Feontlines: How to get the AE 1

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Rabbitlover2017 #1 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 13:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1875 battles

So I have a bit of an issue. I've been busy the past few months and and now on vacation without access to a computer. So basically I've missed the first, what is it now, 5? Seasons of frontline, and am only like halfway to prestige 1.

But I kinda want this AE1 thing, it looks unique and probably will be somewhat rare. The issue is obviously that if I do want that thing I have to play an inhuman amount of frontlines for the next few months, which will be hardly possible for me considering the amount of things outside of video tanks that I enjoy doing.

So my question is, what's the fastest way I can advance while still playing as little as possible, and how many hours a day would I need to play during frontline weeks to actually get the tank?

Chillum #2 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 13:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 15388 battles
  • [_TGK_] _TGK_

I think QB said it took him around 220 hours to get prestige 7 for the emil. With regular general. If your not comfortable with spending more than that then it may be out of reach.

Maybe you will get lucky and they will offer a chance to buy out prestige ranks.

Personally I lost all interest in frontlines on seeing the AE phase 1. Its stats are on par or weaker than an m103/caer. Its only good thing is a gimmick free large repair kit. The quad tracks just means 2 extra spokes to get tracked.

Edited by Chillum, Jun 25 2019 - 13:42.

PTwr #3 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 44722 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

It takes about 30000 rank points to get one prestige level.

With good FL tanks, prior experience and a bit of work you can average ~900 rank points per battle.

That puts it at ~35 battles per prestige level, which puts it at ~12 hours per prestige.

To get mystery tier 9 you must get all 10 prestige levels. 

You have 5 episodes left. That means you need 2 prestige levels, 70 FL battles, 24 hours of playtime, per week of episode. To be safe from real life surprises you would need to do more in 6th episode to get ahead of curve. 

It is possible, you can even do one prestige level per day. Whether or not you should do it is up to you to decide. 

Here you can find excel spreadshet that will do math for you, charts, hints etc: http://forum.worldof...andom-rambling/

gpc_4 #4 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 14:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 42734 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Sounds like you don't get it.

BlackAngelCom #5 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 14:38

Captain

• Players
  • 9315 battles
This really needs catch up/bonus missions.

CynicalDutchie #6 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 42511 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
yeah... I think you're a bit too late to the party.

Ortinoth_ #7 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 14:44

Captain

• Players
  • 27172 battles

View PostChillum, on Jun 25 2019 - 05:41, said:

I think QB said it took him around 220 hours to get prestige 7 for the emil. With regular general. If your not comfortable with spending more than that then it may be out of reach.

Maybe you will get lucky and they will offer a chance to buy out prestige ranks.

Personally I lost all interest in frontlines on seeing the AE phase 1. Its stats are on par or weaker than an m103/caer. Its only good thing is a gimmick free large repair kit. The quad tracks just means 2 extra spokes to get tracked.

at captain rank for all prestiges to 10 will average 220 hours - so to prestige 7 is not 220 hours - 154 hours or so to hit prestige 7 which was max prestige for this last episode but next episode will be 6 - so 6*22 hours average per prestige level at captain rank = 122 hours

FrreeeBird #8 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 14:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9538 battles
  • [MARS-] MARS-

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 25 2019 - 14:38, said:

No, if you want to catch up then you need to put the time in and grind, just like the rest of us who have prestiged a few times already.

FearTheBadger #9 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 15:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16986 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
I have accepted the fact that I will not get the top mystery tank or even the EMIL 1951 (already have the EMIL 1).  so set my sights on getting the Japanese Med tank.  or possibly the WZ111.  best I can do for the skill level I am at and the  amount of time I play .

BlackAngelCom #10 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 9315 battles

View PostFrreeeBird, on Jun 25 2019 - 14:57, said:

No, if you want to catch up then you need to put the time in and grind, just like the rest of us who have prestiged a few times already.

That implies two 25 hour weeks are the same proposition as one 50 hour week. Har har.

This is a GAME. Game design should not amount to "go beat the hell out of yourself, or go $%@* yourself."

Blazzy #11 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 16:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33800 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 25 2019 - 13:38, said:

They'll probably sell prestige catch up later on hahaha

Wouldn't surprise me at all, they'll do anything for money

SwollenOstrich #12 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 16:41

Captain

• Players
  • 24595 battles

If you are serious, here is what you need to do based on my experience. 

Train engineering up to level 5 first, every episode. This helps capping and resetting, which is how you rank up quickly.

Load the gold. Controversial sure, but you want to do it as fast as possible, so ...

Run OP vehicles if you have them. Preferably those with a nice balance of armor and speed. Speed is essential, but it does no good to race to a cap only to be blown up in two shots, so you have to get there fast but survive long enough to cap/reset/block as the case may be.

Defender/252U, IS-3A, Progetto, LT-432. Also, 50TP has decent speed and a hard hitting gun and some armor.  M41 variants and EBR-75 are good if you use it carefully and don't trade shots, of course have NO armor so sitting still on the cap is begging the enemy to nuke you. Speed, speed and more speed. It does NO good to be slowly crawling across waste land for 5 minutes looking for an enemy to engage or to be trying to get to a cap and your team captures it while you are still getting there. 

Your goal should be to average Major. This means 34 games per episode. Assuming you are half way through Episode 1, you have 9.5 episodes to go, so 34*9.5= 323 games

Play selfishly: as soon as you hit General in a game, your focus should be ending the current game, and that means either winning by shooting the turrets or LETTING the enemy shoot the turrets so the game ends ASAP. Again, this is controversial (for sure), but if you are entirely focused on maximizing points per hour of play, this is the logical conclusion.

Games last 25 minutes on average, this includes time waiting in queue. So 323 games x 25 minutes = 8,075 minutes ~ 134.5 hours. Divide by 5 remaining episodes = about 27 hours per episode, or 3.8 hours a day.

You can hope that they will offer double points in an upcoming episode, rumor was this was happening or did happen on the Asia? server, but I don't know if that was confirmed and there is no guarantee it will happen on the NA server. 

IF this happens, you need to be prepared to grind every waking moment during that particular episode, for obvious reasons. 

Zeds_Tank #13 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21810 battles

Spending so many hours--as a mediocre player at best--for one or two more "special" tanks for just one more video game, has proven far too soul-sucking for me.
I need the credits to pay for certain tanks I've researched, but even that is feeling too much like a job and no longer an escape or game.

Jryder #14 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 25 2019 - 05:38, said:

It is already designed to let you catch up. You could start from scratch next session and catch up providing you are willing to put in the time.

What you want are shortcuts that enable players to circumvent the process and not put in the time like everybody else yet still get the same rewards as those who have put in the time.

Um, no.

Life isn't fair. If you don't want to/can't put in the requisite time, you do not deserve the payoff. Tell your boss that you are only going to work 4 hours a day but that you expect him to pay you for 8 hours worked. Let us know his response...

SporkBoy #15 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 45893 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Catch up does not mean shortcut. Get to work you slacker.

Jryder #16 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 25 2019 - 06:17, said:

That implies two 25 hour weeks are the same proposition as one 50 hour week. Har har.

This is a GAME. Game design should not amount to "go beat the hell out of yourself, or go $%@* yourself."

FL is not a "game", it is an event.

If you are unwilling to participate in the event, then don't complain about not getting the prizes. If you play but find that it isn't your cup of tea, quit. If you don't play but want the prizes, too darn bad. 

WG is giving away 2 free tanks (valued at something like 80-100$ in their eyes). They obviously feel that a prize like that requires a substantial investment on the part of the players. If you are unwilling to make the investment, then stop carping about it and move on.

Insanefriend #17 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:29

Captain

• Players
  • 44868 battles

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Jun 25 2019 - 09:41, said:

You can hope that they will offer double points in an upcoming episode, rumor was this was happening or did happen on the Asia? server, but I don't know if that was confirmed and there is no guarantee it will happen on the NA server. 

IF this happens, you need to be prepared to grind every waking moment during that particular episode, for obvious reasons. 

Looks like asia did get double rank points.  https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/frontline-episode-4-start/

I hope they bring this to the NA server, even hitting major at minimum every battle this grind is crazy.  It wouldn't be so bad if i enjoyed the mode, but the predictable flow of the game and only one map makes it terrible.  I've been limiting my self to one prestige level per episode so I don't just quit the game entirely.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jun 25 2019 - 17:29.

SporkBoy #18 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 45893 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
If only the masses would get on board and focus getting time on the clock and grinding that rank while ignoring objective turrets until the very last moments.

Too many games with 6+ minutes still on the clock and no generals out of 60 players makes the gring very frustrating.

BlackAngelCom #19 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 17:51

Captain

• Players
  • 9315 battles

View PostJryder, on Jun 25 2019 - 17:23, said:

FL is not a "game", it is an event.

If you are unwilling to participate in the event, then don't complain about not getting the prizes. If you play but find that it isn't your cup of tea, quit. If you don't play but want the prizes, too darn bad. 

WG is giving away 2 free tanks (valued at something like 80-100$ in their eyes). They obviously feel that a prize like that requires a substantial investment on the part of the players. If you are unwilling to make the investment, then stop carping about it and move on.

Your lack of empathy is quite impressive. Go tell mommy upstairs. 

The issue isn't that it is "unwilling." The issue is that if someone has been UNABLE or unaware/not interested to have clocked 20-30 hours a week to the midway point, they cannot do the top rewards without committing time that is somewhere between unrealistic and unhealthy. 

So OP should get  bent, eh?

Shadow_Wolfe #20 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 18:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 52230 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

My understanding is you only need to get to Prestige 8 to get the tank, providing that you did not use any points on the other tanks. I am at Prestige 7 with 14 points, only need to prestige one more time and I will have the 15 points needed to get the tier 9. And you can do at least 2 Prestige levels per week, providing that you play FL exclusively during that week.

During FL week I might be able to play 3 or so hours a night during the week and hit it hard on the weekend to keep me close to the max level. But it takes me longer since most matches I don't make it above LT. If your a good player or at least you follow the ranking guidelines and rank to at least Capt every match, you can go thru the levels quicker. But with the 5 FL left, you can achieve Prestige 8 before the end, you just have to hit it hard during FLs week. And even though I may not make much rank per match, I clean up on the cash. Sitting on 90 mil in the bank and made 20 mil alone for Week 5. I think I started this year with 4 mil in the bank, but FLs has allowed me to clear 15-20 mil per episode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users