Jump to content


Premium vs Reward Tank


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DiomedesRS6 #1 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 20:56

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 24050 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    06-09-2017

I understand that Reward Tanks are a subset of Premium Tanks with less credit-earning potential.  Having said that, the only Premium Tanks I own are the result of being rewarded (as I don't spend dollars on this game) so all of my tanks, to me, are Reward Tanks.  In the Research section of my tanks with orange name plates, they all say "More Credits for Each Battle" but that's probably pretty misleading.

 

Can someone tell me if these tanks are normal, high-credit Premium tanks or merely Reward Tanks?

  • King Tiger (Captured)
  • TS-5
  • Stug IV
  • Dicker Max
  • Churchill III
  • IS-6B
  • T34B
  • M41 90 GF
  • Pz IV hydrostat
  • Valentine II
  • T-34-85M
  • Cromwell B
  • M10 RBFM
  • Matilda BP
  • Emil 1951

 

Or if you can point me to a resource that shows how I can differentiate between the two kinds of tank, I'd appreciate it!



__WarChild__ #2 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:08

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29990 battles
  • 5,069
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Jun 25 2019 - 13:56, said:

 

  • Stug IV - Reward Tank

 

 

The Stug is the only one I see that would fall under the category of Reward Tank.  It doesn't make many credits. The only other one that might be a Reward Tank is the M10 RBFM.

 

I'm sure someone more expert than me will be able to provide a chart of earnings for each.



13Disciple #3 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:10

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24085 battles
  • 147
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

The only tank in your list that does not earn premium credits is the Stug IV. This is a reward tank from the first campaign. The rest are considered premium tanks and will earn additional credits, and crew training experience.

 

Off the top of my head the only reward tanks I can think of that aren't tier 10, are the from the campaigns. The tanks earned there do not earn extra credits or exp. Apart from those the remaining reward tanks are tier 10s, which are from discontinued lines (Foch, FV215b, etc) or they are reward tanks earned exclusively from clan wars (Obj 907, Chieftain).

 

The rest are premium tanks, and will earn extra credits and experience.



mlinke #4 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52792 battles
  • 1,424
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
They are all premium tanks. They all can use crew from other tanks without penalty. Some of them make more credits and some have preferential mm. Reward tanks are sometimes true premiums that make credits too. It depends of a tank. There is a study of each tank online. Make a table and mark all of ones you are interested in. For eg. My 111wz makes tons of credits but no pref mm, is6 black same tier makes credits, and has pref mm. Both premium tanks. Both reward tanks. Go online and do some searching. Post results.

DiomedesRS6 #5 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:20

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 24050 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    06-09-2017
Awesome, thanks for the replies!

PotatoLegend99 #6 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:22

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35388 battles
  • 713
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014
Reward tanks are basically premium tanks that aren't and will never be available to purchase for money or gold. Examples are campaign tanks, clan war tanks, and removed tech tree tanks. The vast majority of them don't get earn extra credits and XP like normal premium tanks do.

Jryder #7 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 21:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles
  • 2,545
  • Member since:
    11-01-2010

View Postmlinke, on Jun 25 2019 - 12:20, said:

They are all premium tanks. They all can use crew from other tanks without penalty. Some of them make more credits and some have preferential mm. Reward tanks are sometimes true premiums that make credits too. It depends of a tank. There is a study of each tank online. Make a table and mark all of ones you are interested in. For eg. My 111wz makes tons of credits but no pref mm, is6 black same tier makes credits, and has pref mm. Both premium tanks. Both reward tanks. Go online and do some searching. Post results.

I assume that when you refer to the "111wz" you mean the WZ 111. If that's the case, when did the Wz 111 stop having Preferential MM? Everything I have ever read/watched about it says it has PMM.



warp103 #8 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32085 battles
  • 405
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostJryder, on Jun 25 2019 - 15:47, said:

I assume that when you refer to the "111wz" you mean the WZ 111. If that's the case, when did the Wz 111 stop having Preferential MM? Everything I have ever read/watched about it says it has PMM.

he is wrong the 111 never see t10 unless tooned with a tank that can



_Brew_ #9 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 23383 battles
  • 2,861
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Jun 25 2019 - 14:56, said:

I understand that Reward Tanks are a subset of Premium Tanks with less credit-earning potential.  Having said that, the only Premium Tanks I own are the result of being rewarded (as I don't spend dollars on this game) so all of my tanks, to me, are Reward Tanks.  In the Research section of my tanks with orange name plates, they all say "More Credits for Each Battle" but that's probably pretty misleading.

 

Can someone tell me if these tanks are normal, high-credit Premium tanks or merely Reward Tanks?

  • King Tiger (Captured)
  • TS-5
  • Stug IV *
  • Dicker Max
  • Churchill III *
  • IS-6B *
  • T34B
  • M41 90 GF
  • Pz IV hydrostat *
  • Valentine II *
  • T-34-85M
  • Cromwell B
  • M10 RBFM
  • Matilda BP *
  • Emil 1951

 

Or if you can point me to a resource that shows how I can differentiate between the two kinds of tank, I'd appreciate it!

 

Premium tanks are in GOLD

Reward tanks are in GREEN

Special Matchmaking tanks get a *

 

I used https://worldoftanks.com/en/tankopedia/#wot&w_m=tanks to get the results.

 

All these tanks can accept a crew of the same type and nation without retraining and no penalty to their skills.  However, only premium tanks will offer the credit bonuses.

 

 



1919Eternal #10 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:43

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 58709 battles
  • 406
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
  • Member since:
    07-17-2014
The Emil 1951 earns credits like a premium?  I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. 

AverageWannabe #11 Posted Jun 25 2019 - 22:49

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6385 battles
  • 1,365
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018
stug iv trains crews like a premium. Not sure about the credits though. Same thing about the french wolverine

read_these_nikes #12 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 00:01

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18372 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    02-13-2015

View Post_Brew_, on Jun 25 2019 - 13:36, said:

 

Premium tanks are in GOLD

Reward tanks are in GREEN

Special Matchmaking tanks get a *

 

The ones about which I'm unsure are left untouched.

 

All these tanks can accept a crew of the same type and nation without retraining and no penalty to their skills.  However, only premium tanks will offer the xp and credit bonuses for your performance in the battle.

 

 

the only reward tank in his list is the stug iv.  the m10 is a premium not a reward tank. 



Canadian_Mano #13 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 00:33

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 35461 battles
  • 492
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Jun 25 2019 - 15:56, said:

I understand that Reward Tanks are a subset of Premium Tanks with less credit-earning potential.  Having said that, the only Premium Tanks I own are the result of being rewarded (as I don't spend dollars on this game) so all of my tanks, to me, are Reward Tanks.  In the Research section of my tanks with orange name plates, they all say "More Credits for Each Battle" but that's probably pretty misleading.

 

Can someone tell me if these tanks are normal, high-credit Premium tanks or merely Reward Tanks?

  • King Tiger (Captured) +creds
  • TS-5 +creds
  • Stug IV
  • Dicker Max +creds
  • Churchill III +creds
  • IS-6B +creds
  • T34B +creds
  • M41 90 GF +creds
  • Pz IV hydrostat +creds
  • Valentine II +creds
  • T-34-85M +creds
  • Cromwell B +creds
  • M10 RBFM +creds
  • Matilda BP +creds
  • Emil 1951 +creds

 

Or if you can point me to a resource that shows how I can differentiate between the two kinds of tank, I'd appreciate it!


if the tank has a gold nameplate in garage, it's a premium, if the only way to get it is thru missions, it's a reward, they are not mutually exclusive. as for credit earning, just inspect the vehicle in garage, right click and hit research, it'll list what the vehicle offers.



__WarChild__ #14 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 03:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29990 battles
  • 5,069
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View Post_Brew_, on Jun 25 2019 - 15:36, said:

 

Premium tanks are in GOLD

Reward tanks are in GREEN

Special Matchmaking tanks get a *

 

 

I wasn't sure about the M10 because mine seems to make pretty good credits, but I got the Ace after a few games and put it in my reserve garage.  Not really my kind of tank.

 

View Post1919Eternal, on Jun 25 2019 - 15:43, said:

The Emil 1951 earns credits like a premium?  I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. 

 

Yes, it does.  Mine earns nice credits.



_Brew_ #15 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 03:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 23383 battles
  • 2,861
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 25 2019 - 21:51, said:

 

I wasn't sure about the M10 because mine seems to make pretty good credits, but I got the Ace after a few games and put it in my reserve garage.  Not really my kind of tank.

 

 

Yes, it does.  Mine earns nice credits.

 

It could be the M10 RBFM earns the extra credits/xp.  Maybe we can get someone to verify that.



_Brew_ #16 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 13:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 23383 battles
  • 2,861
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Post_Brew_, on Jun 25 2019 - 21:53, said:

 

It could be the M10 RBFM earns the extra credits/xp.  Maybe we can get someone to verify that.

According to their own Tankopedia here: https://worldoftanks.com/en/tankopedia/#wot&w_m=tanks

The M10 RBFM is a premium, not a reward.  So you will get all the bonuses.

 

It said the same for both the King Tiger C and the Emil 51.

 

 



Taylor3006 #17 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 12:14

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2228 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016
I have a related question. I have the Captured King Tiger in my garage, is it a rental or is it mine? I am a Amazon Prime customer, have been for years and don't expect to cancel that (use it for far more than Twitch Rewards) but if I cancel my Amazon/Twitch account do I lose the tank? 

arrrgh #18 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 12:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 69922 battles
  • 280
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011

View Post13Disciple, on Jun 25 2019 - 20:10, said:

The only tank in your list that does not earn premium credits is the Stug IV. This is a reward tank from the first campaign. The rest are considered premium tanks and will earn additional credits, and crew training experience.

 

Off the top of my head the only reward tanks I can think of that aren't tier 10, are the from the campaigns. The tanks earned there do not earn extra credits or exp. Apart from those the remaining reward tanks are tier 10s, which are from discontinued lines (Foch, FV215b, etc) or they are reward tanks earned exclusively from clan wars (Obj 907, Chieftain).

 

The rest are premium tanks, and will earn extra credits and experience.


There is also the tier 8 USA med, T95E2.    The reward from the old invite a friend program.    These tanks used to be called 'gift' tanks, not sure when they changed terminology. 

 



Griffon327327 #19 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 12:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 88090 battles
  • 1,124
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Jun 25 2019 - 20:22, said:

Reward tanks are basically premium tanks that aren't and will never be available to purchase for money or gold. Examples are campaign tanks, clan war tanks, and removed tech tree tanks. The vast majority of them don't get earn extra credits and XP like normal premium tanks do.


reward tanks are simply tanks you can swap same type of crew with no penalty.. nothing more . consider them a "broken" crw trainer with all the yee haw turned off .. they might also be cheaper to repair but thats about it .



_Brew_ #20 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 14:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 23383 battles
  • 2,861
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostTaylor3006, on Jun 30 2019 - 06:14, said:

I have a related question. I have the Captured King Tiger in my garage, is it a rental or is it mine? I am a Amazon Prime customer, have been for years and don't expect to cancel that (use it for far more than Twitch Rewards) but if I cancel my Amazon/Twitch account do I lose the tank? 

You can use it as long as you are subscribed to Prime.  If you let your membership lapse, the tank will become locked for play.  So think it of it like a leased vehicle.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users