What is that Red/Green with a 1 inside mean on the minimap

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3869 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Every once in a while I see a diamond/circle like icon on the minimap with what appears to be "1".  Sometimes on the red side sometimes on the green side.  I have watched as tanks drive by it but they don't seem to interact with it.  I can't figure out the purpose.  I googled it but nothing seems to cover that issue.

Ndtm #2 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
spawn points?

dave_292 #3 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 28786 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

That a spawn point for your team or the other.

After the game starts they should go away to prevent confusion but they don't.

Edited by dave_292, Jun 12 2019 - 04:00.

Crazy___Canuck #4 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 06:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29483 battles

Ummmm, it's an 'encounter' battle?  The spawns are numbered.....and you are supposed to go after capping the white circle with a flag. Google it. 

(On another note....this blows me away....how many peeps don't recognize this difference between a regular random battle and an encounter battle! And accordingly,  how the strategy 'should' differ.)

VariaVespasa #5 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 10:05

Major

• Players
  • 76044 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
Well this IS the newcomers forum you know- dont know why you'd expect a newbie to know everything right off the bat, or why you'd think being snotty at the newbies is somehow helpful. 
If there's a question in the newbie forum, just answer it politely and fully and move on.  No need for the condescending 'tude.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

View PostNdtm, on Jun 11 2019 - 20:59, said:

spawn points?

This.

I, too, am confused by how difficult it is for some folks to suss these things out JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM.  That said, I am the master of not seeing things I am looking for when they are very close or right next to me for some reason, so...  the Human Condition has much variety to it and much of it literally boggles the minds when it's not our own idiosyncrasies being examined.

Diamonds of Green or Red with a "1" or a "2" in them are the Spawn points of each team in an Encounter/Assault style battle.  Standard Encounters will have Cap Circles on each side of the map, whereas Encounter/Assault modes employ a Single Cap Circle (that must be held by whomever in Encounters and Taken by Red Team in Assaults) with the diamond spawn points indicating where each team is to spawn in on the map.

And, yes, the Newcomer's Forum is EXACTLY the place for these kinds of questions and no-one should be shaking their head or opining how 'easy' this stuff is to know here.

I live by one real rule in my life when it comes to dealing with people related things:  Nothing is obvious.  You have to ask questions to find out what's going on both externally and internally with folks before you can understand HOW they don't know what they don't know -- or HOW they know what they DO know.  

There's really nothing wrong with being wrong as long as you know how to let go of holding onto it.

Life Lesson Opinions are freely given -- as is the game information on any given post.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Crazy___Canuck #7 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29483 battles

View PostVariaVespasa, on Jun 12 2019 - 10:05, said:

Well this IS the newcomers forum you know- dont know why you'd expect a newbie to know everything right off the bat, or why you'd think being snotty at the newbies is somehow helpful. 
If there's a question in the newbie forum, just answer it politely and fully and move on.  No need for the condescending 'tude.

You're right.  I was wrong to have attitude, and to be an a** regarding OPs question. 

I apologize to the OP and all forumites!

Crazy___Canuck #8 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29483 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 12 2019 - 03:54, said:

Every once in a while I see a diamond/circle like icon on the minimap with what appears to be "1".  Sometimes on the red side sometimes on the green side.  I have watched as tanks drive by it but they don't seem to interact with it.  I can't figure out the purpose.  I googled it but nothing seems to cover that issue.

Sorry for being such a jerk in response to your query - not called for, and I apologize.  

To actually answer your question - these present themselves on an 'encounter' type battle.  The numbered diamonds are the respective team's spawn (starting locations).  The objective in winning is to kill all enemies (reds) or capture the 'cap' (which is the white circle with the white flag).  As another has pointed out, the numbered diamonds stay on the map, but have no further purpose with respect to the battle. 

Regarding different strategy for an encounter battle, over a standard random battle, you should be able to find plenty of advice on the forum or by googling these terms.

Good luck!

Anublister #9 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 17:19

Captain

• Players
  • 68703 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 12 2019 - 05:14, said:

(On another note....this blows me away....how many peeps don't recognize this difference between a regular random battle and an encounter battle! And accordingly,  how the strategy 'should' differ.)

That blows your mind? That? You are crazy.

ChaseR392 #10 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 18:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8313 battles

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 12 2019 - 06:14, said:

Ummmm, it's an 'encounter' battle?  The spawns are numbered.....and you are supposed to go after capping the white circle with a flag. Google it. 

The OP has less than 400 battles... lets cut him some slack :great:. We should actually give him some props for taking the time come on the forum to ask questions and learn.... plenty of new players don't.

That being said... I've seen plenty of 20-40k players try and cap the spawning point on an encounter battle... so much so I turned Encounter and Base Defense battles off in my client. I miss them but I don't miss the almost guaranteed losses....

1ST_AD_Abrams #11 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 09:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3869 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well you now leave me even more confused.  I have seen a Green 1 but no Red 1.  I have seen both red and green 1's.  Of course the opposite of the former as well.  Now would this have anything to do with the option of when you are blasted to heaven, you look down and it tells you can go back to the garage and get another/different tank?  

I have drove past the enemy "1" red or green to see if there is some sort of package to pick up or the sheriff they refer to in the missions.

So a random battle could be more than one type of battles, I have been assuming essentially it is a random skirmish on a random map with random teams with with random starting points with the goal of,

1.  Kill All

2.  Cap Base (more friendlies on circle faster the count and a hit on a tank cap circle restarts the time)

3.  Time Runs Out

At least that is how all the games are being played via random battle.  I haven't heard a single person say anything about encounter, spawning, get another this or that, so does that mean the players over the last nearly 14 days didn't know either?

Crazy Canuck, didn't take your response to be overly harsh.  A great deal friendlier than comments in game.  I expect as a newbie to be treated as just that till I have been around for a while.  Name any mmo or multiplayer where this doesn't happen.  It is also a reason a newbie doesn't ask in the game and do the On the Job training that the basic training failed to teach you.  Also newbies usually don't get friendly reception in forums because they will ask questions that have been covered before by another newbie.  Forum searches don't always turn up the exact question/answer that a person wants which results in another like question.  When they say read the forums, they don't know a search for that question they have can turn up 100 results and some of those results go 10, 15, 20 pages long.  Most players wish to spend time playing not reading forums or the sometime trolling/flame wars that break out over something not related to the original topic.

I also fully understand that if every newbie asked the same question, the real questions for moving forward get drowned over, more like sunk to the bottom.  I did a google search about the red 1 and green 1 and it ended up being sort of pointless after so many pages.  However my request/search words might not have been what were being used by other players.

So now I am confused as to just what I should be doing in a random battle if there is an encounter match with spawn points/etc.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 14:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

There are three Main Modes to Random Battles:

Standard:  Both sides have a colored Cap Circle.  Yours will ALWAYS BE GREEN.  You will spawn somewhere near the cap circle to some degree in most cases and in a few cases you will spawn a decent distance from the circle.

Encounter:  There is only one central Cap Circle and it's WHITE.  Both sides start from different positions, each side will have a spawn point or points.  Each side will have those spawn points in a diamond.  Your Spawn Point will ALWAYS BE GREEN.

Assault:  There is only one Cap Circle and it is 'owned' by the Defending team.  You can be Defense or Offense.  If Defense, your circle will be Green.  If Offense, the spawn points will be Green.  In Assault mode, you can have up to 3 spawn points (Karelia is the only one I know of that has 3) and if you are Assault, they will always be Green.

If you are doing anything else, then you are not playing standard Random Public Matches.  You might be playing Front Line, but you need tier VIII tanks to play FL, so...

In Random Matches, these are ALL you will see.  Don't worry about the numbers.  Just bear in mind that they are spawn points.  Red will be the other team and Green will ALWAYS be your team's spawn color.  At the top of your Team Composition List, there will also be a separator that says:

Standard/Encounter/Assault to tell you what type of Random Battle you are participating in at that time.

Hope that clears up any further confusion.  As a final note, with 600 matches, plus, under your belt, these things should not be that tricky any further to compare with what you've seen and the explanations given.  If there is any further confusion, please chime in.  Maybe not all forums are as 'awful' to the Newbies as you might believe.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users