• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

LpBronco #21 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 21:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44045 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Postbgmp14, on Jun 14 2019 - 12:28, said:

They did not increase respawn time, just the restoration time for dead tanks. It just means you would have to jump into some other tank So you would not be flying over the field any longer than before.

Sorry, should have spent more time reading - saw Hellsfog's post and assumed he had done the reading for me. The vehicle repair time won't bother me much as I have my rotation pretty set and seldom cycle back to a tank (maybe the LTTB occasionally or the WZ-132) but I tend to start defensive and move to more offensive tanks (pun intended) with an increase in mobility for what I consider each stage of the game. I don't see the change in the "skill' sets will do much to actually limit the lights in this mode but it will probably move the IS- 3A into my rotation.

Hellsfog #22 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 38108 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postbgmp14, on Jun 14 2019 - 12:28, said:

They did not increase respawn time, just the restoration time for dead tanks. It just means you would have to jump into some other tank So you would not be flying over the field any longer than before.

Unless you don't have one, then you're waiting 7 minutes instead of 5 and 5 was already far too long. If you have a deep garage, you won't notice this change at all but if all you have is one rental, you're proper [edited]. I bet you didn't even know there was a 5 minute cool down before you could use the same tank. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Jun 15 2019 - 02:26.

3RiversRegt #23 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 19:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 65400 battles
  • [_QC_] _QC_

By cutting reserve for SPG AND LIGHT TANK.... well well well, if you were complaining of losing every time you play defense.... You are not done complaining.... DEFENSE will lose 98 percent of is game in the NEXT FRONTLINE.

AGAIN... TO PLEASE TO CHEATER BIG CLAN PLAYERS....

WARGAIMING.... is killing there own game with every changes they make... and they are wondering why nobody play the game anymore....   They should go in the washroom and look in the mirror there... You will be able to see who is the individual that is killing the game...

In NA almost nobody play the game (15k to 20k on a good night, EU server in an average night it's about 45 to 50K players)  Then you pass over 21k the first few night of Frontline and it drop after that to around 15K.WITH THE CHANGE they just made to FRONTLINE... Wargaiming is lucky that this week you can get the Swedish tank because otherwise many peoples would stop playing.

Starting defense this week (Frontline 5) will be an automatic lost and lot's of complain coming up.  Defense was losing most of is game now it will be losing all is game with few EXCEPTION.

THUMPS DOWN AGAIN FOR WARGAIMING.

Jryder #24 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 21:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Jun 14 2019 - 12:29, said:

Sorry, should have spent more time reading - saw Hellsfog's post and assumed he had done the reading for me. The vehicle repair time won't bother me much as I have my rotation pretty set and seldom cycle back to a tank (maybe the LTTB occasionally or the WZ-132) but I tend to start defensive and move to more offensive tanks (pun intended) with an increase in mobility for what I consider each stage of the game. I don't see the change in the "skill' sets will do much to actually limit the lights in this mode but it will probably move the IS- 3A into my rotation.

I think they are just trying to minimize the Wheelie backlash. They can't overtly minimize their cancerous existence nor are they willing to openly admit their mistake in adding them. The only option available is to try and limit them under the umbrella of overall game changes.

Most Wheelie owners probably just have one of them. They undoubtedly use it a lot. Keeping it out of the game (after destruction) for 2 minutes longer will likely lessen the number in battle. Altering the number of combat reserves addresses both the Wheelie problem as well as Arty OP'ness.

Having to change important game dynamics in order to minimize the use of certain vehicle types which WG supposedly rigorously tested and then put in the game is bizarre.

IMHO:

Wheelies - 1 combat reserve

Arty - 1 combat reserve (I could see more if they weren't Arty strike/Bombs)

All actual tanks/TD's - 2

FrontenacDuVandoo #25 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16146 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jun 14 2019 - 04:09, said:

The part about paying for the repairs once is true, I typically play 3-4 tanks, cycling through the 252U, IS-3A, LTTB, and Lansen, sometimes throwing in the 130PM or a Skorp G if im defending. 

I do run with premium account, but I know a couple of people who dont but they do run reserves and still make 120-150k a game on average...

You play premium tank. That makes a huge difference in credit income in FL.

ChatBan_ChatOff #26 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 22:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42903 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF
Get ready for the cries from arty.

rukie #27 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 20:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25165 battles
  • [GTO] GTO
How do you kill a pillbox?

FrozenKemp #28 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 52894 battles

View Postrukie, on Jun 17 2019 - 14:13, said:

How do you kill a pillbox?

Shoot it on the flat sides on the side or rear. 

Armodeus #29 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20141 battles
Yeah, FL was what kept me coming back but besides the increasing flood of OP premiums, autoloaders, exploiters in that mode, now they add the stunningly stupid restoration times. I think it's time to move on. Some of us were using the mode to grind through components that would been really painful in Randoms, but this is a big middle finger to us. I just don't get the mentality behind this kind of decision.

Edited by Armodeus, Jun 17 2019 - 21:01.

ddraig_goch_ #30 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 02:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5549 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

I just played 3 times as attacker and we lost all 3. Now you are lucky to get out of the spawn zone. In Zone C the defender always gets the drive up behind the cap, go figure. So you have to bring your heavy and heavy TD's which means you don't have the speed to go to the next cap without killing your tank. So they did this because of wheelies, well it's quite a mess. Funny in the last group i wanted to be attacker and now i want to be defense. of course, that isn't how i get to spawn. 

If they are doing this so i won't finish and get the reward tanks. they are well on their way. The meta of the new changes. is bad, on par of playing the Tiger 2 Captured to finish the missions. I definitely won't be buying any more tier 8 tanks for FL. Opps, Unless its OP.

Edited by Wraytl, Jun 18 2019 - 13:57.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #31 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 07:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View Post3RiversRegt, on Jun 15 2019 - 19:02, said:

By cutting reserve for SPG AND LIGHT TANK.... well well well, if you were complaining of losing every time you play defense.... You are not done complaining.... DEFENSE will lose 98 percent of is game in the NEXT FRONTLINE.

WARGAIMING.... is killing there own game with every changes they make... and they are wondering why nobody play the game anymore....   They should go in the washroom and look in the mirror there... You will be able to see who is the individual that is killing the game...

In NA almost nobody play the game (15k to 20k on a good night, EU server in an average night it's about 45 to 50K players)  Then you pass over 21k the first few night of Frontline and it drop after that to around 15K.WITH THE CHANGE they just made to FRONTLINE... Wargaiming is lucky that this week you can get the Swedish tank because otherwise many peoples would stop playing.

Starting defense this week (Frontline 5) will be an automatic lost and lot's of complain coming up.  Defense was losing most of is game now it will be losing all is game with few EXCEPTION.

quoting in case he edits this gem

Bag_of_Cox #32 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 10:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55885 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Post3RiversRegt, on Jun 15 2019 - 13:02, said:

Defenses are actually winning more.  Nostradamus you are not.

Not to mention that FL really isn't about winning, its about getting rank.

Edited by Bag_of_Cox, Jun 18 2019 - 10:42.

RacWisco #33 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74444 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
Not scientific but played a lot last night and less rank seems to be being achieved overall.

oxf_and_bucks #34 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 15:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52470 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Jun 18 2019 - 15:01, said:

Not scientific but played a lot last night and less rank seems to be being achieved overall.

That is the way it seemed to me last night as well.There also seemed to be quite a lot of passive play on offense.I'm not sure if that was just first day re-acclimation or the meta maybe changing.

Also tagged with FL, frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users