• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Mfezi #1 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27723 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

Posted Image

My first hours play today and a total waste of my dwindling reserves!

If this was just a one-off I wouldn't be posting, but a 20% win rate in my first hour of play is a regular occurrence and I would be interested to know if this happens to others. If it doesn't then don't bother to respond

Fortunately, I'm not time restricted so I can play on and usually l claw back my usual win rate and sometimes more. If you only have an hour or two to play and this is what you frequently get, then you are on a road to nowhere in this game unless WG makes an effort and balances the teams.

They won't do this unless we send them a clear message making our feelings known. So I urge you NOT to quit, but to tell WG that you are unhappy with this aspect of their game and respectfully request that they review the whole issue of team balance!.... :)

LateralusTOOL #2 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30240 battles
  • [T0OL] T0OL
Carry harder

QuicksilverJPR #3 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 27743 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

Looks like it's more your issue than the actual game...

H0D0R_ #4 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 17199 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes those can become winning or losing streaks.

Just try to understand what you could have done better to help out and just focus on yourself to better your play.

WhineMaker #5 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Did you forget to visit Serb's tent again last night? :facepalm:

Tonight, wear something sheer and sexy. Don't forget to bring plenty of party favors and Serb will grant you the 50% win package the next morning... :great:

Spoiler

Thanx for so kind and being on the red team. I couldn't have done the premium daily missions without your help... :harp:

Gothraul #6 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 2355 battles
Re-roll on EU and you will likely start getting better results without much change to your own game play.

Goat_Rodeo #7 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

If you’re in a scout and your team straight up craps the bed in the first 90 seconds, play for damage. Screw the “team”...

There is nothing you can do to improve the player base except improve yourself. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from that mantra of playing for damage, it is that’s where carries come from quite often. 

If a player looks to be good and needs a hand I’ll risk it, but otherwise if some Gomer in their tier 8 premium heavy parks sideways in an intersection and starts blazing away while spamming SOS, they’re on their own. 

Mfezi #8 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 18:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27723 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Jun 18 2019 - 19:45, said:

If you’re in a scout and your team straight up craps the bed in the first 90 seconds, play for damage. Screw the “team”...

There is nothing you can do to improve the player base except improve yourself. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from that mantra of playing for damage, it is that’s where carries come from quite often. 

If a player looks to be good and needs a hand I’ll risk it, but otherwise if some Gomer in their tier 8 premium heavy parks sideways in an intersection and starts blazing away while spamming SOS, they’re on their own. 

I tend to be a bit vocal in chat when I see good players 'hiding', but generally one can't blame the team when XVM clearly shows that they are outmatched!....

Hellsfog #9 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 37661 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 12:53, said:

I tend to be a bit vocal in chat when I see good players 'hiding', but generally one can't blame the team when XVM clearly shows that they are outmatched!....

You shouldn't be calling anyone out for anything. If I was a crapas you, I'd be more worried about own game. Honestly, there is enough wrong with your play to keep you busy. Also, you should recognize your lack of any significant contribution and why that causes XVM win chance to show what it shows. 

Everyone has bad streaks but you seem to make a cult out of making up excuses for yours. 

Mazati #10 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5504 battles

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 17:30, said:

http://i68.tinypic.com/qn5vyd.jpg

If this was just a one-off I wouldn't be posting, but a 20% win rate in my first hour of play is a regular occurrence and I would be interested to know if this happens to others. If it doesn't then don't bother to respond

Fortunately, I'm not time restricted so I can play on and usually l claw back my usual win rate and sometimes more. If you only have an hour or two to play and this is what you frequently get, then you are on a road to nowhere in this game unless WG makes an effort and balances the teams.

They won't do this unless we send them a clear message making our feelings known. So I urge you NOT to quit, but to tell WG that you are unhappy with this aspect of their game and respectfully request that they review the whole issue of team balance!.... :)

There is no "fix" for your stats but what you do period - WG cant make a change that will make your games better and even if they could would that mean YOU would be a better player, because WG made a change? of course not - I have a suggestion to at least curb some of your frustration - Take a break don't just spam battle after battle - stop playing if you lose 2 or 3 times in a row

da_Rock002 #11 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 8968 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jun 18 2019 - 13:16, said:

Also, you should recognize your lack of any significant contribution and why that causes XVM win chance to show what it shows.

…. you seem to make a cult out of making up excuses for yours.

Actually, XVM does not show his contribution.   It shows everyone's potential contribution.   You don't seem to realize a very simple fact.   Win chance is worked up BEFORE the battle.

As for the win chance XVM works up, it is the result of the app counting up all 15 allies versus all 15 enemy.   It's done before those 30 players contribute what they wind up contributing.

You seem to give fairly ignorant advice.    

Mfezi #12 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27723 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

View PostHellsfog, on Jun 18 2019 - 20:16, said:

You shouldn't be calling anyone out for anything. If I was a crapas you, I'd be more worried about own game. Honestly, there is enough wrong with your play to keep you busy. Also, you should recognize your lack of any significant contribution and why that causes XVM win chance to show what it shows. 

Everyone has bad streaks but you seem to make a cult out of making up excuses for yours. 

If you had an ounce of sense in your head, you would not be trying attribute these losses to me, but I would not expect anything else from you!.... :)

deathman254 #13 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20171 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 17:30, said:

Posted Image

From what I was seeing, I don't know the assist numbers, but judging by damage and closeness of the match, light tanks are not really your thing. They tend to be a very high risk high reward type class. But judging from some of those damage numbers there were more matches where you were caught out of position than there were where you were in position. I dont believe that activating your booster had anything to do with that win rate, more of the lack of luck getting into positions and probably some bad light tank play (dont know assist to confirm nor deny that).

BlackFive #14 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 18:30, said:

Posted Image

Team balance?  Get WG to 'do something?'  Not gonna happen.

Teams isn't the issue.  With all due respect; it's you.  Way back when, it was hard for me to hear this when people told me the same thing; so please don't take this as an insult, but rather an honest attempt to help you.

Compare the stats below - taken from Noobmeter's "Last 500 games" Compare tool:

.compare performance.jpg

I'm averaging twice your damage, three times your kills, twice your survival rate and have a positive K/D ratio

If you want to improve your Win Rate; to go from 47% to 57%... you just have to fix what you are doing... not expect that the "Miracle" of SBMM (or something) will magically do that for you.

You are suffering losses... because you are not doing enough to win.  Not in damage, kills, or even simply survival.

. Simplest fix?  Survive more and keep your gun in the game longer.

Hellsfog #15 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 37661 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postda_Rock002, on Jun 18 2019 - 13:37, said:

Actually, XVM does not show his contribution.   It shows everyone's potential contribution.   You don't seem to realize a very simple fact.   Win chance is worked up BEFORE the battle.

As for the win chance XVM works up, it is the result of the app counting up all 15 allies versus all 15 enemy.   It's done before those 30 players contribute what they wind up contributing.

You seem to give fairly ignorant advice.    

You've never been good at reading comprehension.  XVM win chance, which the OP loves to refer, is low for him because of his complete inability to play above bot level. So saying that your team doesn't have a chance because of XVM win chance, without acknowledging that your own habitually [edited]play is dragging it down, is self-delusion.  Your second point appears to be that since XVM win chance doesn't reflect the performance in the actual battle, it isn't predictive of an outcome. If that is really your point, then why is OP even discussing it.  

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 13:40, said:

If you had an ounce of sense in your head, you would not be trying attribute these losses to me, but I would not expect anything else from you!.... :)

Why is it that you are unable to recognize that your failure to contribute in any meaningful way is one of the reasons you lose as much as you do. Do you really believe that I win more games by chance or that Hodor wins more than me because he's even more lucky? You've taken dumb to a whole new level. 

Peak_Bagger #16 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 20:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19158 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostBlackFive, on Jun 18 2019 - 19:54, said:

Team balance?  Get WG to 'do something?'  Not gonna happen.

Teams isn't the issue.  With all due respect; it's you.  Way back when, it was hard for me to hear this when people told me the same thing; so please don't take this as an insult, but rather an honest attempt to help you.

Compare the stats below - taken from Noobmeter's "Last 500 games" Compare tool:

.compare performance.jpg

I'm averaging twice your damage, three times your kills, twice your survival rate and have a positive K/D ratio

If you want to improve your Win Rate; to go from 47% to 57%... you just have to fix what you are doing... not expect that the "Miracle" of SBMM (or something) will magically do that for you.

You are suffering losses... because you are not doing enough to win.  Not in damage, kills, or even simply survival.

. Simplest fix?  Survive more and keep your gun in the game longer.

This advice is spot-on, and very politely put. My advice would be even simpler. If Mfezi wants to have a bigger impact on games and win more, he should be playing in lower tiers. Tiers 8+ are not where he excels, so he's really just banging his head on the wall against very good players, then regularly starting complaint threads about it. Tiers 5-7 are much more forgiving of bad play and a better place to learn.

AverageWannabe #17 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 20:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6425 battles

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 15:40, said:

dude.... he is in VILIN lol!! .... not sure who's the one here without any sense in his head :facepalm:

The losses are a 100% on you. PERIOD.

Here you can see the recent win rate of Hellsfog:

https://wotlabs.net/na/player/hellsfog

But you are probably going to say that the game is rigged in his favor and that yada yada yada yada yada....

You LITERALLY don't make any sense in ANY of your posts.

Edited by VonStaufen, Jun 18 2019 - 20:15.

ArmorStorm #18 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 36844 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:30, said:

Posted Image

So, if we don't happen to agree with your "it's not MY fault" [edited]you don't want to hear from us?  Pretty weak-minded there aren't you?  As far as an earlier response to another poster by you, YES...especially when playing light tanks at higher tiers YOU are the one most responsible for providing vision control and spotting to help your team win.  Vision control WINS matches at this level, more than perhaps any other factor.  If you don't know how to scout, watch some videos and learn it or else you are dooming your team to failure.  

ArmorStorm #19 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 36844 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMfezi, on Jun 18 2019 - 11:53, said:

Maybe you need to learn patience.  I am often killed by guys who outwaited me, and they are generally higher rated players.  Conserving HP early in the game is crucial to being alive at the end of the game.  

Mfezi #20 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 20:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27723 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

View PostArmorStorm, on Jun 18 2019 - 21:16, said:

Maybe you need to learn patience.  I am often killed by guys who outwaited me, and they are generally higher rated players.  Conserving HP early in the game is crucial to being alive at the end of the game.  

It's usually called camping!.... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users