Why no Win Rate in Session Stats?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

SquishySupreme #21 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 18:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles
WR is a made-up value from so many variables that it bears almost no bearing on your actual current skill level.  Moreso, consider that even if you have 20,000 battles, your initial few thousand are always going to weigh your averages down.  Your averages also climb artificially the more gold you spam, the more modules you use, consumables, orders, and skills your crews have, and especially if you have a premium account.  Basically, the longer you play, the more skewed upwards the numbers become as you learn how to min/max the system and gain an advantage over the newer players you seal-club and stat pad against.

What matters are your hard numbers and your current skill level.  How accurate you were over the last 50 or 100 battles.  How much you spotted, how much damage, how many kills.   

Now you can pull that up in-game and start figuring out the numbers for yourself.  Just don't be too surprised if the numbers don't look the same as what you were expecting, though.

dunniteowl #22 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31411 battles

^^^ Wow.  I want to say more, but I'm going to have to stick with my two favorite letters and my most favorite word for such exposition as you have done.

Just -- wow.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jun 13 2019 - 19:31.

JunkaTheAdmirable #23 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 19:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21645 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
Most players are bad and wargaming is a business entity. It's more profitable to make people like certain posters here think they are ok players.

Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Jun 13 2019 - 19:38.

UnitG2 #24 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 21:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32386 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jun 13 2019 - 09:13, said:

What matters are your hard numbers and your current skill level.  How accurate you were over the last 50 or 100 battles.  How much you spotted, how much damage, how many kills.

Nope, dont give a hoot about my hard numbers- I know they suck. I play to win only.

Yes, I know I could get a spreadsheet, track numbers, curves, trends, yada yada but Im just not interested.

Win rate is the only number that pops up in garage on each tank roll over and its the only number I want to see each session.

It is hilarious that they left it out. They do it in WoWP too. I wonder whats in their thinking... have the developers lost control of fit and finish quality or is there a cultural or Psyop reason for such a glaring  omission?

Edited by UnitG2, Jun 13 2019 - 21:29.

Ape_Drape #25 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 21:48

Captain

• Players
  • 43539 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostxXPawlowskiXx, on Jun 13 2019 - 02:06, said:

The new stats tab shows you the number of victories and the number of battles played in total you just have to do the math and find it out for yourself.

I was told there was going to be no math.

ambisinistral #26 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 00:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 119640 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 13 2019 - 16:23, said:

It does tell you how many times you have won and how many games you played.  So it does show you that, you just have to work the + sign and the / bar a bit in your head and, if you passed 4th Grade math, you're good to go.

I'm on a computer -- why is hand math necessary when simple programming by WG would easier. Quit taking the crumbs they offer you and stand up and be a man.

mrmojo #27 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 20409 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Put the winrate up - all the people who say they don't care and/or play for fun won't care anyway.

BlackAngelCom #28 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:46

Captain

• Players
  • 9540 battles

View PostSlatherer, on Jun 13 2019 - 15:26, said:

Because winrate is not a pure measurement.

Winrate obviously demonstrates your skill to win games in a traditional sense, but also demonstrates your ability to navigate the quirks of the game (platooning, VoIP communication, seal clubbing, tank selection, tier selection, time of day/week, mm, p2w tanks and other p2w options, etc).

Notice I left off RNG. My current understanding is that can't be manipulated other that possibly through tank selection of a certain nation.

One can't manipulate RNG. One just dishonestly pretends that the difference between green and blue and blue and purple win rates is somehow statistically significant (and totally not arbitrary) when they are on the right side of it.

Slatherer #29 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 36668 battles

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 13 2019 - 16:46, said:

One can't manipulate RNG. One just dishonestly pretends that the difference between green and blue and blue and purple win rates is somehow statistically significant (and totally not arbitrary) when they are on the right side of it.

I was, of of course, joking a bit on the RNG comment, although there is no denying the KV-2's near inseparable connection to the hand of Stalin.

SquishySupreme #30 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 02:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles

View PostUnitG2, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:09, said:

Nope, dont give a hoot about my hard numbers- I know they suck. I play to win only.

Yes, I know I could get a spreadsheet, track numbers, curves, trends, yada yada but Im just not interested.

Win rate is the only number that pops up in garage on each tank roll over and its the only number I want to see each session.

It is hilarious that they left it out. They do it in WoWP too. I wonder whats in their thinking... have the developers lost control of fit and finish quality or is there a cultural or Psyop reason for such a glaring  omission?

So you are OK with your current skill being largely based on what you did when you were a new player?  You do know that if it were only based on your last 1000 battles, your ranking would probably shoot way up?

But keep using the old garbage system.  It's right over there...

dunniteowl #31 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 02:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 31411 battles

View Postambisinistral, on Jun 13 2019 - 17:48, said:

I'm on a computer -- why is hand math necessary when simple programming by WG would easier. Quit taking the crumbs they offer you and stand up and be a man.

Seriously?  You can't do that in your head in a matter of a fraction of a second?  Really?  Hand Math?  I said you should be able to do it in your head.

Be a man, indeed.  How about man up and use that wonderful chemical computer thinking battery we call a brain?  How hard can it be?

To be fair, I did have to explain to a cashier at Wal-Mart one time how to input a 10% discount.  I had this item which was in a messed up package.  I jokingly asked the cashier if I could get a discount on the item as it was badly mangled, package wise.  She asked a supervisor who said, "Yah, okay."

The supervisor left and she stood there for like fifteen seconds with her finger hovering over the register and you could tell she was looking for that 10% Discount Key.  I waited a few more seconds then said, "Can't you just divide the price by ten and then subtract that from the total and do it that way?"

She looked even more confused.  So I said, "Look, the item is $7.99.  10% of $7.99 is 79.9 cents, so you round up to 80 cents.  Subtract 80 cents from the total and you get the 10% off on the register."

That didn't help her -- at all.

Seriously, it shows you how many games you played.  You can SEE how many victories you have in that number.  You take the Victories and place them like this:

Victories                             and then you add in a division sign, like this:

Victories / TOTAL GAMES PLAYED                  Example:    V/TGP;  4/14, reduced to 2/7.  That can be converted and, not using a calculator here other than in my head, that's roughly around 28% WR.  That's as hard as that was for me.  It took me four more seconds to do that decimal conversion in my head but I required no pencil, paper or calculator to achieve this remarkable human feat of computation.  I didn't even break a sweat.

Answer can be expressed as that fraction and, if you did pass 4th Grade Math, you should be able to do that in your head easy peasy, lemon squeezy with what should be no real effort to convert it to a decimal equivalent. 

Shouldn't take more than, I don't know, on a slow day, six or seven whole seconds?

You can't be serious about this being tricky.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jun 14 2019 - 02:38.

spud_tuber #32 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 58995 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 13 2019 - 19:34, said:

Seriously?  You can't do that in your head in a matter of a fraction of a second?  Really?  Hand Math?  I said you should be able to do it in your head.

Be a man, indeed.  How about man up and use that wonderful chemical computer thinking battery we call a brain?  How hard can it be?

To be fair, I did have to explain to a cashier at Wal-Mart one time how to input a 10% discount.  I had this item which was in a messed up package.  I jokingly asked the cashier if I could get a discount on the item as it was badly mangled, package wise.  She asked a supervisor who said, "Yah, okay."

The supervisor left and she stood there for like fifteen seconds with her finger hovering over the register and you could tell she was looking for that 10% Discount Key.  I waited a few more seconds then said, "Can't you just divide the price by ten and then subtract that from the total and do it that way?"

She looked even more confused.  So I said, "Look, the item is $7.99.  10% of $7.99 is 79.9 cents, so you round up to 80 cents.  Subtract 80 cents from the total and you get the 10% off on the register."

That didn't help her -- at all.

Seriously, it shows you how many games you played.  You can SEE how many victories you have in that number.  You take the Victories and place them like this:

Victories                             and then you add in a division sign, like this:

Victories / TOTAL GAMES PLAYED                  Example:    V/TGP;  4/14, reduced to 2/7.  That can be converted and, not using a calculator here other than in my head, that's roughly around or roughly 28% WR.  That's as hard as that was for me.  It took me four more seconds to do that decimal conversion in my head but I required no pencil, paper or calculator to achieve this remarkable human feat of computation.  I didn't even break a sweat.

Answer can be expressed as that fraction and, if you did pass 4th Grade Math, you should be able to do that in your head easy peasy, lemon squeezy with what should be no real effort to convert it to a decimal equivalent. 

Shouldn't take more than, I don't know, on a slow day, six or seven whole seconds?

You can't be serious about this being tricky.

OvO

Now ask the nice cashier to make change without the fancy register to do the math for her.  

Hint for the young and uneducated amongst us.  It is actually pretty easy to do, and mostly involves the ability to add.  Surprisingly, it actually resembles the first step in common core subtraction somewhat. 

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #33 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 03:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Jun 13 2019 - 01:16, said:

The answer is as always money.

Wg wants players to keep playing, and by keeping out winrate from session stats then they reduce the chances of players getting discouraged and exiting their session.

/thread

WG has always tried to hide or at least minimize some stats. they even came up with WGR in an effort to twart wn* 

SquishySupreme #34 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 06:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles
They should change it to have daily weekly, and monthly tabs, though.  What rank you are this month shows your current skill level.

TankFullOfBourbon #35 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 07:41

Major

• Players
  • 30574 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

I totally agree. The first stat I'd have in there would be the win rate. Of course I can calc it myself but overall the stats are pretty useless. What I, and I emphasize it's me here, want to see are:

• Number of games in session
  • Number of wins, draws, losses
  • Win rate
  • Survival rate
  • Shots fired/Shots hit/Shots penned
  • Damage done per game
  • Damage taken per game
  • Kill rate
  • Average position in team based on XP
  • Credits earned total / Credits earned per game

I don't give a [edited]about SPG stats. 

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Jun 14 2019 - 07:41.

jiyang1018 #36 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 09:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30639 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U
because lack of thinking ability.

JunkaTheAdmirable #37 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 09:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21645 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 14 2019 - 01:46, said:

Over a large sample size (i.e. 1000 battles) the individual player is the biggest variable in determining battle outcomes, whether for good or ill. In a large sample sizes RNG (high and low damage rolls) will have an equally positive and negative effect which cancels out. 

The only factor that remains constant is player ability and choice (tank choice, platoon partners, ability to read map etc).

Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Jun 14 2019 - 09:56.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users