Stuck on "Research" step in Bootcamp with Premium tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Hokayyy #1 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 08:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 239 battles

Hi There, 

New player with some hours clocked in. Tried the very first hour to get through bootcamp and got to a point where I need to research my tank, however, im unable to do so due to the fact that the tank thats presented is the free King Tiger C from claiming via Twitch Prime. I cannot upgrade any research mods as all of the mods on the King Tiger has been upgraded and nothing to purchase. I cannot progress further as the Battle button is greyed out and I am always presented with the Research step even if I log out and come back in. 

Is there a remedy around this? How can I switch the Premium tank out of my bootcamp garage so I can complete it? Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Thanks! 

WIZD #2 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 09:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10693 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
I'd send a ticket in.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 29163 battles

View PostHokayyy, on Jun 12 2019 - 01:06, said:

Hi There, 

New player with some hours clocked in. Tried the very first hour to get through bootcamp and got to a point where I need to research my tank, however, im unable to do so due to the fact that the tank thats presented is the free King Tiger C from claiming via Twitch Prime. I cannot upgrade any research mods as all of the mods on the King Tiger has been upgraded and nothing to purchase. I cannot progress further as the Battle button is greyed out and I am always presented with the Research step even if I log out and come back in. 

Is there a remedy around this? How can I switch the Premium tank out of my bootcamp garage so I can complete it? Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Thanks! 

The Tiger is your REWARD tank from Twitch Prime.  It CAN NOT BE USED in Boot Camp.  The only tanks allowed in Enter Bootcamp are the tier I and II tanks in it.  Try picking another tank?  Also, if it is a Premium Tank it CAN NOT BE RESEARCHED as it is already fully researched and has no optional modules on it.  Do be sure to check the box "Accelerate Crew Training" unless you want to build up a huge backlog of Free XP that needs gold to be converted into usable XP for any purpose.

Not sure how you can even HAVE Bootcamp going with the Tiger C selected.  Maybe this is the issue?  You are trying to Enter Bootcamp with a regular tank and you should be selecting Random Battles on your garage options for type of battle.

A screen shot or three might be useful.

To take a screen shot, simply press the PRINT SCRN button (it's between the "insert" and "delete" keys at the top right of your keyboard above the backspace key) and it will automatically save it as an image in your C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Screenshots folder.  They are taken in numerical order.

Now, to USE that screen shot, you probably require an IMGUR account (it's free).  Register and get the account.  Then, when you have your screen shots, load them up to your Imgur account and then (yes, this is a bit of a hassle, but you'll get used to it) hover over the top right of the image to get the Share Links for it.  Select the one that has your link in BB code (for forums).  Just click on the blue click link and it automatically saves the image address.

Now come to the forums and post it by inserting the link address right into the body of your text in your post.  Please note that it works better if you give yourself text space BEFORE and AFTER where you are going to place an image.  In this I mean, as an example, I hit the Enter Key three times to give me three lines.  Then I copy the link address in the 2nd line, giving me some white space above and below the image AND allows me to continue describing and adding to my post after the picture is inserted. 

When you do this for the first time, you'll understand better what I mean.

It sounds like you're trying to use the WRONG TANK to play a mode that is purely for training YOU on the basics, not as a method to allow you to 'get to know' your tanks better.  Sorry, I wish it worked like that, but it does not.  The reason the Battle Button is greyed out might be for this reason.  However, as I understand Enter Bootcamp, you cannot select tanks other than the ones they allow in it, so what you're describing simply does not sound possible to do.  

And THAT leads me to believe that you are trying to do something you simply cannot do -- at all.  Or that you are mistakenly attempting to call entering a random pub battle as part of your boot camp experience when such is not the case.  Which is WHY I'm suggesting some screen shots.   So much easier to understand what you're talking about if you can include some relevant imagery.

If I have NOT answered or addressed your question to satisfaction, I apologize.  Need more input.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Hokayyy #4 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 22:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 239 battles

Thanks for the detail reply! 

Im at work so will get a screen capture when I get home, and I totally understand that the premium tank came from Twitch Prime.

I did find it very strange that I had the Premium tank in Bootcamp even when it told me to choose a starter tank in bootcamp a few screens before. I started WOT only in bootcamp and didn't venture out to real battles until I got frustrated that I'm stuck on this part. I cannot change tanks either from Garage screen and there's no other tabs that will allow me to re-select a new tank other than just showing me the Premium tank in the garage view. And in Research view, like you mentioned, there's nothing to upgrade as it is premium. Also I do not see the Crew UI either on screen so I guess im not even close to that stage of the bootcamp. Im venturing into real battles OK but would like to reap the rewards for completing the bootcamp. 

And just to experiment, I had a non-premium tank selected in my garage (once loaded into WOT) and hit Bootcamp but it auto defaulted to showing me the premium tank at the stuck Research step :(

dunniteowl #5 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 22:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 29163 battles

Yeah, definitely going to need some screenies.  From that I might actually be able to do something for you.

OvO

Hokayyy #6 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 239 battles
Okay got home and updated to latest patch tried Bootcamp and now it shows me a normal tank!! I guess it was fixed with the last patch? Anyways, thank you @dunniteowl for the help!! 

dunniteowl #7 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 06:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 29163 battles

Glad it's all sorted.  Now all I have to do is get the tank icon notices (the information that floats above each tank during a match) to stop bobbing and dancing every time I move, look around, aim or even in Overhead View in an SPG.  The information swims around as I look at moving targets and it's really disorienting.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users