Jump to content


Crew Utilization

crew

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SyFr #1 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:37

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 748 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
I'm new and trying to understand how crews work.  I get the training but what I'm trying to figure out is once I've leveled a crew can I move them up to the next trier as I progress my tank tech tree?  If so, how do I do it do I need to retrain them etc.?  I assume light tank crews have to stick with light tanks, etc.? 

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13851 battles
  • 6,403
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

You can take them with you but you must pay to retrain them for the new tank. Once retrained they "forget" how to operate the previous tank.  You can change specialties and such for gold.  Premiums of the same type and nation do not require retraining of the crew so can be used to get multiple crews trained. 

 

So for example if you buy the tier 3 French TD premium and you are grinding French TDs, you can move crew or crews through it to train them up twice as quickly with no retraining fee.  Same for other classes, so an M-22 locust can help you train USA light crews.



YANKEE137 #3 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 20:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13851 battles
  • 6,403
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
If you care to share with us what nations or classes you are interested in, we can give you some good leads on equipment, which training to do first and which premiums work best.

Ta_Hun_Kwai #4 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17058 battles
  • 1,545
  • Member since:
    07-21-2014

View PostSyFr, on Jun 24 2019 - 11:37, said:

I'm new and trying to understand how crews work. I get the training but what I'm trying to figure out is once I've leveled a crew can I move them up to the next trier as I progress my tank tech tree? If so, how do I do it do I need to retrain them etc.? I assume light tank crews have to stick with light tanks, etc.? 

when you unlock a new tank in the line the crew can be retrained for next tank the type doesn't matter so a light tank crew can become whatever the next tank type is but if they are retrained they forget how to use the old tank



Boghie #5 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:58

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • 1,119
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

View PostSyFr, on Jun 24 2019 - 14:37, said:

I'm new and trying to understand how crews work.  I get the training but what I'm trying to figure out is once I've leveled a crew can I move them up to the next trier as I progress my tank tech tree?  If so, how do I do it do I need to retrain them etc.?  I assume light tank crews have to stick with light tanks, etc.? 

 

You have found the gold nugget in the excrement pile.  Crews in this game are GOLDEN.  They are more golden than gold.  They are the make or break part of the game for us Plebs.  The Unicums can play with a 75% basic trained crew and no skills and do ok.  Me?  Not so much.  I would also highly recommend searching through this forum for crew skill/perk advice.  There is awesome advice out there.  You will end up hating yourself if you pick the wrong skills - but everybody does it.  Even picking 'Intuition' (I did) is not the end of life - but, it does cost gold to fix.

 

After saying all that, for the lower tiers (Tiers I - IV) retrain for credits.  Credit training will leave your crew in a 75% - 80% basic trained status.  You will have to regrind that last 20% - 25%, but you will save your gold.  The competition through Tier IV is generally against untrained crews - excepting, of course, the seal clubbers.  But, you aren't good enough yet to hammer on the clubbers even with a 100% basic trained crew so don't worry about that.  And, the extra time spent grinding hopefully means you spend some time at each tier learning the game.  Avoid failing up tiers.  If you are 42% at Tier III and fail up to Tier V with that same skillset between your ears you will be a 37%er.  No fun for you!!!

 

When the crew layout gets stable then consider retraining for Gold - for example look at the crews in the Italian Line tanks.

  • Tier I:  Commander/Gunner/Radioman/Loader, Driver <- A very busy Commander :-)
  • Tier II:  Commander/Gunner, Driver, Radioman, Loader
  • Tier III:  Commander/Gunner, Driver, Radioman, Loader
  • Tier IV:  Commander/Gunner, Driver, Radioman, Loader
  • Tier V+:  Commander/Radioman, Gunner, Driver, Loader <- See the difference

 

That is, you would be spending 2,800 Gold (about $14) to keep your basic training at 100% and 'grind' a tank you might only play 10 times (like the Tier II).  The sweet spot is somewhere around Tiers IV and V where gold retraining has some value.  Tier V is where you start competing against some very good players.  Good players will generally crew train in a fully equipped tank at Tier V or VI and progress them up the line.  For example, I (NOT a good player) play dump crews through Tier IV and then start working skills/perks at Tier V.  Then I use that same crew for the rest of the line I am working.

 

Happy hunting



dunniteowl #6 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 15:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30263 battles
  • 7,548
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostSyFr, on Jun 24 2019 - 13:37, said:

I'm new and trying to understand how crews work.  I get the training but what I'm trying to figure out is once I've leveled a crew can I move them up to the next trier as I progress my tank tech tree?  If so, how do I do it do I need to retrain them etc.?  I assume light tank crews have to stick with light tanks, etc.? 

 

Crew -- Global Wiki  This is the "definitive" information source for how Crew works in this game.  Descriptions by respondents with regard to crew should be able to match what you see written in this linked source.

 

Crew:  You train a crew for a specific Tank in a Nation.  That's how a crew starts.  Example:

 

Tier I, US Light Tank.  Crew, to be able to operate the tank at peak effectiveness, must be trained to the Tank they are Crewing.  If they are not, they will show a red penalty percentage level.  When trained to a Tank, they may not show 100%, however their % values will not be displayed in red, because they are now trained for that specific tank.

 

Now, the crew has played in that tank long enough to be 100% certified and working on a 1st Skill/Perk.  You decide to move your Crew to the Tier II Light Tank next in line...

 

The Crew, being moved into the Tier II tank will now show a 90% value and it will be in Red, because they are not trained to that tank, which, is a penalty LARGER than that missing 10%.  They are also operating at a Non Trained Crew Penalty.  Here's the skinny on that in general from the linked source:

 

  • Vehicle Competence Penalty on Effective Training Level: A crew member must be trained to serve in a specific vehicle which is their designated "Vehicle Competence". Should a crewman operate a vehicle that he/she is not trained for, he/she may do so but will receive a Penalty to the effectiveness of their Training Level in their Major Qualification and any Skills and Perks he/she has earned and the Effective Training Level for their Major Qualification will be indicated by the % Training Level being colored red in the garage crew panel on their icon. The amount of this Penalty is variable depending upon whether their Vehicle Competence and the vehicle he/she moved to are vehicles of the same "Type" (ie TD, MT, LT, HT, or SPG) or are premium vehicles. The Penalty incurred is according to the following situations:
  • If a crew member is moved to a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, there is no penalty.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 25% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 25% to 60% and a 100% level would be reduced to 75%.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, he/she would also take a 25% Penalty to their current Training Level.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 50% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 50% to 40%, while a 100% level would be reduced to 50%.

 

Yes, this is not simple stuff.  World of Tanks can just as easily be renamed to World of Tank Crews.

 

Your other respondents pretty much covered you so I won't go further.

 

 

Let me say, "Welcome to the Madness, that is World of Tanks!"  Before I leave for now, let me drop off a copy of:

 

                    The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

 

So you can peruse all the stuff that makes the game what it is at your leisure.  Hope you find it at all useful.  I know this stuff still helps me to improve my play.

 

 


GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

 

 


Edited by dunniteowl, Jun 25 2019 - 15:12.


SyFr #7 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:07

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 748 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
Thank you all

Spyritwind #8 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 07:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 1122 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    06-24-2019

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 25 2019 - 15:10, said:

 

Crew -- Global Wiki  This is the "definitive" information source for how Crew works in this game.  Descriptions by respondents with regard to crew should be able to match what you see written in this linked source.

 

Crew:  You train a crew for a specific Tank in a Nation.  That's how a crew starts.  Example:

 

Tier I, US Light Tank.  Crew, to be able to operate the tank at peak effectiveness, must be trained to the Tank they are Crewing.  If they are not, they will show a red penalty percentage level.  When trained to a Tank, they may not show 100%, however their % values will not be displayed in red, because they are now trained for that specific tank.

 

Now, the crew has played in that tank long enough to be 100% certified and working on a 1st Skill/Perk.  You decide to move your Crew to the Tier II Light Tank next in line...

 

The Crew, being moved into the Tier II tank will now show a 90% value and it will be in Red, because they are not trained to that tank, which, is a penalty LARGER than that missing 10%.  They are also operating at a Non Trained Crew Penalty.  Here's the skinny on that in general from the linked source:

 

  • Vehicle Competence Penalty on Effective Training Level: A crew member must be trained to serve in a specific vehicle which is their designated "Vehicle Competence". Should a crewman operate a vehicle that he/she is not trained for, he/she may do so but will receive a Penalty to the effectiveness of their Training Level in their Major Qualification and any Skills and Perks he/she has earned and the Effective Training Level for their Major Qualification will be indicated by the % Training Level being colored red in the garage crew panel on their icon. The amount of this Penalty is variable depending upon whether their Vehicle Competence and the vehicle he/she moved to are vehicles of the same "Type" (ie TD, MT, LT, HT, or SPG) or are premium vehicles. The Penalty incurred is according to the following situations:
  • If a crew member is moved to a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, there is no penalty.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 25% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 25% to 60% and a 100% level would be reduced to 75%.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, he/she would also take a 25% Penalty to their current Training Level.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 50% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 50% to 40%, while a 100% level would be reduced to 50%.

 

Yes, this is not simple stuff.  World of Tanks can just as easily be renamed to World of Tank Crews.

 

Your other respondents pretty much covered you so I won't go further.

 

 

Let me say, "Welcome to the Madness, that is World of Tanks!"  Before I leave for now, let me drop off a copy of:

 

                    The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

 

So you can peruse all the stuff that makes the game what it is at your leisure.  Hope you find it at all useful.  I know this stuff still helps me to improve my play.

 

 


GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

 

 

Wow ... very helpful thank you.  i just started playing WoT a couple of days ago; let me see if I understand.

 

The crew is currently in a tier 8 premium  medium USSR tank with 100% for my commander and everyone else is at 110%.  I recently selected each of them their first skill currently sitting at 68%.  I started researching and purchasing up the T branch and I now have the ability to purchase the T-34 medium tank, USSR, tier 5.  I was thinking of switching the crew down to that tank to learn the game better and avoid the tier 8, 9 and 10 vehicles.  In doing so they will all take a 25% penalty and in some way with credits, gold or whatever I may be able to/wish to level them up quicker in the new vehicle.  If I ever switch them to another USSR medium tank in the future they will take the hit again unless it's a premium medium tank ... like the one they are in now.  Korek?

 

Also ... the progression in their skills will stay the same and not be lost?

 

I suppose some people use just one crew and just bounce them from one vehicle to another, take the hit, level them up again so they don't lose their skills .... assuming they want the same skills all the time.  I also suppose some people level up multiple crews to minimize the hits, but then you have to level up multiple crews and multiple skills so pretty much you can't very easily escape the issue.  Any suggestion and/or what do most veterans do?

 

Thank everyone in advance



dunniteowl #9 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 13:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30263 battles
  • 7,548
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostSpyritwind, on Jun 26 2019 - 00:44, said:

Wow ... very helpful thank you.  i just started playing WoT a couple of days ago; let me see if I understand.

 

The crew is currently in a tier 8 premium  medium USSR tank with 100% for my commander and everyone else is at 110%.  I recently selected each of them their first skill currently sitting at 68%.  I started researching and purchasing up the T branch and I now have the ability to purchase the T-34 medium tank, USSR, tier 5.  I was thinking of switching the crew down to that tank to learn the game better and avoid the tier 8, 9 and 10 vehicles.  In doing so they will all take a 25% penalty and in some way with credits, gold or whatever I may be able to/wish to level them up quicker in the new vehicle.  If I ever switch them to another USSR medium tank in the future they will take the hit again unless it's a premium medium tank ... like the one they are in now.  Korek?

 

Also ... the progression in their skills will stay the same and not be lost?

 

I suppose some people use just one crew and just bounce them from one vehicle to another, take the hit, level them up again so they don't lose their skills .... assuming they want the same skills all the time.  I also suppose some people level up multiple crews to minimize the hits, but then you have to level up multiple crews and multiple skills so pretty much you can't very easily escape the issue.  Any suggestion and/or what do most veterans do?

 

Thank everyone in advance

 

Actually, not exactly.  I did say it was fairly complex.

 

In your described case of taking a T8 Premium Tank Crew out of that tank and moving it to a T5 Tank of the Same Class (eg: they are both MED tanks) this is how it will work:

 

Moving the Crew and NOT Training the Crew to that tank they will operate at a -25% penalty, HOWEVER, the Crew will show a RED 90% overall qualification for that tank (10% difference between Same Class Trained/Not Trained).  The 25% is a PENALTY added onto the 90%, making your crew operate at 65% total crew effectiveness for that tank.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Credits (Regimental Training) will retrain the crew to 75% OR 90% of their previous Crew Qualification, whichever is higher.  If your Crew is at 100% then they would be retrained to 90% total qualification with Regimental (20,000 Credits per Crew member) once they were retrained.  At that time they would NOT operate at a penalty to their actions and would only be operating at 90% total effectiveness.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Gold (Tank Academy) will retrain the crew over to the new tank straight up.  If they were at 100%, then they would train to the new tank with no XP loss for 200 Gold Each.

 

That's how your Crew Move would operate in general.  Now, a couple of things, as I can tell you do not yet understand these things.

 

 

1)  The reason your crew other than the commander is sitting at 110% is that they are receiving the Commander's Bonus.  The Commander of the tank automatically provides a 10% Effectiveness bonus to the crew.  If your Commander was at 97%, for example, the Commander's Bonus would be 9.7% or 10% due to rounding up for each of the rest of your crew members.

 

2)  Other than the 25% penalty thing, you have the moving crews decently well understood.  Also, whenever you can, if you have a crew that came with a Premium (like a 0 Skill BIA Crew, for instance) trade them over to another compatible tank and train them to that.  You can slap them back into the Premium tank whenever without training them and suffer no penalty -- that's the benefit of a Premium Tank -- a Nation/Class crew trainer/grinder.

 

A Premium Tank is like having one tank that operates on Premium Account time all the time.  If you are a FTPP like me, then that's nice to have.  If you have a Premium Account, then a Premium Tank is like stacking a booster onto the account when using that tank.  And then when you DO stack a booster (Personal Reserve), it's potentially Ka-CHING! time.

 

SO, yeah, basically "Korek."

 

 

As to moving crew, this is usually done by Experienced players by having more than one Premium tank that they can fit crew into.  Also, like the Russian T-34 series of tank variants, you can swap crew back and forth into like three or four different tanks, depending on which variant it is and which Premiums you have.  I don't think you can do four tanks, though I am pretty sure there are a couple of lines that would let you place two non-Premium Crew into one or two Premium Tanks and sometimes that can allow a non-Premium Crew run in their selected tank and two Premiums, giving a crew three tanks of training in rapid succession.

 

Some folks do this to grind three tanks' worth of daily X2s on the same crew.  I'm honestly kind of lazy about it.  I don't take grinding too seriously as a thing.  I just keep playing and at some point, BING! Oh, look, my crew member just completed a Skill.  Cool.

 

That said, I am pretty good about making sure they get trained up decently well as far as that goes.  I just don't plan and work it like a schedule or anything.  I'm aware of a lot of it and have it pretty well wrapped in my mind how it all interoperates for the most part and for me, I'm okay with that.  If I have a question, my first act is to look into the Crew section of the Gobal Wiki and see if I can answer it by reading through relevant portions of the text.

 

There are several 'schools' of thought when it comes to Crew Training and Skills, so providing a single definitive answer probably won't do.  Being armed with the information, however, you can now place yourself in a position to ask more pointed and direct questions to get finer points clarified and should have the ability to now answer most of your own questions other than getting that player specific guidance based on preferences and perspective from their play.

 

If you'd like more specific FTPP style Crew considerations, I'll be happy to provide them in another post. [Free To Play Pubbie]

 

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO



Spyritwind #10 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 15:07

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 1122 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    06-24-2019

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 26 2019 - 13:53, said:

 

Actually, not exactly.  I did say it was fairly complex.

 

In your described case of taking a T8 Premium Tank Crew out of that tank and moving it to a T5 Tank of the Same Class (eg: they are both MED tanks) this is how it will work:

 

Moving the Crew and NOT Training the Crew to that tank they will operate at a -25% penalty, HOWEVER, the Crew will show a RED 90% overall qualification for that tank (10% difference between Same Class Trained/Not Trained).  The 25% is a PENALTY added onto the 90%, making your crew operate at 65% total crew effectiveness for that tank.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Credits (Regimental Training) will retrain the crew to 75% OR 90% of their previous Crew Qualification, whichever is higher.  If your Crew is at 100% then they would be retrained to 90% total qualification with Regimental (20,000 Credits per Crew member) once they were retrained.  At that time they would NOT operate at a penalty to their actions and would only be operating at 90% total effectiveness.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Gold (Tank Academy) will retrain the crew over to the new tank straight up.  If they were at 100%, then they would train to the new tank with no XP loss for 200 Gold Each.

 

That's how your Crew Move would operate in general.  Now, a couple of things, as I can tell you do not yet understand these things.

 

 

1)  The reason your crew other than the commander is sitting at 110% is that they are receiving the Commander's Bonus.  The Commander of the tank automatically provides a 10% Effectiveness bonus to the crew.  If your Commander was at 97%, for example, the Commander's Bonus would be 9.7% or 10% due to rounding up for each of the rest of your crew members.

 

2)  Other than the 25% penalty thing, you have the moving crews decently well understood.  Also, whenever you can, if you have a crew that came with a Premium (like a 0 Skill BIA Crew, for instance) trade them over to another compatible tank and train them to that.  You can slap them back into the Premium tank whenever without training them and suffer no penalty -- that's the benefit of a Premium Tank -- a Nation/Class crew trainer/grinder.

 

A Premium Tank is like having one tank that operates on Premium Account time all the time.  If you are a FTPP like me, then that's nice to have.  If you have a Premium Account, then a Premium Tank is like stacking a booster onto the account when using that tank.  And then when you DO stack a booster (Personal Reserve), it's potentially Ka-CHING! time.

 

SO, yeah, basically "Korek."

 

 

As to moving crew, this is usually done by Experienced players by having more than one Premium tank that they can fit crew into.  Also, like the Russian T-34 series of tank variants, you can swap crew back and forth into like three or four different tanks, depending on which variant it is and which Premiums you have.  I don't think you can do four tanks, though I am pretty sure there are a couple of lines that would let you place two non-Premium Crew into one or two Premium Tanks and sometimes that can allow a non-Premium Crew run in their selected tank and two Premiums, giving a crew three tanks of training in rapid succession.

 

Some folks do this to grind three tanks' worth of daily X2s on the same crew.  I'm honestly kind of lazy about it.  I don't take grinding too seriously as a thing.  I just keep playing and at some point, BING! Oh, look, my crew member just completed a Skill.  Cool.

 

That said, I am pretty good about making sure they get trained up decently well as far as that goes.  I just don't plan and work it like a schedule or anything.  I'm aware of a lot of it and have it pretty well wrapped in my mind how it all interoperates for the most part and for me, I'm okay with that.  If I have a question, my first act is to look into the Crew section of the Gobal Wiki and see if I can answer it by reading through relevant portions of the text.

 

There are several 'schools' of thought when it comes to Crew Training and Skills, so providing a single definitive answer probably won't do.  Being armed with the information, however, you can now place yourself in a position to ask more pointed and direct questions to get finer points clarified and should have the ability to now answer most of your own questions other than getting that player specific guidance based on preferences and perspective from their play.

 

If you'd like more specific FTPP style Crew considerations, I'll be happy to provide them in another post. [Free To Play Pubbie]

 

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 26 2019 - 13:53, said:

 

Actually, not exactly.  I did say it was fairly complex.

 

In your described case of taking a T8 Premium Tank Crew out of that tank and moving it to a T5 Tank of the Same Class (eg: they are both MED tanks) this is how it will work:

 

Moving the Crew and NOT Training the Crew to that tank they will operate at a -25% penalty, HOWEVER, the Crew will show a RED 90% overall qualification for that tank (10% difference between Same Class Trained/Not Trained).  The 25% is a PENALTY added onto the 90%, making your crew operate at 65% total crew effectiveness for that tank.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Credits (Regimental Training) will retrain the crew to 75% OR 90% of their previous Crew Qualification, whichever is higher.  If your Crew is at 100% then they would be retrained to 90% total qualification with Regimental (20,000 Credits per Crew member) once they were retrained.  At that time they would NOT operate at a penalty to their actions and would only be operating at 90% total effectiveness.

 

Moving the Crew and Training the Crew to that tank via Gold (Tank Academy) will retrain the crew over to the new tank straight up.  If they were at 100%, then they would train to the new tank with no XP loss for 200 Gold Each.

 

That's how your Crew Move would operate in general.  Now, a couple of things, as I can tell you do not yet understand these things.

 

 

1)  The reason your crew other than the commander is sitting at 110% is that they are receiving the Commander's Bonus.  The Commander of the tank automatically provides a 10% Effectiveness bonus to the crew.  If your Commander was at 97%, for example, the Commander's Bonus would be 9.7% or 10% due to rounding up for each of the rest of your crew members.

 

2)  Other than the 25% penalty thing, you have the moving crews decently well understood.  Also, whenever you can, if you have a crew that came with a Premium (like a 0 Skill BIA Crew, for instance) trade them over to another compatible tank and train them to that.  You can slap them back into the Premium tank whenever without training them and suffer no penalty -- that's the benefit of a Premium Tank -- a Nation/Class crew trainer/grinder.

 

A Premium Tank is like having one tank that operates on Premium Account time all the time.  If you are a FTPP like me, then that's nice to have.  If you have a Premium Account, then a Premium Tank is like stacking a booster onto the account when using that tank.  And then when you DO stack a booster (Personal Reserve), it's potentially Ka-CHING! time.

 

SO, yeah, basically "Korek."

 

 

As to moving crew, this is usually done by Experienced players by having more than one Premium tank that they can fit crew into.  Also, like the Russian T-34 series of tank variants, you can swap crew back and forth into like three or four different tanks, depending on which variant it is and which Premiums you have.  I don't think you can do four tanks, though I am pretty sure there are a couple of lines that would let you place two non-Premium Crew into one or two Premium Tanks and sometimes that can allow a non-Premium Crew run in their selected tank and two Premiums, giving a crew three tanks of training in rapid succession.

 

Some folks do this to grind three tanks' worth of daily X2s on the same crew.  I'm honestly kind of lazy about it.  I don't take grinding too seriously as a thing.  I just keep playing and at some point, BING! Oh, look, my crew member just completed a Skill.  Cool.

 

That said, I am pretty good about making sure they get trained up decently well as far as that goes.  I just don't plan and work it like a schedule or anything.  I'm aware of a lot of it and have it pretty well wrapped in my mind how it all interoperates for the most part and for me, I'm okay with that.  If I have a question, my first act is to look into the Crew section of the Gobal Wiki and see if I can answer it by reading through relevant portions of the text.

 

There are several 'schools' of thought when it comes to Crew Training and Skills, so providing a single definitive answer probably won't do.  Being armed with the information, however, you can now place yourself in a position to ask more pointed and direct questions to get finer points clarified and should have the ability to now answer most of your own questions other than getting that player specific guidance based on preferences and perspective from their play.

 

If you'd like more specific FTPP style Crew considerations, I'll be happy to provide them in another post. [Free To Play Pubbie]

 

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Hmmm ... yes a tad complex lol but thank you again.  Yeah they are premium crew that came with the tank so ... I think I'm okay/good to switch them over although you mentioning that limit to the number of tanks they can operate is concerning.  Trying to decide if I want to start with a fresh crew or not. Hmmm ... I'll check out that link though and think about it some more.



MrBeetleBumEntertainment #11 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 16:58

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    03-02-2019

View PostSyFr, on Jun 24 2019 - 20:37, said:

I'm new and trying to understand how crews work.  I get the training but what I'm trying to figure out is once I've leveled a crew can I move them up to the next trier as I progress my tank tech tree?  If so, how do I do it do I need to retrain them etc.?  I assume light tank crews have to stick with light tanks, etc.? 

 

 

Easy Peasy Short Video to show you exactly how to move your crew

 

Edit: in the video I said you need to keep your crews to similar type of tanks (lights for lights) I should have said "its best" because yes you can move a Russian light crew into any other class of Russian tank like a Heavy.

 



Boghie #12 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 22:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • 1,119
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

Watch the vid by BeetleBum.  Pretty good...

 

The only issue you will face is that the Russian Medium Tank line starts getting squirrely with their crew layout.  There are differences in crew layout between the T-34 and the T-34-85.  Then there are differences between the T-35-85 and the T-44.  I think you get a break at Tier VII with the T-43.  Basically, on the T-34 you train the Commander in Situational Awareness, while on the T-34-85 that skill is held by the Radio Operator, and on the T-44 it is the Loader.  Kinda a mess, but kinda reality too.  I now have a Commander with SA, a RO with SA, and a Loader with SA.  Yuk, yuk.

 

The sweet spot for crew training in the Russian Mediums is Tier VI.  There you can bounce one crew from your Tech Tree T-34-85 to the T-34-85M (no change in crew layout) and then to the Rudy (you lose the RO so your vision dumps).  My guess is that you have the T-44-100 as the Ruskie MT - you can use that effectively as well.  And, so yeah, your crew grows like a weed.  See above.  I'm not very good so a bunch of crew layouts can be brutal to me.  However, the Russian Mediums just make it easy in the middle zone.

 

By the way, one of the reasons I too advantage of the Italian On-Track is because the crew layouts are identical form Tier V onward.  The equipment grind for each tank is awful, but the crew grind is beautiful - and, while each stock tank is a turd of epic proportions they are wonderful vehicles once all the modules are researched.  







Also tagged with crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users