premium time Gold missions bonds tank exchange

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FredSmith #1 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29302 battles
  • [MUG-F] MUG-F

I know this is going to sound crazy. The game of World of Tanks is dying. In the height of it power here in the United States (or NA server) it stood about 40k players. Now we struggle to get 15k players online at the same time. clans are dying and the game as a whole is falling apart. We didn't get ranked battles because the numbers were too low.

If I am wrong, prove it.

My suggestion to at least keep the players that war-gaming has is place a self paying system in place. With up front cost of course. It exists in World of Warplanes and other titles. say I complete missions difficult missions. Like say kill 50 tanks in a day, and get say 250 gold for it. Keep in mind this is completely hypothetical. The missions are suppose to be attainable. or make a day of premium time worth so many bonds. make the game self paying. make something difficult to earn like bonds to let players choose what to do with it.

make a conversion rate for Bonds for Gold,

50 bonds --> 5gold.

Just some suggestions on Bond pricing

Garage slots worth 500 bonds. as well as 300 gold.

Barracks slots worth 500 Bonds

Dismount equipment 100 Bonds

Premium (wargaming) 350 bonds a day

bank Free XP conversion rate also for gold

Leave WOT premium time for Gold for now.

Make a premium tank exchange between players. Let the players sell tanks to other players. Excluding reward tanks and standard tech tree tanks. When selling it to another player let them come up with the price whether it be for gold or for credits or even one of the other players tanks.

WG may never do this I understand. but they just sold a Type 59 G on the black market. They are scrounging for money and are ether about to implode or die. Maybe not this year or next year. But if Wargaming wants to survive then they are going have to do something. Why not make the game self-paying. it will keep players around.

Edited by FredSmith, Jun 30 2019 - 00:30.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 43009 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostFredSmith, on Jun 30 2019 - 00:29, said:

WG may never do this I understand. but they just sold a Type 59 G on the black market. They are scrounging for money and are ether about to implode or die. Maybe not this year or next year. But if Wargaming wants to survive then they are going have to do something. Why not make the game self-paying. it will keep players around.

They sold it on all servers, including RU and EU both of which are doing fine.

RagingBlueberry #3 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1756 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
The type 59g cost no real money so.....

FredSmith #4 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29302 battles
  • [MUG-F] MUG-F

The Type 59 G was $100 worth of Gold and I know they sold it on all servers. Why would they sell the very tank everyone wants or a variant of it unless they are hurting somewhere? Quickybaby did a video about state of the game back in Dec 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veYZ1iiqOng

Garandster #5 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5950 battles

1. We don't "struggle" to hit 15k players at a time.

2. After the data from the first episode they are thinking that the new ranked system may actually be viable on NA, we'll see. (We are still getting a substitute that's not the heavily divided new ranked to get us the first episode rewards)

3.The Type 59G was something the player base wanted, a way to soak up all their loot box gold.

4. Bonds are too valuable to waste on things like a premium day or barrack slots or garage slots or standard equipment demount. They are cheap and an individual that needs large quantities of any of these that they can't afford to sustain with the gold they are earning already is most likely not F2P and the gold "cost" would be far cheaper. Showdown Saturday = 300 gold for example, the amount of bonds at even 10:1 wouldn't be worth the time since it would take so much longer to get 3k bonds then a day or two grind if you don't already have a tank. The same applies to the 3 days of premium you get from participating too, the time sync for bond farming to get it would far exceed that of obtaining it for just playing.

5. They will be selling premium/reward tanks for bonds soon and if you have way too many then play a campaign and bid them all on a reward tank.

Edit: With my loot box gold I'm still living off, the Type 59G was only about $34-35

Edit2: Just because a company sold something to make money doesn't mean they are dying, they are doing what businesses do, and looking at the rate they sold out, I have no doubt the game still has the paying player base to run it for years.

Edited by Garandster, Jun 30 2019 - 00:56.

cKy_ #6 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 00:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 4128 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

NA doesn't struggle to hit 15k players lmbo

Still regularly exceeds 20k

dunniteowl #7 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 01:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 30263 battles

View PostFredSmith, on Jun 29 2019 - 17:29, said:

I know this is going to sound crazy. The game of World of Tanks is dying. In the height of it power here in the United States (or NA server) it stood about 40k players. Now we struggle to get 15k players online at the same time. clans are dying and the game as a whole is falling apart. We didn't get ranked battles because the numbers were too low.

If I am wrong, prove it.

My suggestion to at least keep the players that war-gaming has is place a self paying system in place. With up front cost of course. It exists in World of Warplanes and other titles. say I complete missions difficult missions. Like say kill 50 tanks in a day, and get say 250 gold for it. Keep in mind this is completely hypothetical. The missions are suppose to be attainable. or make a day of premium time worth so many bonds. make the game self paying. make something difficult to earn like bonds to let players choose what to do with it.

make a conversion rate for Bonds for Gold,

50 bonds --> 5gold.

Just some suggestions on Bond pricing

Garage slots worth 500 bonds. as well as 300 gold.

Barracks slots worth 500 Bonds

Dismount equipment 100 Bonds

Premium (wargaming) 350 bonds a day

bank Free XP conversion rate also for gold

Leave WOT premium time for Gold for now.

Make a premium tank exchange between players. Let the players sell tanks to other players. Excluding reward tanks and standard tech tree tanks. When selling it to another player let them come up with the price whether it be for gold or for credits or even one of the other players tanks.

Please note the number of players.  I took it just before I posted it.

Posted Image

You are at least mistaken in one of your claims.  I do not personally have data that I can use to dispute, however this one was relatively easy to grab.

OvO

venom286 #8 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 04:38

Captain

• Players
  • 42255 battles
I like alot of those ideas but wargaming would never go for it.I mean as a solo that never does clan wars or tourneys i would like to see more options.The way I used to get extra gold is on track missions ,I owned all the premium tanks ,and I would Grind the on track to get the tank that I already owned, and I would get gold ,And getting to the last stage was not easy at all .I wish they would bring that back or something similar to it.But what ever I have all the premiums tanks I could ever want ,and  all I really need to do now is buy premium time which is not to bad its what 12 bucks a month ,and being on NA we have scavenger hunt codes for boosters so that really helps alot.It would be nice to have more gold options , but they do give us alot to help with grinding tank lines and so on ,so I cant really complain to much.as always good luck reading this  .

FredSmith #9 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 08:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29302 battles
  • [MUG-F] MUG-F

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 30 2019 - 01:59, said:

Please note the number of players.  I took it just before I posted it.

Posted Image

You are at least mistaken in one of your claims.  I do not personally have data that I can use to dispute, however this one was relatively easy to grab.

OvO

Please note that this is 4th of July weekend and at 2 in the morning. There is going to be more players. I might be a little off on my estimates in numbers. And I was estimating. I didn't exactly have a map of all players online at the any given time.

ChaseR392 #10 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 09:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7459 battles

View PostFredSmith, on Jun 30 2019 - 08:27, said:

Please note that this is 4th of July weekend and at 2 in the morning. 

Yes its 2am in the morning.... it was higher at the peak time during the evening.

I usually play at least a few games every day. The NA server is usually 15k+ on weeknights and 20k+ on weekends.

A 9 year old online game that still retains 50% of historical peak of online traffic is not dying IMO.

cKy_ #11 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 11:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 4128 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostChaseR392, on Jun 30 2019 - 20:23, said:

A 9 year old online game that still retains 50% of historical peak of online traffic is not dying IMO.

You couldn't be more correct.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 14:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 30263 battles

View PostFredSmith, on Jun 30 2019 - 01:27, said:

Please note that this is 4th of July weekend and at 2 in the morning. There is going to be more players. I might be a little off on my estimates in numbers. And I was estimating. I didn't exactly have a map of all players online at the any given time.

Fred I don't know what time zone you're in, but I posted that, according to the timestamp on it at 6:59pm my time in Texas.  That means it was only 4:59pm in California and only 7:59 pm in Boston.  Not exactly "Peak Playing Time" and it was NOT on a 4th of July Weekend, today is STILL only the 30th, the 4th of July is 5 more days away.  At the peak point of Summer in the US, more people are expected to be out doing things instead of in playing games at the time that I posted that image.  Or having dinner.

Anything else?

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users