1984BigBrother #1 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 18:40

Competitive Gaming Manager

• Administrator
  • 16881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

The regulations for the upcoming campaign have been posted here:
https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/fire-trail-regulations/

I am opening this post to answer any questions you may still have. I will be checking this post once a day to respond but also asking some of the top clans if they can share their experience with you here as well

GL HF,

Big

The_GreatOne #2 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 20:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44628 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

13.2.2. Once the event is over, the cost of the reward vehicles is displayed as a number of personal Fame Points. The cost will be equal to the number of personal Fame Points earned by the player who took position 2,200 in the Alley of Fame. In addition to personal Fame Points, to receive a reward vehicle, a player will need 4,000 bonds.

It was top 2,700 last time.. wth is this... there was more people competing in the last campaign than the previous 3 campaigns before that...

Das_Junka #3 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 20:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22061 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
Lot of high end players have both 907 and chieftain so I doubt it will be as busy as last tank campaign.

Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Jun 26 2019 - 20:21.

Dab_3_For_Balance #4 Posted Jun 26 2019 - 22:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47813 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Is there a reason why you guys aren't offering the VK 72.01 K or T95E6? What if people already have all the tanks except for VK or T95E6? There is pretty much no reason for them to even bother playing then.

ItzRocket #5 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 00:51

Captain

• WGLNA Silver League Player
  • 53044 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
I hope the rewards price's for fame are something manageable this time, also I think that both fame AND bonds is not a good idea to get a tank at all, its like using two currencies to purchase something, be fair to the players and take only bonds or fame, there's no reason to take both.

eraser1 #6 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 01:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19309 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Jun 26 2019 - 15:54, said:

Is there a reason why you guys aren't offering the VK 72.01 K or T95E6? What if people already have all the tanks except for VK or T95E6? There is pretty much no reason for them to even bother playing then.

They did something similar last year, where they only offered the medium tank rewards. It's unfortunate, but it is what WG have decided to do, and it is somewhat consistent with previous behavior.

I would just be glad that they're making the Chieftain available this time - although I am also personally bummed that they aren't offering the VK.

View PostItzRocket, on Jun 26 2019 - 17:51, said:

I hope the rewards price's for fame are something manageable this time, also I think that both fame AND bonds is not a good idea to get a tank at all, its like using two currencies to purchase something, be fair to the players and take only bonds or fame, there's no reason to take both.

I don't have much of an issue with the fame price. It's not like you'll be able to use that currency for anything else later.

Although I will agree that charging bonds for the tank is... less than preferable. Still, there will always be people who complain. Personally, this system is far less prone to abuse (and more "fair" than previous campaigns' "tank licenses" mechanics.

Edited by eraser1, Jun 27 2019 - 02:05.

1984BigBrother #7 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 00:09

• Administrator
  • 16881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostThe_GreatOne, on Jun 26 2019 - 19:18, said:

13.2.2. Once the event is over, the cost of the reward vehicles is displayed as a number of personal Fame Points. The cost will be equal to the number of personal Fame Points earned by the player who took position 2,200 in the Alley of Fame. In addition to personal Fame Points, to receive a reward vehicle, a player will need 4,000 bonds.

It was top 2,700 last time.. wth is this... there was more people competing in the last campaign than the previous 3 campaigns before that...

Yes we are expecting a small dip due to this time being in the summer, They also upped the number that will be available in the auction

1984BigBrother #8 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 00:17

• Administrator
  • 16881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostItzRocket, on Jun 26 2019 - 23:51, said:

Okay so I have heard this from a few people and I wanted to better explain. Before Personal Fame Points (PFP) if you got the tank and didn't want it or already had it you had no other option. This system basically gives you other options of rewards to get if you already have it or don't want it. They also did not make it any more "difficult" to get. Example,  Before - Top 1000 get the tank you are number 1000 and are not going to get it you now get nothing, now - They take the total of PFP that number 1000 has and makes that the cost so number 1000 could get the exact same thing as before or could choose to use their PFP to get bonds, customizations, or other stuff. I guess the main point I am trying to make is we didn't make it cost "more" then it did before even though it seems like we did

Edited by 1984BigBrother, Jun 28 2019 - 00:19.

1984BigBrother #9 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 00:22

• Administrator
  • 16881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostMeAndTheBoysInA_Tank, on Jun 26 2019 - 21:54, said:

The reasoning I got from the devs is this is the way the "summer" events have always worked, not all the tanks will be available. It is a shorter campaign, too. Not saying this is a good reason but it is the one I got. 

_Murdock_o7 #10 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 10:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 35735 battles
  • [NEPE-] NEPE-
It seems to me that the fact of having so many rewards available and not being able to obtain them, in my opinion is not good, I say this because the 2,200 player will only be able to obtain the tank, since he will not have Fame Points to claim any other rewards. This, according to my point of view, continues to be for the direct benefit of the Clans and Players who are always in the Top, they have enough to claim Tank and have enough to afford to get what they like, while the others, the tank and nothing else. It should be a little more equitable.

waikin_alter #11 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 18:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13942 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

View Post_Murdock_o7, on Jun 28 2019 - 10:31, said:

It seems to me that the fact of having so many rewards available and not being able to obtain them, in my opinion is not good, I say this because the 2,200 player will only be able to obtain the tank, since he will not have Fame Points to claim any other rewards. This, according to my point of view, continues to be for the direct benefit of the Clans and Players who are always in the Top, they have enough to claim Tank and have enough to afford to get what they like, while the others, the tank and nothing else. It should be a little more equitable.

mate if you want rewards the answer is simple, get good. Whats the point of having cw rewards if you give them to everyone????

destro19 #12 Posted Jun 29 2019 - 02:22

Private

• Players
  • 13387 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Post_Murdock_o7, on Jun 28 2019 - 09:31, said:

Previous campaigns offered the tank for those that make the cut and digi camos for certain percentages. That's it. Now you have the choice of extra bonds, female crew, directives, credits, premium account and personal reserves. The only people that don't benefit from this new system over the old one are those that can buy only the tank and nothing else.

So net negative for 1-3 people and net positive for thousands. 

Warr_i_or #13 Posted Jul 06 2019 - 19:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27409 battles
  • [E-WAR] E-WAR
Any clans recruiting for FT GM battles? I'm currently in a clan but not enough active members to participate. Send message in game, I'm on most of the Day and evening. Thank you, Warr_i_or.

__Worm__ #14 Posted Jul 06 2019 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 35339 battles

so thinking how bout if you don't have enough fame points but have a certain threshold you meet for participation and your fame points carry over.

It would help the lesser clans that enthusiastically participate to eventually get a tank.

kinda like how in front lines you start where you left off.

Unicum_Thumper #15 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 07:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7297 battles

View Postwaikin_umu, on Jun 28 2019 - 12:30, said:

mate if you want rewards the answer is simple, get good. Whats the point of having cw rewards if you give them to everyone????

Mate if you want to post your Wn8 like it makes your voice more important you can always join the Asia server. 

The point is simple. The campaign is rigged to the upper clans and their alt accounts in clans like teach snpai and opic. And then later selling their accounts with no punishment.

It's not a bout the community as a whole. like it should be. Wargaming needs to crack down on the multi accounts and make it so only one account from that ip can be credited the tank. cause that takes away from he community. honestly they should only charge half the fame points plus the bonds. not the full fame of the lowest 2200 player. cause all they get then is a tank and a skin. at least allow them to get a few bonds and female crew members on top. if anything. but once again. this is catered to all the arrogant idiots who think they matter more to the game with their Purple WN8. WN8 doesnt mean anything in clan battles. just means you are good in pubs. keep it up you arrogant idiots. you are the reason this game is dying. 

Edited by Unicum_Thumper, Jul 15 2019 - 07:05.

Avalon304 #16 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 08:47

Major

• Players
  • 23963 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostUnicum_Thumper, on Jul 14 2019 - 23:03, said:

Mate if you want to post your Wn8 like it makes your voice more important you can always join the Asia server. 

The point is simple. The campaign is rigged to the upper clans and their alt accounts in clans like teach snpai and opic. And then later selling their accounts with no punishment.

It's not a bout the community as a whole. like it should be. Wargaming needs to crack down on the multi accounts and make it so only one account from that ip can be credited the tank. cause that takes away from he community. honestly they should only charge half the fame points plus the bonds. not the full fame of the lowest 2200 player. cause all they get then is a tank and a skin. at least allow them to get a few bonds and female crew members on top. if anything. but once again. this is catered to all the arrogant idiots who think they matter more to the game with their Purple WN8. WN8 doesnt mean anything in clan battles. just means you are good in pubs. keep it up you arrogant idiots. you are the reason this game is dying. 

Clan wars has never been about the "community as a whole". Its meant for the players who want to play a competitive mode, with all the things that that means, including someones better performance getting them more prizes.

Also since WN8 is a reflection of skill (along with win rate and other stats) it means quite a bit in CW. If youre more skilled you win more. If you win more you get more fame. If you get more fame you get more prizes. So literally... if you want more prizes win more battles. If your clan isnt winning enough either improve as a clan or find a new clan while will allow you to also get more fame, and there for more prizes.

Unicum_Thumper #17 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7297 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Jul 15 2019 - 02:47, said:

Clan wars has never been about the "community as a whole". Its meant for the players who want to play a competitive mode, with all the things that that means, including someones better performance getting them more prizes.

Also since WN8 is a reflection of skill (along with win rate and other stats) it means quite a bit in CW. If youre more skilled you win more. If you win more you get more fame. If you get more fame you get more prizes. So literally... if you want more prizes win more battles. If your clan isnt winning enough either improve as a clan or find a new clan while will allow you to also get more fame, and there for more prizes.

Mate you are in SNPAI. So no one care's about a bunch of toxic raging double accounts from MAHOU. You sir are an idiot, THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT THE COMMUNITY>>>>  With out the lesser clans. you dont have a game to play. WN8 means nothing. it means by yourself in a pub game you are better. several clans with less wn8 have farmed you guys this campaign. Plus SNPAI will just die in a month or two. as it always does. So keep pounding your chest about WN8 i literally dont care what you think about WN8. XP means more than WN8. but you idiots have to do it all. if the game only put you in WN8 brackets. you guys would rage. Cause your WN8 would go down the toilet with your wallets. 

Hellsfog #18 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 38361 battles

View PostUnicum_Thumper, on Jul 15 2019 - 14:24, said:

Mate you are in SNPAI. So no one care's about a bunch of toxic raging double accounts from MAHOU. You sir are an idiot, THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT THE COMMUNITY>>>>  With out the lesser clans. you dont have a game to play. WN8 means nothing. it means by yourself in a pub game you are better. several clans with less wn8 have farmed you guys this campaign. Plus SNPAI will just die in a month or two. as it always does. So keep pounding your chest about WN8 i literally dont care what you think about WN8. XP means more than WN8. but you idiots have to do it all. if the game only put you in WN8 brackets. you guys would rage. Cause your WN8 would go down the toilet with your wallets. 

That's a bit of an over reaction.  There's no reason to be upset that somebody is doing better than you in tanks when you're doing just fine.  Besides, what did the other guy say that was wrong, other than having slightly better stats than yours?  Is the campaign not about winning? Campaigns have never been about community, ever. They are bare naked survival of the fittest. If WG wanted campaigns to be about community, they would not have invented personal fame points. 

You've qualified for a tank. There's no reason to be angry.  Pick one and go enjoy it.

Avalon304 #19 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 23963 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostUnicum_Thumper, on Jul 15 2019 - 12:24, said:

I was also in BRVE and WONKA the past two campaigns. My opinion has remained the same. Want more prizes? Get better, both as a clan and as a player. Really is that simple.

CW campaigns have never been "about the community". Theyre about competing to be the best of the best and get a sick [edited]tank. They arent about letting every clan have a seat at the table and letting everyone get all the prizes they want with less work.

Keep crying, because the only one raging here is you. Im just entertained by it. 

Also: You generally get a higher WN8 by doing thats that will, on average, also give you more XP.... so... theyre also linked.

Also also: lel I joined SNPAI literally this campaign, specifically for the duration of it so I could get a tank... if I would a MAHOU double account I'd either have already been in it... or just been in MAHOU... and while Id love to one day be in MAHOU, Im not that good yet.

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 15 2019 - 12:40, said:

That's a bit of an over reaction.  There's no reason to be upset that somebody is doing better than you in tanks when you're doing just fine.  Besides, what did the other guy say that was wrong, other than having slightly better stats than yours?  Is the campaign not about winning? Campaigns have never been about community, ever. They are bare naked survival of the fittest. If WG wanted campaigns to be about community, they would not have invented personal fame points. 

You've qualified for a tank. There's no reason to be angry.  Pick one and go enjoy it.

I said something he didnt like, despite it being the truth.

Unicum_Thumper #20 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 22:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7297 battles
You guys are literally autistic. im done waisting my breath with idiots. go on keep killing the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users