spg arty

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

WeeeWhat #1 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 38128 battles
  • [JAV] JAV
I can't be the only player that would like to see SPG's added to the lines that don't have arty.  I'd really like to see more lines with Premium arty, and a premium arty added to the American line.  Am I the only one? 

NutrientibusMeaGallus #2 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
 That sound isn't crickets.... It's the sound of a million jimmies rustling, and then falling silent....

Sturm_Teufel #3 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 48386 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostWeeeWhat, on Jun 22 2019 - 09:01, said:

I can't be the only player that would like to see SPG's added to the lines that don't have arty.  I'd really like to see more lines with Premium arty, and a premium arty added to the American line.  Am I the only one? 

Yes. Yes, YOU are the ONLY one.

WhineMaker #4 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 38330 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Jun 22 2019 - 09:07, said:

That sound isn't crickets.... It's the sound of a million jimmies rustling, and then falling silent....

Those jimmies will never go silent... :P

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Jun 22 2019 - 09:16, said:

Yes. Yes, YOU are the ONLY one.

You just keep telling yourself that...

...or do like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz and click the heels of your red slippers three times... 

nuclearguy931 #5 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 82094 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostWeeeWhat, on Jun 22 2019 - 12:01, said:

There's a lot of players that would like to see more arty added to the game. The Chinese line, or even the Japanese, should have them. The addition of tier 8 premium is also something that we've been asking for.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #6 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:29

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 22 2019 - 12:21, said:

Was meant to be a sort of star wars reference.....   

Personally play arty but don't really like it.. Mostly play it just to grind up those lines... But like (forget who said it in the meantime) if they add arty it should be added to nations that don't already have it before adding more to nations that do....

vyle02 #7 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32177 battles
  • [BRT] BRT
WG has stated that they will never release another arty line because its to toxic to the player base, they won't remove the existing ones but adding more to the game and welcoming that level of contempt among the player base is bad business, this is also why they won't release prem arty, and why arty missions aren't part of the monthly tasks, give no encouragement for them to be played. Another reason they won't do prem arty is because you can't nerf them and they still haven't figured out what to do with them or how to change/balance them 

nuclearguy931 #8 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 82094 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postvyle02, on Jun 22 2019 - 12:32, said:

WG has stated that they will never release another arty line because its to toxic to the player base, they won't remove the existing ones but adding more to the game and welcoming that level of contempt among the player base is bad business, this is also why they won't release prem arty, and why arty missions aren't part of the monthly tasks, give no encouragement for them to be played. Another reason they won't do prem arty is because you can't nerf them and they still haven't figured out what to do with them or how to change/balance them 

Please post a link to where they stated 'the will never release another arty line' as I have never seen that posted on their official forums.

With the options that are left, there really isn't much more that can be added to the trees, possibly an international tree, South American, or even an Israeli (Mid-East) line. Aside from the possibility of adding more wheelies, having arty for the next 2 biggest national trees, China and Japan, there isn't much more to choose from.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 31436 battles

The real issue is that the only real armor lines that have SPGs already have them.  Most other nations with AFVs DO NOT have SPGs.  They have Missile Launchers and TOW systems, because they never had SPGs.  If they do have SPGs, they will be variants of some other nation that sold them to that nation.

Japan has ONE real SPG pre 1970.  There are actually three, but two of them are really intended to be Tank Destroyers and are thus, really TDs, not SPGs, even if they are fitted with artillery howitzers.

China has NONE.

Italy has NONE.

The Czech Republic has NONE

Polish Republic has NONE

Sweden has Wheeled Systems (all post 1972)

I think you can see the real issue with SPGs as lines.  Unless we are willing to go post 1972, there are no more arty lines in nations of merit and certainly not in the lines we currently have.  Most nations still rely on towed arty for infantry support and major offensives.  The Nations in our lists now either used towed or wheeled systems and most of those are MRL systems (Multiple Rocket Launchers) more akin to the Nebelwerfer of Germany or the Katyusha of Russia, both from WWII.

As far as tracked vehicles to make an arty line?  It's all already here.

That's the real reason no more arty has been introduced.  It's not there to be introduced, not even on paper napkins at the base of someone's briefcase notes.

OvO

dunniteowl #10 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 18:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 31436 battles

View Postvyle02, on Jun 22 2019 - 11:32, said:

Total BS on this.  Never saw ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLENT of this sort of statement -- ever.   And I looked.

Citation please.  Otherwise this is another 'false revision' of reality to make one's position seem more solid.  Without something more than your recollection as a basis, I'm leaning to calling, as I said, TOTAL BS on this.

See my other post that makes much more sense with regard to why arty lines are not increasing within the scope of this game.

OvO

Bavor #11 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 34065 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 22 2019 - 12:48, said:

The real issue is that the only real armor lines that have SPGs already have them.  Most other nations with AFVs DO NOT have SPGs.  They have Missile Launchers and TOW systems, because they never had SPGs.  If they do have SPGs, they will be variants of some other nation that sold them to that nation.

Japan has ONE real SPG pre 1970.  There are actually three, but two of them are really intended to be Tank Destroyers and are thus, really TDs, not SPGs, even if they are fitted with artillery howitzers.

China has NONE.

Italy has NONE.

The Czech Republic has NONE

Polish Republic has NONE

Sweden has Wheeled Systems (all post 1972)

I think you can see the real issue with SPGs as lines.  Unless we are willing to go post 1972, there are no more arty lines in nations of merit and certainly not in the lines we currently have.  Most nations still rely on towed arty for infantry support and major offensives.  The Nations in our lists now either used towed or wheeled systems and most of those are MRL systems (Multiple Rocket Launchers) more akin to the Nebelwerfer of Germany or the Katyusha of Russia, both from WWII.

That hasn't prevented Wargaming from making up a completely fake and not based in reality at all vehicle before.  

"This vehicle never existed in formal or informal plans or even a cocktail napkin drawing and was never produced or even talked about, but a *random nation* engineering student sneezed into a handkerchief and it looked like this so we turned it into a tank to add to the *random nation* line"

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 72631 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

They know they're toxic, they don't care.   Hell re: them being toxic - working as intended per their own words.

Unless things change I don't feel they'll add any, but not out of toxicity concerns.  Not even "too toxic" concerns they do at least admit is a concern.  Their main reason for not adding anymore arty lines or even pieces is over concern for keeping their arty cap viable.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/601364-devs-reblance-info-mod-blocking-arty-maps-fl-xvm-and-much-more/page__fromsearch__1

ARTY

We aren’t going to remove stun mechanics altogether. It would lower its damage per battle, while also increasing damage per shot. Having it with stun in-game keeps players from grouping into packs and being inactive. It forces them to spread, change positions. Essentially, it makes the overall experience livelier due to its psychologically discouraging effect, stun and damage. That’s how it fulfils its design purpose. It needs to be toxic, the question is “how toxic is too toxic.” That’s what we’re working on atm. Instead of removing stun, we’re working on improving it. The 3-step stun revision plan has been revealed already and will soon get tested

No, we won’t reduce the number of SPGs per battle. Statistically, 10% of battles are played without arty at all, around 30% have one SPG, another 30% with two SPGs, and another 30%– with three SPGs. Let’s say we limit SPGs to two per battle, then there will be zero battles with no arty, around 10% with one artillery and the rest with two artillery. It would be worse than what we have right now: an average of less than 2 artillery per battle.

nuclearguy931 #13 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 82094 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jun 22 2019 - 13:33, said:

They know they're toxic, they don't care.   Hell re: them being toxic - working as intended per their own words.

Unless things change I don't feel they'll add any, but not out of toxicity concerns.  Not even "too toxic" concerns they do at least admit is a concern.  Their main reason for not adding anymore arty lines or even pieces is over concern for keeping their arty cap viable.

You do realize that what you pointed out in your grab from Wargaming is them stating they have no plans to 'reduce' arty cap limits or arty in battle. Nowhere does it say they won't increase arty in the game.

LeaveIT2Beaver #14 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 20:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 37372 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Yes. You are indeed the only one. 

Tiberius58_1 #15 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 20:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1683 battles
no at least two

heavymetal1967 #16 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 72631 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 22 2019 - 14:40, said:

You do realize that what you pointed out in your grab from Wargaming is them stating they have no plans to 'reduce' arty cap limits or arty in battle. Nowhere does it say they won't increase arty in the game.

Good point I should've elaborated. 

The point I was making is they don't want the current formula messed with in either direction unless they feel they know what the results would be and they're results they want.  Lowering the cap would skew the formula in a direction they don't want.  The rest is opinion of course.  Mine being, adding arty wouldn't necessarily do this, but adding more arty lines would likely add more arty numbers into the queue causing arty queue times to be too long.  If so, then one of the easiest and more logical fixes (I know WG and logic in the same breath...) would be to raise the cap.  Something I don't think they don't want to even consider.

I think this is the main reason we no longer see arty on track missions as well as the fact arty is also excluded from the play your class right missions.   I really don't think it's because of toxicity concerns, but because a fatter arty queue would mean the possibility that three arty per game would occur more often and two, one and zero less often.

And keep in mind their optimum cap seems to be three for whatever reason(s).  Back before the cap was introduced they tested a cap of three.  Arty population at the time wouldn't allow it to be viable because of queue time issues so they settled for a cap of five.  But even that took some additional changes.  Recently they finally realized a cap of three.   One more reason I don't think we'll see more arty lines introduced - cap concerns.

I think if they felt they could introduce them or even a prem arty without their cap or arty per match "formula" being negatively affected they'd release them and count the money.  Hell they've put the Lef up in loot boxes and the black market.  They sure as hell wasn't worried about toxicity when they did this, but had they felt it would've endangered their formula or cap in my opinion those cash cows would've stayed in the pen.

Edit:  All the above is opinion of course.  Even if they have said no more arty (per the earlier posters I don't recall seeing they have), this is the same crew that said what about the Mutant, E-25, pre-order Pz V/IV, so on and so forth. 

Edited by heavymetal1967, Jun 22 2019 - 20:47.

Sturm_Teufel #17 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 48386 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostWhineMaker, on Jun 22 2019 - 09:21, said:

You just keep telling yourself that...

...or do like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz and click the heels of your red slippers three times... 

First, my jimmies are noisy because I hang cowbell from them.:D

Spoiler

Second, instead of red slippers, how about some red boots?

:P;)

The_War_Master_2019 #18 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 21:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1909 battles
  • [GTO] GTO
No

Cheshil #19 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 21:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14669 battles
As much as i hate artillery, i wouldn't be opposed to owning a premium tier 8 artillery. Obviously though, artillery is changing every year because it isn't a balanced/intended class as it is now and they can't change premium tanks. Tier 8 premium artillery comes only when the community is happy about tier 6-10 artillery balance. Which i personally don't see that happening any time soon.

Vava_das_SPGs #20 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 01:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 25744 battles
Yes! New line of SPGs!
Join the Dark Side of the Force!

Also tagged with spg, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users