What is that Red/Green with a 1 inside mean on the minimap

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 545 battles
Every once in a while I see a diamond/circle like icon on the minimap with what appears to be "1".  Sometimes on the red side sometimes on the green side.  I have watched as tanks drive by it but they don't seem to interact with it.  I can't figure out the purpose.  I googled it but nothing seems to cover that issue.

Ndtm #2 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
spawn points?

dave_292 #3 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 03:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27737 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

That a spawn point for your team or the other.

After the game starts they should go away to prevent confusion but they don't.

Edited by dave_292, Jun 12 2019 - 04:00.

Crazy___Canuck #4 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 06:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27899 battles

Ummmm, it's an 'encounter' battle?  The spawns are numbered.....and you are supposed to go after capping the white circle with a flag. Google it. 

(On another note....this blows me away....how many peeps don't recognize this difference between a regular random battle and an encounter battle! And accordingly,  how the strategy 'should' differ.)

VariaVespasa #5 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 10:05

Major

• Players
  • 75302 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
Well this IS the newcomers forum you know- dont know why you'd expect a newbie to know everything right off the bat, or why you'd think being snotty at the newbies is somehow helpful. 
If there's a question in the newbie forum, just answer it politely and fully and move on.  No need for the condescending 'tude.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 29163 battles

View PostNdtm, on Jun 11 2019 - 20:59, said:

spawn points?

This.

I, too, am confused by how difficult it is for some folks to suss these things out JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM.  That said, I am the master of not seeing things I am looking for when they are very close or right next to me for some reason, so...  the Human Condition has much variety to it and much of it literally boggles the minds when it's not our own idiosyncrasies being examined.

Diamonds of Green or Red with a "1" or a "2" in them are the Spawn points of each team in an Encounter/Assault style battle.  Standard Encounters will have Cap Circles on each side of the map, whereas Encounter/Assault modes employ a Single Cap Circle (that must be held by whomever in Encounters and Taken by Red Team in Assaults) with the diamond spawn points indicating where each team is to spawn in on the map.

And, yes, the Newcomer's Forum is EXACTLY the place for these kinds of questions and no-one should be shaking their head or opining how 'easy' this stuff is to know here.

I live by one real rule in my life when it comes to dealing with people related things:  Nothing is obvious.  You have to ask questions to find out what's going on both externally and internally with folks before you can understand HOW they don't know what they don't know -- or HOW they know what they DO know.  

There's really nothing wrong with being wrong as long as you know how to let go of holding onto it.

Life Lesson Opinions are freely given -- as is the game information on any given post.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Crazy___Canuck #7 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27899 battles

View PostVariaVespasa, on Jun 12 2019 - 10:05, said:

Well this IS the newcomers forum you know- dont know why you'd expect a newbie to know everything right off the bat, or why you'd think being snotty at the newbies is somehow helpful. 
If there's a question in the newbie forum, just answer it politely and fully and move on.  No need for the condescending 'tude.

You're right.  I was wrong to have attitude, and to be an a** regarding OPs question. 

I apologize to the OP and all forumites!

Crazy___Canuck #8 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27899 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 12 2019 - 03:54, said:

Every once in a while I see a diamond/circle like icon on the minimap with what appears to be "1".  Sometimes on the red side sometimes on the green side.  I have watched as tanks drive by it but they don't seem to interact with it.  I can't figure out the purpose.  I googled it but nothing seems to cover that issue.

Sorry for being such a jerk in response to your query - not called for, and I apologize.  

To actually answer your question - these present themselves on an 'encounter' type battle.  The numbered diamonds are the respective team's spawn (starting locations).  The objective in winning is to kill all enemies (reds) or capture the 'cap' (which is the white circle with the white flag).  As another has pointed out, the numbered diamonds stay on the map, but have no further purpose with respect to the battle. 

Regarding different strategy for an encounter battle, over a standard random battle, you should be able to find plenty of advice on the forum or by googling these terms.

Good luck!

Anublister #9 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 17:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68535 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 12 2019 - 05:14, said:

(On another note....this blows me away....how many peeps don't recognize this difference between a regular random battle and an encounter battle! And accordingly,  how the strategy 'should' differ.)

That blows your mind? That? You are crazy.

ChaseR392 #10 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5637 battles

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 12 2019 - 06:14, said:

Ummmm, it's an 'encounter' battle?  The spawns are numbered.....and you are supposed to go after capping the white circle with a flag. Google it. 

The OP has less than 400 battles... lets cut him some slack :great:. We should actually give him some props for taking the time come on the forum to ask questions and learn.... plenty of new players don't.

That being said... I've seen plenty of 20-40k players try and cap the spawning point on an encounter battle... so much so I turned Encounter and Base Defense battles off in my client. I miss them but I don't miss the almost guaranteed losses....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users