• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:07

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Register now for the 4th of July weekend event. Pick a side, and if your team wins you get to enjoy a x2 XP Weekend. 

Yes there is a code to enter but to make it more fun click on one of the Tanks below to pick a side. 
The Sherman for Continental Army

The Cromwell B for the British Empire

(The Tank choices are just to pick a side and can't be played for the event)

Registration for the Event is from now (24Jun) until 1Jul. 

As soon as you Register you can start Playing! 

For more information on the event click HERE

Edited by KRZYBooP, Jun 24 2019 - 19:17.

RHeadshot #2 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles
Nope.  Not playing your idiotic games with codes.

omi5cron #3 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 23305 battles

codes...sigh...

edit;yes i realize a SIDE must be picked.can you at least call THIS type a different name? the word "code" is really starting to make me puke!

Edited by omi5cron, Jun 24 2019 - 17:19.

Shattered_Skull #4 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 393 battles
I'm not a Yankee so I guess I will choose British...:popcorn: 

Christojojo #5 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
Yay more codes I love codes. Codes give me things for little to no effort. Codes help me troll. Yay codes!!!!!!

nrnstraswa #6 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16258 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
I'd like this event more if it wasn't limited to just tier 8. 

SlappedbyRommel #7 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9266 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View Postnrnstraswa, on Jun 24 2019 - 17:28, said:

The tanks he mentioned are Tier 6

KRZYBooP #8 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 17:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Jun 24 2019 - 10:49, said:

The tanks he mentioned are Tier 6

(The Tank choices are just to pick a side and not required to be played for the event)

SlappedbyRommel #9 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 18:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9266 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 24 2019 - 17:59, said:

(The Tank choices are just to pick a side and not required to be played for the event)

So you need to click the code and then pick the tank or pick the tank and click the code or code the tank and click the button?

1ST_AD_Abrams #10 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 18:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2732 battles

So what happens to players who do not have a VIII British or American tank.  They don't get to celebrate the birth of our Nation on the 4th by being involved in this fun event.  I have no issue with tank rental as long as it is not gold.  However since all my VIII vehicles are elite/premium I would have to pay for them in gold I would assume.  Right now I have just I-IV and a VI French and a Captured King Tiger American VII.

Speaking as still a new comer to your game and still reviewing just the game is like I am disappointed where you have events that might exclude players who want to get the full experience without having to "pay" to play and "pay to win".

As a United States Marine (not Tank MOS) left on out of the 4th of July event seems unfair to those who have served but also to your player base some who perhaps hasn't wanted to venture into the higher tiers or they have but not in the British or American tank tech tree.

I sure hope you ill find a way to enable others to play including me who perhaps don't have access to any or the right nation's VIII vehicle.

It sounded like at the start of into to the event you were going to make it possible for anyone to be able to play with 1 of each category of tank that would not be premium or elite but also not at the bottom on the chart tank.  I really hope you will change this. 

One MAJOR thing you left out, The French.  Their help, helped the US gain its independence.  From war supplies to old ships, to even French troops with no strings attached in terms of territorial or economic benefits (as most say in general terms it was a way to get back at England - an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth).  Several very important people came before the France became involved the most well known, Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette (His full name is rarely used; instead he is often referred to as the marquis de La Fayette or Lafayette - only in the USA) who even our President saw him as an adopted son and enjoyed the time the two could spend together and the heartbreak when their friendship had to end when Lafayette was going to return home to France.  The sacrifices made by the French soldiers, sailors and individuals should be included as well.

Of course then that would sort of say that we need to include German VIII tanks.  Yes Germany wasn't a country you would find on a map as it still retained the name of Prussia (yes it is more complicated than just Prussian (as it was made up parts of the old Holy Roman Empire), but that would take too much space to full explain, so just trying to keep as simple as possible and without checking a source on this - so this is unverified and unchecked understanding of Prussia and Germany nationhood.).  The Hessians numbered approx 30,000.  So that is a pretty sizeable force.

Please note that instead of taking from textbooks or other 3rd party sites, I stuck to strictly to fill in spots/holes in this or when checking/verifying parts.  So all information is the property/copyright/ip of wikipedia and not myself.

Christojojo #11 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 18:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Jun 24 2019 - 12:13, said:

So you need to click the code and then pick the tank or pick the tank and click the code or code the tank and click the button?

Rommel didn't slap you hard enough :)

Christojojo #12 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 18:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 24 2019 - 12:37, said:

So what happens to players who do not have a VIII British or American tank.  They don't get to celebrate the birth of our Nation on the 4th by being involved in this fun event.  I have no issue with tank rental as long as it is not gold.  However since all my VIII vehicles are elite/premium I would have to pay for them in gold I would assume.  Right now I have just I-IV and a VI French and a Captured King Tiger American VII.

Speaking as still a new comer to your game and still reviewing just the game is like I am disappointed where you have events that might exclude players who want to get the full experience without having to "pay" to play and "pay to win".

As a United States Marine (not Tank MOS) left on out of the 4th of July event seems unfair to those who have served but also to your player base some who perhaps hasn't wanted to venture into the higher tiers or they have but not in the British or American tank tech tree.

I sure hope you ill find a way to enable others to play including me who perhaps don't have access to any or the right nation's VIII vehicle.

It sounded like at the start of into to the event you were going to make it possible for anyone to be able to play with 1 of each category of tank that would not be premium or elite but also not at the bottom on the chart tank.  I really hope you will change this. 

One MAJOR thing you left out, The French.  Their help, helped the US gain its independence.  From war supplies to old ships, to even French troops with no strings attached in terms of territorial or economic benefits (as most say in general terms it was a way to get back at England - an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth).  Several very important people came before the France became involved the most well known, Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette (His full name is rarely used; instead he is often referred to as the marquis de La Fayette or Lafayette - only in the USA) who even our President saw him as an adopted son and enjoyed the time the two could spend together and the heartbreak when their friendship had to end when Lafayette was going to return home to France.  The sacrifices made by the French soldiers, sailors and individuals should be included as well.

Of course then that would sort of say that we need to include German VIII tanks.  Yes Germany wasn't a country you would find on a map as it still retained the name of Prussia (yes it is more complicated than just Prussian (as it was made up parts of the old Holy Roman Empire), but that would take too much space to full explain, so just trying to keep as simple as possible and without checking a source on this - so this is unverified and unchecked understanding of Prussia and Germany nationhood.).  The Hessians numbered approx 30,000.  So that is a pretty sizeable force.

Please note that instead of taking from textbooks or other 3rd party sites, I stuck to strictly to fill in spots/holes in this or when checking/verifying parts.  So all information is the property/copyright/ip of wikipedia and not myself.

So you are deliberately trying to be incensed? Wow, totally American PC right there. BTW. Please don't mention being a marine all the time you devalue your service and the service of others. And I would prefer to honor Marines and other men and women who serve(d) our country without rolling my eyes and thinking this guy is too whiney to be a marine.

Edited by Christojojo, Jun 24 2019 - 18:44.

Taylor3006 #13 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 18:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2419 battles

View Postnrnstraswa, on Jun 24 2019 - 10:28, said:

Yeah saw that after I entered the code. Oh well, thanks Wargaming..........................................................................................................................

NormanBaites #14 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 19:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55454 battles
not gonna cry too hard if I am not on the winning team this time around .... x2 weekend .... wow .... what a treat .... not !

Salladex #15 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14560 battles
Is that CREW exp ? COMBAT exp ? or both ?

UnitG2 #16 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31933 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 24 2019 - 08:59, said:

Seriously KRZY, I dont know how you could possibly even try to make this more confusing.

The User Interface team visiting from Russia and you want to impress them? lol

KRZYBooP #17 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 19:11

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 24 2019 - 11:37, said:

Tank you very much for your service and your historical insights on this event. 

The main focus of the event is the revolutionary war with the two main parties participating in the battle. Yes France helped, and we are thankful for their contribution. In addition to giving us a Lady Liberty. While these are major factors, for the sake of the event ease is probably why they were left out. This is just me speculating on the decisions of higher ups that I don't have 100% concrete facts of what they are thinking. (They think in Russian and even if I could mind read it wouldn't come with subtitles.)

The event is Tier 8 only and seems a little weird since last week was Frontline and now this week we are starting a campaign that is Tier 8 only. However, all you have to do to participate is enter a code. That completes the first mission and sets you up to earn awards in case your team wins. Yes its not fun missing out on participating more, there are some boosters you may have earned that make the grind to Tier 8 a little more manageable? 

I very much appreciate your feedback on our events, and hope that I addressed all your concerns. 

cloudwalkr #18 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

How were people confused by this?  Holy crap.

pick a picture, click it...hit enter - boom done.  It's like some of you try to make things harder than they need to be.

SlappedbyRommel #19 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9266 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostChristojojo, on Jun 24 2019 - 18:38, said:

Rommel didn't slap you hard enough :)

Nope - but I was playing with the wording since it getting bit silly now with all the codes and pick a tank then brush your teeth turn around 5 times walk backwards chewing gum and then play the game once you have completed - I like to know what WG is thinking by making players continue to search for codes to play events or even broadcast the codes to a click page - really this makes no sense period.  All I ask can WG explain why?

bravo9er #20 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24901 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 24 2019 - 10:37, said:

So what happens to players who do not have a VIII British or American tank.

Don't you have the Chrysler K rental in the garage from the Father's Day weekend event?  I don't see you have any battles in it so if you logged in that weekend you should have it.

If you don't see it, make sure there is a tick mark in the check box for the the rental tank filter in the garage filter tab.

Also tagged with KRZY, 4th, July, missions, Events

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users