EOM

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 73452 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

EOM? 

That's End of Message folks.  Or so I'm guessing.:P

OP you wouldn't happen to be a freshly issued butterbar that also "outs" senior noncomms on the phone?

Anyhoo...

I'm guessing since there's so much angst posts on ye olde forum about win rate the folks at WG didn't want to paint it with a red flag.

EOM & OUT!

:honoring::B

Edit:  I know he's not a butterbar, but...

Spoiler

Markd73 #3 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:16

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

The answer is as always money.

Wg wants players to keep playing, and by keeping out winrate from session stats then they reduce the chances of players getting discouraged and exiting their session.

Flaming_Manatees #4 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17897 battles
Because the real victories are the friends we make along the way.

HOTA_CHATON #5 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 01:54

Major

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
Don't give one iota of concern about a win rate.  Just play the game and do the best you possibly can and let the chips fall where they may.

UnitG2 #6 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 02:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32707 battles

You have to put in the code:

SHOWMEMYFRAKINGSTATS

followed by:

YOUIDIOTSYOUFRAKINGIDIOTS

xXPawlowskiXx #7 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 02:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21672 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
The new stats tab shows you the number of victories and the number of battles played in total you just have to do the math and find it out for yourself.

537dL #8 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26652 battles
cause xvm does that so why bother

omi5cron #9 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 13:15

Major

• Players
  • 24149 battles
the code is YASENKRASEN.

Flarvin #10 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 55080 battles

I guess simple math is too hard for some. 

Flarvin #11 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 55080 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Jun 12 2019 - 19:16, said:

The answer is as always money.

Wg wants players to keep playing, and by keeping out winrate from session stats then they reduce the chances of players getting discouraged and exiting their session.

I doubt it. 

For the most part, how a player feels, determines how that player will estimate their session WR.

Countless times, the session WR I thought I had, was wrong when I checked. When I am frustrated, I tend to underestimate my WR significantly.

Plus, I underestimated my WR far more often than I overestimated it. I rarely overestimated my session WR. So knowing my actual session WR, would reduce the chance I would quit in frustration. 

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 13:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

At the top of the session stats is your total battle count.

Why does it not made that clear?  To placate the snowflakes who don't want to see negative win rates.

1919Eternal #13 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 14:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 59944 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
Remember, winning doesn't matter, it is all how you play the game!

sicario_soldado #14 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 15:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 45885 battles
  • [REBL] REBL
Will people ever get over win rate? In a team game win rate is irrelevant at best. Always has been, thats a statics fact you cant argue. If MM gives you bad rolls, you can be the best player around but fourteen others will get you a loss. If you need a stat to prove you are so great, look at your K/D ratio, you alone pretty much determine that from your own skill and play regardless of win or lose. But people that are lucky and have 50% or higher win rates will poo poo this post all day...LOL. The truth is sometimes inconvenient. Flame away all you elitist. :popcorn:

Slatherer #15 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
Because winrate is not a pure measurement.

Winrate obviously demonstrates your skill to win games in a traditional sense, but also demonstrates your ability to navigate the quirks of the game (platooning, VoIP communication, seal clubbing, tank selection, tier selection, time of day/week, mm, p2w tanks and other p2w options, etc).

Notice I left off RNG. My current understanding is that can't be manipulated other that possibly through tank selection of a certain nation.

spud_tuber #16 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 59746 battles

View Postsicario_soldado, on Jun 13 2019 - 08:17, said:

Will people ever get over win rate? In a team game win rate is irrelevant at best. Always has been, thats a statics fact you cant argue. If MM gives you bad rolls, you can be the best player around but fourteen others will get you a loss. If you need a stat to prove you are so great, look at your K/D ratio, you alone pretty much determine that from your own skill and play regardless of win or lose. But people that are lucky and have 50% or higher win rates will poo poo this post all day...LOL. The truth is sometimes inconvenient. Flame away all you elitist. :popcorn:

Funny, K/D ratio correlates pretty well with winrate.  The exceptions tend to be those who camp hard and don't start killing until after their team has already lost, which I wouldn't call particularly skilled play.

da_Rock002 #17 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 16:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 9833 battles

View Postsicario_soldado, on Jun 13 2019 - 09:17, said:

View Postspud_tuber, on Jun 13 2019 - 09:47, said:

Funny, K/D ratio correlates pretty well with winrate.  The exceptions tend to be those who camp hard and don't start killing until after their team has already lost, which I wouldn't call particularly skilled play.

Funny,  K/D versus WR is pretty much irrelevant.    Actually, it's almost completely irrelevant.     Sorta like apples and nuclear fission.

sicaro_soldato is spot on...…...

Edited by da_Rock002, Jun 13 2019 - 16:43.

MiddleAgedNoob #18 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 16:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18716 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postsicario_soldado, on Jun 13 2019 - 09:17, said:

Will people ever get over win rate? In a team game win rate is irrelevant at best. Always has been, thats a statics fact you cant argue. If MM gives you bad rolls, you can be the best player around but fourteen others will get you a loss. 

Will people ever get over the idea that smoking causes cancer?  If your random set of genes say that you are going to get cancer, you can live your life as well as anyone can, but you will still get cancer.

BlackFive #19 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 37061 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View Postda_Rock002, on Jun 13 2019 - 16:41, said:

Funny,  K/D versus WR is pretty much irrelevant.    Actually, it's almost completely irrelevant.     Sorta like apples and nuclear fission.

sicaro_soldato is spot on...…...

Yes, but technically if you smash an apple small enough in a future tech tokamak reactor you should be able to provide perpetual motion limitless energy for the future of all mankind 

dunniteowl #20 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 17:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

It does tell you how many times you have won and how many games you played.  So it does show you that, you just have to work the + sign and the / bar a bit in your head and, if you passed 4th Grade math, you're good to go.

And all that crap about WR being meaningless?  I notice that No Players above a certain point make this argument.  Makes you wonder as to the 'reasons' some folks will use to make their arguments and upon what they might REALLY be based -- you know, as opposed to accepting that the math indicates some folks are just not as good at the game, which is all it really is measuring on the surface.

I believe the markers that are used are decently understood in relationship to the 'team' vs 'individual' components and 'what it takes' to achieve more wins than losses.

Yes, it's a Team Based Game, so your contribution is not the only one.  But don't sit there and mouth this crap and then tell me that you aren't happy when you do really well and KNOW you made a difference in the outcome.  At that moment, you actually FEEL and understand that you did something more than your 'usual' game and -- possibly -- for a brief instant, you might hold notions that you could probably do this more often if...

Well, WR is only part of the total equation, but, importantly it is the FINAL OUTCOME in that equation and, as such, can be deconstructed, analyzed and picked apart for review in order to either prevent that (in the case of losses) or repeat it (in the case of wins) by understanding the components and what makes them important.  And when I say, "important" I am merely referring to their relevance in the equations of measuring the components that lead to success in this game.

There is no way anyone can say that those who get more damage done early, get more kills down and survive to the end are 'just lucky' or that their skill at doing these things is something that cannot be measured.  Poppycock.  Those components (damage, kills, survival, hit percentages, etc) are the 'bread and butter' of understanding how the game operates and how you fit within that framework as a contributor to your level of 'success' at the game, vis-a-vis a WR.

Even so, depending on your viewpoint, the Winning Portion might not be as important as the Blowing Crap Up portion in someone's mind.  The math, however, does not care how you feel about other conditions or what YOUR personal objectives in the game might be.  They still manage a very good measure of one's overall ability to help your side achieve a victory at the end of the match.

HOW you feel about those results and calculations is entirely up to you.  That said, it's pretty hard to blatantly refute the evidence of what many thousands of people have presented over time about how these things interact and your 'role' in all that as regards your personal measurements in the game.

You can make a difference in each match to some degree.  That's not to say you WILL make a difference, but you should be able to TELL from those stats what your level of average 'contribution' to that final outcome is.  And those stats do just that -- show you where you stand.

It can be in relation to your level of activity and performance with which you may or may not be satisfied for your personal interest.  It can be in relation to your overall level of contribution on a team, if you so wish.  They can even be completely ignored if such is your desire.

No matter what, however, those metrics are there and do measure a set of parameters that have been shown, in large part, to be the major contributing factors in making wins happen more than they do not.

And you can lay the 'blame' for any shortcomings, misgivings, failings and performance issues on anything you wish, honestly.  I personally like to hold my self to a degree of contribution that I can say, based on those metrics, carries at least my Tank's "weight" in HPs, Kills and assisted damage during a match.  If I can consistently do that or improve upon it (which cannot be done if the data is unexamined, dismissed or has an excuse prepared by you for it) as you play over time.

From my personal perspective, being the best player is not on my 'list' of things to achieve.  Being a Good Team Player is.  Even if I can understand and realize that we are not really Teams as opposed to 15 people on the same side of the field who, ostensibly, have the same objective -- beat the other guys on the other side and win.

All the rest of the use of those metrics (to embarrass, shame, demean or berate) is nothing more than flash and noise.  All you can do in a game is control yourself.  Thus, the only metric that you have to measure yourself against would be your previous stats and did you increase or decrease those metrics in a way that makes a difference for you?

Of course, if you never look, all that is academic, isn't it?

It boils down to what you are willing to accept in your 'environment' and how able you are to deal with the results of your efforts in a manner that allows you to continue to have more fun than not.  This game comes with your own personal statistician for free.  Why not make use of it to improve your play instead of dismissing it?

YMMV

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users