My problem with Premium rounds.

Premium Rounds Gold Rounds

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KatzeWolf #1 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 21:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

You can say "Well you can fire them back" and you'd be right. But it's still not exactly fair.

What is the point of a Heavy Tank firing premium rounds at a lightly armoured Medium Tank that is firing them?

In this case, only the MT is getting an advantage from premium rounds, the HT can pen them anyway with AP.

And don't use the excuse "APCR shells travel faster", it's not that hard to hit a tank with AP, a lot of the time they are only poking.
And a lot of heavy get HEAT.

Hence why I think the proposed change to "Special Rounds" is a step in the right direction, while not perfect.

Fractured_Raptor #2 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 21:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24577 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Premium rounds do nothing but make armor irrelevant, which ruins the point in driving heavies to begin with. Or good armor. WarGaming created this problem in some regard, the rest of it is player laziness. It says a lot when a destroyer with almost 300MM of penetration can't pen the so called weak spot on a Type 5 when said spot isn't angled at all. If you're not forced to fire them to compete with broken armor/tanks people are throwing them with the excuse of minimizing RNG. 

KatzeWolf #3 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 21:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

I 100% agree, Premium Rounds are the only reason I no longer play my E-100.

People just load the gold and shoot the turret cheeks.

Fractured_Raptor #4 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 22:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24577 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jun 22 2019 - 15:56, said:

I 100% agree, Premium Rounds are the only reason I no longer play my E-100.

People just load the gold and shoot the turret cheeks.

The bar running across atop the turret is pretty weak. I've penned it with standard on numerous occasions. There's the the very edge of the turret face point too. Penetrating there is hit and miss but it can be done. 

bad_73 #5 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 22:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1513 battles
With long reload times,peeps dont have time to choose between prem round or not expecting to fight heavys but a lesser tank shows up.But the game would be more honest without premium rounds which defeat armor angling which is supposed to be a thing.If you want to pick on peeps ,then how about the nerds spamming gold in there E3's and such.These wargaming loves cus they got to buy credits to afford their spam.Remember how they sucked you peeps in with the change to credits from gold...Didnt change a thing cept you bought credits instead of gold.Snaked you guys again...lol..But greedy WG will never let their cheat ammo go much like their  sponsoring of cheat mods.So keep paying for pay to cheat courtesy of wg.

KatzeWolf #6 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 23 2019 - 07:00, said:

The bar running across atop the turret is pretty weak. I've penned it with standard on numerous occasions. There's the the very edge of the turret face point too. Penetrating there is hit and miss but it can be done. 

Yeah same, you can also bounce a shot off the side skirt into the bottom of their turret when they are side scraping while looking at you.
But no one bothers and just presses 2...

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 22:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 32387 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
I use whatever I need to in order to kill the enemy.  Most of the time, that's #2 which isn't gold for me, but extra credits.  I'm not lazy, and I take my time aiming, but I don't want to have to shoot more than once at a target if I don't have to.  As long as it's in the game, I'll use it - but if they removed it, like if they removed arty & wheeled vehicles, I'd approve.

Insanefriend #8 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 46189 battles

View Postbad_73, on Jun 22 2019 - 15:00, said:

With long reload times,peeps dont have time to choose between prem round or not expecting to fight heavys but a lesser tank shows up.But the game would be more honest without premium rounds which defeat armor angling which is supposed to be a thing.If you want to pick on peeps ,then how about the nerds spamming gold in there E3's and such.These wargaming loves cus they got to buy credits to afford their spam.Remember how they sucked you peeps in with the change to credits from gold...Didnt change a thing cept you bought credits instead of gold.Snaked you guys again...lol..But greedy WG will never let their cheat ammo go much like their  sponsoring of cheat mods.So keep paying for pay to cheat courtesy of wg.

Pretty sure you don't need to buy credits to spam premium rounds.  Some tanks like the t110e4 can just spam away all day and make credits assuming you pen your shots and have premium time.

I'd like the see the premium rounds changed to alternate ammo type for choice of what to shoot.  A good example of this is the cent 7/1 with premium hesh rounds.  The rounds have a lower base pen then the standard apcr rounds the tank gets.  Yes they have higher damage, but you still need to pen to do more per shot.  So you can make the choice to shoot them vs normal apcr rounds depending on the target same way you can choose to shoot HE rounds at lightly armored tanks.  Almost no one uses the premium hesh round on the cent 7/1 though since the pen drop make them pretty weak vs armored targets and hesh isn't as reliable as apcr rounds.

I'd like to see they drop the cost to be on par with normal rounds, but drop fix the part that makes them auto pen.  Things like the premium apcr should have higher shell velocity but lower pen at close range.  So you can use the faster ammo to hit weak armored fast movers better at range.  Heat rounds should just have the pen dropped down to be slightly above the ap rounds on the tank.  As the rest of the advantages heat has all ready can make it better in certain use cases then ap rounds.

Any change to the pen though means they need to rework tanks like the type 5 so they are not immune to damage from the front.

2MOEJOE #9 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4213 battles
My premium rounds work great I don't have a problem with them at all actually.I'll stop firing them when I get a team of heavies that are not 45% 450 average damage BOTS that have to be carried every battle until then I don't have any sympathy I really don't.I mean hey after all if me and people like myself don't get the free to play guys there win how in the world will they ever make any silver or XP.

Edited by 2MOEJOE, Jun 22 2019 - 23:25.

cavalry11 #10 Posted Jun 22 2019 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49593 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Most of the arguments are B.S., modern rounds are not affected enough by that to stop penetration except in this very unreal game and getting much worse. They need to go back to some form of realism to make game enjoyable again.

stryker105mm #11 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 02:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50185 battles

the issue with prem rounds is you dont need them. since all the tanks no matter what tank or tier all the armor in this game sucks. prem rounds are for the weak no skilled players. wg just needs 2 get rid of the prem rounds. and make armor work as it should. if you are not playing a ru tank all other armor is trash. all german tanks are out dated and can pen with a standard round. american lines same thing. sweed weak. chec no armor. japs some, chinese almost same as the bs ru armor. poish trash armor. 

prem rounds are just a waste of credits.

ARCNA442 #12 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 04:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14987 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD

View Poststryker105mm, on Jun 22 2019 - 20:39, said:

the issue with prem rounds is you dont need them. since all the tanks no matter what tank or tier all the armor in this game sucks. prem rounds are for the weak no skilled players. wg just needs 2 get rid of the prem rounds. and make armor work as it should. if you are not playing a ru tank all other armor is trash. all german tanks are out dated and can pen with a standard round. american lines same thing. sweed weak. chec no armor. japs some, chinese almost same as the bs ru armor. poish trash armor. 

prem rounds are just a waste of credits.

M5 Stuart vs Tiger 131 - literally impossible to pen with silver from any angle other than a tiny spot on the cupola

Valentine II vs KV-1- literally impossible to pen with silver from any angle except for a small weak point on the rear (50% pen chance)

D1 vs R35 - literally impossible to pen with silver from any angle

KatzeWolf #13 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 07:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 23 2019 - 07:19, said:

I use whatever I need to in order to kill the enemy.  Most of the time, that's #2 which isn't gold for me, but extra credits.  I'm not lazy, and I take my time aiming, but I don't want to have to shoot more than once at a target if I don't have to.  As long as it's in the game, I'll use it - but if they removed it, like if they removed arty & wheeled vehicles, I'd approve.

I agree, I don't blame players for using it, because it's there. WG just needs to do "something" about it.

diesel__1 #14 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 15:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles
I don't like the fact that premium rounds negate armor in the game.  In saying that....I really don't give a crapif I get hit by premium rounds, I'm [edited]toast anyways....I just hit the battle button again. LOL

Also tagged with Premium Rounds, Gold Rounds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users