★ July Scavenger Hunt Codes & Easy Redeem Links ★

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

sparky_49 #21 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 12:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8912 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Jul 02 2019 - 06:25, said:

Why aren't the CCs telling WG what stupidity this is?

Because the CC's benefit from it. The Scavenger Hunt was implemented to promote and increase viewers for the CC's that stream and post Youtube videos. The fact that all the codes are posted on the forum so you don't have to spend time watching negates that to some extent. But since the Scavenger Hunt increases views, follows, and subs for the CC's let me ask you.. why would the CC's tell WG it's a stupid idea?

Guido1212 #22 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 12:55

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 82347 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Jul 02 2019 - 11:25, said:

Thanks, Scorpiany.

I must say I don't know why Wargaming keeps this nonsense with activation codes going. Man, it makes them look cheap, hiding codes like they are hoping noone finds out. What utter nonsense this is. Why aren't the CCs telling WG what stupidity this is?

I think you’re maybe talking about two different things?  The scavenger hunt is an appropriate code event.  As noted above it has increased our views/subs/follows.  People who like the content stay, those that don’t just get the code.  Overall it’s a win/win/win (player/CC/WG).

In regards to codes to activate various missions that used to be automatic I agree in general.  As a matter of fact many of the CCs have been vocal about not liking those.  

However, on the NA server we get quite a bit more in terms of missions and opportunities to get free goods.  We’ve been told the codes allow the community guys to argue for and get permission for more events than they otherwise would.

I don’t like the barrier or the hoops but if they are in fact giving us more content and “stuff” I’ll begrudgingly accept it.

BoredSightsNA #23 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 13:44

Captain

• Players
  • 26482 battles

View Postsparky_49, on Jul 02 2019 - 05:45, said:

Because the CC's benefit from it. The Scavenger Hunt was implemented to promote and increase viewers for the CC's that stream and post Youtube videos. The fact that all the codes are posted on the forum so you don't have to spend time watching negates that to some extent. But since the Scavenger Hunt increases views, follows, and subs for the CC's let me ask you.. why would the CC's tell WG it's a stupid idea?

I had no idea this was going on and this event could have easily been buried by a afternoons worth of new posts on the forum. I get most of my news from the main website, news on the client, and combat intelligence in-game announcements. Maybe WG isn't helping their CC's as much as they should? Was there a scavenger hunt last month? Will there be another in August? I guess it comes to my timing if I happen to see the latest posts on the front page of the forum regarding CC events.

Scorpiany #24 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 17:21

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37451 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Today's code is EK9TEEMR. Thread has been updated. I woke up a bit late today, sorry for being a little bit slow. :)

Code came courtesy of Guido1212's latest video, which you can check out here (hyperlinked).

Edited by Scorpiany, Jul 02 2019 - 17:24.

buckschott #25 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19791 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostScorpiany, on Jul 01 2019 - 17:08, said:

I chuckle every time the dog pops up +2

GAJohnnie #26 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 10747 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Bookmark

TankFullOfBourbon #27 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 31286 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postsparky_49, on Jul 02 2019 - 12:45, said:

I don't think CC's benefit from it at all as Scorpiany, Warchild and many other put the codes on here, noone even know where the code is coming from. They are embassadors and should be raising the voice of the community, not what's good for them. As someone else was saying, if the CCs are neglected by WG there are many other ways WG could promote them besides this nonsense.

TankFullOfBourbon #28 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 31286 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostGuido1212, on Jul 02 2019 - 12:55, said:

I think you’re maybe talking about two different things?  The scavenger hunt is an appropriate code event.  As noted above it has increased our views/subs/follows.  People who like the content stay, those that don’t just get the code.  Overall it’s a win/win/win (player/CC/WG).

In regards to codes to activate various missions that used to be automatic I agree in general.  As a matter of fact many of the CCs have been vocal about not liking those.  

However, on the NA server we get quite a bit more in terms of missions and opportunities to get free goods.  We’ve been told the codes allow the community guys to argue for and get permission for more events than they otherwise would.

I don’t like the barrier or the hoops but if they are in fact giving us more content and “stuff” I’ll begrudgingly accept it.

Here's the thing Guido, and this is some feedback that you should bring back to WG on this topic.

It is not win/win/win. For the CCs, scavenger codes are lost in the mist of all the other codes and since more than one contributor, CC or just contributor, are willing to provide the codes to all of on the forum it's a no win for the CCs. In fact, the only CC I ever visited for a Scavenger Code was Cody because he's a lazy SOG and never released his code ;) To think that the average player would jump between CCs to find the code, then linger to see a couple of streams or what not is pretty naive. Now, I watch your material Guido because I love your manly voice, but that's I would do anyway, and not because I want to get your codes once a month.

And for the players this is not a win. It's a f'ing nuisance to have to look for codes every day you want to play. Why would I even want to go through 30 CC's twitch or other pages just to get a code? It's a hazzle. Yes, I get something for my hazzle, but since the codes are posted on the forum I go there instead, thinking WG are cheap bastards to not just give away these missions to everyone. This is just an inconvenience.

And although WG win when less people claim the missions they lose because they just look like a bunch of cheap tossers.

Why can't you, as a CC, report this back? Your scavanger codes, that should bring you more followers, are now being part of a problem. It's Lose/Lose/Lose.

Re-evaluate this one, Guido. I know you will see it my way.

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Jul 02 2019 - 18:26.

FrontenacDuVandoo #29 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 20:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18066 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Thanks for the thread.

Last code scheduled at 9pm Eastern, which leaves less than 12h to complete the last mission on a Wednesday night.

Here's hoping for a free token or two.

Scorpiany #30 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 21:08

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37451 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Jul 02 2019 - 11:12, said:

I don't think CC's benefit from it at all as Scorpiany, Warchild and many other put the codes on here, noone even know where the code is coming from. They are embassadors and should be raising the voice of the community, not what's good for them. As someone else was saying, if the CCs are neglected by WG there are many other ways WG could promote them besides this nonsense.

I do make sure to link directly to each CC's channel, as well as include links to the videos (when applicable) that the code came from. While it is true that the Reddit / Forum threads make it a lot easier for people to redeem the code, these still do help promote / bring awareness to the CC's.

As far as the codes not being beneficial, the Scavenger Hunt system is just a bonus for the players. Especially when it comes to earning credit boosters, which are in really short supply.

I would want to see more in-game missions though which don't require codes. But I do think the Scavenger Hunt is a reasonable exception to that.

GAJohnnie #31 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 10747 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Jul 02 2019 - 14:18, said:

Thanks for the thread.

Last code scheduled at 9pm Eastern, which leaves less than 12h to complete the last mission on a Wednesday night.

Here's hoping for a free token or two.

As long as you enter the code on time, you have all month to complete the missions

From Domo's post about the Hunt

Side notes: 

• You don't have to log in and complete missions every day. The missions are active all month, so you can complete them at your own pace.
  • While you don't have to complete the missions every day, you've only got 2-day windows to redeem the codes themselves.

Edited by GAJohnnie, Jul 02 2019 - 21:09.

BlaqWolf #32 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 21:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22562 battles
  • [W--W] W--W
Scavenger hunts... patreon... twitch... gofundme....

We've become a nation (globe) of beggars.

Butcher_Bay #33 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 01:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9824 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Jul 02 2019 - 11:21, said:

Today's code is EK9TEEMR. Thread has been updated. I woke up a bit late today, sorry for being a little bit slow. :)

Code came courtesy of Guido1212's latest video, which you can check out here (hyperlinked).

How dare you not post the code immediately after it is released! 

P.S. I'm kidding, Ty Scorpiany!:)

Arf_84 #34 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 02:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4107 battles
Thanks very much, Scorpiany.  Really appreciated.

P0WERWAG0N #35 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 02:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48664 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
I just tried july1 and its already invalid

vinnybagadonuts #36 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 07:28

Captain

• Players
  • 30799 battles
id theorize that far more folks get the codes from these helpful forum posts, than watch the streams that provide them (at least watching them specifically to get the codes etc)

Guido1212 #37 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 13:50

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 82347 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Jul 02 2019 - 17:23, said:

Here's the thing Guido, and this is some feedback that you should bring back to WG on this topic.

It is not win/win/win. For the CCs, scavenger codes are lost in the mist of all the other codes and since more than one contributor, CC or just contributor, are willing to provide the codes to all of on the forum it's a no win for the CCs. In fact, the only CC I ever visited for a Scavenger Code was Cody because he's a lazy SOG and never released his code ;) To think that the average player would jump between CCs to find the code, then linger to see a couple of streams or what not is pretty naive. Now, I watch your material Guido because I love your manly voice, but that's I would do anyway, and not because I want to get your codes once a month.

And for the players this is not a win. It's a f'ing nuisance to have to look for codes every day you want to play. Why would I even want to go through 30 CC's twitch or other pages just to get a code? It's a hazzle. Yes, I get something for my hazzle, but since the codes are posted on the forum I go there instead, thinking WG are cheap bastards to not just give away these missions to everyone. This is just an inconvenience.

And although WG win when less people claim the missions they lose because they just look like a bunch of cheap tossers.

Why can't you, as a CC, report this back? Your scavanger codes, that should bring you more followers, are now being part of a problem. It's Lose/Lose/Lose.

Re-evaluate this one, Guido. I know you will see it my way.

Here’s some numbers for you.  I have a small channel.  At the start of this SH I had approx 1,380 subs.  I now have 1435.  My code release video is just north of 500 views, my average lately is 150ish.  The reason I’m a YouTube (affiliate or whatever the scrub level title is) is from the first SH when Claus mentioned me as next and I got claus bombed (SH and Claus are why I went over 1K).

Being a CC pushed me from around 400 to where I am now and the SH has been s big part.  Do, for me (and I know other CCs havevseen the same) it’s absolutely been a help.  Am I in danger of knocking off QB, or even Claus?  Hardly.  Am I able to do a bit more and reach a few more and help a few more?  Certainly.

I know the codes for missions are annoying but I don’t consider this code hunt the same thing.  Ive found several good contributors myself.  I think lots of others have.  I have several dozen comments to effect of “I’d never heard of you until this SH”.

The SH codes give over 100 Personal reserves.  The WG guys are even fine with posts here and reddit amalgamating them.  But for those who like our CC content and want to explore our little corner of the inter webs it’s a pretty good deal.

Just my two cents.

bluenose711 #38 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 14:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 60911 battles
  • [BNOT] BNOT

Day 3 code:

29RY87TJ

jeb2 #39 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 14:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 52619 battles