wheelies

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LeaveIT2Beaver #1 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 36630 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

The issue of wheelies is not the wheelies themselves. It is when over 3/4 of the green team stops what they are doing to chase the red rabbit and totally ignores the rest of the red team.

Watch next time. It's amazing. :trollface:

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Jun 24 2019 - 21:33.

SawUcomin #2 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Nothing amazing about it.

Any army would respond the same way if 2 enemies on a bike with a side car fitted with a RPG and a sack of shells stormed toward their base

Mind you side cars dont go forward and reverse at 90KM/h with 2 soldiers and fire every 6 seconds with a proximity auto-lock on and have the ability to go from 90 km/h in forward to 80 km/h in reverse in 5 seconds like wheelies do!

Edited by SawUcomin, Jun 24 2019 - 21:39.

Sturm_Teufel #3 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 47459 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Rabbit? I thought wheelies were OH LOOK, A SQUIRREL!!!

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 13541 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

KRZYBooP #5 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 21:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3817 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSawUcomin, on Jun 24 2019 - 14:35, said:

Nothing amazing about it.

Any army would respond the same way if 2 enemies on a bike with a side car fitted with a RPG and a sack of shells stormed toward their base

Mind you side cars dont go forward and reverse at 90KM/h with 2 soldiers and fire every 6 seconds with a proximity auto-lock on and have the ability to go from 90 km/h in forward to 80 km/h in reverse in 5 seconds like wheelies do!

Thanks for the Idea xD

LeaveIT2Beaver #6 Posted Jun 24 2019 - 22:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 36630 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 24 2019 - 15:59, said:

Thanks for the Idea xD

Tod_kommt #7 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 00:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1401 battles
  • [TTSG] TTSG
Ban the wheel!!!!!!!!!

TaliBandaid #8 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 13:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 6656 battles

All I have seen is anecdotal. 

1. First days they came out, one shot HE = done and problem solved.

not anymore. You get bounces, crits that knock out a wheel, but doesn't stop them... as it should.

2. their unerring accuracy. such BS. unless someone is using something a little extra there, autolock and dispersion shouldn't be giving certain players repeated hits on an evading target.

constant ammo racks and fires on top of it....just gives the impression that there's a little something, something and not skill involved there.

the multitasking involved there... sorry, I flew in helicopters. where everything could go wrong in a split second. make of that what you will

3. Wargaming has repeatedly issued post where they say that any feature that allows players to only have to concentrate on maneuvering their tank is not allowed. 

now they incorporated that feature into the game itself....

As things stand, keeping them in the game, there needs to be some serious balance issues addressed. 

KRZYBooP #9 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:07

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3817 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostTaliBandaid, on Jun 25 2019 - 06:46, said:

All I have seen is anecdotal. 

1. First days they came out, one shot HE = done and problem solved.

not anymore. You get bounces, crits that knock out a wheel, but doesn't stop them... as it should.

2. their unerring accuracy. such BS. unless someone is using something a little extra there, autolock and dispersion shouldn't be giving certain players repeated hits on an evading target.

constant ammo racks and fires on top of it....just gives the impression that there's a little something, something and not skill involved there.

the multitasking involved there... sorry, I flew in helicopters. where everything could go wrong in a split second. make of that what you will

3. Wargaming has repeatedly issued post where they say that any feature that allows players to only have to concentrate on maneuvering their tank is not allowed. 

now they incorporated that feature into the game itself....

As things stand, keeping them in the game, there needs to be some serious balance issues addressed. 

1. They are Fast and fragile. A well placed shot can make them explode like a firework from a popular Pop star. 

Repeated hits on Wheels does affect their handling and speed. The obvious counter to this is equipping two repairs and training your crew up in repairs.

The wheels are 90% of the Tank and act like a Tank Track where they absorb shots making them not easy to kill. However, since they are also blind, they 

don't know 100% where they are getting shot from. I Personally agree that the penalty for handling and speed isn't high enough, but I don't make those decisions. 

2. The Accuracy is needed for the intended play style of the Wheeled Tanks. 2 shots and the blind speeding Star has to find cover to reload. 

3. These Wheelie Tanks can easily flip and take some time to adjust to the speed if you have been playing slow tanks for a while. My first outing was a ten second 

joyride off a hill into a firey crash. Number two was running into a well on a map wrecking my engine and having 4 people blast me to oblivion. 

I do understand your concerns as I have also been on the receiving end of a good Wheelie driver in a TD that made me change where I set up so I can spot and shoot

earlier on if there are some on the enemy team. Keep in mind LT's are the counter to them since they can "see" them and kinda keep up with them. Firing at there straight -aways. 

If you haven't had the chance to play one I recommend it. They are a different play style to master and offer something new to the game. I laughed very hard every time I crashed,

then apologized to my team. 

TaliBandaid #10 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 6656 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 25 2019 - 11:07, said:

1. They are Fast and fragile. A well placed shot can make them explode like a firework from a popular Pop star. 

Repeated hits on Wheels does affect their handling and speed. The obvious counter to this is equipping two repairs and training your crew up in repairs.

The wheels are 90% of the Tank and act like a Tank Track where they absorb shots making them not easy to kill. However, since they are also blind, they 

don't know 100% where they are getting shot from. I Personally agree that the penalty for handling and speed isn't high enough, but I don't make those decisions. 

2. The Accuracy is needed for the intended play style of the Wheeled Tanks. 2 shots and the blind speeding Star has to find cover to reload. 

3. These Wheelie Tanks can easily flip and take some time to adjust to the speed if you have been playing slow tanks for a while. My first outing was a ten second 

joyride off a hill into a firey crash. Number two was running into a well on a map wrecking my engine and having 4 people blast me to oblivion. 

I do understand your concerns as I have also been on the receiving end of a good Wheelie driver in a TD that made me change where I set up so I can spot and shoot

earlier on if there are some on the enemy team. Keep in mind LT's are the counter to them since they can "see" them and kinda keep up with them. Firing at there straight -aways. 

If you haven't had the chance to play one I recommend it. They are a different play style to master and offer something new to the game. I laughed very hard every time I crashed,

then apologized to my team. 

I get what you are saying. You seem to dismiss my observations. I have know how to hit moving targets. The amount of ricochets and crit hits on them is happening way too often, shots flying through a very small gap in their armor or just missing the turret... ok, but too much is a huge RNG buff these guys are getting. 

I have played mine and they are great for some things. honestly, I sure as hell don't get the accuracy some of these guys are getting and that needs looking into. I'm by far not a bad player, and as I said... the amount of multitasking involved, the advertised auto-lock features, as I said… Just do yourself a favor and look into that sad fact.

I don't mind them being in the game, but supercharged, super buffed, that's wholly an unfair advantage. balance it out and it's all cool. 

Tod_kommt #11 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 00:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1401 battles
  • [TTSG] TTSG
Ban the Wheel!

raymee101 #12 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 08:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67327 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
lets not forget that they have made all the other tier 10 light tanks obsolete in clan wars and advances.  You just dont see any other lights used, and when you do that team loses cause their light cant keep up to the ebr.  You might see an occasional t100lt, but the ebr is so op that its 99% of all lights in clan battles.  You may as well have removed the rest of the lights from the game.

CynicalDutchie #13 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 08:45

Major

• Players
  • 42475 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View Postraymee101, on Jun 26 2019 - 08:23, said:

lets not forget that they have made all the other tier 10 light tanks obsolete in clan wars and advances.  You just dont see any other lights used, and when you do that team loses cause their light cant keep up to the ebr.  You might see an occasional t100lt, but the ebr is so op that its 99% of all lights in clan battles.  You may as well have removed the rest of the lights from the game.

And people used anything but the T100 before the EBR came out?

oldewolfe #14 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 22343 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Boop, try the Enhanced Suspension out....      Add that to your 2 Repair Kits and Full Repair Crew....     See how often you get Slowed Down then....     lol

I'm about to Buy my EBR 105.....       Due to their Speed, I have had the Enhanced Suspension on all of them since the EBR 75....      I kept the Lynx all about the Gun and Less about getting Around, makes a far better TD than a Scout....

https://youtu.be/aduezSgx7CE

https://youtu.be/aGqCVlwrmRo

coldjet1 #15 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 26290 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
My big ? is how in the hell can a wheeled POS take a full broadside hit from the 152mm on a T49 and only take less then half damage?  This total and complete BS how these WG flavor of the month tanks can run rampant around every game with out being balanced. These are nothing more then pickup trucks and should be only able to take one or two hits from a tank. As it stands right now there is no big penalty to them going Leroy Jenkins at the beginning of a battle. More then likely they survive and get back. From what Im seeing in battle. Whichever team has the most or better EBR player wins.

oldewolfe #16 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 15:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 22343 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Wheels Up in Rapid Mode cover most of the Hull...     They're Steel and NOT Thin.....       Works effectively like Spaced Armor on the S.Conq and the likes....

Down they cover only Slightly less of the Hull....     Look at the Model Closely in Tanks.gg or the Tech Tree...    There's not alot of Vehicle there at all really.....

SawUcomin #17 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 23:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 24 2019 - 21:59, said:

Thanks for the Idea xD

Why not go for it!

You and yours have already taken this game down about as far as it can go regarding player satisfaction.

I think the only thing that keeps NA from closing is that you probably hide the disdain NA players express in these forums from Belarus HQ so you don't lose your jobs.

But thanks for the cheeky snide-azz comment about how players view your game, it's content and the direction its going and how it means jack sht to you.

Go ahead and laugh..your not the first or last Admin i've seen come and go since I started playing..your time is more limited more than you think!

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 01 2019 - 01:32.

Copacetic #18 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 05:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45097 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
wheelies aren't fragile they have way more hit points than they should

Also tagged with wheelies

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users