Botting and Fair Play

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

F1O1 #1 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 12:47

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

Bots, Scripts  -  they are the same regarding to fair play policy. They should be punished as severely. 

There is a difference, between a poor occupant who gets disconnected by bad internet, or storms - than a chronic bot.

l just had a front lines battle, where there were 3 bots on my team alone. 0 damage dealt, 0 exp

WG should be talking publicly about their actions and progress towards removing bots just as much as cheaters

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 12:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45179 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Unfortunately, bots are given a lot of leeway*.  Or at least that was the case with perma-banned bot Sticky-grass color-with a zero.  He got two account wipes for blatant botting only after he was mass reported.  So it took the third time of him being busted for botting to get what botters deserve.

My thoughts on botters?  Perma ban.  You don't accidentally run a bot.  It's malicious intent.

My thoughts on what happens to botters?  They paid for premium, premium tanks, and other goodies?  They are left to roam unless they rile up the playerbase with prolific botting or are one of the link-spamming fraud-bots.

TL;DR: Wargaming's policy on botting and script usage should be a zero tolerance perma-ban policy.  You don't accidentally run a bot.

*Leeway likely due to spending money on game.  Another account recently got a perma from illegal mods and after enough griping, got an account wipe instead keeping content that was paid for.

Edited by _Tsavo_, Jun 18 2019 - 13:11.

F1O1 #3 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 13:24

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

lets say WG WOT algorithms used for identifying trips towards fair play illegal modifications.

For example:  auto aim triggers. Aim reticle triggers and laser pointer. De-foliage viewer. Enemy internal skin viewer, or battlefield reload timer. 

Whatever the case, these are a concern for fair play, sure but involve WG meticulous weeding and algorithms to pick out.

lt should be easy to pick out a freaking bot. A bot does, what a bot does every other game since 2000. lt bots.

TaliBandaid #4 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 13:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 6657 battles

View PostF1O1, on Jun 18 2019 - 07:24, said:

lets say WG WOT algorithms used for identifying trips towards fair play illegal modifications.

For example:  auto aim triggers. Aim reticle triggers and laser pointer. De-foliage viewer. Enemy internal skin viewer, or battlefield reload timer. 

Whatever the case, these are a concern for fair play, sure but involve WG meticulous weeding and algorithms to pick out.

lt should be easy to pick out a freaking bot. A bot does, what a bot does every other game since 2000. lt bots.

It would be easy for them, if they made running off the game center mandatory. Now that I posted that comment, here comes the "game center slows my game and causes lag" excuses. It doesn't. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users