• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Maltfourti #21 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 19:55

Captain

• Players
  • 45642 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 25 2019 - 11:07, said:

1. They are Fast and partially( a little, in a few small spots)fragile. A well placed shot can make them explode like a firework almost 5% of the time.

Repeated hits on the CAPTAIN AMERICA SHIELDS we call wheels does affect their handling and speed, also about 5% of the time. The obvious counter to this is zigzag just a little bit more.

The Captain America Shields are 90% of the Tank and act like a Tank Track(from a Maus) where they absorb shots making them not easy to kill. However, since they are also blind, they 

don't know 100% where they are getting shot from. But that really doesn't matter!. I Personally agree that the penalty for handling and speed isn't high enough, but I don't make those decisions. 

2. The Accuracy is needed for the intended play style of the Wheeled Tanks, which is to circle-jerk EVERY other class of tank.

3. These Wheelie Tanks can easily flip and take NO DAMAGE at all.

I do understand your concerns as I have also been on the receiving end of a good Wheelie driver in a TD that made me change where I set up so I can spot and shoot

earlier on if there are some on the enemy team. Keep in mind LT's are completely countered by them since they can "see" them and almost but not really keep up with them. Firing at them is a good way to waste shells you could use on more dangerous targets.

If you haven't had the chance to play one I recommend it! I also recommend selling all the light tanks you ground out over the years as they are obsolete now!

There, fixed that for ya!  I'm sure this is what you really meant to convey....

Edited by Maltfourti, Aug 29 2019 - 23:08.

TaliBandaid #22 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 23:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7435 battles
I call Shananagins. SHANANAGINS

Swearengen5 #23 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 04:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 60881 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Wheeled tanks have made gameplay into garbage.

Zero tactics/strategy develop when any EBR can cruise 6 grid squares before most tanks can get 3 from spawn...everyone's spotted and the game devolves from there.

Complete $hit move to put these things in the game.  I'll never buy another premium day until they're gone (and we all know WG doesn't fix its mistakes), no more premium for me.

Edited by Swearengen5, Jul 26 2019 - 04:06.

nilsonn #24 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 22:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24101 battles

Most retarded addition to the game since 2007.

Must be the main reason why I quit after 3 battles every day.

GRINCH7777 #25 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 22:49

Captain

• Players
  • 47831 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View PostSwearengen5, on Jul 25 2019 - 21:05, said:

Wheeled tanks have made gameplay into garbage.

Zero tactics/strategy develop when any EBR can cruise 6 grid squares before most tanks can get 3 from spawn...everyone's spotted and the game devolves from there.

Complete $hit move to put these things in the game.  I'll never buy another premium day until they're gone (and we all know WG doesn't fix its mistakes), no more premium for me.

View Postnilsonn, on Jul 27 2019 - 15:00, said:

Most retarded addition to the game since 2007.

Must be the main reason why I quit after 3 battles every day.

....+1 for each of you.......the wheeled lights are ruining Frontline....a wheelie gets past the main battle area and the next thing they are attacking the objectives....they move way too fast and what really rages me is the way they can stop , pivot and be at high speed in the opposite direction almost immediately.....as for hitting them when you do they do not stop - they almost never get immobilized and they go flying over terrain and land with zero damage.......totally effed up.....maybe lots of whining and complaints will get them nerfed ....

Gryphon_ #26 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37629 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 25 2019 - 17:07, said:

1. They are Fast and fragile. A well placed shot can make them explode like a firework from a popular Pop star. 

Repeated hits on Wheels does affect their handling and speed. The obvious counter to this is equipping two repairs and training your crew up in repairs.

The wheels are 90% of the Tank and act like a Tank Track where they absorb shots making them not easy to kill. However, since they are also blind, they 

don't know 100% where they are getting shot from. I Personally agree that the penalty for handling and speed isn't high enough, but I don't make those decisions. 

2. The Accuracy is needed for the intended play style of the Wheeled Tanks. 2 shots and the blind speeding Star has to find cover to reload. 

3. These Wheelie Tanks can easily flip and take some time to adjust to the speed if you have been playing slow tanks for a while. My first outing was a ten second 

joyride off a hill into a firey crash. Number two was running into a well on a map wrecking my engine and having 4 people blast me to oblivion. 

I do understand your concerns as I have also been on the receiving end of a good Wheelie driver in a TD that made me change where I set up so I can spot and shoot

earlier on if there are some on the enemy team. Keep in mind LT's are the counter to them since they can "see" them and kinda keep up with them. Firing at there straight -aways. 

If you haven't had the chance to play one I recommend it. They are a different play style to master and offer something new to the game. I laughed very hard every time I crashed,

then apologized to my team. 

I would disagree with your assertion that they are fragile. I agree that its the job of the LTs to deal with them, but after a few hundred battles of trying to do exactly that I'm finding it takes about 3-4 hits to get one that does damage. Non pens are rare, but do happen; the problem is the 'crit hits' that, for the reasons others have posted, are the norm yet dont actually slow the wheelie down or stop it.

This should be evident from the stats, specifically the Armor Use Efficiency, which is supposed to show the ratio of (non HE or HESH) damage blocked to damage taken.........but it deosnt seem to count crit hits as damage blocked. As a result, the Armor Use Efficiency stat is pretty meaningless for the wheelies, as they show 0.01 or so, when we'd expect it to show 0.6 or so due to the many non-damaging crit hits. 

Finally, lets remember that 'triple overmatch' exists in the game - meaning that if gun calber is > 3x the armor thickness, its autopen, no matter what the angle of incidence. The crit hit mechanic clearly ignores the triple overmatch mechanic as its possible to get crit hits from very large caliber guns against wheelies that have basically no armor. This also affects all the other tanks in the game, and its equally wrong.

So I think the core problem here is a broken mechanic - critical hits - for the following reasons:

• Crit hits do not contribute to Armor Use Efficiency and therefore withhold vital data from those seeking to balance the game (yes, I'm sure someone is...)
  • Crit hits defeat triple overmatch - which is ridiculous

From the above assessment, do you agree that the core problem with wheelies - that exists to some degree with other tanks too - is the critical hit mechanic?

Edited by Gryphon_, Sep 12 2019 - 17:38.

Also tagged with wheelies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users