• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

JRingo20 #21 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 23:47

Major

• Players
  • 31530 battles

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Jun 22 2019 - 11:16, said:

Yes. Yes, YOU are the ONLY one.

No, he's not. I'd come back for new SPG's. Twice as fast for PREMIUM SPG's.

JRingo20 #22 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 31530 battles

View Postvyle02, on Jun 22 2019 - 11:32, said:

WG has stated that they will never release another arty line because its to toxic to the player base, they won't remove the existing ones but adding more to the game and welcoming that level of contempt among the player base is bad business, this is also why they won't release prem arty, and why arty missions aren't part of the monthly tasks, give no encouragement for them to be played. Another reason they won't do prem arty is because you can't nerf them and they still haven't figured out what to do with them or how to change/balance them

But they are leaving a huge pile of cash on the table by not introducing a premium SPG in a new line. The six players that would quit because of a new SPG line would be offset by all the players that would come back. They also said they would not re-release the Type 59, but guess what. When you don't have the coin to buy hookers and dope, you'll sell anything.

RunDownBlaster #23 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 02:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10226 battles

The problem with artillery is that it's the only vehicle type remotely suited to dealing with itself before a line is broken, and yet that's awkward to actually do because you don't often get people calling shots on your side, and even when they do it's difficult to figure out where exactly that shot came from, and even that information isn't exceedingly useful most of the time because there tends to be the sense to not sit still after a shot.

What they need to do to "fix" the SPG class is to make it more capable of dealing with itself. Try to nudge the flow of the battle from "SPGs are constantly harassing everybody but other SPGs" to "SPGs will get sacked very quickly if they don't deal with their counterparts on the enemy team.". It'd even give the infamous leaf blower an indirect nerf because its godawful splash makes it lousy for counter-battery against anything that moves even five feet after a shot and the T92 HMC could, depending on the execution, get an indirect buff by having the largest splash of the X SPGs. Make counter-battery easier, and it should level itself off, at least a bit.

Tedsc #24 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 05:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41984 battles
As long as they cap it to one SPG per team you can add all the lines you want!

Sturm_Teufel #25 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 06:03

Major

• Players
  • 47459 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostJRingo20, on Jun 23 2019 - 14:47, said:

No, he's not. I'd come back for new SPG's. Twice as fast for PREMIUM SPG's.

No way man! You wouldn't come for new SPG's or premium SPG's, you only THINK you would man! Because that's what THE MAN want's you to think man! Don't think what THE MAN wants you to think man! 'Cuz then your doing just what THE MAN wants you to do man! Don't DO what THE MAN wants you to do man! Don't trust THE MAN man!:hiding:

BadCorps #26 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 12:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10992 battles
  • [4PLDG] 4PLDG
SWEDISH SPG

thelegionnaire1 #27 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 13:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4275 battles
  • [-ABD-] -ABD-

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 22 2019 - 18:48, said:

The real issue is that the only real armor lines that have SPGs already have them.  Most other nations with AFVs DO NOT have SPGs.  They have Missile Launchers and TOW systems, because they never had SPGs.  If they do have SPGs, they will be variants of some other nation that sold them to that nation.

Japan has ONE real SPG pre 1970.  There are actually three, but two of them are really intended to be Tank Destroyers and are thus, really TDs, not SPGs, even if they are fitted with artillery howitzers.

China has NONE.

Italy has NONE.

The Czech Republic has NONE

Polish Republic has NONE

Sweden has Wheeled Systems (all post 1972)

I think you can see the real issue with SPGs as lines.  Unless we are willing to go post 1972, there are no more arty lines in nations of merit and certainly not in the lines we currently have.  Most nations still rely on towed arty for infantry support and major offensives.  The Nations in our lists now either used towed or wheeled systems and most of those are MRL systems (Multiple Rocket Launchers) more akin to the Nebelwerfer of Germany or the Katyusha of Russia, both from WWII.

As far as tracked vehicles to make an arty line?  It's all already here.

That's the real reason no more arty has been introduced.  It's not there to be introduced, not even on paper napkins at the base of someone's briefcase notes.

OvO

I dont disagree with you but i would like to just say.... yea a lot of conterys didnt have and spg but at the same time i dont think i ever remember the allies having to fight against a type 5. Just saying wargaming has made up tanks before not that the should make up a bunch of spgs but there is precedent of them just making fake tanks.

Edited by thelegionnaire1, Jun 24 2019 - 13:23.

Ram_Tough #28 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 14:05

Private

• Players
  • 27378 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN
I can't be the only player that would like to see SPG's added to the lines that don't have arty.  I'd really like to see more lines with Premium arty, and a premium arty added to the American line.  Am I the only one? 

No you are not the only one.  I would like to see ALL SPG lines get the same consideration that the other classes get.  How about taking Arty that never left the drawing board, rigging some half @$$ed performance stats for it and just throwing it into the game....you know, like the Chinese TDs (the FT at the end of the name stands for Fantasy Tank) and some of the super heavies that barely reached the design stage.  Oh, wait....it's Arty we're talking about.  Some "super unicum", mega streamer might get their tender little feelings hurt.

SquishySupreme #29 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 02:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3014 battles
All the hull-down camping in the back Heavy tears...

Also, one way to possibly enhance the counter-artillery aspect of the game is that artillery (ALONE) should see the grid light up in a different than spam-in-chat color highlighting to show that arty fired from that sector.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Jun 25 2019 - 02:04.

WhineMaker #30 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 37248 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jun 24 2019 - 17:00, said:

All the hull-down camping in the back Heavy tears...

Also, one way to possibly enhance the counter-artillery aspect of the game is that artillery (ALONE) should see the grid light up in a different than spam-in-chat color highlighting to show that arty fired from that sector.

After the kiddo ragers get hit once, all the raging pings spamming the map location, isn't enough?

Rather than CB, I find it much more productive to take damage off the map. The amount of xp earned is ZERO for taking no shots while waiting to possibly see a tracer. Or worse, taking a shot that misses completely... :B

If someone needs arty players to CB, maybe that armchair general should be in arty doing the CB themselves... :P

RickEdwards #31 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28294 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI
What would this really add to the game? Its not like artillery play provides a great deal of playstyle; we already have fast reload low damage (261), medium reload medium damage (G.W.), long reload high damage (T92), High shell arc (CGC), and autoloader (Bat). Like, there's really not much to add; it would end up being effectively the same as one already in the game.

SquishySupreme #32 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 06:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3014 battles

If the arty has an option to see other arty or figure out where they are firing from, they just MIGHT concentrate less on the incredibly vocal and butthurt 2D mindset payers.

Probably not, though. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 36623 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostWeeeWhat, on Jun 23 2019 - 00:01, said:

I can't be the only player that would like to see SPG's added to the lines that don't have arty.  I'd really like to see more lines with Premium arty, and a premium arty added to the American line.  Am I the only one? 

I don't play much arty, about 5-7% of 36k of my battles are in arty, but I realize how important it is to the game and the challenge and fun it adds to the game.  Either they should add more lines or just sell some tier 8 prem arty.  Too many games without arty leads to dull, predictable sessions.

WhineMaker #34 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 37248 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSquishySupreme, on Jun 25 2019 - 21:45, said:

If the arty has an option to see other arty or figure out where they are firing from, they just MIGHT concentrate less on the incredibly vocal and butthurt 2D mindset payers.

Probably not, though. 

If I CB'd all day, I'd miss out on all of the quality rage posting on the forums... :arta:

Not gonna happen... :P

Vava_das_SPGs #35 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 20:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 25256 battles

View PostBadCorps, on Jun 24 2019 - 08:55, said:

SWEDISH SPG

Sweeeeeedish BandKanon!!!

Vava_das_SPGs #36 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 20:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 25256 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 22 2019 - 14:48, said:

The real issue is that the only real armor lines that have SPGs already have them.  Most other nations with AFVs DO NOT have SPGs.  They have Missile Launchers and TOW systems, because they never had SPGs.  If they do have SPGs, they will be variants of some other nation that sold them to that nation.

Japan has ONE real SPG pre 1970.  There are actually three, but two of them are really intended to be Tank Destroyers and are thus, really TDs, not SPGs, even if they are fitted with artillery howitzers.

China has NONE.

Italy has NONE.

The Czech Republic has NONE

Polish Republic has NONE

Sweden has Wheeled Systems (all post 1972)

I think you can see the real issue with SPGs as lines.  Unless we are willing to go post 1972, there are no more arty lines in nations of merit and certainly not in the lines we currently have.  Most nations still rely on towed arty for infantry support and major offensives.  The Nations in our lists now either used towed or wheeled systems and most of those are MRL systems (Multiple Rocket Launchers) more akin to the Nebelwerfer of Germany or the Katyusha of Russia, both from WWII.

As far as tracked vehicles to make an arty line?  It's all already here.

That's the real reason no more arty has been introduced.  It's not there to be introduced, not even on paper napkins at the base of someone's briefcase notes.

OvO

I had to search it, but I've found it.
Japanese TD and SPGs tech tree proposal: http://forum.worldof...#entry11352816 

JRingo20 #37 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 31530 battles

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Jun 23 2019 - 23:03, said:

No way man! You wouldn't come for new SPG's or premium SPG's, you only THINK you would man! Because that's what THE MAN want's you to think man! Don't think what THE MAN wants you to think man! 'Cuz then your doing just what THE MAN wants you to do man! Don't DO what THE MAN wants you to do man! Don't trust THE MAN man!:hiding:

Oddball?

Sturm_Teufel #38 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 03:55

Major

• Players
  • 47459 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostJRingo20, on Jun 27 2019 - 13:50, said:

Oddball?

Enough of them negative waves man!;)

SquishySupreme #39 Posted Jun 29 2019 - 06:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3014 battles
Q: Why not have a jeep or similar vehicle tow in an artillery piece for other nations?  Most nations use them because they are cheap, tiny, and quick to relocate.

BadCorps #40 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 04:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10992 battles
  • [4PLDG] 4PLDG

I'd like to see more. But never a tier VIII premium arty.

SWEDISH SPGS!

Also tagged with spg, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users