Lynx 6x6 v. EBR 75 FL 10 = Which is Better?

Lynx EBR 75 FL 10

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 31559 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Up until now, I've had no interest in wheeled vehicles and have felt that they should not have been introduced into the game.  Although I still lean towards that thought process, I had enough Free XP to get the Lynx with the recent discounts and have been trying it in Front Lines.  I will say that covering all that ground is a lot easier and more fun in a Lynx than in my Caernarvon AX.  Of course, by the time I bit the bullet they "nerf" lights with less slots but I approve of that move whole heartedly.

Now that I've played a few games in this thing, I'd like to know how it compares with the Tier 8 premium that I took a pass on when we had the grind.  Is it better or worse?  In which ways?  I'm looking at the in-game comparison chart and it's hard for me to determine what would be better to play.

Thanks for your time and attention.

__WarChild__

Devil__Anse #2 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
the ebr75 is the most blatant ptw tank in this game

cloudwalkr #3 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

The premium is better hands down.  It goes faster, has a 2 shot clip with the same reload as the lynx better gun, can hit for 250+ if HE pens so 400-500 dmg potential instead of what the lynx has in it's single shot.  It is more agile, goes as fast in reverse, has the better body style with wheels that eat rounds like magic.  The premium is arguably better than the tier 9 and it's at tier 8.

One of the more blatant pay2win tanks in the game imo when you compare to other tanks similar.

cloudwalkr #4 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

View PostDevil__Anse, on Jun 18 2019 - 18:21, said:

To give you some more idea of where WG and WG mods stand on this...I was told it's not pay2win because they don't (the people I spoke with) win in theirs....so not pay2win.

One of the single dumbest responses I've ever been given from a WG employee.   Just because you cant win with a CLEAR advantage doesn't mean it's not pay2win and they never responded again...lol.  My money goes to other games and has for many years now.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Jun 18 2019 - 18:25.

Goat_Rodeo #5 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
I can routinely chase down a Lynx in my EBR 75 and come out on top nicely. Conversely when I’m in my Lynx I will give EBR 75s a wide berth unless it looks like it’s being driven by a Gomer. The key in the Lynx is to have a small hill or swale to hide behind during your reload, and if you miss a shot it’ll cost you a session back in the garage. As some have said, the premium is blatantly better than its tech tree stable mate, which is a load of crap IMO. 

PotatoLegend99 #6 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles
The EBR 75 is to the Lynx what the Defender is to the IS-3 and then some. We brought EBRs to the 2v2 Steppes tournament and swept our bracket.

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 31559 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Dang it.  I was afraid y'all were going to tell me that.  

I was fundamentally against that grind and the intro of wheeled vehicles at the time. I'm still against it but If I can't beat them, I'd rather join them.

"Argh me timbers!!" :izmena:  - one of my kids would say when they were little.

Gothraul #8 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
I have to vote for the EBR because of the autoloader and everything else really as they can just wreck teams without requiring exceptional skill provided there was some luck involved. Did the marathon for it and still recovering cringe cringe.

DomoSapien #9 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:50

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14722 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:24, said:

To give you some more idea of where WG and WG mods stand on this...I was told it's not pay2win because they don't (the people I spoke with) win in theirs....so not pay2win.

One of the single dumbest responses I've ever been given from a WG employee.   Just because you cant win with a CLEAR advantage doesn't mean it's not pay2win and they never responded again...lol.  My money goes to other games and has for many years now.

I can't help but feel you're paraphrasing something I said at some point but if you are and I did, I think there was a miscommunication of some kind. Regardless, I wouldn't necessarily attribute a lack of response to someone being dumbfounded by your argument. We've got a ton of differing responsibilities and tasks to do outside of forum engagement - while forum engagement is a priority, arguing with a player back and forth about a vehicle isn't the best use of our time. 

Personally I think I did better in the lynx than I generally do in the 75 FL 10. I much prefer the slightly higher alpha on the HE shells, felt like they were more consistently doing damage than the HE shells I fire out of the 75. Like I still do damage but the chunks aren't nearly as beefy.

Overall though the 75 is better, specifically due to the slightly better gun stabilization, the chassis with front wheels that stick out past the hull and soak shots, and the flexibility of having 2 shots instead of 1.

I would disagree that it's better than the EBR 90 though. I absolutely love that thing. It's got the same chassis, same forward/reverse speed, and a better gun. Yeah no tier-8-only battles but since you're moving the whole time and spotting takes priority over firing, that just means more HP for you to farm in Assisted Damage.

Edit: also keep in mind that we are players, not just wg staffers, and our personal opinions don't always match up with the dev team's. Most of us aren't particularly remarkable at the game, either. (I can barely hit a 50% winrate after almost 15k battles and I've got an overall wn8 of like 1300)

Edited by DomoSapien, Jun 18 2019 - 18:52.

Grey_ #10 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29958 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

View PostDevil__Anse, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:21, said:

Agreed, I surprised they don't have a gold one as well.

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:24, said:

The double shot with the stupid high pen HE round is ridiculous. I've had it pen the front of my mediums and more lightly armored heavy's for full damage consistently. It's like a HESH with normalization. The non-premium Lynx 6x6 from the tech tree is just completely outclassed.

Edited by Grey_, Jun 18 2019 - 18:52.

__WarChild__ #11 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 31559 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:50, said:

I can't help but feel you're paraphrasing something I said at some point but if you are and I did, I think there was a miscommunication of some kind. Regardless, I wouldn't necessarily attribute a lack of response to someone being dumbfounded by your argument. We've got a ton of differing responsibilities and tasks to do outside of forum engagement - while forum engagement is a priority, arguing with a player back and forth about a vehicle isn't the best use of our time. 

Personally I think I did better in the lynx than I generally do in the 75 FL 10. I much prefer the slightly higher alpha on the HE shells, felt like they were more consistently doing damage than the HE shells I fire out of the 75. Like I still do damage but the chunks aren't nearly as beefy.

Overall though the 75 is better, specifically due to the slightly better gun stabilization, the chassis with front wheels that stick out past the hull and soak shots, and the flexibility of having 2 shots instead of 1.

I would disagree that it's better than the EBR 90 though. I absolutely love that thing. It's got the same chassis, same forward/reverse speed, and a better gun. Yeah no tier-8-only battles but since you're moving the whole time and spotting takes priority over firing, that just means more HP for you to farm in Assisted Damage.

Edit: also keep in mind that we are players, not just wg staffers, and our personal opinions don't always match up with the dev team's. Most of us aren't particularly remarkable at the game, either. (I can barely hit a 50% winrate after almost 15k battles and I've got an overall wn8 of like 1300)

For what it's worth, I didn't take his "WG statement" as fact but chalked it up to something similar to what you state here.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to my Questions about the Lynx:  I didn't realize that I needed to fire HE with the gun.  I usually reserve that for my Derp cannons or low health situations.  Also:

What equipment is best on the Lynx?  I currently have Vents & Optics to help the view range, but just have camo net since I wasn't sure how I needed to set it up.

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 31559 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Sorry, it double posted for some reason.  

Edited by __WarChild__, Jun 18 2019 - 19:23.

tod914 #13 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 64379 battles
Lynx is a little more user friendly.  Both lots of fun.  For myself, I do better in the Lynx.  Go for it!  Fun fun fun.  They were made for FL.

YANKEE137 #14 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 21:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Give Light Tanks back their speed. The RU-251 used to top out at 85. It was so much fun and nobody ever complained about it.

PotatoLegend99 #15 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:21, said:

Back to my Questions about the Lynx:  I didn't realize that I needed to fire HE with the gun.  I usually reserve that for my Derp cannons or low health situations.  Also:

What equipment is best on the Lynx?  I currently have Vents & Optics to help the view range, but just have camo net since I wasn't sure how I needed to set it up.

The wheelies have high HE penetration and alpha values, especially starting with the 2nd gun on the Lynx. They're a menace to lights, meds, arty, etc.

Vents and Optics are a must. For the 3rd it's your choice between rammer and stabilizer.

Goat_Rodeo #16 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 04:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 18 2019 - 18:21, said:

I didn't realize that I needed to fire HE with the gun.  I usually reserve that for my Derp cannons or low health situations. 

If you come across any tier 8 scout, other than those GD LT 432 mini T-100s, spam the HE. It will siphon off around 1/3 of their HP, and deliver multiple crew and module damage to boot. The HE also works when touching heavy and medium bums on the move...dim the lights, let them know you care. 

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Jun 19 2019 - 04:13.

MiddleAgedNoob #17 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 14:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17630 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Jun 18 2019 - 22:12, said:

If you come across any tier 8 scout, other than those GD LT 432 mini T-100s, spam the HE. It will siphon off around 1/3 of their HP, and deliver multiple crew and module damage to boot. The HE also works when touching heavy and medium bums on the move...dim the lights, let them know you care. 

The Lynx can pen the rear of a T95 with HE if it hits square.

GLHF

Vulcan_Spectre #18 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 15:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4292 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
ive heard this from my brother who has both "the EBR 75 is better for pubs, its easier to get away with stuff, but the lynx truely shines in frontlines" 

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #19 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 16:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7382 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB
Nah, the only time a Lynx may have a chance, in a one on one, is if it catches the EBR at a beginning of magazine load and gets couple shots first. It's arguably better against mediums and heavies, but, there are better tanks for that anyway; so.. meh? Frontline is really premiumline tbh, except for arty, arty is honest and playing techtree in FL.

Edited by Lucid_Nonsense_1, Jun 19 2019 - 16:25.

Pupsrus13 #20 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 16:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6553 battles

You guys are going about this under the assumption that the 90mm cannon is the best one for the Lynx. It isn't. It's just required research for the EBR 90. (or so it feels, anyway...)

Use the 75mm cannon. While the accuracy isn't the same as on the EBR (due to the stabilization benefits of the FL 10 turret, maybe?) it IS the same gun and your overall dispersion on the move will be much better.

Basically, the comparison is this: Lynx does SUSTAINED fire, EBR does BURST fire. It's like comparing the 13 105 to any of the other tier 10 lights.

Plus, the Lynx has an added benefit- you can unlock the EBR 90 through it.

Edited by Pupsrus13, Jun 19 2019 - 16:29.

Also tagged with Lynx, EBR 75 FL 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users