• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Beefy_Tanks #1 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Hey-o,

Just wondering why anything in Frontline was changed at all. The balance changes seem incredibly unnecessary and funny to be honest.

When it comes to reserve slots, it sort of makes sense what they did to lights, considering they should be more busy spotting targets than using recon or dropping artillery. Mediums needed 2 reserves, so that's okay as well, but Heavies getting 3 reserves purely because they don't move as fast is stupid. TD's could use 1 to be honest and the only class to EVER use recon, artillery, will no longer be able to due to their use of Engineering, which is far superior to anything else for the class.

Also, give pillboxes the ability to see because we all know that inanimate objects are capable of sight and reconnaissance pre-1960. Dumbest bit of these changes.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been considered, but for people who don't stick around very long per life on Frontline mode, they would really prefer a spawn credit duration REDUCTION, not an increase. The spawn timer is fine, it's the spawn credits that people don't like waiting for.

Just my humble opinion, but this is my favorite thing to come out of WG since 1.0, so Id like to see it not be destroyed by unnecessary balancing. Thanks.

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 13169 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
They have lost that loving feelin and are trying to get it back but it's gone, gone, gone.  Fewer and fewer people are playing this silly mode anymore and that is due to all the problems that keep being pointed out.  I don't play enough of the mode to really even worry about it.  I might get to play an hour every day two and have not even prestiged once yet.  Personally, I don't even care either.  If I play it, I will be there only for the credit earning potential(s) and nothing else.  I already have the first 2 tanks so there is no way I will be getting any of the other 2.

Beefy_Tanks #3 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I feel you there, but as someone who's currently at max prestige and looking forward to the hopefully INSANELY overpowered Tier 9 premium, I hope that it isn't further abused. I enjoy it greatly.

oxf_and_bucks #4 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51863 battles

it is going to be such a joy to see even more Defenders,252U,and VK100s parked on defensive caps,now with arty and airstrike!

Though I guess my FCM 50T will see more duty with 3 consumables available to it.

Kramah313 #5 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4174 battles
As I understand it, the spawn credit timer is not changed. What has been increased is the respawn timer per tank. So if one of your tanks gets destroyed, it’s now 7 minutes before that tank can be used again, not 5. But you can still respawn with a different one as normal. I’m not sure what to think about that. The idea is that people can’t spam their wheelies all day long. But that puts players with fewer tanks at an even greater disadvantage. 

Atragon #6 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 42796 battles
Don't forget; frontline is a fun no risk mode (gift mode) and no harm trying new things out and experimenting.

Edited by Atragon, Jun 17 2019 - 02:10.

Beefy_Tanks #7 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Unless of course, they are obviously bad ideas.

24cups #8 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:16

Major

• Players
  • 24237 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 16 2019 - 19:13, 

When it comes to reserve slots, it sort of makes sense what they did to lights, considering they should be more busy spotting targets than using recon or dropping artillery. Mediums needed 2 reserves, so that's okay as well, but Heavies getting 3 reserves purely because they don't move as fast is stupid. TD's could use 1 to be honest and the only class to EVER use recon, artillery, will no longer be able to due to their use of Engineering, which is far superior to anything else for the class.

Also, give pillboxes the ability to see because we all know that inanimate objects are capable of sight and reconnaissance pre-1960. Dumbest bit of these changes.

1) offhand can't remember the specifics but why would arty use engineering  ?

2) why'd you consider pillboxes should have no spotting because they're inanimate objects? So are tanks.

Did you not think that they have a crew for that giant inoperable gun ?

spud_tuber #9 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:28

Major

• Players
  • 57164 battles

View Post24cups, on Jun 16 2019 - 19:16, said:

2) why'd you consider pillboxes should have no spotting because they're inanimate objects? So are tanks.

1) decapping.  That's where the big rank points are for arty, is decapping on defense.

24cups #10 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:32

Major

• Players
  • 24237 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
As I haven't used arty on Frontline I had no idea they could use engineering in that manner.  I was under the impression that engineering helped only if you were parked on the cap circle.

Beefy_Tanks #11 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post24cups, on Jun 16 2019 - 20:16, said:

Engineering boosts the effect of a stun on the target, especially in regards to stunning while capturing, rewarding the artillery player greatly for every tick of capture that would have been made by the tank on base. Now multiply all incoming capture points by however many tanks you can effect on target simultaneously. Yeah. It's the only reason you see 480 arty players queuing and 30 lights, mediums, etc. It's CRAZY profitable in terms of experience and, in turn, Frontline experience for leveling. (In every 25 Frontline games, I got about 16 Generals)

I just made a highlight of the most hilarious shot I ever took here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/440143517

And no, I wouldn't imagine the Gun Pillboxes to be able to see because if they were in fact inoperable as you say, why would they be manned at all? As soon as they add that the Pillboxes do the nuking in the areas that are recently captured, then all would make sense. (Watch them do that next)

Beefy_Tanks #12 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Sorry for the repost

Edited by Beefy_Tanks, Jun 17 2019 - 02:38.

spud_tuber #13 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 57164 battles
For capping, yes.

On defense, it does 2 things.  From level 1 to 4, it increases the "blocked time" when you damage a tank attempting to cap, resulting in more cap defense points per hit.   At level 5, in addition to the increased blocked time, it also allows defenders to block all capping attempts by being on the cap circle.  I'm sure you're aware of how quickly this can rack up points.

Beefy_Tanks #14 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postspud_tuber, on Jun 16 2019 - 20:39, said:

For capping, yes.

On defense, it does 2 things. From level 1 to 4, it increases the "blocked time" when you damage a tank attempting to cap, resulting in more cap defense points per hit. At level 5, in addition to the increased blocked time, it also allows defenders to block all capping attempts by being on the cap circle. I'm sure you're aware of how quickly this can rack up points.

Precisely. I use the Lorraine as well, for maximum FIRE RATE, rather than overall stun time or even splash radius, just because I can make follow-up shots faster, and along with my team hitting the targets I have stunned, I get the points for that too, 1 for 1. It's pretty crazy.

24cups #15 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 24237 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 16 2019 - 20:36, said:

Engineering boosts the effect of a stun on the target, especially in regards to stunning while capturing, rewarding the artillery player greatly for every tick of capture that would have been made by the tank on base. Now multiply all incoming capture points by however many tanks you can effect on target simultaneously. Yeah. It's the only reason you see 480 arty players queuing and 30 lights, mediums, etc. It's CRAZY profitable in terms of experience and, in turn, Frontline experience for leveling. (In every 25 Frontline games, I got about 16 Generals)

I just made a highlight of the most hilarious shot I ever took here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/440143517

Okay I get it,  but that's the stupid thing in Frontline. 

tod914 #16 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 63939 battles
The pillboxes I'm not sold on.  That view range should be cut down to maybe 100 meters or so.  Way too much of an advantage towards the Defense.  Should be a good boost for Major and General ranks on the D team.

Edited by tod914, Jun 17 2019 - 04:31.

Beefy_Tanks #17 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 04:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post24cups, on Jun 16 2019 - 20:50, said:

Okay I get it,  but that's the stupid thing in Frontline. 

Yes, the basic mechanics of Artillery have been hated for years beyond Frontline, with 5 major nerfs made to the entire class in 6 years, so I understand that people don't like it. But then again, this is the only mode in the game in which artillery do well. The only one.

commander42 #18 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 26687 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
actually

This is a GREAT and NEEDED change.

Heavies need the most help in frontlines.
Lights are the most OP in frontlines.  They deserve by far the least of help.

Mediums and tds vary based on some being OP, some being UP.  So them both getting two is a compromise.  Arty could maybe get two but one is fair for them as well.

Thank you WG

Beefy_Tanks #19 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 05:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 17596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postcommander42, on Jun 16 2019 - 23:23, said:

actually

This is a GREAT and NEEDED change.

Heavies need the most help in frontlines.
Lights are the most OP in frontlines.  They deserve by far the least of help.

Mediums and tds vary based on some being OP, some being UP.  So them both getting two is a compromise.  Arty could maybe get two but one is fair for them as well.

Thank you WG

I'm not sure why heavies would need the most help having the most armor, almost the best guns and the most health, but sure, I'm looking forward to having more targets on base. Being slow is not an excuse to be buffed. In that case my Borsig would be much faster.

I also appreciate your understanding that Lights need to just stick to their incredibly profitable spotting capabilities.

I would accept 2 reserves, sure, but "arty is OP" so they won't be doing that. The stupid masses have spoken out of their asses once again, and arty has received another downgrade. Not surprised, so I can go with it.

commander42 #20 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 26687 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 16 2019 - 23:28, said:

I'm not sure why heavies would need the most help having the most armor, almost the best guns and the most health, but sure, I'm looking forward to having more targets on base. Being slow is not an excuse to be buffed.

I also appreciate your understanding that Lights need to just stick to their incredibly profitable spotting capabilities.

I would accept 2 reserves, sure, but "arty is OP" so they won't be doing that. The stupid masses have spoken out of their asses once again, and arty has received another downgrade. Not surprised, so I can go with it.

armor as a concept doesn't work as well in frontline, plus not all heavies have that great of armor compared to mediums.  My tiger2 for example in frontlines the only asset it really has is the gun.  In frontlines armor and hp is devalued.  Mobility, view range, and camo are more valued. 

Arty is not OP but the reason it could definitely use less reserves than it previously had, is when it could 3 combination of recon or engineering, or arty strike or air strike.  Toning it down to two of those four would be fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users