• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

grandthefttankV #21 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 35316 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View Postdnaman, on Jun 13 2019 - 20:47, said:

The fact that you can’t refeence (link) your information on a claim YOU are making would indicate you are full of bovine feces.  

Link is here https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

I could not find a reference to 47%. 

Markd73 #22 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 32767 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:05, said:

Im with tsavo on this one. Enough tin foil stupidity for one day

I cannot believe I actually agree with grandtheft on anything, but it happened.

DeviouslyCursed #23 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3894 battles

View PostBlue2019, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:38, said:

WG applied for a new patent on the "adjusted" MM (random battle) back in April 2019. It's a modified form of the one they already had

It can be found at several sites by searching Google "Wargaming 2019 patent application".  Yes, it can.

It still includes rigging to @ 47% win rate in random battles as a solution to WGs inability to code a MM for over 400 different vehicles. No it doesn't. Learn to read. It does has a part mentioning there is the potential to make algorithms that track win/loss ratio, and put people in higher or lower battle tiers based on session performance. This was in the other patents too. No where does it say the patent is for these algorithms, nor does it say or even imply that these algorithms have been applied to any game, WoT or otherwise.

Most long time players know that the MM is rigged and that the it has been verified in WGs last 4 patent applications.  Most intelligent gamers know it's not. What a sorry attempt to make your stupid beliefs seem more popular than they are.

And for those who are thinking "We don't know if it is applied in game". I actually know part of it is, and part of it is not. The part that is is the battle tier system, that has been implemented for a long time. That's why your tier 3 tank doesn't fight tier 9 tanks.  The part about win/loss ratios has not, as my game play confirms I do not always get placed in highest battle tier (meaning you'd be the lowest tier in the fight) even when when winning 10+ games in a row.

Yes, we do. No, you don't. Another sorry attempt to make your stupid beliefs seem more popular than they are.

Just read the patent. I did. Apparently you did not. Or you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand it.

My comments on this are in blue. This has been debunked over and over. But stupids will be stupid.

I will add that MM may favor new, stock tanks for the first few battles as a newly purchased tank seems to be top tier a lot (which I hate, btw, I would rather be bottom tier and not be the reason for a loss). Though I freely admit this could simply be confirmation bias at work. This is also mentioned as a possible use for the patent.

Edited by DeviouslyCursed, Jun 13 2019 - 22:24.

DrWho_ #24 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 22021 battles

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:57, said:

I outsmarted WG's algorithms. :B

Since I hardly ever platoon and I'm not in a clan so have I apparently, quite chuffed about that to be honest

And here I thought I was just and average player and it turns out I'm pretty good

The 47% WR makes me curious though, what happens to the rest of the games if everyone is supposed to be at 47% ??

stalkervision #25 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 66557 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Jun 13 2019 - 16:08, said:

Ctrl f’d this document and did not find 47% anywhere https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

You are the liar here. Clearly you have a gift for spreading fake news. Do you work for CNN on the side?

Thanks for the link. It will take a bit of time to study though to have a fair opinion. 

dnaman #26 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:25

Captain

• Players
  • 31964 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Jun 13 2019 - 14:09, said:

Link is here https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

I could not find a reference to 47%. 

So as I stated before, OP is full of bovine feces.  Thanks for confirming.

stalkervision #27 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 66557 battles
Just my p/o but to me the game works just like a claw machine which can be set to pay out at any amount of turns. They call them skill cranes but it is much more like gambling. I frequently win at these machines from knowing how they work.

khorender_1 #28 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7004 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Jun 13 2019 - 22:08, said:

Ctrl f’d this document and did not find 47% anywhere https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

You are the liar here. Clearly you have a gift for spreading fake news. Do you work for CNN on the side?

Hannity is that you? oh wait maybe it's TUCKER !! SMFH, faux noise much?

DeviouslyCursed #29 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3894 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Jun 13 2019 - 22:23, said:

Since I hardly ever platoon and I'm not in a clan so have I apparently, quite chuffed about that to be honest

And here I thought I was just and average player and it turns out I'm pretty good

The 47% WR makes me curious though, what happens to the rest of the games if everyone is supposed to be at 47% ??

Draws are losses for both teams. The actual average (mean) should be about 48-49%, but it depends on how often draws occur. The average player, or most common player (median or mode), can be higher or lower, depending on how many games the good players and bad players play. If good players play more often, then it forces the median and mode down some, as they are effectively stripping the common tanker of victories (here come the "IMPLEMENT SBMM NOW!" cries...)

Edited by DeviouslyCursed, Jun 13 2019 - 22:31.

__WarChild__ #30 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 30111 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I just read the patent and the OP Is RIGHT!!!

Patent Application:  "Wargaming seeks a patent on its inherently rigged matchmaking algorithm. Specifically, the algorithm provides Wargaming's customers with the opportunity to win 47% of their games.  For special customers like __WarChild__, Wargaming's rigged matchmaking algorithm will be increased to 48%, however, as long as __WarChild__ continues to pay-to-win, his winning percentage shall increase incrementally even with the summertime sloths and bots that we already inundate him with in game."

So glad I took the time to research and read this.  Thank you OP.:great:

This is valuable information...  

:facepalm:

Isola_di_Fano #31 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 24346 battles

View PostBlue2019, on Jun 13 2019 - 15:40, said:

I call BS.

The patent is 14 pages long and you found it and read it in 5 minutes?

You'd think all those supposed degrees would make you a better liar.

Stop the jerk off, please.

Blue2019,  there is NO 47% reference on the Patent application.

Screenshot or BS.

stalkervision #32 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:46

Major

• Players
  • 66557 battles
The only trouble I have found with the game is that I am not as skilled as with these cranes ! :angry:

Alain_Mafart #33 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

"I will add that MM may favor new, stock tanks for the first few battles as a newly purchased tank seems to be top tier a lot (which I hate, btw, I would rather be bottom tier and not be the reason for a loss). Though I freely admit this could simply be confirmation bias at work. This is also mentioned as a possible use for the patent."

I was of the understanding that this is what they do.

I vaguley recall reading it somehwere a long time ago.

It always seemed a silly idea being top tank in the crappiest (i.e. stock) tank in the game.

ez_money #34 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:51

Captain

• Players
  • 15695 battles

Searched the patent text and didn't find 47% anywhere. However, by just searching "matchmaker" I did find this tidbit. It doesn't say so explicitly, but the implication is that players will be put into battles of varying degrees of difficulty, with the aim (possibly) of trying to push everybody towards 50% WR, or as they put it "so players don't get frustrated or bored." Take it for what you will...I'm not going to worry about it.

"...the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games..."

Permachatbanned #35 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 22:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7601 battles

Tighten your tinfoil hat OP

Also 36 battles??? you've barely dipped your toes in the water and you're already spouting "OH ITS RIGGED" 

sources? proof? 

gonna chalk this one up as another tinfoil hat/conspiracy tanker rambling thread:child:

DeviouslyCursed #36 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 23:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3894 battles

View Postez_money, on Jun 13 2019 - 22:51, said:

Searched the patent text and didn't find 47% anywhere. However, by just searching "matchmaker" I did find this tidbit. It doesn't say so explicitly, but the implication is that players will be put into battles of varying degrees of difficulty, with the aim (possibly) of trying to push everybody towards 50% WR, or as they put it "so players don't get frustrated or bored." Take it for what you will...I'm not going to worry about it.

"...the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games..."

This is in the part where they are describing possible uses for the variable MM. It does not say that this is implemented. It is also the part that my game play has shown is NOT implemented in WoT, as never have I gotten stuck as bottom tier even when winning a lot. Nor have I had to face tougher opponents.

All you need to pull the population toward a 50% win rate (approximately 48.5% with draws) is a completely random MM. Then it is only through their skill (or incompetence) that they move away from the average.

Karmadharma #37 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 23:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14727 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I looked up three WG patents, US8425330B1 "Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game," US8879644B2 "Dynamic battle session matchmaking," and US924837B2 "Using and exporting experience gained in a video game." I did Control-F to search for "47." Found no reference to 47% win rate. Am unconvinced OP knows what he's talking about but he is welcome to cite specific patent reference. I kind of doubt there is one, however. Prove me wrong, OP.

grandthefttankV #38 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 35316 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View Postkhorender_1, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:30, said:

Hannity is that you? oh wait maybe it's TUCKER !! SMFH, faux noise much?

Ok there brian stelter. 

grandthefttankV #39 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 35316 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 13 2019 - 21:38, said:

I just read the patent and the OP Is RIGHT!!!

Patent Application:  "Wargaming seeks a patent on its inherently rigged matchmaking algorithm. Specifically, the algorithm provides Wargaming's customers with the opportunity to win 47% of their games.  For special customers like __WarChild__, Wargaming's rigged matchmaking algorithm will be increased to 48%, however, as long as __WarChild__ continues to pay-to-win, his winning percentage shall increase incrementally even with the summertime sloths and bots that we already inundate him with in game."

So glad I took the time to research and read this.  Thank you OP.:great:

This is valuable information...  

:facepalm:

#FAKENEWS 

DrWho_ #40 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 23:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 22021 battles

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Jun 13 2019 - 22:30, said:

Draws are losses for both teams. The actual average (mean) should be about 48-49%, but it depends on how often draws occur. The average player, or most common player (median or mode), can be higher or lower, depending on how many games the good players and bad players play. If good players play more often, then it forces the median and mode down some, as they are effectively stripping the common tanker of victories (here come the "IMPLEMENT SBMM NOW!" cries...)

I know how it works and the average WR on the NA server is 49% afaik, my draws account for .9% of my games, so where are the other 2% ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users