30 years experience in nearly a hundred online games and can easily spot  something as basic as how the game mistreats new players.

What is most interesting from that article is how the person as a super-unicum/top clan member/etc was pounded into the dirt as a new player/second account.  With the exact same personal skills.  Because the initial grind imposed on players is completely unrealistic and lopsided.  The experience was so bad for my son that Wargaming didn't just lose a player, they actually GAINED AN ADVOCATE AGAINST THEM.  He was so put off that he recommended to all of his friends at college that they don't ever try it.  Wargaming is actually driving players away from the game now due to their inability to change.

And the statistics prove it as well.  The game is so toxic to new players that people like myself who can handle the abuse are increasingly rare.
http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en
2484 new players registered this last month on the NA server?  That's absurdly bad for a MMO type game.  

The_Mad_Witch #57 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 367 battles

Why I left.

This used to be a team game where tanks with bag guns had great armour and tanks with great guns had good armour.  Then there were a few tanks (T54) there were amazing.

Hvys were the only class to get to tier X, so they HAD to hold choke points as they had the most armour and HP.  It was fun following the plan, and trying to win.

One day, the community realised that some tanks (KV5) with prem ammo, could hold choke points and deal damage.  The whole game changed in a few months.

No one wanted a team game.  Players like QB showed the world how to farm your team, so YOU could farm damage and get more creds and XP.

After that, the community wanted faster and better tanks.  So the french lights with autoloaders were added.  This was OK to begin with, but now autoloaders are everywhere.  God help the player in a tank with a med-long reload.  Its not nice in a T30 knowing there is going to be a crapton of ammo spam the moment after your shot if fired.  Due to the mechanic of autoloaders, the canister is loaded with the same shell type.  So may as well make it prem ammo.

Top tier?  May as well load gold in that tank as well, gotta show the MM-2 tanks how to play!

Arty missions and need stun damage?  May as well load gold and get a bigger stun circle.

Need a hvy tank mission and need to bounce some shells..... give up now.

Light tank mission and need spotting damage....  WG hates trees and bushes.  Goodbye magic forest.  2-3 scouting maps in the whole of the map rotation and still dependent on the team shooting what is lit.  Another WG joke.

Weekend codes have to be entered.

WG have added to much [edited].  It used to be only 3 crew skills and some eqpt.  Now its bonds, books and who can spend the most $$$$ to get the XP to pimp the crew and add eqpt.

VooDooKobra #58 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 9906 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostDSPDesertBeast, on Jun 10 2019 - 20:24, said:

You want to know why players are leaving WOT? I quit for a few months back because I got tired of loosing 15 - 20 games in a row night after night. Just this week I decided to play a few games to see if things had changed. The very first tank I played took 3 games to get a win and the next tank took 11. The very next day I tried again and quit playing after loosing 4 in a row. Losing game after game sucks and is not fun. I accept that I am not the best player in the world however I do better than most. Yet over and over I am placed on teams that either all die in the first 5 minutes or do zero damage. The MM is still a piece of junk and if other players are having the same experience as me, WOT will continue to slowly die.

losing streaks happen in all pvp games you either deal with it or play single player games

View PostBAD_MM_DESERTER, on Jun 12 2019 - 04:39, said:

war thunder mm or battle tier rate, +1-1, here +2-2, war thunder since its inception, it has apcr but it is not the ammunition that more damage does, as in real life, that ammunition penetrates the armor but does not explode, on the contrary the convective ammunition or HEAT produce more damage so Armor Piercing (AP) more damage, less penetration, Armor Piercing, Ballistic Cap (APBC) best damage,

and other model use Armor Piercing, Discarding Sabot (APDS), and Armor Piercing, Discarding Sabot, Fin-Stabilized (APDS-FS) great damage.

war thunder implement all on 2015 and wot on 2019, imagine why or imagine why wot copy sound from berlin garage from war thunder map called vietnam...that map appears on q2018 and here on 2019/may

they started using that berlin garage in 2014 funny you didnt know that.  when did you buy that account

View Postleeuniverse, on Jun 12 2019 - 18:00, said:

Truth is the truth...  Nobody else is proposing anything that will actually FIX the problems people complain about, be it Arty, power spread between tiers, wheeled vehicles, etc. etc, all of which are SYMPTOMS of the same problem, the Quick Death.

I fix it, nobody else is.

if quiick death is such an issue why isnt WT bleeding players?  you fix nothing your fixes are superficial, for example your damage max.  go into detail  is that HE at tier 10 how much less dmg will other ammo types do in comparison.  how much damage would a 100mm  medium tank gun to as apposes to a 122.  what about lines where you go from a light to a medium to a heavy is there still only a 7% power difference?.  do you adjust rof or does everyone get such a drastic dpm nerf they end up going to games that are fun

other games use secondary ammo so really the answer isnt simply remove it but to make it a tactical choice based on ammo stats.  

people play pvp to get kills that is the truth you seem to forget from your fix.  you lower that too much and people go to other games because it stops being fun.

Edited by VooDooKobra, Jun 20 2019 - 13:45.

Double_O7 #59 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6060 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jun 10 2019 - 21:27, said:

MM is fine. You win some, you lose some. 

No you lose a lot of them. This game is trash. I only come back for my lolz times

dunniteowl #60 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 19:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 30870 battles

No YOU, lose a lot of them.  See how that difference works?  He was being general and you were being specific.  You win some, you lose some is not a specific declaration of quality.  It's a general declaration of generality of action.

Now if you wish to talk specifics, YOU lose a lot.  Plenty of others are right beside you and there are a fair number of your Fellow Gamers who lose a lot less.

However, in the final say, "You win some, you lose some."  How much that is depends on how well you play as a whole.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users