July Scavenger Hunt starts today!

Scavenger Hunt scavenger

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

nutdrill #81 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 2978 battles
Hi there, is there a list re: what some of these codes unlock??  thanks for the codes and work to put them all in 1 place!!!:)

GAJohnnie #82 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postnutdrill, on Jul 10 2019 - 10:11, said:

Hi there, is there a list re: what some of these codes unlock??  thanks for the codes and work to put them all in 1 place!!!:)

On the 1st message of this thread about 1/3 the way down the page there is a button that says "Mission List". If you click on that it shows a pull down menu which show you the goods

NightmareMk9 #83 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 34879 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 03 2019 - 18:17, said:

I'm also aiming for getting everyone 3 extra tokens like we did in May. 

DomoSapien #84 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:03

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey folks, sorry for the several days of radio silence. I just got back from California, I was visiting family and attending my friend's wedding as a groomsman. Got some much needed R&R but I understand there was a typo on the schedule for Trobs's stream on the 8th, I believe?

So I realize this is slowpoke.jpg in retrospect, but I do apologize for the typo as I was trying to get too many things done at once before taking off on Weds - For what it's worth (and I understand that it's a very small silver lining) the codes are active for a good bit of time longer than the 48-hour windows that were given in May. Each code is active until 17:30 CDT 2 days after its activation date, so you get half of the third day to redeem if necessary.

That said, I saw some nastiness in this thread being directed at Trobs, so let me be perfectly clear:

The error in the schedule was not, in the slightest, Trobsmonkey's fault. I messed up when I was converting times in the signup sheet to CDT in 24-hour time and didn't catch the typo before leaving for CA. Trobs loves World of Tanks to the point where he literally has a World of Tanks logo tattooed onto his body. This game and its community are what helped him become a Twitch partner, to say that he hates the playerbase is nasty and frankly untrue. There are some bad apples/jerks in any playerbase, but to let the actions of a few govern your opinion of the majority is a simplistic way of thinking. Having met him personally at Twitchcon last year I can tell you that Trobs is far from what I'd consider a 'simplistic' person.

The other silver lining would be that it looks like the 3 extra 'freebies' for scavenger hunt participants will probably get approved (we got good feeback about this last time and several players have requested it for this month as well; will confirm once I have approval.) so even if you missed the code due to the mixup on the schedule you'll still have 2 more extra tokens just in case. Again, this is still pending so technically tentative but signs point to yes.

That said, the 7/8 code should technically still be active for another hour and a half as of me writing this post (deactivates at 17:30 CDT, as do all the codes this month)

heavymetal1967 #85 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 71516 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Plus one Domo.

No need to reply to this.  More food for thought and I realize I may be preaching to the choir, so to speak.

Definitely a win for players and unless they're really tight fisted it shouldn't be too much of a drag on the bean counters scales to make the extra tokens a permanent part of the scav hunt.

__WarChild__ #86 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 03:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 30760 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 15:03, said:

Hey folks, sorry for the several days of radio silence. I just got back from California, I was visiting family and attending my friend's wedding as a groomsman. Got some much needed R&R but I understand there was a typo on the schedule for Trobs's stream on the 8th, I believe?

So I realize this is slowpoke.jpg in retrospect, but I do apologize for the typo as I was trying to get too many things done at once before taking off on Weds - For what it's worth (and I understand that it's a very small silver lining) the codes are active for a good bit of time longer than the 48-hour windows that were given in May. Each code is active until 17:30 CDT 2 days after its activation date, so you get half of the third day to redeem if necessary.

That said, I saw some nastiness in this thread being directed at Trobs, so let me be perfectly clear:

The error in the schedule was not, in the slightest, Trobsmonkey's fault. I messed up when I was converting times in the signup sheet to CDT in 24-hour time and didn't catch the typo before leaving for CA. Trobs loves World of Tanks to the point where he literally has a World of Tanks logo tattooed onto his body. This game and its community are what helped him become a Twitch partner, to say that he hates the playerbase is nasty and frankly untrue. There are some bad apples/jerks in any playerbase, but to let the actions of a few govern your opinion of the majority is a simplistic way of thinking. Having met him personally at Twitchcon last year I can tell you that Trobs is far from what I'd consider a 'simplistic' person.

The other silver lining would be that it looks like the 3 extra 'freebies' for scavenger hunt participants will probably get approved (we got good feeback about this last time and several players have requested it for this month as well; will confirm once I have approval.) so even if you missed the code due to the mixup on the schedule you'll still have 2 more extra tokens just in case. Again, this is still pending so technically tentative but signs point to yes.

That said, the 7/8 code should technically still be active for another hour and a half as of me writing this post (deactivates at 17:30 CDT, as do all the codes this month)

Thanks Domo.  I'm glad you survived the quakes!  Welcome back.

FYI - I was in Trobs chat for a little while.  Had you been in there, you'd hate the playerbase too.  Just saying.  :amazed:  There was more than 1 bad apple in that bunch.  Same happened to AirG when he was putting up one letter/number at a time.  People got a little crazy.

Fat_Bob_1 #87 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 11:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24218 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

Hey Domo. While you're just setting around eating wedding cake still can we get an update on your schedule. Today's time (7/11) still says TBD  :bajan:

Glad you made it back.

__WarChild__ #88 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 18:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 30760 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostFat_Bob_1, on Jul 11 2019 - 04:46, said:

Hey Domo. While you're just setting around eating wedding cake still can we get an update on your schedule. Today's time (7/11) still says TBD  :bajan:

Follow this and you'll never have to worry about the time: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/

Volcanic_lobster_220 #89 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 19:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8031 battles

Good to hear from you Domo and glad you made it back :)

I gotta ask something, and no offence intended, but can you fix the schedule? it's hard as hell to read cause it's all mashed together, you know that's why i prefer when the Scavenger Hunt article was on the news page, the one for May was MUCH clearer and spread out, plz fix, thank you.

also when is today's code coming out ? still says TBD, kind of need to know the time.

Edited by Volcanic_lobster_220, Jul 11 2019 - 19:42.

Fat_Bob_1 #90 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 04:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24218 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 11 2019 - 10:41, said:

Follow this and you'll never have to worry about the time: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/

Been using your post but...I only have so much time and no offense but, many days your kind of late getting it posted. I know I can find it there. Thanks though! You do a great service trying to keep up with all the madness around here. :deer:

MakersMike #91 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 06:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3618 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 03 2019 - 11:11, said:

Folks, quick update - Supernova_o7 will be unable to stream tomorrow due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict.

The amazing and hilarious Trobsmonkey has volunteered to take over for him, and will be streaming tomorrow at 12:00 (noon) CDT.

Wow just noticed this.  Things were starting to turn around and then you start a Scavenger Hunt and don't bother to post it on the World of Tanks website??

I made it a point to check the July preview and then check the website again on the 1st.  Then a couple days later I checked again, and have continued to check the website.  I see here that it was posted in forums on July 3rd, and I'm usually pretty active on forums but wanted a little break from the "noise".  I thought the one place that would obviously post the news of the Scavenger Hunt being back would be the games own website where we are told to check for News and Missions.,  

And the reason I checked the website is because on May 1, you had a post "The Scavenger Hunt is Back in May!" including a breakdown of the entire mission, prizes and dates.  If I missed a post for July Scavenger Hunt on the website, please let me know and I've no one to blame but myself.   But I can't find it still.   And if it were a monthly mission that you had all month to finish, that would possibly be more acceptable.   But when you have a mission like this that relies on 2 day window or you miss out on the big bonus at the end it is unacceptable that a game would not post it on the very website they have designed for that.  Given the history of the screw ups with this very mission, you would think they'd put forth the effort to make sure everyone knew of it.  

As Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen would say, One Step Up and Two Steps Back.  

Edited by MakersMike, Jul 12 2019 - 06:49.

db04669 #92 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 31312 battles
July 14 code 4TMZY67M

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #93 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14934 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postdb04669, on Jul 14 2019 - 23:07, said:

July 14 code 4TMZY67M

Trolling is fine on the general forums, but it should get you a 1 month or perma ban on the info forums.

GAJohnnie #94 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postdb04669, on Jul 14 2019 - 17:07, said:

July 14 code 4TMZY67M

Here is the code. This above is false info

https://www.twitch.tv/ominousfyxen

GAJohnnie #95 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

July 15th Code is posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qx4zFEh7Os

Edited by GAJohnnie, Jul 15 2019 - 15:22.

DomoSapien #96 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:01

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey folks, just stopping by with a quick update:

We received approval for the 3 extra tokens compensation! The tokens are scheduled to go out via a mass invoice on the backend on Monday, 7/22
All Scavenger Hunt participants who have redeemed at least 1 July Scavenger Hunt code before Friday, 7/19 will receive 3 extra Scavenger Hunt tokens on Monday, 7/22.

heavymetal1967 #97 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 71516 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 15 2019 - 15:01, said:

Hey folks, just stopping by with a quick update:

We received approval for the 3 extra tokens compensation! The tokens are scheduled to go out via a mass invoice on the backend on Monday, 7/22
All Scavenger Hunt participants who have redeemed at least 1 July Scavenger Hunt code before Friday, 7/19 will receive 3 extra Scavenger Hunt tokens on Monday, 7/22.

Thanks Domo plus one. :)

DomoSapien #98 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:34

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostMakersMike, on Jul 11 2019 - 23:48, said:

Wow just noticed this.  Things were starting to turn around and then you start a Scavenger Hunt and don't bother to post it on the World of Tanks website??

I made it a point to check the July preview and then check the website again on the 1st.  Then a couple days later I checked again, and have continued to check the website.  I see here that it was posted in forums on July 3rd, and I'm usually pretty active on forums but wanted a little break from the "noise".  I thought the one place that would obviously post the news of the Scavenger Hunt being back would be the games own website where we are told to check for News and Missions.,  

And the reason I checked the website is because on May 1, you had a post "The Scavenger Hunt is Back in May!" including a breakdown of the entire mission, prizes and dates.  If I missed a post for July Scavenger Hunt on the website, please let me know and I've no one to blame but myself.   But I can't find it still.   And if it were a monthly mission that you had all month to finish, that would possibly be more acceptable.   But when you have a mission like this that relies on 2 day window or you miss out on the big bonus at the end it is unacceptable that a game would not post it on the very website they have designed for that.  Given the history of the screw ups with this very mission, you would think they'd put forth the effort to make sure everyone knew of it.  

As Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen would say, One Step Up and Two Steps Back.  

I mean, that's assuming that the decision not to publish the article was unintentional. It wasn't an oversight, there is a method to the madness.

The May Scavenger Hunt article was by far one of the lowest-performing articles on the Content Portal in May. This impacted the content team's performance metrics, and they weren't super happy with me about that.

I am of the opinion that it's necessary to have a Content Article posted about it regardless, because it spreads awareness about the Scavenger Hunt and offers a centralized "Hub" for players who aren't avid forumgoers, Redditors, or members of our WoT NA Community Discord to reference for the Scavenger Hunt schedule. So, I decided no to publish an article this month as a control group - and I suspect that this month's participation will be a bit lower as a result.

If my theory is correct, next SH I will have data to justify taking time out of the content schedule to publish an article for my event, and update it regularly.

heavymetal1967 #99 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 71516 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 15 2019 - 15:34, said:

I mean, that's assuming that the decision not to publish the article was unintentional. It wasn't an oversight, there is a method to the madness.

The May Scavenger Hunt article was by far one of the lowest-performing articles on the Content Portal in May. This impacted the content team's performance metrics, and they weren't super happy with me about that.

I am of the opinion that it's necessary to have a Content Article posted about it regardless, because it spreads awareness about the Scavenger Hunt and offers a centralized "Hub" for players who aren't avid forumgoers, Redditors, or members of our WoT NA Community Discord to reference for the Scavenger Hunt schedule. So, I decided no to publish an article this month as a control group - and I suspect that this month's participation will be a bit lower as a result.

If my theory is correct, next SH I will have data to justify taking time out of the content schedule to publish an article for my event, and update it regularly.

Aka there is a method to the madness.  

Thanks Domo for the explanation.

Ezy_196 #100 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 05:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 7640 battles
add skill4ltu and iyouxin :)

Also tagged with Scavenger Hunt, scavenger

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users