blueprints tech tree suggestions feedback

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

lenticular #1 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 18:11

Captain

• Players
  • 42437 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM
I've completed the Czech and Swedish tech trees, but still have a few national blueprints for these countries. I'm wondering if WG will come up with something to do with these extra national blueprints. Sure, there could be new branches added in the future, but it'd be great if we could sell them (for bonds?) or convert them to another nation (for credits?).

Buttknuckle #2 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 51744 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I wouldn't hold your breath. There are a bunch of things in game that people have been asking for some ability to trade in/sell since day one (ie, garage slots, bunks, 100%+ crews, emblems, directives)  - blueprints are just the latest.   

lenticular #3 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 42437 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM

View PostButtknuckle, on Jul 01 2019 - 09:27, said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. There are a bunch of things in game that people have been asking for some ability to trade in/sell since day one (ie, garage slots, bunks, 100%+ crews, emblems, directives)  - blueprints are just the latest.   

Not holding my breath. Just suggesting...

Taylor3006 #4 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

I have tons of blueprints for nations and vehicles I have zero interest in. Being able to swap a dozen of them for a Nation or Universal blueprint, seems a no brainer to me. It amazes me just how many I have for lines that I have no interest in yet the tanks I actually want to get, not one fragment.... Not talking top tier vehicles, but low tier tanks. They haven't been any help to me at all, now I don't even bother looking at them. Selling them should be an option since they have no value to me otherwise.. 

To be honest, I was excited when they announced the inclusion of blueprints. Seemed a fun idea and was happy for it. Now that I have seen how it is done, have lost interest in the entire thing and now don't bother to pay it much mind. They just accumulate and litter up my depot. What a terrible implementation of a good idea... 

Edited by Taylor3006, Jul 01 2019 - 19:24.

lenticular #5 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 42437 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 01 2019 - 10:17, said:

I have tons of blueprints for nations and vehicles I have zero interest in. Being able to swap a dozen of them for a Nation or Universal blueprint, seems a no brainer to me. It amazes me just how many I have for lines that I have no interest in yet the tanks I actually want to get, not one fragment.... Not talking top tier vehicles, but low tier tanks. They haven't been any help to me at all, now I don't even bother looking at them. Selling them should be an option since they have no value to me otherwise.. 

Same.

And that goes for special emblems that there's no way in @#$% I'm putting on any tank. Looking at you, Saboton.

The_Iron_Bullet #6 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19683 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
People will always complain about free stuff . . .

Taylor3006 #7 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

View PostThe_Iron_Bullet, on Jul 01 2019 - 12:42, said:

People will always complain about free stuff . . .

I suppose that is true but rarely is something introduced without bugs. Pointing out flaws in a product and asking for innovation/upgrading/change is pretty much what one does in the free market system. Just settling for what is offered is pretty silly when there is room for improvement. Not sure why that is a difficult concept to gronk. 

SquishySupreme #8 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles
Still, to date, I have received 1 national blueprint and have about 40 fragments.  They are outright STINGY with the national ones.  It should be just you collect fragments and put them in, not 3-4 ultra rare national fragments as well.

cKy_ #9 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 20:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 02 2019 - 06:46, said:

I suppose that is true but rarely is something introduced without bugs. Pointing out flaws in a product and asking for innovation/upgrading/change is pretty much what one does in the free market system. Just settling for what is offered is pretty silly when there is room for improvement. Not sure why that is a difficult concept to gronk. 

You don't know what a bug is if you think something as intentional as the way the blueprint system works is a bug.

Taylor3006 #10 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

View PostcKy_, on Jul 01 2019 - 13:53, said:

You don't know what a bug is if you think something as intentional as the way the blueprint system works is a bug.

Really, that is your takeaway from the post? Kind of pathetic. 

Playz4Free #11 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1683 battles
I'm sure they will eventually allow you to convert them. It's sort of a "first world" problem, they know it is an issue, but it's not hurting anyone to just have them there so it will be a lower priority problem. Most likely you will be able to freely convert national fragments to universal fragments. It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will be able to sell them for bonds or credits.

cKy_ #12 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 02 2019 - 08:07, said:

Really, that is your takeaway from the post? Kind of pathetic. 

I take it you really didn't know what a bug was then.

Yes it was my only takeaway because I don't give a crapabout something I get for free that has no value.

Taylor3006 #13 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

View PostcKy_, on Jul 01 2019 - 14:35, said:

I take it you really didn't know what a bug was then.

Yes it was my only takeaway because I don't give a crapabout something I get for free that has no value.

I didn't say the fragments were buggy, was making a general statement about products that are introduced and changed because of customer feedback. Not a difficult concept to gronk. 

ChaseR392 #14 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 06:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8310 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 01 2019 - 19:17, said:

To be honest, I was excited when they announced the inclusion of blueprints. Seemed a fun idea and was happy for it. Now that I have seen how it is done, have lost interest in the entire thing and now don't bother to pay it much mind. They just accumulate and litter up my depot. What a terrible implementation of a good idea... 

Honestly... the more I read your posts the more I'm convinced you simply don't like the game, that nothing WG does will change that, and that you have simply stayed around just to complain....

Although I would not have worded it the same way... I agree that there is nothing wrong with the blueprints or merit drops in general. Regardless of the fancy in-game graphics.... they are simply a random "XP discount" on tech-tree tanks. You'll get some you wanted, some you don't, and you may get some for tanks you were "on the fence" about and the discount in XP will cause to you take a second look at the tank.

Allowing players to trade blueprints fragments they don't want to more universal fragments or worse, National ones is exactly what WG shouldn't do. It may not be your intention... but most new players would use that opportunity to rapidly push up a single line to Tier 10....

National fragments are rare because they are intended to be rare... if you want more, do the Tank Rewards missions. Something tells me blueprint packs are going to be a regular prize for them. The Tier III blueprint reward from the June mission contained enough National fragments to give a player a substantial discount on even a Tier 8 tank....

Taylor3006 #15 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 07:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

View PostChaseR392, on Jul 01 2019 - 23:09, said:

Honestly... the more I read your posts the more I'm convinced you simply don't like the game, that nothing WG does will change that, and that you have simply stayed around just to complain....

Although I would not have worded it the same way... I agree that there is nothing wrong with the blueprints or merit drops in general. Regardless of the fancy in-game graphics.... they are simply a random "XP discount" on tech-tree tanks. You'll get some you wanted, some you don't, and you may get some for tanks you were "on the fence" about and the discount in XP will cause to you take a second look at the tank.

Allowing players to trade blueprints fragments they don't want to more universal fragments or worse, National ones is exactly what WG shouldn't do. It may not be your intention... but most new players would use that opportunity to rapidly push up a single line to Tier 10....

National fragments are rare because they are intended to be rare... if you want more, do the Tank Rewards missions. Something tells me blueprint packs are going to be a regular prize for them. The Tier III blueprint reward from the June mission contained enough National fragments to give a player a substantial discount on even a Tier 8 tank....

I play sporadically usually to farm rewards hopeful that eventually I will enjoy the game more. The game as it is now is not nearly as fun (for me) as WoWS but it is more entertaining than WoWP. I happened to buy a package deal with 30 days of premium time for Tanks so have been playing more than usual. That said, I only offer my opinions on the game as a new Tanks player but also an old hand to Wargaming titles. Personally I want all three of their combat games to improve since I have so much time and money put into them. I would expect Wargaming would want honest feedback of their product and I tend to praise things that I like and am critical of those things I don't like which seems pretty normal to me. If Wargaming is only interested in sycophantic boot licking posts in their forums, they probably should include that in the EULA for each one. Is that clear enough for you?

As I explained, I was thrilled with the introduction of blueprints, seemed a great thing to help with the grind. Course the more I played, the more I realized that grinding the vehicles is easy, the crew grind is where the bottleneck is. Grinding to tier ten is easy, grinding to tier 10 and putting a good crew into that tank is difficult. The introduction of blueprints tells me that Wargaming wants players at higher tiers faster than ever. For what reason I am not sure but can only theorize that there is money to be made from player at the upper tiers, but this is just a guess. Maybe they have data that shows players who use higher tier tanks have better retention numbers.... Just spitballing it.

My suggestion to improve the functionality of blueprints would be helpful to the players in getting tanks that they are interested in. The way they are implemented now makes what could have been an exciting inclusion into the game, just a "meh" sort of thing. I get that you like them they way they are now. I don't. If you have difficulty gronking that, life is going to be very cruel to you.

Edited by Taylor3006, Jul 02 2019 - 07:59.

dunniteowl #16 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 17:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 31293 battles

It's GROK, no GRONK.  You'd only say, "I gronk whad you're sayding," because you have a seriously congested nose.

Please, if you're going to split hairs over some other things, then make sure you grok the meaning and spelling of what you're attempting to say.

OvO

ChaseR392 #17 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 19:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8310 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 02 2019 - 07:44, said:

I would expect Wargaming would want honest feedback of their product and I tend to praise things that I like and am critical of those things I don't like which seems pretty normal to me. 

If you have difficulty gronking that, life is going to be very cruel to you.

I have yet to see you praise a single thing... and most of the time your critical "feedback" you give isn't really feedback, its more akin to going to an event with an open bar and complaining that they don't have your favorite beer. 

In the case of these blueprint fragments.... much like free beer... a logical person's reply to your "feedback" would be to say... "but its free... and you can have as much as you want..."

I literally had to look up "grok".... at nearly 40 years old I'm not sure if I'm too old or too young to get the reference. I guess your little quip was meant as same kind of jab... ? I mean I guess trying to see the positive in everything vs. constantly complaining for the sake of complaining may deal me a cruel hand in life someday...  you may have to wait another 30-40 years find out.

Edited by ChaseR392, Jul 02 2019 - 19:30.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 20:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31293 battles

View PostChaseR392, on Jul 02 2019 - 12:29, said:

I have yet to see you praise a single thing... and most of the time your critical "feedback" you give isn't really feedback, its more akin to going to an event with an open bar and complaining that they don't have your favorite beer. 

In the case of these blueprint fragments.... much like free beer... a logical person's reply to your "feedback" would be to say... "but its free... and you can have as much as you want..."

I literally had to look up "grok".... at nearly 40 years old I'm not sure if I'm too old or too young to get the reference. I guess your little quip was meant as same kind of jab... ? I mean I guess trying to see the positive in everything vs. constantly complaining for the sake of complaining may deal me a cruel hand in life someday...  you may have to wait another 30-40 years find out.

You're WAAAAYYY Too Young unless you are a hard core science fiction buff.  It's dated from when I started reading science fiction in the 1960's.

[edit]

in keeping with my playful nature, I would also offer that some folks' ideas of what they think of as logical makes me feel like a Stranger In a Strange Land myself, right up there with Michael Valentine Smith.

[/edit]

OvO

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jul 02 2019 - 20:34.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #19 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 37050 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 02 2019 - 13:44, said:

View PostChaseR392, on Jul 01 2019 - 23:09, said:

I play sporadically usually to farm rewards hopeful that eventually I will enjoy the game more. The game as it is now is not nearly as fun (for me) as WoWS but it is more entertaining than WoWP. I happened to buy a package deal with 30 days of premium time for Tanks so have been playing more than usual. That said, I only offer my opinions on the game as a new Tanks player but also an old hand to Wargaming titles. Personally I want all three of their combat games to improve since I have so much time and money put into them. I would expect Wargaming would want honest feedback of their product and I tend to praise things that I like and am critical of those things I don't like which seems pretty normal to me. If Wargaming is only interested in sycophantic boot licking posts in their forums, they probably should include that in the EULA for each one. Is that clear enough for you?

As I explained, I was thrilled with the introduction of blueprints, seemed a great thing to help with the grind. Course the more I played, the more I realized that grinding the vehicles is easy, the crew grind is where the bottleneck is. Grinding to tier ten is easy, grinding to tier 10 and putting a good crew into that tank is difficult. The introduction of blueprints tells me that Wargaming wants players at higher tiers faster than ever. For what reason I am not sure but can only theorize that there is money to be made from player at the upper tiers, but this is just a guess. Maybe they have data that shows players who use higher tier tanks have better retention numbers.... Just spitballing it.

My suggestion to improve the functionality of blueprints would be helpful to the players in getting tanks that they are interested in. The way they are implemented now makes what could have been an exciting inclusion into the game, just a "meh" sort of thing. I get that you like them they way they are now. I don't. If you have difficulty gronking that, life is going to be very cruel to you.

"I would expect Wargaming would want honest feedback of their product"

Nothing wrong with that, just know that we as players can't get everything we want.  Surely they have an entire team dedicated into the monetization of this game.  The game is the way it is because few people spend money on games and they rely on big spenders to help out costs a lot. 

"the crew grind is where the bottleneck is. Grinding to tier ten is easy, grinding to tier 10 and putting a good crew into that tank is difficult"

ONLY if you race up the tiers.  If you've gotten to tier 10 and you don't have MINIMUM 3 finished crew skills you're just hurting yourself and your teams because you decided to race up the lines without turning on "accelerate crew training" and working on your crew.

"Wargaming wants players at higher tiers faster than ever"

Well yes....of course.  That's where WG's very kind SOFT paywall kicks in.  Most players cannot play the high tiers without either a prem tank or a prem account, so getting players there is advantageous for monetization.

"My suggestion to improve the functionality of blueprints would be helpful to the players in getting tanks that they are interested in."

I understand that, and I'd like it as well....only on first thought.  It's not good for monetization, it's not good for the overall health of the game either.  You will have people just racing up lines and having little to no crew skills or game knowledge. 

"The way they are implemented now makes what could have been an exciting inclusion into the game, just a "meh" sort of thing."

You don't have many battles, nor many takes researched......it rewards players being here for the long term and playing many games.   Means you will get more of them that are useful and makes sticking around more worth it.

"If you have difficulty gronking that"

Not a word...period, no matter how many times you try to use it in context.

cKy_ #20 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 03:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:03, said:

I didn't say the fragments were buggy, was making a general statement about products that are introduced and changed because of customer feedback. Not a difficult concept to gronk. 

It still isn't a bug. Bugs aren't a difficult concept to grasp (sorry, I don't use made-up words like a toddler).

Also tagged with blueprints, tech tree, suggestions, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users