Has Anyone Found A Solution To This Bug Yet? (MacOS related)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

JEDIDIEUGH #1 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 05:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3135 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK

The strongholds tab as well as the HOF tab just don't work post 1.5.1. It hasn't really bothered me until now. Is this an issue exclusive to macOS users or not? If so, is there anything I can do to circumvent  the issue.

KatzeWolf #2 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 07:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

I have a solution, don't play on Mac :trollface:

I would suggest submitting a ticket to Wargaming.

Edited by KatzeWolf, Jun 18 2019 - 07:24.

_JohnWick_ #3 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 11:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41167 battles

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jun 18 2019 - 01:12, said:

I have a solution, don't play on Mac :trollface:

I would suggest submitting a ticket to Wargaming.

Already did that... they haven't even responded... its been 4 days

_JohnWick_ #4 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 11:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41167 battles

Only one person to ask about Mac problems.. and that is Black_Colt.

If he doesn't have an answer for this, no one does.

WaywardSaint #5 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 12:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 17747 battles

The same bug also appears in Frontline when you try to access the tier levels and combat reserves.  The icons show up but there is no text, regardless of which tab is selected.  Started after last update.  I run no mods and have reinstalled everything without success.  

Edited by WaywardSaint, Jun 18 2019 - 12:28.

AceAdmiral #6 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 13:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35186 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

same issue on my mac.  First noticed with the Store ... and then when Frontline started also had issue with no text.

Not sure if related but when they had consumables on sale last weekend (I was planning on buying a sh** load of repair kits) I couldn't see how many I was to buy and price.  Clicked on up arrow once and hit the button (that I assume means purchase).  My credit balance dropped by 3000 (even though sale price was 1500).

ISNomads #7 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 39160 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
Yup, I have the same issue when going to the Store, nothing but images displays properly, making the store unusable.

Poopship_Destroyer #8 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 02:41

Private

• Players
  • 19324 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

Anything on this yet?

black_colt #9 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 21:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostAceAdmiral, on Jun 18 2019 - 04:54, said:

same issue on my mac.  First noticed with the Store ... and then when Frontline started also had issue with no text.

Not sure if related but when they had consumables on sale last weekend (I was planning on buying a sh** load of repair kits) I couldn't see how many I was to buy and price.  Clicked on up arrow once and hit the button (that I assume means purchase).  My credit balance dropped by 3000 (even though sale price was 1500).

View PostISNomads, on Jun 19 2019 - 07:54, said:

Yup, I have the same issue when going to the Store, nothing but images displays properly, making the store unusable.

I am not experiencing those issues - are either of you running mods?

MAC_JD #10 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 03:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3502 battles

View PostAceAdmiral, on Jun 18 2019 - 13:54, said:

After downloading the Game Center and updating everything, it’s running like a champ! On my phone, I think this may be the right link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/wgc-migration/

Krapp #11 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 15:34

Private

• Players
  • 21030 battles
  • [F-A-T] F-A-T
Same issues as reported above-no text in the store or Frontline.

black_colt #12 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostKrapp, on Jul 12 2019 - 06:34, said:

Same issues as reported above-no text in the store or Frontline.

Have you tried what AceAdmiral did in their post?

Allf #13 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 23:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30027 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-
Probably mac only issue. Fortunately, never seen this before on PC.

Kilroy__WasHere #14 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 06:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18049 battles

This sounds similar to the issue that I'm having with the combat intelligence, in client store, and now an in game survey not having any text.

I already tried a full reinstall after nuking with Dstud's Studly Utility.  I suspect I need to also clear codeweaver.

See this thread:

http://forum.worldof...ors-blank-pages

black_colt #15 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 18:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostKilroy__WasHere, on Jul 12 2019 - 21:43, said:

This sounds similar to the issue that I'm having with the combat intelligence, in client store, and now an in game survey not having any text.

I already tried a full reinstall after nuking with Dstud's Studly Utility.  I suspect I need to also clear codeweaver.

See this thread:

http://forum.worldof...ors-blank-pages

The Studly Utility will find and remove all of the WoT Mac Wrapper - unless WG has changed the default locations of the files in a recent update.

I no longer run just the WoT Mac Wrapper but use the WG Game Center Wrapper [WGGCW].  I am not experiencing the issues you have reported when running the WGGCW.  Others have installed the WGGCW and the issues appear to go away.

Perhaps you should install the WGGCW and see if it corrects the issues for you.

black_colt #16 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 18:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostAllf, on Jul 12 2019 - 14:32, said:

Probably mac only issue. Fortunately, never seen this before on PC.

How is this helpful?

The point of the Forum is to provide specific answers/suggestions.

Do you have any specific answers/suggestions for macOS?

Kilroy__WasHere #17 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 01:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18049 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 13 2019 - 18:48, said:

The Studly Utility will find and remove all of the WoT Mac Wrapper - unless WG has changed the default locations of the files in a recent update.

I no longer run just the WoT Mac Wrapper but use the WG Game Center Wrapper [WGGCW].  I am not experiencing the issues you have reported when running the WGGCW.  Others have installed the WGGCW and the issues appear to go away.

Perhaps you should install the WGGCW and see if it corrects the issues for you.

Are you running the WG Game Center directly on the Mac, boot camped, or through Parallels?

The last announcement I found on the Game Center included it wasn't supporting Macs yet.  If I'm wrong, PM me a link and I'll gladly uninstall everything and start from scratch.  I've PMed dstud208 and he said he hasn't played wot of maintained the utility in several years.  I've also written to code weavers, but haven't heard back yet.

I'll take notes on what I do and post a write up if I get something that works.

black_colt #18 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostKilroy__WasHere, on Jul 13 2019 - 16:06, said:

Are you running the WG Game Center directly on the Mac, boot camped, or through Parallels?

The last announcement I found on the Game Center included it wasn't supporting Macs yet.  If I'm wrong, PM me a link and I'll gladly uninstall everything and start from scratch.  I've PMed dstud208 and he said he hasn't played wot of maintained the utility in several years.  I've also written to code weavers, but haven't heard back yet.

I'll take notes on what I do and post a write up if I get something that works.

Both using macOS and MS Windows - I do not run any emulation software on macOS.

There seems to be some confusion in regards to Boot Camp.  The Boot Camp Assistant is an app that installs MS Windows on Apple-branded hardware so that you can run MS Windows on that hardware.  There is no Boot Camp mode - you either boot into macOS or MS Windows.

As for announcing anything - not sure but you can get the WG Game Center Wrapper for macOS by going to the World of Warships site and download the WoW Mac Wrapper and then installing

If you have the WoT Mac Wrapper already installed then the WG Game Center Wrapper should ask you to import WoT.

Kilroy__WasHere #19 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 07:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18049 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 14 2019 - 18:45, said:

Both using macOS and MS Windows - I do not run any emulation software on macOS.

There seems to be some confusion in regards to Boot Camp.  The Boot Camp Assistant is an app that installs MS Windows on Apple-branded hardware so that you can run MS Windows on that hardware.  There is no Boot Camp mode - you either boot into macOS or MS Windows.

As for announcing anything - not sure but you can get the WG Game Center Wrapper for macOS by going to the World of Warships site and download the WoW Mac Wrapper and then installing

If you have the WoT Mac Wrapper already installed then the WG Game Center Wrapper should ask you to import WoT.

Sorry if I created confusion.  I included boot camp in my list because I've encountered people saying they were running something on their Mac when really they were booted into a Windows partition instead.

I have installed the WG Game Center Wrapper from the World of Warships and it has resolved the issues of the text not being displayed.

The main World of Warships game download page provided the Game Center dmg file.

https://worldofwarsh...n/content/game/

One caution for those with older systems.  When the game center was first running and setting itself up its user interface lagged a lot and also while downloading a World of Warships update.  I did crank up the update performance in the hope to get it done faster and am still waiting for it to finish.

Thanks black_colt.  This did fix my display problem.

black_colt #20 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 16:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 4127 battles

View PostKilroy__WasHere, on Jul 14 2019 - 22:42, said:

Sorry if I created confusion.  I included boot camp in my list because I've encountered people saying they were running something on their Mac when really they were booted into a Windows partition instead.

I have installed the WG Game Center Wrapper from the World of Warships and it has resolved the issues of the text not being displayed.

The main World of Warships game download page provided the Game Center dmg file.

https://worldofwarsh...n/content/game/

One caution for those with older systems.  When the game center was first running and setting itself up its user interface lagged a lot and also while downloading a World of Warships update.  I did crank up the update performance in the hope to get it done faster and am still waiting for it to finish.

Thanks black_colt.  This did fix my display problem.

No worries - glad to hear that you are back up and running.

Thanks for providing the link.

You can dedicate more resources when attempting to update - click on the [gear] in the left column of the main section - then click on the twisty next to [Updates] - select [Use all computer resources during installation] - click on [SAVE] . This is not ideal but should make the updates go faster.

Welcome - good luck and have fun in battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users