• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 32449 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Well, I've managed to reach Level 20 in this latest FL episode - that's when the painful grind begins and anything Captain or less is just a waste of time.  Takes me 2 days to get 2/3 done. Will take me 5 days to get the last 1/3 done...

When I reach the end, I'll have more than enough to get the Emil 1951 which I plan to do.  However, I just want to make certain that I will have enough for the Golden Ticket, i.e. the mystery Tier IX tank.  Based upon what I remember people discussing previously and my own glance at the math, I should have just enough for the Emil & the Tier IX - assuming that I make it to the end.  Just to be clear:

1) If I purchase the Emil 1951 when I have enough points, will I will still be able to get the Tier IX as well?

also

2) What is that extra little caveat at the end that's in addition to points?

As always, I sincerely appreciate your input.

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

NightmareMk9 #2 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 35245 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

ez_money #3 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 20:31

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles

Yes, if you Prestige all 10 times, you get just enough points to get the Emil and the secret tank. WG set it up so that with the max prestige points, you can only acquire two tanks at most, but it is enough for those two. Sadly, I will be lucky to Prestige 6 or 7 times the whole season (yeah...I suck). Luckily the only tank i am really interested in is the STA-2.

Also, all of the information on Prestige points, rewards, and award tanks is in-game when you click on your FL emblem in the garage (but i am sure you already knew that).

Playz4Free #4 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 20:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1683 battles

1. Yes you can get the emil and the mystery prize

2. If there are left over points (you won't have any) they will be able to be turned in for gold or bonds at the end IIRC

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 20:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 32449 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Thank you all for responding so promptly.  Right now, I have 11 points.  Once I prestige this time, I'll get the 1,500 Bonds and 3 points more for a total of 14.  I only need 12 for the Emil, so I'll buy that and have 2 left over.  That 2 +3 +4 +6 = 15 Final Points (assuming I make it).  It says "Prestige X and 15 Points" - that just means I have to hit Prestige at the end, right?

dnaman #6 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 21:05

Captain

• Players
  • 32296 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
You’ve got to max it out and then you’ll also have enough.  I’m hoping I’ll make it but I’m worried a little as I’ve been playing like crap recently....  general used to be fairly frequent and it’s been more elusive recently.

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 21:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 32449 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postdnaman, on Jun 19 2019 - 14:05, said:

You’ve got to max it out and then you’ll also have enough.  I’m hoping I’ll make it but I’m worried a little as I’ve been playing like crap recently....  general used to be fairly frequent and it’s been more elusive recently.

Man, I don't know what's going on with me but I've only gotten General once this go round and previously I got general 90% of the time.  Maybe it's because i'm trying to figure out the Lynx and I keep dying...

:facepalm:

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 19 2019 - 17:14, said:

i'm trying to figure out the Lynx and I keep dying...

I am grinding the Lynx using Frontlines in order to unlock the tier 9 wheelie.  I agree that it is not that easy to do really well with.  I am not making General as often this episode either and it could be the 6x6 holding me back, not sure... but I am at tier 26 of prestige 7 already.

If you Prestige 10 times you will be able to get the 2 top tanks.

I'm not getting any tanks, but plan to take all gold and bonds instead.

coconut2011 #9 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 21:43

Captain

• Players
  • 63184 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 19 2019 - 12:32, said:

I am grinding the Lynx using Frontlines in order to unlock the tier 9 wheelie.  I agree that it is not that easy to do really well with.  I am not making General as often this episode either and it could be the 6x6 holding me back, not sure... but I am at tier 26 of prestige 7 already.

Lights got nerfed hard in this FL.  Sure 3 reserves was excessive and OP for lights, but with just 1 reserve it got over tuned.  IMO, it should get 2 reserves like meds.  I had better luck driving heavies and mediums in this FL.

__WarChild__ #10 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 23:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 32449 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I didn't really realize we can get Gold & Bonds at the end of this.  That sort of changes my view on things because I'm a BOND FREAK!  I want bonds all the time because I love putting IE on my favorite tanks.

What kind of Gold & Bonds we talking about here?

Kramah313 #11 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 23:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4791 battles
I seem to recall something about gold and bonds being available only if you can’t afford one of the tanks. Which will probably be me, as I haven’t even prestiged once yet. 

Atragon #12 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 11:58

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 19 2019 - 15:14, said:

Man, I don't know what's going on with me but I've only gotten General once this go round and previously I got general 90% of the time.  Maybe it's because i'm trying to figure out the Lynx and I keep dying...

Well the meta keeps  changing. The  Chrysler adds one more tank you'll waste ammo on trying to kill frontally if you have no option to flank.

Atragon #13 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 11:59

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 19 2019 - 17:10, said:

I didn't really realize we can get Gold & Bonds at the end of this.  That sort of changes my view on things because I'm a BOND FREAK!  I want bonds all the time because I love putting IE on my favorite tanks.

What kind of Gold & Bonds we talking about here?

Its only a small amount though as they mentioned. Keep plugging away at those captain ranks.

Atragon #14 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:01

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 19 2019 - 15:32, said:

If you have points to get a tank, you'll have to use them on a tank before getting to use any points for gold bond to stop your itching and scratching.

Son__Of__Anarchy #15 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 29055 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 19 2019 - 20:49, said:

Thank you all for responding so promptly.  Right now, I have 11 points.  Once I prestige this time, I'll get the 1,500 Bonds and 3 points more for a total of 14.  I only need 12 for the Emil, so I'll buy that and have 2 left over.  That 2 +3 +4 +6 = 15 Final Points (assuming I make it).  It says "Prestige X and 15 Points" - that just means I have to hit Prestige at the end, right?

yes, you MUST hit prestige X or you are not able to get the secret tier IX tank even if you have the 15 points needed for it..

Son__Of__Anarchy #16 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 29055 battles

View PostPlayz4Free, on Jun 19 2019 - 20:33, said:

1. Yes you can get the emil and the mystery prize

2. If there are left over points (you won't have any) they will be able to be turned in for gold or bonds at the end IIRC

yeap, thats what i am gonna be doing actually..

since i am not interrested on the Emil, i will just pay the 15 points required for the secret tank, and my remaining 12 points will trade for bonds.. (as long as they pay enough bonds per point of course..)

Atragon #17 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 13:19

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Jun 20 2019 - 06:19, said:

yeap, thats what i am gonna be doing actually..

since i am not interrested on the Emil, i will just pay the 15 points required for the secret tank, and my remaining 12 points will trade for bonds.. (as long as they pay enough bonds per point of course..)

You'll have to buy another tank I think. If you can afford another tank, I think you will have to buy another and only use points that are not enough to buy a tank for gold and bonds.

kapri25 #18 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 14:16

Captain

• Players
  • 19730 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
Congrats on getting through it _WarChild_. Cleared it myself late last night...probably a day in total of game play spread though two days. First day was amazing but the start of yesterday was a beginning of a nightmare. Wasn't the grind for me that was the problem...the lack of "assistance" really slowed it down as I found myself suddenly by myself and getting shot from multiple directions. Hell if I can do it then I know you (among others) can as well. Patience is the biggest factor as I had to walk away a couple of times. But I got it...seriously not wanting to do this next year. Invested to much into this year to quit now but I don't think I will purposely look to do it all over again next year.

Addicted2Trance #19 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 17:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50074 battles
  • [-EDM-] -EDM-

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 19 2019 - 21:22, said:

Howdy Tankers,

Well, I've managed to reach Level 20 in this latest FL episode - that's when the painful grind begins and anything Captain or less is just a waste of time.  Takes me 2 days to get 2/3 done. Will take me 5 days to get the last 1/3 done...

When I reach the end, I'll have more than enough to get the Emil 1951 which I plan to do.  However, I just want to make certain that I will have enough for the Golden Ticket, i.e. the mystery Tier IX tank.  Based upon what I remember people discussing previously and my own glance at the math, I should have just enough for the Emil & the Tier IX - assuming that I make it to the end.  Just to be clear:

1) If I purchase the Emil 1951 when I have enough points, will I will still be able to get the Tier IX as well?

also

2) What is that extra little caveat at the end that's in addition to points?

As always, I sincerely appreciate your input.

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

I was gonna ask the same question. 

1) As far as i understand it, you definitely can. I'll also reach Prestige 7 this weekend.

According the rules and regulations, it's possible to reach Prestige 10 in September. That'll leave you with two more episodes to get more points should you decide to spend prestige points on the Emil. However, even if you have 15 points you have to reach Prestige 10 to acquire the tier 9 tank. Wait, that's not right. You WILL be able to get both tanks in September cause you'll have 27 prestige points in total even if you spend 12 on the Emil.

Well, that's a relief. I don't have to enslave myself to the game after September :B

It depends on your decision. Get the tier 9 by September or get the Emil this episode and wait till November to get the tier 9 (assuming you collected all possible points).

For me personally, i'll get the Emil tomorrow since i'm not too excited about the tier 9 and almost confident i will have enough points in November to get the tier 9.

2) I think this option is only available to those who couldn't make it (or didn't choose the more expensive options) and settled for the first two tanks but still have few more prestige points left over. Cause the way they describe it, if you decide to take both the Emil and the tier 9 you won't have enough spare points because of the limit on prestige points every episode (episode number + 2).

Good luck out there to everyone.

oh link to the rules and regulations

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/frontline-episode-1-regulations/

Edited by Addicted2Trance, Jun 20 2019 - 17:59.

gpc_4 #20 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 18:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 43505 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

They really, really need to announce this tier IX.

FL is an insane grind, I want the EMIL so I'll certainly get that done but holding this "mystery" tier IX in front of us with no further info is getting ridiculous. How long do they expect us to work towards a tank we might not like or want?

Also tagged with Front Lines, Frontlines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users