Possible fog of war option/day for Advances?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bilzbobaggins #1 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 20:13

Captain

• Players
  • 47307 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

Advances are the closest thing to a clan war simulation.  I like the advantage/stat option that fog of war gives you. When you load in an Advance and see the tanks, you can pretty much guess if a team is attacking or defending.  I believe having an option to turn fog of war on for the advance and matching you up against other clans that have it toggled on would lead to a better simulation of calling a clan war match.  Or perhaps one day a week all advances have fog of war?

Hope this is clear as I have great difficulty in typing my thoughts.

Thanks 

dave_292 #2 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28024 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Its hard on the system to have fog  of war. It has led to mass lags and other issues in CW when you spot too many of the team. Not to say I would not want it. Its just going to require too much for WOT to do it.

Purpleish #3 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 20:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25889 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK
Yeah, I totally agree with you that adding fog of war would simulate a much more realistic clan wars environment and would be a better training tool. Also making the battle time limit 15 mins instead of 10 mins would also give clans a better fight instead of just bum-rushed plays.

QuicksilverJPR #4 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 27785 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postdave_292, on Jun 25 2019 - 14:33, said:

Its hard on the system to have fog  of war. It has led to mass lags and other issues in CW when you spot too many of the team. Not to say I would not want it. Its just going to require too much for WOT to do it.

How in the hell do you figure that?  So you're saying that having less graphics and less text somehow lead to more lag and other issues?  

The real problem was probably the toaster they were using as a server couldn't handle the load that was being pushed on it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users