• -Players-
  • 9737 battles
you are not the only one. i'd like to see more arty added as well

FunPolice_ #42 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 30662 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
WG knows SPGs don't really accomplish what they want the class to do in public random battles.  Works fine in CW but doesn't translate to pubs.  You can tell how obviously they consider this a bleh mechanic themselves with the following logic exercise;

WG LOVES money: True
WG is more than willing to sacrifice game balance to make money: True (Overpowered tier 10s/prem 8's introduced to capitalize on people free xping to get it.  10s eventually get nerfed, prem 8s just stay better than tech tree mostly)
WG has not released a tier 8 premium SPG ever, or a new tier 10arty line in ages: True
There are people who would pay money for a tier 8 premium SPG, or to free xp a new tier 10: True

EZ WG knows the class doesn't really work well in pubs and despite working/changing/revamping the class multiple times it continues to be contentious.

Further evidence- SPG not included in 'Playing your tank class right' missions.  No SPG rewards from CW/mission campaigns (yeah no TD or light from CW either but t10 lights are the newest class and there is TDs from mission campaigns).

grandthefttankV #43 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 05:13

Major

• Players
  • 35621 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostWeeeWhat, on Jun 22 2019 - 17:01, said:

I can't be the only player that would like to see SPG's added to the lines that don't have arty.  I'd really like to see more lines with Premium arty, and a premium arty added to the American line.  Am I the only one? 

No you are not. The truly enlightened and most sophisticated players in WOT also want a more refined class of arty to suit our upper class tastes.

GatoRat #44 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 06:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59209 battles

Japan actually had several SPGs; the Ho-Ni had some SPG variants. There was the Ha-To and the Ha-Ro.

Italy had several SPGs in WW2.

The French has a 194mm monster from 1917. Some were used in WW2 by the French and captured ones by the Germans.They also had a 280mm SPG which lasted from 1919 to 1945 (again, the Germans captured and used some.)

Sweden had a line of SPGs starting in WW2.

Addicted2Trance #45 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 19:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49744 battles
  • [-EDM-] -EDM-
A new line of arty vehicles and/or premium arty would be the day i delete my 50k battle account.

64sherman #46 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26691 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
Should fix the arty that's already in the game before they add more.  

64sherman #47 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 01:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26691 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View PostGatoRat, on Jul 14 2019 - 23:50, said:

Japan actually had several SPGs; the Ho-Ni had some SPG variants. There was the Ha-To and the Ha-Ro.

Italy had several SPGs in WW2.

The French has a 194mm monster from 1917. Some were used in WW2 by the French and captured ones by the Germans.They also had a 280mm SPG which lasted from 1919 to 1945 (again, the Germans captured and used some.)

Sweden had a line of SPGs starting in WW2.

Ha-To is a mortar and would be almost impoossible to balance.  

You are thinking of the "Ho-Ro", and it was used for direct fire.  

Also, Ho-Ni is a designation for casemated chi-ha based tank destroyers, none of which were artillery.  

The Japanese do not have anything even remotely resembling enough arty to make even half a tech tree.  

dunniteowl #48 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 10:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 30738 battles

View Post64sherman, on Jul 18 2019 - 18:50, said:

Ha-To is a mortar and would be almost impoossible to balance.  

You are thinking of the "Ho-Ro", and it was used for direct fire.  

Also, Ho-Ni is a designation for casemated chi-ha based tank destroyers, none of which were artillery.  

The Japanese do not have anything even remotely resembling enough arty to make even half a tech tree.  

I pointed this out in my first response.  Folks seem to ignore it for some reason.

That said, I gave it some thought and, due to WGs nature, there's no reason that other nations without SPGs can't have them as 'purchased' or 'lend lease' units from other nations -- or captured units that are repurposed with that nation's guns?

I can't vouch for any historical accuracy, but then, WG doesn't seem to care all that much either, so...  maybe so.

OvO

GatoRat #49 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59209 battles

If we are being pendants, quite a few tanks in this game a pure fiction. More applicable is that assault guns are in a weird territory since some were actually designed as self-propelled artillery and could be used that way. There are also some TDs which were designed as SPGs.

RE: The Ho-Ro. Not convinced it was used only in direct fire capacity by design (versus necessity.)

RE: Mortars. Other tanks in the game were designed as mortars and repurposed. Not convinced Ho-Ro was one (even if it was used that way.) It had a 150mm howitzer (though, tbh, it reads like a pile of junk.)

Finally, the tier progression in this game is sometimes artificial. That aside, what if there were either only a partial line or the line skipped slots or were brief side-lines.

pepe_trueno #50 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 41596 battles

View PostGatoRat, on Jul 19 2019 - 23:48, said:

If we are being pendants, quite a few tanks in this game a pure fiction. More applicable is that assault guns are in a weird territory since some were actually designed as self-propelled artillery and could be used that way. There are also some TDs which were designed as SPGs.

RE: The Ho-Ro. Not convinced it was used only in direct fire capacity by design (versus necessity.)

RE: Mortars. Other tanks in the game were designed as mortars and repurposed. Not convinced Ho-Ro was one (even if it was used that way.) It had a 150mm howitzer (though, tbh, it reads like a pile of junk.)

Finally, the tier progression in this game is sometimes artificial. That aside, what if there were either only a partial line or the line skipped slots or were brief side-lines.

give or take a few concesions british could get a t10 mortar  line branching from crusaders sp based on valentine mortars that could go all the way to 9.7 inch (247mm) and churchil 290mm mortar, before people panic caliber does not equal damage, this shells where big but didnt pack much explosives so they are basicaly big vertions of the bishop with larger splash.

since we are with the arty debacle who was in change of french artys rebalance? i dont have many french tanks to choose from to get the missions so i bought the t9 arty i had unlocked and god that thing is bad, rolling 2xx dmg on medium tanks when any other t9 arty will get over 400, ROF advantage is none existant, flat ark with all the problems that imply including bad accuracy due to elongated reticle and harder time hitting enemys behind cover, best part is that stat wise the m53/55 stock gun is on par if not better than the elite gun of the 155 55  :facepalm: 

Also tagged with spg, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users