• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lintsoup #1 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4719 battles
  • [MCATS] MCATS

Got a question for you all.

Does the ping rate effect where your hit boxes are when you pull back from a shot? If you have bad ping, do they linger out there a little from pulling back?

I'll take a shot, pull back and I know I am behind the wall or ridge. Visibly behind, but I constantly get tracked or hit. I mean immediately from pulling back. I check the angle and I am fully behind the building or hill side.

Curious about that. My ping in the last game jumped between 30 and 50 ms. The FPS was 40.

Brian

HorrorShow #2 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19963 battles
I don't think WoT has any method of syncing the game for players based on network latency, so yes, latency can affect a player's game. However, 30-50 ms (1/20th of a second) latency (round trip) is pretty insignificant that you probably wouldn't even notice. What I mean is that the state rendered on your screen, is almost perfectly synced to the current state on the game server, at least to the human eye.

Edited by HorrorShow, Jun 17 2019 - 02:03.

I_QQ_4_U #3 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 01:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 21820 battles
Yeah, if you're lagging you're likely not going to be where you think you are at all times. This is one reason why stupid people rage about cheaters shooting through buildings/rocks. Though at those ping rates there shouldn't be much of a problem, more than likely something was sticking out and they sniped a pixel. Could have hit the top of your turret or cupola or hit your tracks before you got into cover and since you don't immediately stop exactly where you got hit you may have kept moving until you were fully behind cover.

Pipinghot #4 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postlintsoup, on Jun 16 2019 - 19:14, said:

Does the ping rate effect where your hit boxes are when you pull back from a shot? If you have bad ping, do they linger out there a little from pulling back?

I'll take a shot, pull back and I know I am behind the wall or ridge. Visibly behind, but I constantly get tracked or hit. I mean immediately from pulling back. I check the angle and I am fully behind the building or hill side.

Curious about that. My ping in the last game jumped between 30 and 50 ms. The FPS was 40.

Sort of. Ping rate definitely does matter, but not if the difference is from 30 to 50ms. If you had a ping spike up to 250 or 500ms, that would start to create problems, but 30 to 50 ms ping is not going to cause you to get hit after you move.

A much more realistic scenario is that you're just not seeing where they're hitting you from, we're happy to help you understand what happened is you post a replay and give us the time stamp to look at. If we can help you understand what happened then we can help you avoid it in the future.

Ozium #5 Posted Jun 17 2019 - 05:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18943 battles
can always enable server reticle to compare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users