My financial tactics bit me in the posterior, big time

sales galore

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DrWho_ #1 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 21:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 21859 battles

So I'm one of those guys who enjoys playing the financial aspect of this game and extract as much out of the resources as possible.

Whenever there's a consumables sale I stock up on everything 

Whenever there's an equipment sales I stock up on everything

Because having credits sitting in your account doesn't do much and then there was the BM sales a while back which drained my coffers of 26.5 million credits

All this while grinding out lots of tanks but not actually buying them because there was no rush and I figured I could buy them whenever or when a sale came up. As a result of all this I have 90 million credits worth of equipment and consumables in my depot so I never ever buy those at full price, makes for cheaper everyday gaming, and around 10 million credits ready in case a tank I've researched comes on sale and if there's a full tech tree sale I can always sell off consumables/equipment to free up some credits right, bought on sale so no loss

Talk about getting burned by my tactics, WG decided to have a long awaited tech tree sale at the same time they have a sale on equipment and consumables so Here I am with 33 million credits worth of tanks researched and no way to get them all without taking a huge loss on either tanks I hardly ever play (but still hang onto for various reasons) or consumables/equipment

Bummer

Oh well, guess I'll be playing premium tanks and running credit booster all weekend to earn as much credits as possible

Cash is king people, cash is king

the_dude_76 #2 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 33584 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
Yeah, 90 million worth of consumables/equipment is a little excessive. But just run some credit boosters and do a little premium tank grinding and you should be able to pick up a few of those tanks this weekend

JONDIESATTHEEND #3 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 22:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11880 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_

View PostDrWho_, on Jun 14 2019 - 14:50, said:

So I'm one of those guys who enjoys playing the financial aspect of this game and extract as much out of the resources as possible.

Whenever there's a consumables sale I stock up on everything 

Whenever there's an equipment sales I stock up on everything

Because having credits sitting in your account doesn't do much and then there was the BM sales a while back which drained my coffers of 26.5 million credits

All this while grinding out lots of tanks but not actually buying them because there was no rush and I figured I could buy them whenever or when a sale came up. As a result of all this I have 90 million credits worth of equipment and consumables in my depot so I never ever buy those at full price, makes for cheaper everyday gaming, and around 10 million credits ready in case a tank I've researched comes on sale and if there's a full tech tree sale I can always sell off consumables/equipment to free up some credits right, bought on sale so no loss

Talk about getting burned by my tactics, WG decided to have a long awaited tech tree sale at the same time they have a sale on equipment and consumables so Here I am with 33 million credits worth of tanks researched and no way to get them all without taking a huge loss on either tanks I hardly ever play (but still hang onto for various reasons) or consumables/equipment

Bummer

Oh well, guess I'll be playing premium tanks and running credit booster all weekend to earn as much credits as possible

Cash is king people, cash is king

I spent all of my credits on school books for my tier 9 Skoda t 50. I used gold and events to get past the tvp/tvu so I was only working on my second skill in a tier 9 tank. 12 million credits later and I have a decent crew. WG has managed to keep me broke and happy so everything is working as intended.

dunniteowl #4 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 22:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 29696 battles

Check your Tank Modules, Guns, Radios, Engines, Shells and Turrets and see what you have you can sell.  Additionally, you could probably get away with waiting a bit and selling back some of your Consumables (don't know if you have time and you certainly will take a 'bath' credits-wise selling them off now).

Otherwise, yeah, you sort of got tail bit on that one.

I have 26 Empty Garage Slots waiting for tanks right now.  So I spent 20.05M credits on consumables so I wouldn't have to buy anymore this year, I'm willing to bet.

If I can get my connection stable and under control, then I'll have a reason to start filling those Garage Slots with researched tanks I've been wanting to buy for over a year now.

I feel your pain.

OvO

Isola_di_Fano #5 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 24341 battles

Meh ... you can sell those rare premium tanks you can buy back in the garage;

you will be able to buy them back at an extra 10% cost, instead of loosing 50% if you sell other tanks/consumables/equipment.

If you need to ...

Buttknuckle #6 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 50384 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

Also don't forget to revisit the flags and emblems you can sell. I recently cashed in about 400K worth of various SA flags that arrived from somewhere.

DrWho_ #7 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 23:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 21859 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 14 2019 - 22:19, said:

Check your Tank Modules, Guns, Radios, Engines, Shells and Turrets and see what you have you can sell.  Additionally, you could probably get away with waiting a bit and selling back some of your Consumables (don't know if you have time and you certainly will take a 'bath' credits-wise selling them off now).

I did that to finance the DeathStar :D

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Jun 14 2019 - 22:42, said:

you will be able to buy them back at an extra 10% cost, instead of loosing 50% if you sell other tanks/consumables/equipment.

If you need to ...

Good call, I'll see what I have :)

View PostButtknuckle, on Jun 14 2019 - 22:43, said:

Also don't forget to revisit the flags and emblems you can sell. I recently cashed in about 400K worth of various SA flags that arrived from somewhere.

Good one, had forgotten about those

spud_tuber #8 Posted Jun 14 2019 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 57100 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Jun 14 2019 - 15:43, said:

Also appear to be on sale. 

Rocker_Box #9 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 02:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8138 battles

Between the Black Market, 4mill in crew books, and now stocking up on equipment and consumables. I'm as close to being tapped out as I've ever been!

Normally I keep at least 6-10mill credits on hand... however WOT has been pretty good at making some offers that I just couldn't refuse the past couple of months.

I'm sure it won't take long at all to recoup the 4mill credits for crew training, as it was applied to the two crews that generate for me the most credits in game. WOT has done a real good job of getting me to spend credits as of late, and what's more making me feel good about getting value for them!

Lucky for me I guess that I've already secured deep discounts in two of the three lines that I'm going up from the past two Christmas events. For me it's back to grinding credits, and trying to free up and or acquire some more garage space. Have fun OP... it's not our job it's our entertainment!

For all the foul things sometimes said about WOT on the forms, as of late they have done a pretty fair job of making me enjoy the game!

Peak_Bagger #10 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 03:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19095 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
I just bought and equipped an Emil I, an AMX 13 90, a Udes 14/5 and a T92. Tomorrow I will unlock, buy and equip a T-54. This sale came at just the right time for me. Having a little patience saved me a bunch of credits. But now I've gotta have the patience to await a crew sale so that I can switch all my crews over at half price. Patience is such a key for this game, both in battles and in the garage.:)

Jryder #11 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 06:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles
And all this time I thought the game was about driving tanks and shooting stuff...

coconut2011 #12 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 07:13

Captain

• Players
  • 61292 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
There is a mod that can help you sell emblems quickly.  That can be quite a bit of money as well.

DrWho_ #13 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 11:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 21859 battles

View PostJryder, on Jun 15 2019 - 06:52, said:

And all this time I thought the game was about driving tanks and shooting stuff...

I enjoy figuring things out, probably why I've enjoyed 4Tanker's videos more than any of the other CCs out there :)

But aside from my personal enjoyment from this it detracts nothing from the game if by paying attention to these things you're never short of credits when you're ready to purchase the next tank you've grinded or in my case when the DeathStar came up for credits. In this particular case it backfired on me but if WG hadn't drained my credits account with the BM sale this wouldn't have been an issue at all for me as I would have been able to purchase about 15 tanks on sale this weekend just with the credits I had sitting in my account.

I never grind credits, I just spend it "wisely" and that saves some frustration in the long run but this time it backfired on me because I had stocked up my depot too much

DrWho_ #14 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 11:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 21859 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Jun 14 2019 - 22:42, said:

If you need to ...

Did the math on it and if I limit myself to purchasing the tanks I most want rather than just everything I've unlocked I can get away with paying a 1 million premium to save around 5 million credits on purchases, not a bad deal under the circumstances

Thx mate, I would never have thought of this myself as it didn't occur to me that it was only the Premiums available in the shop/tech tree that was discounted

Tedsc #15 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 08:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41991 battles
I hear ya.  I spent 24 million on tanks I had researched but not purchased and another 50 million on consumables.  Down to 10 million credits.  Luckily Frontline starts Monday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users