Scavenger Hunt scavenger

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:33

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

The Scavenger Hunt is back in July, starting today!
It's functionally identical to the May Scavenger Hunt, with a few small quality of life changes. So if you've got questions, make sure you check out the May Scavenger Hunt forum thread, because your question has likely been asked and answered before. 

TL;DR - Every day, one of our Community Contributors will be releasing a Bonus Code at a scheduled time.

Here’s the Catch: Each code is only active for 2 days, starting at 00:00 on July 1st.

1st Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on July 1st to 17:00 CDT on July 3rd.

2nd Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on July 2nd to 17:00 CDT on July 4th

3rd Code: Active from 00:00 CDT on July 3rd to 17:00 CDT on July 5th

...so on and so forth, until July 31st.

TRUVoodoo is kicking off the July Scavenger Hunt on his Youtube Channel! The code is in the description of his most recent video: "The Art of Brawling"

So what exactly does this code give you? A set of personal missions tied directly to how many codes you redeem during the month of May. Here's how they work:

Each code you redeem will give you 1 "Secret Sign" Token. This token allows you to complete Personal Mission: "Scavenger Hunt" 1 time. That means that the number of times you're able to complete this mission directly correlates to how many codes you've gathered. If you gather 5 codes, you'll be able to complete it 5 times.

The more codes you gather during the month of May, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of May Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed. You can review all the missions, and their corresponding rewards in the table below:

MISSION LIST

HOW TO KEEP TRACK

SCHEDULE
We're still filling out the schedule, so make sure you bookmark this page and check back often! All dates listed with TBD will be updated throughout the month. 

Keep an eye on the time that each contributor will be releasing their code! CC's have been instructed not to share their code until their scheduled code drop time! Don't bother asking them for it ahead of time. They aren't allowed to share it with you prior to the time that they are scheduled.

In response to player feedback, contributors have also been asked not to make players jump through any hoops in order to receive their code. That means no "follower-only" codes, "one-letter-at-a-time" releases, etc. (If a contributor is releasing the code one letter at a time, they are obligated to finish and release the entire code at the scheduled time. If a streamer starts up their stream early, they are not obligated to reveal the code until the scheduled time as well.

Please don't harass my CC's. They're all really nice people and they're doing both me and you a favor by signing up for the Scavenger Hunt and creating all this awesome content around it. If you harass my contributors I will curse you with a lifetime of bad RNG and 6-arty games. Okay, I don't actually have the ability to do that but I won't like you very much.

EXPAND TO SEE THE SCHEDULE

"Oh boy, Domo. That's a lot of text, and it's all pretty confusing! Why's this so complicated!?"

I know it seems complicated, but it's really not. It's just really difficult to quickly articulate via text. At a very basic level, here's what you need to know.

1. Redeem a Code

2. Login, place in top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle. 

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 every day, up to 31 times, and get extra prizes.

4. Keep an eye on your tokens to make sure you're using the right tank for your 30th and 31st completions, because these will award XP to the vehicle that's used to complete the mission.

Side notes: 

• You don't have to log in and complete missions every day. The missions are active all month, so you can complete them at your own pace.
  • While you don't have to complete the missions every day, you've only got 2-day windows to redeem the codes themselves.

Today's code is up and working. I've tested the code and the missions, everything appears to be functioning properly.

Update 7/15: 
We received approval for the 3 extra tokens compensation! The tokens are scheduled to go out via a mass invoice on the backend on Monday, 7/22
All Scavenger Hunt participants who have redeemed at least 1 July Scavenger Hunt code before Friday, 7/19 will receive 3 extra Scavenger Hunt tokens on Monday, 7/22.

HOW TO REDEEM A BONUS CODE

Shibadogdog #2 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52333 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
never saw any of them releasing codes early.... many of them were hours after the time listed I hope that was addressed.

PotatoLegend99 #3 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles
The only kind of code I like to see. Thank you for bringing the Scavenger Hunt back!

Kramah313 #4 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 19:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4414 battles
Glad to see this return, thanks Domo! Are we doing the couple of freebies to make redeeming the last couple of codes easier again?

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 30740 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Keep up to date HERE: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/

Best of luck!!

__WarChild__

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 13834 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Have you considered renaming this event "XP Enema" ?

DomoSapien #7 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 21:41

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 01 2019 - 14:28, said:

Have you considered renaming this event "XP Enema" ?

That would fly for about as long as Jambijon renaming himself to "BigDaddyLaxative" did.

View PostShibadogdog, on Jul 01 2019 - 12:39, said:

never saw any of them releasing codes early.... many of them were hours after the time listed I hope that was addressed.

I know that Trobs started streaming an hour early when he did his second code drop last month and was releasing the letters of the code 1 at a time. This is theoretically fine, as long as they release the FULL code at their scheduled time (which he did).

I've also created some guidelines for CC's to follow, one of which is to adhere to the schedule and make sure the full code is available at their scheduled time. It's hard to time these things perfectly when you're tentatively signing up for a timeslot that's almost a month away. Stuff changes, life gets in the way, but I'm hoping we will cut down the frequency of such occurences.

If anything ever comes up, I do my best to notify the forums etc. however if you want to stay completely caught up, your best bet is to join our official community on Discord. I have a dedicated channel for the Scavenger Hunt - Discord is the easiest way to reach me quickly, and it's the best place to stay up-to-date on any news regarding the scavenger hunt.

View PostKramah313, on Jul 01 2019 - 12:46, said:

Glad to see this return, thanks Domo! Are we doing the couple of freebies to make redeeming the last couple of codes easier again?

I need to get the greenlight from the event guys but I'm shooting for it, yeah. The freebies were a pretty common point of positive feedback about May so I'm hoping to get those approved again. 

We can't have the event overlapping into the next month, so it needs to end before August. At the same time, reducing the number of days would reduce the total number of boosters you get from the event and I know a lot of players really look forward to those 50% credit boosts to help with grinding. Seems like the freebies might be the best way to do it. (It also encourages players to get involved with the event early on, rather than just waiting until the end of the month to grab a couple codes.) 

https://discordapp.com/invite/wot-usa

stussy #8 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 17689 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 01 2019 - 12:33, said:

2. Login, place in top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle. 

domo, please clarify.  your post shows top 10 by xp, win or lose.  website news article shows top 12 by xp in 7 wins.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/missions/july-mission-madness-0719/

DomoSapien #9 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:19

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Poststussy, on Jul 01 2019 - 15:07, said:

domo, please clarify.  your post shows top 10 by xp, win or lose.  website news article shows top 12 by xp in 7 wins.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/missions/july-mission-madness-0719/

The Scavenger Hunt has nothing to do with July Mission Madness. These are entirely separate events. My post is specifically for the Scavenger Hunt missions, which function as described above in the OP. 

We decided not to do a separate Scavenger Hunt announcement on the portal this month because it wasn't generating a lot of traffic in May and most of the players participating were using the forums etc. to say up-to-date, not the article itself.

GAJohnnie #10 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Bookmark! Thanks Domo!

stussy #11 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 17689 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
oops.  having a brain fart. my bad.

Taylor3006 #12 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 22:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2417 battles

I really enjoy the Scavenger hunt events, they really help getting my tanks up to elite status. This time around am going to work on my KV2 so I can accelerate crew training... Big problem is getting into the top 10, I kind of suck with heavies, the KV2 in particular since it can be spotted from space. Hopefully I can make top 10 on a loss so I can apply the xp to the tank.. 

BTW I found that by printing a blank calendar and then scratching off each time I redeem a code, that it is far easier than keeping track using tokens and having to be logged into the game. I keep it pinned to a bulletin board near my computer so it is available at a glance. 

hatemKILLall #13 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 23:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 46456 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN

BONUS CODES for NA.................

R2XY7CWT

This ils first code

rogombor #14 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 00:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22214 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

View PostTaylor3006, on Jul 01 2019 - 18:41, said:

I really enjoy the Scavenger hunt events, they really help getting my tanks up to elite status. This time around am going to work on my KV2 so I can accelerate crew training... Big problem is getting into the top 10, I kind of suck with heavies, the KV2 in particular since it can be spotted from space. Hopefully I can make top 10 on a loss so I can apply the xp to the tank.. 

BTW I found that by printing a blank calendar and then scratching off each time I redeem a code, that it is far easier than keeping track using tokens and having to be logged into the game. I keep it pinned to a bulletin board near my computer so it is available at a glance. 

You're probably using it wrong. KV-2 is the WoT equivalent of a shotgun in an FPS, you go close and personal, shoot, and hide to reload.

HMRoyalLancers #15 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 02:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12967 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

I won't be participating in this months scavenger hunt.

This time tomorrow I am flying to Rome and then spending 2 weeks on a boat cruise round the Med'. After that it is a week in Europe followed by a 2 week trip around the UK.

Sadly the CO has ruled that I have to spend time doing 'family things' and no laptop allowed.

If WoT could just put all the important stuff on hold until 15 August that would be great, thanks.

ElfMagi2 #16 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 15:05

Captain

• Players
  • 58717 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED
July 2nd - EK9TEEMR

hatemKILLall #17 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 46456 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN

View PostElfMagi2, on Jul 02 2019 - 15:05, said:

July 2nd - EK9TEEMR

Thank u

Cowabunga_Peppermill_ll #18 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 15:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20800 battles

View PostShibadogdog, on Jul 01 2019 - 13:39, said:

the time is when the stream starts but the steamer can give out code at any point during their stream. it's not suppose to be so easy you don't have to do nothing. put some work in and you will be rewarded

SargeanTravis #19 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2629 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
RIP extra two bonus codes

FrontenacDuVandoo #20 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 18:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15643 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Thanks for bring this back. But...

Seeing that the last code is scheduled to be handed out at 8pm Central time, I'm hoping you guys are giving out a few free tokens like last time around.

Otherwise that will leave us with about 6h to complete the final missions.

Last time around these tokens saved me as I got confused with the codes and missed one, and it was nice to have more than ~24h to claim our final prize.

Seeing the current schedule it puts a serious time constraint on the final prize if we don't get any help.

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Jul 02 2019 - 18:17.

Also tagged with Scavenger Hunt, scavenger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users