Frontline Episode 6 Why? Sentient Buildings

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

TVV #41 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 22:14

Captain

• Players
  • 57163 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

I have not played FL after the changes, so can't say whether the changes are good or bad - will have to play for the entire week to form an opinion. Based on the changes I expect more air and arty strikes, as there should be more overall reserves per team given the predominant med and heavy team make up. I also expect meds to be stronger - mobility is still key and now they have an extra reserve, while lights have been slightly weakened and have to make tough choices on reserves. The heavies have the reserves, but lack of mobility is still a problem. 

The FL season is extremely long and changes are necessary. That being said, the most necessary change is still another map. 

Beefy_Tanks #42 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 22:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 18539 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postowlgator, on Jun 17 2019 - 15:28, said:

That's what the other guy said.  My comment was on the number of heavies.  If you don't think these changes will increase heavies in FL you're nuts - especially those that have decent mobility.

Oh sure, and thats fine, Ill just have more to kill.

ThePigSheFlies #43 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 74586 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 16 2019 - 19:13, said:

Hey-o,

Just wondering why anything in Frontline was changed at all. The balance changes seem incredibly unnecessary and funny to be honest.

When it comes to reserve slots, it sort of makes sense what they did to lights, considering they should be more busy spotting targets than using recon or dropping artillery. Mediums needed 2 reserves, so that's okay as well, but Heavies getting 3 reserves purely because they don't move as fast is stupid. TD's could use 1 to be honest and the only class to EVER use recon, artillery, will no longer be able to due to their use of Engineering, which is far superior to anything else for the class.

Also, give pillboxes the ability to see because we all know that inanimate objects are capable of sight and reconnaissance pre-1960. Dumbest bit of these changes.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been considered, but for people who don't stick around very long per life on Frontline mode, they would really prefer a spawn credit duration REDUCTION, not an increase. The spawn timer is fine, it's the spawn credits that people don't like waiting for.

Just my humble opinion, but this is my favorite thing to come out of WG since 1.0, so Id like to see it not be destroyed by unnecessary balancing. Thanks.

I disagree with LTs being reduced to 1.  dropping recon on an adjacent zone while actively scouting one zone was one of the best ways to help gain rank, and help your team after the cap zones were being contested.  given that mediums can scout, as well as use their gun effectively, the fact that you think they "needed" 2 and lights only "needed 1" shows some prejudice imho.

anyway, whereas the vast majority of this morning's players were exceptionally passive, the "rebalance" didn't really impinge on my ability to general.  I played 10 or 11 battles this morning.  Generaled in all but 2.  Majored in one, (the only win) and less than Major in one roflestomp loss where the passive team capped a total of one cap zone before time ran out...

the number of consumables would be a nearly moot point if they just eliminated the toxic air strikes and arty strikes.  they weren't very good at helping the team most of the time, and ranking was always far easier in LTs if you used recon + smoke + engineering, plus your own view range, and your gun/mobility...  I will agree that heavies getting 3 is beyond absurd.

ez_money #44 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 22:26

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles

View PostTVV, on Jun 17 2019 - 15:14, said:

the most necessary change is still another map.

^^^THIS!!!

Beefy_Tanks #45 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 23:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 18539 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postez_money, on Jun 17 2019 - 16:26, said:

^^^THIS!!!

Its coming, probably for the next Episode.

Anublister #46 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 23:45

Captain

• Players
  • 68703 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

Whaw, I just played daytime FL and I think my IQ went down 50 points. It's horrible.There was nothing wrong with the Combat Reserve slots. What's wrong is the composition of the teams. Some players are just incapable of understanding what to do or even basic tactics. Teamwork is an alien concept. There seems to be no understanding of how to reinforce flanks. Some tankers blindly stay in zones they won't or can't attack in. Others rush to one zone © and sit there the whole match while the map gets captured around them.

I'm not sure anything could have improved defense. It doesn't matter if the objectives can spot if NO ONE moves to defend them. It sucks playing during the day, but that is my best time. I envy the better teams that will be on in the evening. At least there will be some players that know what they're doing.

Argh, I need a sedative and a cocktail. The play is so bad I can't even rage or get mad. It's beyond stupid. Nothing substantial has changed, it just seems the players can't figure it out.

Hint 1: Attackers can hit #4 turret from EAST of it, near the train tracks. Looking there you will see the (smart) enemy players firing away. Shoot them.

Hint 2: Attackers can hit #1 turret from the SouthWest and often do just that. Look for them, shoot them.

Hint 3: Many capture zones require flanking support to succeed (that means friendly presence on the SIDES). 

Hint 4: Many if not all the players that need these hints will never read them.

:amazed::mellow::facepalm:

Anublister #47 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 23:46

Captain

• Players
  • 68703 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jun 17 2019 - 21:16, said:

I disagree with LTs being reduced to 1.  dropping recon on an adjacent zone while actively scouting one zone was one of the best ways to help gain rank, and help your team after the cap zones were being contested.  given that mediums can scout, as well as use their gun effectively, the fact that you think they "needed" 2 and lights only "needed 1" shows some prejudice imho.

anyway, whereas the vast majority of this morning's players were exceptionally passive, the "rebalance" didn't really impinge on my ability to general.  I played 10 or 11 battles this morning.  Generaled in all but 2.  Majored in one, (the only win) and less than Major in one roflestomp loss where the passive team capped a total of one cap zone before time ran out...

the number of consumables would be a nearly moot point if they just eliminated the toxic air strikes and arty strikes.  they weren't very good at helping the team most of the time, and ranking was always far easier in LTs if you used recon + smoke + engineering, plus your own view range, and your gun/mobility...  I will agree that heavies getting 3 is beyond absurd.

But I'm sure you'd like the teams better if those players you told to drink bleach would only take your advice.

:ohmy:

Beefy_Tanks #48 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 03:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 18539 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostAnublister, on Jun 17 2019 - 17:45, said:

Whaw, I just played daytime FL and I think my IQ went down 50 points. It's horrible.There was nothing wrong with the Combat Reserve slots. What's wrong is the composition of the teams. Some players are just incapable of understanding what to do or even basic tactics. Teamwork is an alien concept. There seems to be no understanding of how to reinforce flanks. Some tankers blindly stay in zones they won't or can't attack in. Others rush to one zone © and sit there the whole match while the map gets captured around them.

I'm not sure anything could have improved defense. It doesn't matter if the objectives can spot if NO ONE moves to defend them. It sucks playing during the day, but that is my best time. I envy the better teams that will be on in the evening. At least there will be some players that know what they're doing.

Argh, I need a sedative and a cocktail. The play is so bad I can't even rage or get mad. It's beyond stupid. Nothing substantial has changed, it just seems the players can't figure it out.

Hint 1: Attackers can hit #4 turret from EAST of it, near the train tracks. Looking there you will see the (smart) enemy players firing away. Shoot them.

Hint 2: Attackers can hit #1 turret from the SouthWest and often do just that. Look for them, shoot them.

Hint 3: Many capture zones require flanking support to succeed (that means friendly presence on the SIDES). 

Hint 4: Many if not all the players that need these hints will never read them.

:amazed::mellow::facepalm:

What's great is that it doesn't matter if you win or lose, all that matters is the experience you earn in that time. Make the game last as long as possible, if you can.

commander42 #49 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 05:24

Major

• Players
  • 26839 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostLpBronco, on Jun 17 2019 - 05:51, said:

I'm not very enthusiastic about changing horses midstream but I'm not running this rodeo.

Changing the game midway through the event smacks of amateurism. Feedback for the next event I understand but we've already invested a lot of time in the mode with the idea that we will continue and so what if light tanks rule the field. They certainly won't on the postage size corridor maps we generally see. Just give every class two perks and be done with it.

heavies should have had more perks to begin the season with,

But even if you abide by the leave everything the same from start to finish line of thinking, wheelies were introduced after the start and quickly engulfed the mode.  Either they had to ban wheelies(or severely limit them) or had to do other indirect nerfs to counteract the massive advantage.  (or they could have just nerfed the vehicles themselves)

commander42 #50 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 05:26

Major

• Players
  • 26839 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostTVV, on Jun 17 2019 - 16:14, said:

I have not played FL after the changes, so can't say whether the changes are good or bad - will have to play for the entire week to form an opinion. Based on the changes I expect more air and arty strikes, as there should be more overall reserves per team given the predominant med and heavy team make up. I also expect meds to be stronger - mobility is still key and now they have an extra reserve, while lights have been slightly weakened and have to make tough choices on reserves. The heavies have the reserves, but lack of mobility is still a problem.

The FL season is extremely long and changes are necessary. That being said, the most necessary change is still another map.

the most rational take in this thread.

AllieOop2 #51 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 05:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jun 17 2019 - 01:22, said:

They have lost that loving feelin and are trying to get it back but it's gone, gone, gone.  Fewer and fewer people are playing this silly mode anymore and that is due to all the problems that keep being pointed out.  I don't play enough of the mode to really even worry about it.  I might get to play an hour every day two and have not even prestiged once yet.  Personally, I don't even care either.  If I play it, I will be there only for the credit earning potential(s) and nothing else.  I already have the first 2 tanks so there is no way I will be getting any of the other 2.

Odd the wait for a match was a few seconds. Matches were filled and most of the time the only thing lacking was arty. Most of my matches were 2 a side tonight. It isn't dying BUT WG is "improving it" so I expect they will screw it up so bad it does die.

Beefy_Tanks #52 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 07:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 18539 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Okay so what I have noticed so far is that the additional reserves for Heavies have done almost nothing to effect gameplay, other than just spotting me more often, but I just move to avoid the arty shot and then I get right back into my spot to ruin their days. I have no issues with it anymore.

The Naval Gun Pillboxes have terrible view distance, and any sort of camouflage will make them as blind as they were before, even while firing. (Checked this mostly with Skorpion and SU-130PM)

I'm noticing that my queue time is EXTREMELY short, especially for arty, compared to previous episodes. Disregard my complaint about spawn times. I have no issue spawning as much as I desire if I play smart and use mostly TD's and Mediums.

My only remaining complaint was my main one at the beginning. I miss being able to spot the base when I don't have Light Tank support or recon flight by someone else because I am using Engineering instead of Recon (Because Engineering is a MUCH better choice for my class.)

So in summary, this thread has almost no application any longer. YAY! We can disregard our entire conversation!

View Postcommander42, on Jun 17 2019 - 23:24, said:

heavies should have had more perks to begin the season with,

But even if you abide by the leave everything the same from start to finish line of thinking, wheelies were introduced after the start and quickly engulfed the mode.  Either they had to ban wheelies(or severely limit them) or had to do other indirect nerfs to counteract the massive advantage.  (or they could have just nerfed the vehicles themselves)

I have yet to be annoyed about Wheelies as much as any other player I have seen complain about them. I wouldn't worry so much about them, just don't auto aim, aim higher than their wheels. I mean, I auto aim TD-moded one in an arty earlier tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/440616876

teamoldmill #53 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 15473 battles
Light tanks have entirely too much power in their guns now. They should be nerfed harder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users