wheeled vehicles Game Balancing Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Fractured_Raptor #21 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 06:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24282 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
There's no way their tires could block any shell, period. Same goes for their " armor ". Remove that and they're balanced. 

F1O1 #22 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 09:50

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 20 2019 - 05:23, said:

Remove that and they're balanced. 

mmmmm,  no. 

Auto aim assist needs to be removed.

Gun dispersion stats and aim-time, need to resemble other light tanks. Not object 140.

The vehicles need to be able to receive immobilizing hits. The vehicles need to be able to fall onto their side, and stay there. And over-turn and timeout

Their high Pen HE needs to be removed, to normal caliber pen

These things have lots more problems, than just their tires. 

leeuniverse #23 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 10:17

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Block Quote

Wheeled vehicles are way OP, Esp. EBR

I really wish people would stop blaming the wrong target as the problem.

The EBR's are fine as they are, save one thing, they do too many no-damage critical hits, that should change.

The actual problem with EBR's aren't EBR's.... They all all the OTHER TANKS of the game.

- Bad Round Speeds

- Bad Gun Performance

- Bad Tank Speeds

You all forget that Lights used to almost be like the EBR's, doing almost the same exact things as the EBR's.  You weren't complaining about Lights then.

Thus, the problem is all the speed and gun nerfs to all tanks since The Great Physics Nerf to the game.

Complain about that instead...

Also, the auto-aim feature should be the default auto-aim system of the game.

jeb2 #24 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50380 battles
  • [HU] HU
LTs could always be immobilized by track damage.

_Brew_ #25 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:36

Major

• Players
  • 24021 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Any tank in the hands of a good player will be good.

Any tank in the hands of a bad player will be bad.

I have had matches where I did great in my EBR and matches where I've been two shot without getting a shot off.  There are more variables involved than just the vehicle.

RacWisco #26 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74463 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
These posts are like that movie groundhog day.

LpBronco #27 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44046 battles
  • [TG] TG
Accuracy on the move is ludicrous and not having a way to immobilize the vehicles is the most unbelievable thing I've seen Wargaming do ( if you discount that the vehicles right themselves if they flip). I'm OK that they are yet another form of AFV offered but they have to play by the same rules as everyone else if you want to make them truly part of the same game.

F1O1 #28 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 12:45

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View Postleeuniverse, on Jun 20 2019 - 09:17, said:

You all forget that Lights used to almost be like the EBR's, doing almost the same exact things as the EBR's.  You weren't complaining about Lights then.

Thus, the problem is all the speed and gun nerfs to all tanks since The Great Physics Nerf to the game.

Complain about that instead...

Also, the auto-aim feature should be the default auto-aim system of the game.

Except light tanks can be tracked and immobilized

Except light tanks can flip over and die by time out, or rest on their sides permanently 50% disabled

Except light tanks don't have object 140 gun stats by tier 7, and most do not have those HE rounds, nor auto-aim

Except light tanks don't have turbo, nor are their once thought too fast speeds adjusted newly to current physics

Armoured cars are broken. There is no way around it, no hiding it.

Object 268 V 4 was broken too. So was Type 5. So was over-buffed Maus. What about 1.5 and arty? See a pattern here?

WG maybe slow in what they do and process, but l am sure armoured cars maybe on the agenda soon.

coldjet1 #29 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 15:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 26716 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
If im running the T49 I dont even bother engaging one. If I hit my HE faces the armor value lowering my damage where the EBR does full damage with there HE plus reloads faster with much better accuracy. At best I hit them for 400 were I take 500 a hit from them. But what it really comes down to is the EBR line is nothing more then an armored pick-up truck. HE of any caliber should be doing full damage on these and AP should never bounce unless extreme angled hits.

jeb2 #30 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 15:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50380 battles
  • [HU] HU

Another problem that I have asserted on the Forum before is that the maps pre-date wheelies.

That is, the distances between forces, the location of Spawn Points, etc did not consider the speed of wheelies.

On many maps, wheelies can reach spotting sight range before slower tanks can exit the immediate spawn point, before many tanks can load (esp arty and auto-loaders), and even before some players with sub-optimal connections can even load into the battle.

I consider this aspect of wheelies to have broken many maps as currently drawn.

Edited by jeb2, Jun 20 2019 - 15:36.

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #31 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 15:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 26225 battles
what I'm really concerned about is WG actually listening to the player base on these and checking statistics?  I thought they said they wouldn't release them if they had to much negative feedback and thats all it seems  there is when it comes to them. I personally hate them and just try to ignore them and not deal with them unless I have to.

gwkucera #32 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 17:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 35678 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View Postgpc_4, on Jun 20 2019 - 02:34, said:

I disagree.

They are generally played very poorly and require an experienced player with a good crew to excel.

This is actually a point of agreement with my OP.  I am pointing out the upside potential on these vehicles is way, way higher than any other in most situations.  Very often, a game starts with 2-3 tanks being destroyed (sometimes arty too) by the spotting these can do and still get out.  w
In addition, slower vehicles are put at a far worse advantage because of it.

QuicksilverJPR #33 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 17:24

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

The title of this worthless thread should be "Much Ado About Nothing".

I'm telling you right now, there are far more REALLY BAD wheeled light tank players than there are good ones.  You only notice the good ones because they're good.  You utterly fail to notice the other 2/3rds that do literally nothing for the team...

It's called confirmation bias...and you're loaded with it.

ArcticTankHunter #34 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 17:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16638 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 20 2019 - 06:23, said:

There's no way their tires could block any shell, period. Same goes for their " armor ". Remove that and they're balanced. 

Tires aren't just blocking shots. The body of the tank bounces every freaking rounds including 257mm of pen on an angle like when you shoot Obj 907. That should not be happening period. It should be over matching like Armoured warfare or Warthunder. Point to the wheel where some parts of the armour still exist. It freaking says absorbed.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jun 20 2019 - 17:43.

MajorRenegade #35 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 18:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View Poststryker105mm, on Jun 19 2019 - 22:32, said:

this was about the ebrs not the e50m read the title 

sarcasm.exe not found. Please reboot

LpBronco #36 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 22:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44046 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Postcoldjet1, on Jun 20 2019 - 09:07, said:

If im running the T49 I dont even bother engaging one. If I hit my HE faces the armor value lowering my damage where the EBR does full damage with there HE plus reloads faster with much better accuracy. At best I hit them for 400 were I take 500 a hit from them. But what it really comes down to is the EBR line is nothing more then an armored pick-up truck. HE of any caliber should be doing full damage on these and AP should never bounce unless extreme angled hits.

^^^ This

gwkucera #37 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 05:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 35678 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 20 2019 - 17:24, said:

The title of this worthless thread should be "Much Ado About Nothing".

I'm telling you right now, there are far more REALLY BAD wheeled light tank players than there are good ones.  You only notice the good ones because they're good.  You utterly fail to notice the other 2/3rds that do literally nothing for the team...

It's called confirmation bias...and you're loaded with it.

I think you need to understand confirmation bias means before you use it in a sentence, but let's not digress.
I am well aware of the fact their insane OPness is rarely exploited effectively.  That is not my point.  My point is that when it is exploited, i.e, a good player is driving it, that good player is way better than he would be in any other tank of the same tier.  In other words, the tank is about 3/4 of a tier OP.   Furthermore, as others have pointed out, these things totally change the game balancing so that slower tanks (slow traverse, turrret traverse and movement, are all relatively worse than they were before these things appeared.  

ARCNA442 #38 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 05:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14987 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD

I would say that they aren't OP, but they are borderline game breaking and continue to push gameplay in a bad direction.

Their raw speed and maneuverability shifts the game much more towards a competition of speed and coordination rather than one of strategy and mechanics. I've seen them just drive around in the open at mid to long ranges for minutes on end, dodging every shot fired at them. With a bit of luck and skill this can even happen at short ranges, allowing wheeled tanks to survive what what would have been suiciscouting in any other vehicle and vastly increasing the vulnerability of second-line tanks.

Further, their speed and high pen HE rounds are basically a hard counter to every other light tank in the game - they can get to the spotting positions long before you, run you down with ease, and straight up out trade you with their higher alpha. This just continues to marginalize what was already arguably the least useful class in the game.

Of course this is all "balanced" since they are fairly useless against heavy tanks or in city maps, further reinforcing the point blank brawling meta.

Teuen101 #39 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 05:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33418 battles
  • [JOUST] JOUST
LOL crying about a scout tank...LOL anyone recalls the argo the T-50-2 got back in the day? LOL some things never change!!!

Prosqtor #40 Posted Jun 21 2019 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 64508 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

Sadly, not when "I" drive them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users