NO MORE CODES

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: NO MORE CODES (36 members have cast votes)

Do you like activating codes?

1. Yes (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. No (19 votes [52.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.78%

3. No, but Scavenger Hunt codes are okay (12 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

PotatoLegend99 #1 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35388 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
Another weekend, another round of codes. Enough I say, enough please! At the very least poll your user base on what codes we hate or like to see

Edited by PotatoLegend99, Jun 16 2019 - 03:35.

WhineMaker #2 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 01:35

Major

• Players
  • 37350 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

No one is making you enter the codes. If you don't want the FREE STUFF, don't enter the codes. Simple enough... :P

You know, entering the codes into the pre populated field, using the link provided, takes less time than coming to the forum and beginning a thread... :facepalm:

SymbiosisBC #3 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 18471 battles

I dunno, man...

If players don't like codes — fine;  don't use codes.  They are optional.  Players can still play without activating codes — right?

Me?  Can't complain.  I like the added bonuses that these codes offer.  I mean, who's gonna turn down free stuff?

Hey, if one wants to take a moral stand against codes — fine.  So be it.  All the power to you.  That's your right — but, please — we do not need to know that.

Zip it.

PotatoLegend99 #4 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35388 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 15 2019 - 17:35, said:

No one is making you enter the codes. If you don't want the FREE STUFF, don't enter the codes. Simple enough... :P

You know, entering the codes into the pre populated field, using the link provided, takes less time than coming to the forum and beginning a thread... :facepalm:

I type real fast and reading the articles to find and enter the pre-populated codes takes time that adds up really quickly. Further, aside from the scavenger hunt and pick a team events, WoT is forcing you and me and everybody to enter the codes to get FREE STUFF that has always been part of the game without codes. Perhaps if you spent less time playing arty and being an *edited* on the forums, you'd know that.

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Jun 15 2019 - 17:40, said:

I dunno, man...

If players don't like codes — fine;  don't use codes.  They are optional.  Players can still play without activating codes — right?

Me?  Can't complain.  I like the added bonuses that these codes offer.  I mean, who's gonna turn down free stuff?

Hey, if one wants to take a moral stand against codes — fine.  So be it.  All the power to you.  That's your right — but, please — we do not need to know that.

Zip it.

What added bonuses? x2 crew weekends? x1.5 xp weekends? play your tank class? tank mastery? All of these missions have always been automatically active in the game since they were introduced. Content like the Scavenger Hunt and Pick A Team events that have always involved codes, that's great added bonuses, but the rest has always been regularly reoccurring events within the game.

StoneTitan #5 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles
Quit defending WG.  I guess everyone doing it would rather spend their time searching and entering codes when missions and other things used to activate automatically.:facepalm:  The "don't likes the codes then don't enter them" argument is kinda lame and you know it.:izmena:

SymbiosisBC #6 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 18471 battles

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Jun 15 2019 - 18:26, said:

What added bonuses? x2 crew weekends? x1.5 xp weekends? play your tank class? tank mastery? All of these missions have always been automatically active in the game since they were introduced. Content like the Scavenger Hunt and Pick A Team events that have always involved codes, that's great added bonuses, but the rest has always been regularly reoccurring events within the game.

View PostStoneTitan, on Jun 15 2019 - 18:31, said:

Quit defending WG.  I guess everyone doing it would rather spend their time searching and entering codes when missions and other things used to activate automatically.:facepalm:  The "don't likes the codes then don't enter them" argument is kinda lame and you know it.:izmena:

lol

What did Pee Wee Herman say?...  Oh yeah:  Everyone's got a big "but"...

:popcorn:

Slone #7 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:46

Captain

• Players
  • 19900 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

When my day is finally over and I can sit down and relax for a little bit, I want to play some tanks and blow some stuff up. I don't want to have to check this, that and the other website to find the codes to activate the bonuses that were always an inherent part of the game. I put up with enough silly BS throughout my day, I don't need it from my supposed relaxation. 

P.S,: Good job toadies, how much is WG paying you?

Hellsfog #8 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 37667 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostSlone, on Jun 15 2019 - 20:46, said:

When my day is finally over and I can sit down and relax for a little bit, I want to play some tanks and blow some stuff up. I don't want to have to check this, that and the other website to find the codes to activate the bonuses that were always an inherent part of the game. I put up with enough silly BS throughout my day, I don't need it from my supposed relaxation. 

P.S,: Good job toadies, how much is WG paying you?

That's if you even know there is a code or the code isn't released until after you've stop playing. 

Slone #9 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 03:04

Captain

• Players
  • 19900 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostHellsfog, on Jun 15 2019 - 20:49, said:

... or the code isn't released until after you've stop playing. 

Yup, because WG customer service is so half bummed that they wait till the last minute or even later to post information. Years ago we'd see a post about the weekend specials on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, so you knew what was happening and could plan ahead. But now you get the impression that WG is pulling stuff out of their bum. Folks come in on Friday morning and about lunch time they are told:

"Hey, the boss decided that we are running a x2 weekend, post something on the forums so that the marks know. But first get out that info about the Premium Shop specials of the hour."

WhineMaker #10 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 37350 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Jun 15 2019 - 17:26, said:

I type real fast and reading the articles to find and enter the pre-populated codes takes time that adds up really quickly. Further, aside from the scavenger hunt and pick a team events, WoT is forcing you and me and everybody to enter the codes to get FREE STUFF that has always been part of the game without codes. Perhaps if you spent less time playing arty and being an *edited* on the forums, you'd know that.

I'm sorry, but the time it takes you to log in and enter the code is much faster than your claimed typing skills... :facepalm:

Maybe if you spent more time playing arty, instead of the usual whining and belly aching how arty is so unfair and supposedly broken, you'd have plenty of time to enter the codes for more FREE stuff... 

If you don't like arty in WoT, then you should go play WoT Blitz... :arta:

...or better yet, get out and develop/produce your very own arty free tank game. Until you do, arty will be present in WoT and I'll continue play WoT within its design and rules just for you, whether you like arty or not... :great:

Hellsfog #11 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 04:32

Major

• Players
  • 37667 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostSlone, on Jun 15 2019 - 21:04, said:

Yup, because WG customer service is so half bummed that they wait till the last minute or even later to post information. Years ago we'd see a post about the weekend specials on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, so you knew what was happening and could plan ahead. But now you get the impression that WG is pulling stuff out of their bum. Folks come in on Friday morning and about lunch time they are told:

"Hey, the boss decided that we are running a x2 weekend, post something on the forums so that the marks know. But first get out that info about the Premium Shop specials of the hour."

While I agree with you, in fairness to the tyranny of time zones, WG NA staff is in central time so if you're on the east coast, WG staff doesn't even come in until 10 a.m and I guess a solution to the problem isn't as obvious as I think it is. The one thing that really bothers me is that the codes are completely pointless. There's no reason to do it other than the whim of WG's marketing department, which could be confused to the monkey pen at a zoo. 

About the weekend specials, you're absolutely right. My understanding is that those things are planned well in advance. There's no excuse to not post them on Thursday. 

PotatoLegend99 #12 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 04:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35388 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 15 2019 - 20:04, said:

If you don't like arty in WoT, then you should go play WoT Blitz... :arta:

...or better yet, get out and develop/produce your very own arty free tank game. Until you do, arty will be present in WoT and I'll continue play WoT within its design and rules just for you, whether you like arty or not... :great:

I suspect your 20k arty games and 5k forum posts have had a negative impact on your brain. I didn't say a word about my feelings towards arty, a class in which I have thousands of battles myself.

WhineMaker #13 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 09:14

Major

• Players
  • 37350 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Jun 15 2019 - 19:59, said:

I suspect your 20k arty games and 5k forum posts have had a negative impact on your brain. I didn't say a word about my feelings towards arty, a class in which I have thousands of battles myself.

And I could care less, whether you approve that I play arty or not. I'll continue to play arty exclusively, as long as I continue to find it fun and entertaining, not when you decide how I should play WoT. If you'd like to take over my mortgage payments, insurance premiums, utilities and a few other expenses, I may reconsider your request and play another class in WoT. Until then, deal with it as best you can. Maybe after I play another 10k or so arty battles, your request that I play less battles in arty, will hold any significance, but don't bet on it...  :P

Hope to see you on the red team soon... :arta:

Mr_G0NE #14 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24372 battles
The problem with codes isn't the codes themselves, it's the piss poor communication that a code exists and the timing of it's release.  If the in-game interface were used to communicate codes 1 day in advance, most of the [edited]would die away.

dunniteowl #15 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 17:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 29809 battles

Or if, Heaven Forfend, they simply embedded THAT into the "Combat Intelligence" portion of the Interface.  You click on the Missions YOU want to take on there and doing that automatically ENTERS the code for you.  

That would be one way to do it.  We get a "Less Cluttered" list of Missions.  We don't FEEL like we're entering codes, because it's just like selecting and accepting a Mission.  WG gets their 'data collection' on who is interested in what Missions/Events and whatnot without unduly annoying their player base.  Seems doable.

OvO

WhineMaker #16 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 37350 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 16 2019 - 08:21, said:

Or if, Heaven Forfend, they simply embedded THAT into the "Combat Intelligence" portion of the Interface.  You click on the Missions YOU want to take on there and doing that automatically ENTERS the code for you.  

That would be one way to do it.  We get a "Less Cluttered" list of Missions.  We don't FEEL like we're entering codes, because it's just like selecting and accepting a Mission.  WG gets their 'data collection' on who is interested in what Missions/Events and whatnot without unduly annoying their player base.  Seems doable.

OvO

And this idea stops WG's attempts to drive more traffic to their Premium Shop website... 

PotatoLegend99 #17 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35388 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 16 2019 - 01:14, said:

And I could care less, whether you approve that I play arty or not. I'll continue to play arty exclusively, as long as I continue to find it fun and entertaining, not when you decide how I should play WoT. If you'd like to take over my mortgage payments, insurance premiums, utilities and a few other expenses, I may reconsider your request and play another class in WoT. Until then, deal with it as best you can. Maybe after I play another 10k or so arty battles, your request that I play less battles in arty, will hold any significance, but don't bet on it...  :P

Hope to see you on the red team soon... :arta:

You presume too much. Where did I make such a request? I decline your offer and will send you my patented head diaper instead to help deal with your whining/crying =)

You do, typically once a day most weeks, nearly always on the enemy team which is great because then it's a guaranteed win for my team =)

dunniteowl #18 Posted Jun 16 2019 - 20:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 29809 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 16 2019 - 12:59, said:

And this idea stops WG's attempts to drive more traffic to their Premium Shop website... 

[In my best Eric Idle in the "Argument Clinic" from Monty Python]

Not necessarily.

It could be just added into what's already there.  There are Tabs across the top of Combat Intelligence now and the Splash Ads for the Premium Shop could pop up first, maybe?  Or be the first Tab, even if you show up on the Missions Tab from the choice rollout.  

As I opined initially.  Seems doable.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users