power creep op

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

REDENG #1 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

So i have been reading a lot on the forums and i keep seeing people talk about the nasty power creep happening in the game.

First i want to put your fears to rest as this has been happening since the beginning of the game lol

In my humble opinion it is an essential part of the game because without it what do we have to look forward to? 

do you really want to play the same tanks over and over for years to come?? boring!

in society its all about the newest car or newest gadget or even pair of shoes that somehow are better than the ones you bought the year or month before.

for me i like that every few months the power creep progresses as i can then work on getting it as well and see how it stacks for for pubs and clan wars.

yes that means leaving some tanks in the dust but dont worry after a while it may get a buff and become the next part in the power creep.

what are your thought i would love to hear them :B

Tig_Welder_1 #2 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5076 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
Two things come to mind:

1) i dont think power creep is a good thing, keep those tech tree tanks relevant. Most games, updates are performed to keep things smooth. All things.

2) If you allow the power creep, then offer discounts on those tanks that are only half relevant in the game. Who wants to pay for a used vehicle at a brand new price? Discount those tanks.

Mister_Avnas #3 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11988 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

power creep is only bad if older tanks are left behind.

the problem is that older tanks have been left behind. just look at something like panther 2 compared to pogretto. its a joke. 

also, CW reward tanks which generally tend to outshine their tech tree counterparts are a thing, like the chieftain/T95, an MBT with no tech tree opposite.

stuff's way faster than it was

everyone has way higher trained crews nowadays

fv4005 can 1hit a tank with 2000 hp

people that previously couldn't afford rations and repair kits get them free now

you can activate camo skill/6th sense without training them

REDENG #4 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostMister_Avnas, on Jun 12 2019 - 12:17, said:

power creep is only bad if older tanks are left behind.

the problem is that older tanks have been left behind. just look at something like panther 2 compared to pogretto. its a joke. 

also, CW reward tanks which generally tend to outshine their tech tree counterparts are a thing, like the chieftain/T95, an MBT with no tech tree opposite.

stuff's way faster than it was

everyone has way higher trained crews nowadays

fv4005 can 1hit a tank with 2000 hp

people that previously couldn't afford rations and repair kits get them free now

you can activate camo skill/6th sense without training them

Dude the purpose of power creep is to leave tanks behind lol.

what you dont get is tanks like the progetto will get left behind in the next few years and who knows the panther may be the next best thing.

CW tanks are designed to be ahead of the creep so they stay relevant longer.

yes things are faster because it adds variety and part of the creep.

fv4005........ why do you even bring it up? yes it hits hard on gold rounds but it is harder to play now due to nurf and can hardly hide.

dude repairs kits and rations have no effect on the power creep of tanks it gives an over buff to all tanks so not applicable here.

yes for bonds or from earning them you have directives but still nothing to do with power creep of tanks just a broad buff really.

come on someone like you should understand how much nicer it is now compared to when the game started? what if there were no power creep and it never changed and t5 still saw t10s and there were only a couple tens to play?

REDENG #5 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jun 12 2019 - 12:11, said:

Two things come to mind:

1) i dont think power creep is a good thing, keep those tech tree tanks relevant. Most games, updates are performed to keep things smooth. All things.

2) If you allow the power creep, then offer discounts on those tanks that are only half relevant in the game. Who wants to pay for a used vehicle at a brand new price? Discount those tanks.

Dude have you played any mmo? or mmorpg? they all have power creep and you will see it if you play long enough when one class becomes irrelevant and another op its what happens in games all the time lol.

Mister_Avnas #6 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11988 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

View PostREDENG, on Jun 12 2019 - 11:30, said:

Dude the purpose of power creep is to leave tanks behind lol.

what you dont get is tanks like the progetto will get left behind in the next few years and who knows the panther may be the next best thing.

CW tanks are designed to be ahead of the creep so they stay relevant longer.

yes things are faster because it adds variety and part of the creep.

fv4005........ why do you even bring it up? yes it hits hard on gold rounds but it is harder to play now due to nurf and can hardly hide.

dude repairs kits and rations have no effect on the power creep of tanks it gives an over buff to all tanks so not applicable here.

yes for bonds or from earning them you have directives but still nothing to do with power creep of tanks just a broad buff really.

come on someone like you should understand how much nicer it is now compared to when the game started? what if there were no power creep and it never changed and t5 still saw t10s and there were only a couple tens to play?

why are you even talking about leaving tanks behind though lol. shouldnt tanks basically be balanced in tier? thats the whole point of tiering. 

REDENG #7 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 12:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostMister_Avnas, on Jun 12 2019 - 12:49, said:

why are you even talking about leaving tanks behind though lol. shouldnt tanks basically be balanced in tier? thats the whole point of tiering. 

No they shouldn't and that is prevalent if you watch. take t8 for example. for heavies you have the OP defender and then the tank that used to be OP years ago which is the IS3 both tier 8 both heavies but one is better than the other.  in every teir and every class you have the bottom feeders and the tanks towards the top of the teir/class  and what power creep does is it progresses different tanks towards the top to kinda rotate the selection. purpose of this is to keep gamer always working on something and not become stagnate because once you are stagnate you lose interest in the game.

Edited by REDENG, Jun 12 2019 - 12:59.

WIZD #8 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
Gotta agree with Mister_Avnas you can make the new tanks the best on the market and still make the older ones comparable.

madogthefirst #9 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:18

Major

• Players
  • 24379 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Power creep is bab end of discussion. 

Mister_Avnas #10 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11988 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

View PostWIZD, on Jun 12 2019 - 12:12, said:

Gotta agree with Mister_Avnas you can make the new tanks the best on the market and still make the older ones comparable.

imo the next black market should be as described. some guys stole a bunch of tanks, modified them and there are no rules.

what that means imo is that they splice a bunch of vehicles together. like a t100LT but it has a 122mm td gun 

REDENG #11 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

Hows this you guys keep believing power creep is bad and then message me when you have played over 300 different tanks and almost have the entire tech tree unlocked then you can let me know what you think about power creep as from where i stand other than the social and clan wars when i get back into it the daily grind is boring unless there is something interesting to work for and if they are all "the same per teir" then whats the point in the end to keep going here soon?

Thoughts?

Roggg2 #12 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 21894 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
IMO the problem with power creep is that all your accomplishments are only ever temporary.  It takes time to grind meta tanks, and when they become non-meta shortly after (or even before) I finish grinding, it feels futile to have such goals.

REDENG #13 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View Postmadogthefirst, on Jun 12 2019 - 13:18, said:

Power creep is bab end of discussion. 

I appreciate your input in this "discussion" but unless you have a valid reason to flaunt yourself as a bully of topics then please give us a reason to listen to you beta tester?

after all are you still playing this game after all these years just because you are better than others and can smack them down in almost any tank you play or because you enjoy trying new tanks and wot keeps them coming?

REDENG #14 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostRoggg2, on Jun 12 2019 - 13:32, said:

IMO the problem with power creep is that all your accomplishments are only ever temporary.  It takes time to grind meta tanks, and when they become non-meta shortly after (or even before) I finish grinding, it feels futile to have such goals.

see thats fair and i understand that. 

for casual players the creep is not the best thing but for more avid players like myself its all they can do to keep us around as we spend more money on the game over time. well i know i do lol

BocageTiger #15 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44162 battles
  • [36THB] 36THB
Try playing lower tiers, then go back to your regularly played Tanks. No power creep...

REDENG #16 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostMister_Avnas, on Jun 12 2019 - 13:18, said:

imo the next black market should be as described. some guys stole a bunch of tanks, modified them and there are no rules.

what that means imo is that they splice a bunch of vehicles together. like a t100LT but it has a 122mm td gun 

honestly im hopping for a ebr 105 with the 152mm gun from the 60tp or the 183mm from the fv4005 :trollface:

Edited by REDENG, Jun 12 2019 - 13:48.

REDENG #17 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostBocageTiger, on Jun 12 2019 - 13:40, said:

Try playing lower tiers, then go back to your regularly played Tanks. No power creep...

that is actually a good idea but my problem is the are very few low teir tanks that i dont mind playing lol :(

but i plan in the coming months to buy, equip, and play all the tanks on the tree so that should keep me busy lol

Edited by REDENG, Jun 12 2019 - 13:52.

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Power Creep

It's bad for po' folks who just wanna get some good tanks and keep them good forever.

It's good for WG and for players who don't want to be bored with/by the same old tanks forever.

Mostly, it's about "What's Happening Now !!".

REDENG #19 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 14:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

and i see where you are coming from and that there are two sides to this discussion.

unfortunate for a lot of players there is power creep but for me its a good thing.

but i have to admit that the gap in power for most tanks is not that far. for example for CW it was all about the IS7 for years. then they rolled out the wz 111 5a and the is7 was used less. now its the obj 277 and the wz and is7 are used little but still usable especially in pubs but unfortunate for CW it keeps changing every year or so for meta tanks. but who knows the e100 may be making a comeback this year lol it used to be big in CW

Tig_Welder_1 #20 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 15:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5076 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View PostREDENG, on Jun 12 2019 - 05:33, said:

Dude have you played any mmo? or mmorpg? they all have power creep and you will see it if you play long enough when one class becomes irrelevant and another op its what happens in games all the time lol.

Yes, been on them since Everquest first hit the scene. Yes, new stuff / classes do make other or older stuff outdated, I agree. If you see some of the better game developers control that you would also see that they spend time and money trying to balance this stuff out on a regular basis. So the question to you is, have YOU ever played an MMO?

Also tagged with power creep, op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users