Scavenger Hunt scavenger

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #221 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:09

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
So I've been digging through a bunch of account logs with CS this week, (shoutout to the players on discord who volunteered to let me poke around in their garages and try to figure things out) 

There was an issue with the "Redeem CC Codes" mission not being affected by the +3 tokens compensation. So this means that all compensated players have been able to complete "Scavenger Hunt" 3 additional times, but this number isn't being counted towards specifically the "Redeem CC Codes" mission. However the tokens compensation WAS counted towards their totals for the tiered rewards (specifically, the important ones being the 10K and 30K XP rewards.)

Ultimately, the only mission that appears to have been affected is the "Redeem CC Codes" mission, which awards the Food Consumables for collecting 31. It's a bit of a bummer because some players who would have qualified for these food consumables if the 3 extra tokens had brought them up to 31 won't end up receiving the food consumables from the mission itself. However, this should be an easy fix for us after the fact. The important thing is that the 10K and 30K missions are in fact counting the +3 tokens that you all received last week, as compensating you with XP would be a substantially more complicated process than compensating you with food consumables.

All of this said, all players that would have qualified for this mission (collected 28 or more 'secret sign' tokens for the 'redeem cc codes' mission), but didn't receive the rewards due to the +3 not being reflected, will be compensated with the food consumables they should have received, once the event is over.

If there is any discrepancy with your actual tiered reward missions and you feel that you didn't receive the tokens at all, please submit a ticket to customer support before 00:00 CDT on August 1st (tomorrow.) When dealing with customer support, it's important to contact them before the end time for a sale period, event window, etc. They generally have more wiggle room to accommodate you if you don't wait until after something is over to ask them for help.

Edited by DomoSapien, Jul 31 2019 - 20:20.

heavymetal1967 #222 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 73482 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Domo a big plus one for consistently doing a damn fine job of keeping folks informed and going above and beyond to do the right thing.

dnaman #223 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:38

Captain

• Players
  • 32715 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

So if my counter is off (what I’ve been looking at for the 10k and 30k missions) am I at risk of them being put onto wrong tanks?  I think they showed as still not done yesterday.

DrWho_ #224 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 26467 battles

I was able to collect all 31 codes but a friend of mine only got 29 so he'll be happy about this

Thx

RickPatton #225 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 22:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34365 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
Awesome!  Thanks, Domo.

Taylor3006 #226 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3669 battles
Thanks Domo! I was banging my head on the desk thinking that I was missing something trying to complete that last "food" mission... 

TDRHooRaH #227 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 24023 battles

How much time do we have to finish the battles with all the codes we collected?

Just today or what?

Natcat1 #228 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 00:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4938 battles
  • [DRUID] DRUID

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Jul 31 2019 - 23:12, said:

How much time do we have to finish the battles with all the codes we collected?

Just today or what?

yes

Raspian #229 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 01:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41755 battles
  • [D--T] D--T
Yes! Thanks Domo!  I was about to post a QQ on the scavenger hunt when i read your post.  the "redeem CC codes" on mine is 29/31 and i was like, HOW!?  good to know it was a glitch and its gonna pay out anyway.

MudShark92553 #230 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 01:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10323 battles
I got all 34.

Edited by MudShark92553, Aug 01 2019 - 01:06.

stevezaxx #231 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 03:12

Captain

• Players
  • 39575 battles
  • [COD] COD

it seems that i collected all 31 codes, and played no battles....

i may be done.

RetroMan55 #232 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 10:13

Captain

• Players
  • 94650 battles
  • [DWING] DWING
Domo, good job. You are getting very close to a bug free event. +1 to you.

dunniteowl #233 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 14:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I am looking forward to the fix.  I actually have as of yesterday 32 tokens and I still cannot get the "Redeem All CC Codes" to function.  I got the 10K and 30K XP, so it's all good in that department.  I also already submitted a ticket and asked to leave the ticket open until the situation was actually resolved.  So I think I'm good to go in that department as well.

Thanks, Domo!  

Special shout to Domo on this and other things.  I have been online since 1987.  Before we called it the internet, we called it The World Wide Web, which is what www stands for in the URL.  I have also Admined and Moderated on BBSs, Chat Rooms, A game related website where I ran that show while also moderating for AOL and a major game company (sounds like Cryo Hair).

Domo, you are, one of the best forums moderators I have yet to encounter.  I'm honestly glad you're here.

And for those that think I might just be sucking up:  We do not offer enough thanks or congratulations as a civilized society.  We spend way more time complaining and talking about what's wrong and this sort of 'negativizes' our views of things.  I decided a good, long while back, that I, as a social 'contrarian' in some of my views, should take the 'road less traveled' and take the time to compliment and thank folks for being here and doing what they do, and especially so for the more helpful in the room.

SO, once again, THANKS, Domo.  You are appreciated.

OvO

Roman1221 #234 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 16:22

Private

• Players
  • 11765 battles
  • [_SOS_] _SOS_
I have collected 33 Manual tokens for redeeming CC codes and playing a battle, but the 'Redeem All Codes' function shows me with only 30 of 31 iron tokens. Am I not entitled to the 'Food' award?

DomoSapien #235 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 19:03

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 31 2019 - 13:18, said:

Domo a big plus one for consistently doing a damn fine job of keeping folks informed and going above and beyond to do the right thing.

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 01 2019 - 07:00, said:

I am looking forward to the fix.  I actually have as of yesterday 32 tokens and I still cannot get the "Redeem All CC Codes" to function.  I got the 10K and 30K XP, so it's all good in that department.  I also already submitted a ticket and asked to leave the ticket open until the situation was actually resolved.  So I think I'm good to go in that department as well.

Thanks, Domo!  

Special shout to Domo on this and other things.  I have been online since 1987.  Before we called it the internet, we called it The World Wide Web, which is what www stands for in the URL.  I have also Admined and Moderated on BBSs, Chat Rooms, A game related website where I ran that show while also moderating for AOL and a major game company (sounds like Cryo Hair).

Domo, you are, one of the best forums moderators I have yet to encounter.  I'm honestly glad you're here.

And for those that think I might just be sucking up:  We do not offer enough thanks or congratulations as a civilized society.  We spend way more time complaining and talking about what's wrong and this sort of 'negativizes' our views of things.  I decided a good, long while back, that I, as a social 'contrarian' in some of my views, should take the 'road less traveled' and take the time to compliment and thank folks for being here and doing what they do, and especially so for the more helpful in the room.

SO, once again, THANKS, Domo.  You are appreciated.

OvO

Oh stop it, you.

Full disclosure I actually feel like I've been neglecting you guys on the forums a bit. I'm probably the most active staffer in the WOTNA Discord and as a result I get tons of pings and PM's daily. I feel like I haven't been giving the forums enough attention and there are quite a few PM's in my forum inbox that have been backlogged for quite a bit now. 

Going to try and put in some overtime this week and get back to everyone who's still waiting on a reply. Your patience in the meantime is greatly appreciated.

View PostRoman1221, on Aug 01 2019 - 09:22, said:

I have collected 33 Manual tokens for redeeming CC codes and playing a battle, but the 'Redeem All Codes' function shows me with only 30 of 31 iron tokens. Am I not entitled to the 'Food' award?

I posted at the top of this page with details about that, and i've gone ahead and included a quote below just in case. TLDR the consumables mission wasn't affected by the tokens compensation for some reason so we're gonna fix it via a data pull next week and manually payout the food consumables to all qualifying players who didn't receive them.

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 31 2019 - 13:09, said:

So I've been digging through a bunch of account logs with CS this week, (shoutout to the players on discord who volunteered to let me poke around in their garages and try to figure things out) 

There was an issue with the "Redeem CC Codes" mission not being affected by the +3 tokens compensation. So this means that all compensated players have been able to complete "Scavenger Hunt" 3 additional times, but this number isn't being counted towards specifically the "Redeem CC Codes" mission. However the tokens compensation WAS counted towards their totals for the tiered rewards (specifically, the important ones being the 10K and 30K XP rewards.)

Ultimately, the only mission that appears to have been affected is the "Redeem CC Codes" mission, which awards the Food Consumables for collecting 31. It's a bit of a bummer because some players who would have qualified for these food consumables if the 3 extra tokens had brought them up to 31 won't end up receiving the food consumables from the mission itself. However, this should be an easy fix for us after the fact. The important thing is that the 10K and 30K missions are in fact counting the +3 tokens that you all received last week, as compensating you with XP would be a substantially more complicated process than compensating you with food consumables.

All of this said, all players that would have qualified for this mission (collected 28 or more 'secret sign' tokens for the 'redeem cc codes' mission), but didn't receive the rewards due to the +3 not being reflected, will be compensated with the food consumables they should have received, once the event is over.

If there is any discrepancy with your actual tiered reward missions and you feel that you didn't receive the tokens at all, please submit a ticket to customer support before 00:00 CDT on August 1st (tomorrow.) When dealing with customer support, it's important to contact them before the end time for a sale period, event window, etc. They generally have more wiggle room to accommodate you if you don't wait until after something is over to ask them for help.

BlaqWolf #236 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 20:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22521 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 31 2019 - 13:09, said:

There are a *LOT* of major flaws with this whole code thing that need to be fixed, or it needs to be removed entirely.

As for the XP missions at the end of the month... The vehicle it was applied to needs to be displayed when you hover over the reward in the missions tab.  Because I play like... three vehicles, ATM.  NONE of them have gotten a sudden big slug of XP, and I've done the missions.

Phil_Can #237 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 00:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51447 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

Hello,

When is the next scavenger hunt?  Does it start today the 1st of August 2019?

Augerr #238 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 16:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22142 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

It's important to know that the 10k and 30K xp are awarded to the tank you play AFTER you get awarded the 30th and 31st token.  So if I use my vk36 to win the 30th token, on the next match if I play my Type 4 heavy, the type 4 Heavy gets the 10K. OF course it is too late for this month, but maybe for Sept if they run it again.

And also thanks DOMO for the communications, the good the bad and the ugly.  

Edited by Augerr, Aug 02 2019 - 16:08.

GWyatt #239 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4282 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostPhil_Can, on Aug 01 2019 - 18:30, said:

Hello,

When is the next scavenger hunt?  Does it start today the 1st of August 2019?

The Scavenger Hunts are every other month, according to Domo's various posts, so the next one should start September 1st, unless they announce otherwise.

Also tagged with Scavenger Hunt, scavenger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users