Gold rounds in frontline?

premium rounds rounds gold rounds

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

REDENG #1 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 16:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29545 battles

So i realized today that people are addicted to premium rounds "gold rounds" because the one place you will rarely need to use them is in front line and i still using them like their lives depended on them.

so here is my theory,

people have seen that they dont have to put as much effort into aim to find weak spots and can pull off more snap shots with prem rounds so they got themselves addicted to the "power" of the premium rounds. even though they dont make any credits unless they do crazy amount of damage because i seen plenty of premium tanks spamming it lol. 

so to break an addiction the player has to replace it with something "better" which is why i now under stand WGs view to buffing standard rounds.

so what are your thoughts on the mater?

MajorRenegade #2 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 16:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles
I don't use them in front line ever. There is no point. no stats to pad and a waste of credits

Guido1212 #3 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 16:38

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81925 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

People want to maximize their efforts and minimize time for leveling up.  One way to do that is use the gold round game mechanic.  It makes perfect sense, what one person thinks is "needed" has little to nothing to do with what another person needs.  Gold round orthodoxy is silly.

Guido

Edited by Guido1212, Jun 23 2019 - 16:38.

AllieOop2 #4 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles
I cant imagine where Gold round use can have less meaning to those using it and those that get it used on than FrontLine. Respawn....simple easy an carry on.

2MOEJOE #5 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4340 battles
It's a non issue to me because it's there credits and there money.I can honestly say I've never given much thought about what's being shot at me unless its HE and the only reason I get triggered so easily  about HE is because it's mindlessly spammed by idiot medium/Lt drivers for 0 damage most of the time.FYI I don't use premium ammo in Front line I'm normally there to get XP credits and stuff to sell out of the depot.

I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 23350 battles

If someone is trying hard to farm prestige and doesn't care about the cost then it makes sense to spam premium. I only play FL to make credits so I almost never fire premium but you'd have to be an idiot to think that there could be no circumstance where you wouldn't need to use it. Not all tanks have the same pen or armour not to mention APCR has a higher shell velocity, makes hitting moving targets a lot easier(how could that come in handy?). Having said that I don't see a lot of premium rounds in FL except when I'd expect them.

Projectile_Misfired #7 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles
The only time I ever used Premium rounds in FL is when I forgot to remove the few I carry for pubs and used up my regular ammo. I have since removed all Premium rounds from the tanks I will be playing in FL when it comes around.

Jryder #8 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

1) It's not really an addiction so changing how players use SPammo is much easier.

2) Altering the damage of regular AP rounds doesn't address the core issues-penetration and Uber armored tanks.

3) Making the alternative appear better isn't the only way. Cutting off the supply (limiting SPammo loadout) is more direct and far more likely to obtain the desired result. Unlike drugs, there is no alternative with which to "get your fix". When you run out of SPammo, that's it.

4) I made a conscious decision to maximize credit earning this time around in FL, and have used exactly ONE SPammo round this week. My battle results are virtually the same as when I have used SPammo more freely in past sessions (though, credit earnings are up nicely).

People overestimate how effective SPammo actually is.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 73134 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

If they want to waste their credits and silver grinding potential in FL then let them.  Hate to state the obvious (to some), but FL is a garden of prestige AND silver that is there to be farmed. 

And while that's generally my idea and while I usually chuckle at the sheer amount of it being slung it's a bit sad that so many players of all hues have gotten so used to spamming it that it's now a permanent crutch for some.

On most of my tanks I don't change my load outs for FL so I have it, but I generally don't use it cause I'm there to grind rank and credits.  But I will occasionally use it.  On my tanks with low ammo counts that I frequently run in FL I will swap out my prammo just because there's a good chance I'd run out of standard otherwise even with resupply points.

I also try to stay with two or three if necessary tanks to cut costs. 

BlackAngelCom #10 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 17:26

Captain

• Players
  • 9540 battles

Most things are thin skinned, firing 4.4k/shot silver bullets just wastes their money.  Don't worry about it.

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Jun 23 2019 - 12:36, said:

I don't use them in front line ever. There is no point. no stats to pad and a waste of credits

My policy, too.  I don't load a single gold round on any FL tank I use.

View PostGuido1212, on Jun 23 2019 - 12:38, said:

People want to maximize their efforts and minimize time for leveling up.  One way to do that is use the gold round game mechanic.  It makes perfect sense, what one person thinks is "needed" has little to nothing to do with what another person needs.  Gold round orthodoxy is silly.

Guido

Not an "orthodoxy" for me, I use plenty of prem ammo in pubs, tourneys, clan wars... but I eschew it in FL and somewhat in SH in order to maximize credit earnings.

View PostAllieOop2, on Jun 23 2019 - 13:01, said:

I cant imagine where Gold round use can have less meaning to those using it and those that get it used on than FrontLine. Respawn....simple easy an carry on.

Exactly... I don't use it, but I don't care who does. It's a personal choice.

View Post2MOEJOE, on Jun 23 2019 - 13:06, said:

It's a non issue to me because it's there credits and there money.I can honestly say I've never given much thought about what's being shot at me unless its HE and the only reason I get triggered so easily  about HE is because it's mindlessly spammed by idiot medium/Lt drivers for 0 damage most of the time.FYI I don't use premium ammo in Front line I'm normally there to get XP credits and stuff to sell out of the depot.

Right on.

DrWho_ #12 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 19:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 25775 battles

I don't change anything for FL and carry the usual 10-20% premium but like in randoms I hardly ever load it

Keeping away from premium ammo/consumables means I'm hardly ever short of credits for when an opportunity to purchase stuff for credits show up (yeah I know I miscalculated it for last weekends tech tree sale) and that works well for me

What other people decide to spend their credits on is hardly my business and since I play mostly LTs these days it makes very little difference for me anyways 

Leopard9250 #13 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 19:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 29707 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

I see a Defender/252U or a VK/Mauer and I double tap the 2 key.

I can pray to RNG that my shell hits the tiny cupolas on the defender or I can simply aim at the big front slabs and pen. Same for the German superheavies; even the "weakspots" are 220mm, meaning that with standard rounds it's up to RNG if I pen or not.

I'd rather pen than waste my shot.

Gummistiefel #14 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 20:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 7 battles
I use a few gold rounds on the stupor heavies, that's about it.

Edited by Gummistiefel, Jun 23 2019 - 20:18.

Stevenwt #15 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 20:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

Basicaly I get spammed with gold Ammo in my US Scorpion. In fact the most memorable time I was hit by a standard ap round it was someone in a kv2 

the US scorpion has 1 mm armor. Here’s a tip, USE HE.

Flarvin #16 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 54836 battles

I use prem ammo in FL at about the same rate as random battles, in extremely rare cases. 

The last time I remember using prem ammo in FL, was because I fat fingered the ‘3’ key while hitting ‘4’ to cure a dead crew member. 

Flarvin #17 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 54836 battles

View PostStevenwt, on Jun 23 2019 - 14:23, said:

Basicaly I get spammed with gold Ammo in my US Scorpion. In fact the most memorable time I was hit by a standard ap round it was someone in a kv2 

the US scorpion has 1 mm armor. Here’s a tip, USE HE.

I love when players waste credits firing at me. 

It always brings a smile to my face when someone continuously wastes credits using prem ammo to pen my paper tank. 

mlinke #18 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 22:40

Captain

• Players
  • 53252 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
to be honest I never use gold. Now I wanted to maximize my general numbers and shot gold only. Even when I got to general and made 200k, I was in - or in peanut + every game. I did move 1 prestige even with little play I can squeeze in my schedule. If yo want to be general a lot you have to reset and make damage, there is no time for bounces. It works. Ask guy with top rank and xp from every game. He will prolly be big clan unicorn shooting nothing but gold. TO be honest if I would run premium time I would be always shooting gold in frontline. It is a boring grindy mod that I only play for tanks that are rewards. I want it to be over as soon as possible.

awildseaking #19 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
Ban gold from FL. Then people will realize the real problems are MOBA maps that don't allow for flanking and +/-2 MM that creates massive pen and armor disparities.

Wormstrand11th #20 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 00:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

ok ... not for the other side of the coin...and yeah i know the hate will be incoming, but whatever...

So hmm umm yeah I fire "gold" and would have even when it was still a "gold" commodity. 

Reason 1: You put your Defender out there and I dont want to sit in the open all day and night waiting for you to get in the perfect position for me to pen it once you decide to stop moving just the have my gun decide that i wasnt really aiming at that spot, that i actually meant somewhere else.  

Reason 2: I really want to damage or kill your tank and move on to the next target.  I dont want to date you. I dont want to be your friend. I want you dead and I want my damage to go up while your hp pool goes down. And I want your fiends right next to you too, and i dont want to waste any more time on you than necessary.

Reason 3: As told to me by my first USMC marksmanship instructor "The only fair fight is the one you lose and cry about it later"  in other words there are no fair fights if you plan on winning. Nothing is being said about people who dont like the use of the ammo, please dont read into that part of it.

Reason 4: If you think for a second that if the US could have fielded an Abrams in WW2 that we wouldn't have in order to be fair then maybe someone should talk to the Iraqi's about how they felt about the few modern tank battles that have occured. Tiger crews probably didnt care if they blew a hole in both sides of a Sherman, they cared that it was still operating. 

Reason 5: This isnt Red Orchestra, and you arent leaving that tank until it is completely dead, so let me help you on your way, and if you get me first and didnt fire a higher penetration round because of the "principle" of it or something then I applaud you.

And I may fire regular rounds at you but i wont hesitate to use a round more designed to go into your tank and do damage. I do pride myself on accuracy but i am not going to throw a fight to you because you have more armor that my position can overmatch, and i am not switching out a "gold" round just to watch you escape.  I will queue up regular lower pen round but you are eating that gold round no matter what if it comes down to shoot or hold. 

But this is just me...

Also tagged with premium rounds, rounds, gold rounds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users