July Event and Future Seasons

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Future Seasons (80 members have cast votes)

For the next Clan Wars season, would you rather see

1. "CW 1.0" Style (49 votes [61.25%])

Percentage of vote: 61.25%

2. New CW features (31 votes [38.75%])

Percentage of vote: 38.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

1984BigBrother #21 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 13:13

Competitive Gaming Manager

• Administrator
  • 16662 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

I have made my decision and NA will be pushing forward with the new features. I made this decision after reading through the comments and talking with a lot of players that played 1.0. The main reason I made this decision is without chips it would not be like 1.0, I don't think anything we implemented would have the same feel as the original map. I would like to take some time to talk about a few of the other things brought up in this thread:

Simplicity - I sort of agree with all of you, I think there should be a very simple way for clans that will have a hard time getting on the map to perform in actions that 1. affect the map 2. earn them gold, we have been working out how to make this a possibility and the best luck we have had is with the convoy system. For the top clans, I can almost guarantee the with new development the map will be more complex (or at least have that perception). We have more developers working on CW then ever before (which I think is a great thing) we are going to try a lot of new things compared to the previous 5 years some will be more successful than others.

The Alliance Mechanic -  Some of you may not like to hear this, but the Alliance Mechanic has been a wild success in my eyes. The first part of my conference was about numbers before and after Alliances. We found that this mechanic not only increases the number of clans that played on the map but also increased the number of clans that earned at least 10,000 and 25,000 gold throughout the season, it also drastically increased the number of battles that happened on the server during the season. I am really trying this season without the mechanic to see if we lose those gains or if there are other factors that play into this.

Reward Tanks - Reward tanks only have and only will be available during campaigns. I don't know where the confusion is coming from but this is how it will always work. 

The time between seasons - This is a very hot topic for me. I totally agree there should be clan activities other than strongholds available during the whole year. Currently, we are basically planning all of our big activities around other events that are happening on the server which will continue but we are looking at the possibility of reopening the "Training Map" (it would basically be another front) in Antarctica, this would be open 365 (minus freezes days for patches) and would "replace" the 0 gold provinces we tried last season. This is basically a small step toward the goal of having CW available all year.

As always I really appreciate the all of your time and I look forward to delivering you all a better system in the future.

GL HF,

Big

Edited by 1984BigBrother, Jun 23 2019 - 13:25.

boomftx #22 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 14:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23394 battles
  • [RS] RS

I think the alliance mechanic is bad. It may "increase the number of clans that played and that earned 10k gold,"but that is because you can take any clan dead, alive, good, bad, ghost, alts, whatever and make them a minor. Once they are a minor they can hit LZs and delegate fights, thus getting on the map and earning gold. Once on the map they can push divisions out and delegate attacks. It's easy enough to pull divisions on defenses to avoid the noshow penalties and just ride the gold earnings train as long as possible then rinse and repeat. A couple seasons ago a ghost clan rule was initiated and then we got the alliance mechanic which basically promoted ghost clan use. As far as increase in battles go, I'd like to know the statistics of how many legit battles there were. There were several alliances both seasons, but the majority of said alliances were divisions of a large alliance. This means covering each others convoys, landings, and land. That translates to many thrown battles, and that's not even counting land trades. I've been on both sides of a large alliance and I can say that both sides of the fence sucked when it comes to the big picture of enjoying clan wars and what clan wars used to be.

Everything is diplo'd out. All the rankings for the seasonal and political (especially) can be controlled. There was some glimmer last season when youjo actually fought other top clans, but the majority of clans were allied and the season was short, so what was really accomplished in progressing CW? nothing.

Banana summed up what CW should be. It sucks having clan wars turned into another grind. Everything in this game is a constant grind now. We have a lot of events for the entire population which is great, but for CW clans we don't need more stuff to grind on top of the pub stuff. It's a challenge to keep people avoiding the pub grinds for events going on to dedicate an entire evening to CW. It's a challenge to have to keep motivated officers to log in every day and manage the map or spend hours diplo'ing in teamspeak or conversing on discord. There are too many features and rules. Save that stuff for campaigns. Campaigns are meant to be a grind. They are meant to break status quo. Right now what is the difference between campaigns and seasons? a reward tank. 

The global map and cw should be set up to where it is open for the majority of the year. If "Seasonal" play is a must then make it 4+ months or something. Make CW about fighting and holding land, not completing missions or hitting a spot in the leaderboard. For a seasonal reward just allow the top 16 into the playoff tourney and give the bond rewards at that point. You can cut out the end of season gold rewards and use that for province income. Cut out missions and use that gold toward the main map provinces while also funding a separate front that has much less income for new or "small" clans.  Let it serve as a training grounds and an intro into CW like Antactica used to be. When the "Season" is long clans can implement their own breaks and downtimes. Short seasons make clans feel like they have to play the entire season so they can get their missions or whatever done. Then the season ends and we sit for months waiting to hear what's next for the server like canceled ranked battles.

Keep the riot system in some fashion. Put landings mostly on the outside of the map. Keep some kind of division limits or province cap or something. Bring back encounter battles. Keep no show penalties. Then just let things play out. Seasons don't offer enough time for anything to develop and the alliance mechanic shuts down any chance of something real developing. The global map used to be the place where clans proved themselves and fought each other for gold and bragging rights. Now the global map is a place where clans go to try to fight as little as they can and diplo out as much gold as they can. There are no real wars. There are not real rivalries. Clans "dislike" each other for a season which is a span of 4-6 weeks and then everything is good. With landing zones everywhere any time stuff starts going down hill ppl just pull off the map and reland. With CW 1 you had to fight your way inland and once you got there you cut out a spot and defended it.

YANKEE137 #23 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 13585 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

bad_73 #24 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1493 battles
Typical wg nonsense...1 st thing I see is a poll and in 1st sentence I see he has already made up his mind..too silly not to comment on but so typical of wg.Best course of action in this game to not give a ... about anything..cus if you care then you just end up with warnings and such.

HeavyMetalSix #25 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 01:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54441 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Jun 19 2019 - 07:42, said:

I'd be interested in seeing the return of CW 1.0, I'm just concerned with the relatively small size of the competitive population of NA Clans that it may not provide the same kind of experience that made it so enticing in the first place.

Nonetheless, I'd say it's definitely worth a try and might make CW a lot more interesting than it currently is.

Listen to this guy, I mean anyone who "earned" a t-22 medium has an opinion that is worth its wt in gold.

Stevenwt #26 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 10:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6202 battles

You know if your not  serb, stop Imitating him .Your doing a lousy job of it.

__Happy #27 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 12:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12015 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

View Post1984BigBrother, on Jun 23 2019 - 13:13, said:

Tankers,

I have made my decision and NA will be pushing forward with the new features. I made this decision after reading through the comments and talking with a lot of players that played 1.0. The main reason I made this decision is without chips it would not be like 1.0, I don't think anything we implemented would have the same feel as the original map. I would like to take some time to talk about a few of the other things brought up in this thread:

Pretty sure you had made "your decision" before you even made this thread. By your decision, you mean the decision you were given. Same way you made the decision not to have Ranked Battles...

The Alliance Mechanic -  Some of you may not like to hear this, but the Alliance Mechanic has been a wild success in my eyes. The first part of my conference was about numbers before and after Alliances. We found that this mechanic not only increases the number of clans that played on the map but also increased the number of clans that earned at least 10,000 and 25,000 gold throughout the season, it also drastically increased the number of battles that happened on the server during the season. I am really trying this season without the mechanic to see if we lose those gains or if there are other factors that play into this.

Funny thing about "numbers" is you can make them say what you want and you can make them look even better when you bulk them up with charts and graphs. There are NOT more clans participating, there are a ton of ghost/sub/dead clans being used by the same players. Everyone knows this, but you pretend not to notice and we pretend to believe you.

Disperse you rabble! Nothing to see here, move along.....

vinnybagadonuts #28 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 08:16

Captain

• Players
  • 30255 battles

it just seems like far more emphasis is placed on the minutiae surrounding/organizing the battles and the map, than the actual battles themselves.  with such a steep learning curve, its no surprise that participation has fallen off.

Its just painful to see callers/officers be ground into the dirt that they literally require time off after a campaign...these are supposed to be a fun escape from reality...not a 2nd job.

Edited by vinnybagadonuts, Jun 25 2019 - 08:18.

PanicShots #29 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 15:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 42737 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

^^^ THIS

Edited by PanicShots, Jun 28 2019 - 15:23.

PrrplPplEater #30 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 06:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 16274 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

For the players, the alliance system might be ok but for those doing diplo or working the map it SUCKS. If there is another season with alliances as they are currently I will not be taking part in it in an admin capacity. I just do not have the time nor do I want to be a slave to my computer for 8 hours a day. With giant alliance conglomerates the person doing chips or diplo has to be ready at all times to react to changes of plans, enemy movements etc etc and be in sync with every other clan in the conglomerate in a Discord channel with tons of people typing. Some but definitely not all "rank and file" members (I use that term not in a negative way, I respect all clan members) just show up for games and don't know how much time is invested to make things work smoothly. For them, the alliance system is fine as it places no extra work on them.

I know I am far from the only one here who does chips/diplo that shares my sentiment. It is far too much work and a chore. Sure, some of it can be delegated to other officers but 1 extra link in the command chain can lead to potential errors. If you ask another XO to attack "X" at 3pm, that attack on "X" at 3pm might be called off 5 minutes after it was asked for.

BigB....I appreciate all you do man. I really do. If you must continue this alliance stuff though at least make it less of a chore. That or we are all meeting up for drinks and the tab is all yours buddy :P 

_xDsmote___FakeNews #31 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 07:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14859 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Post1984BigBrother, on Jun 19 2019 - 01:13, said:

"1.0 CW" Style - One of the most common requests I get is to return the Global to the 1.0 style. We could try a "copy" of this with a few main changes:

• If you are not familiar with 1.0 the main difference would be all provinces are Landing Zones and will not provide gold, you would get gold based on Victory Points earned on the Global map.

The other information I will provide you is APAC tried the "1.0" Style in the last season and it was not popular on their server, they actually scratched the plan after the first week and returned to a more similar system that we ran.

I don't know where on earth you're getting this "all provinces are landing zones and will not provide gold" nonsense from -- 1.0 was basically the literal exact opposite of that. 1.0 had lots of provinces with gold per province all over the place. And, yes, that 1.0 style would not be popular as tried on APAC because THAT'S NOT WHAT 1.0 WAS AT ALL.

View Post1984BigBrother, on Jun 23 2019 - 06:13, said:

The main reason I made this decision is without chips it would not be like 1.0, I don't think anything we implemented would have the same feel as the original map.

I just do not understand why so many people like to make it out to be that anything resembling 1.0 is impossible on the current setup. IT IS! 

All you have to do is three things:

1. More provinces.
  2. More cumulative map gold.
  3. Keep the 15-minute offsets across half the provinces.

This is NOT rocket science. I really don't understand why we need ten billion polls and ten billion discussion threads for something that has such a straightforward philosophical fix. 

Bag_of_Cox #32 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 14:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55222 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostGeisterKatze, on Jun 19 2019 - 05:08, said:

When Ru, EU, and NA all fought on the same map it was great.  WG killed it when they split us up.  I gave up on CW when "The Great Clan Rush" of the first NA on "North America" map turned into a debacle.  

We have always been separated.  Clans never did fight across server clusters (NA/EU/RU/SEA).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users