• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

AdamTheWolf55 #41 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 05:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 14171 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 02 2019 - 12:28, said:

So, what's your fix?   What problems are identified and how would they be rectified?  What benefits would we see and why should we support it? 

you can't fix it at all Cause we crapplayer base in NA :P

awildseaking #42 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 06:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
A good start would be rebalancing a lot of tanks. There's too many garbage tanks out there with <50% WR averages. Get those up to at least 50 and there won't be as many issues with team comps.

NeatoMan #43 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 14:44

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View Postawildseaking, on Jul 03 2019 - 00:14, said:

A good start would be rebalancing a lot of tanks. There's too many garbage tanks out there with <50% WR averages. Get those up to at least 50 and there won't be as many issues with team comps.

^SO MUCH THIS!

half the tanks I play have been power creeped into oblivion, or were never any good to begin with.   Make all tanks competitive and you don't have to worry about "did I choose the wrong line to play!" or "should I just yolo through the crap tanks to get something else halfway decent".

I have a feeling this will never happen however.  They like to push the newer tanks, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give newer tanks better MM (i.e. placed together with the more OP tanks) to give people a sense of superiority whenever they get one of the newer tanks.   Entices people to keep up with the Joneses.

Deputy276 #44 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postenjineer, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:19, said:

Yes, overall game play is affected far more by you subpar, 45% players than it is by kids being out of school.

Of course, the VAST MAJORITY of players in WOT are playing at what you consider "subpar" levels. So trying to stat-shame someone who resides in the majority has no affect on them. And as I said, stats can be easily padded. YouTube has hundreds of informational videos on how to do it. It's no secret. And those who pad stats offer no big help to game play anyway.

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:52, said:

Why do you think landslide wins has anything to do with school break?

Because urchins of ages under 12 are playing WOT a lot more than when school was in session. Mommies use WOT as a free "babysitter" during the Summer months. It's been a known fact among players for along time that Summer play quality takes a major nosedive. When they go back to school, play quality improves. I was told that by a unicum when I asked about it back when I first started playing WOT and it has held true every year. It upsets the urchins when I post it, but the truth often hurts. :)

24cups #45 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:03

Major

• Players
  • 24373 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postenjineer, on Jul 02 2019 - 12:42, said:

I wasn't referring to the OP.

Kind of sad and funny that he thought you were. 

Deputy276 #46 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postenjineer, on Jul 02 2019 - 10:32, said:

How about after 27,000 battles you learn to play better?

How about you get a new song to sing? This one is getting old and worn out. 

Kliphie #47 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:05

Major

• Players
  • 32454 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 03 2019 - 09:02, said:

Because urchins of ages under 12 are playing WOT a lot more than when school was in session. Mommies use WOT as a free "babysitter" during the Summer months. It's been a known fact among players for along time that Summer play quality takes a major nosedive. When they go back to school, play quality improves. I was told that by a unicum when I asked about it back when I first started playing WOT and it has held true every year. It upsets the urchins when I post it, but the truth often hurts. :)

Cause we all know if there's one thing 12-year-old's are terrible at, it's playing video games.  :facepalm:

Deputy276 #48 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postethics_gradient, on Jul 02 2019 - 10:42, said:

Am I the only one who likes MM in its current iteration?  Prior to the latest changes, I could only play Tiers 7, 9, and 10.  Now I find that I can play the other tiers and not find myself in completely hopeless situations.

That is not to say that there are no problems, but that has more to do with the players who do incredibly stupid things.  Last night for example, we had a skorp that hid in a corner for the first 12 minutes of battle, TK'd our only arty, and then finally started playing. The rest of the team played well enough that we almost won, but we could not find the last tank to kill before time ran out.

Nope, you are not the only one. I am quite happy with the current MM and I hope they leave it alone. I can remember when it was a whole lot worse.

Deputy276 #49 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostKliphie, on Jul 03 2019 - 08:05, said:

Cause we all know if there's one thing 12-year-old's are terrible at, it's playing video games.  :facepalm:

WOT and "video games" are considerably different. You aren't playing Candy Crush when you are playing WOT.  :facepalm:

enjineer #50 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 16:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46164 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 03 2019 - 09:04, said:

How about you get a new song to sing? This one is getting old and worn out. 

How about just heeding the advice instead of passing the blame on to something other than you being awful at the game?

awildseaking #51 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 04:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostNeatoMan, on Jul 03 2019 - 08:44, said:

^SO MUCH THIS!

half the tanks I play have been power creeped into oblivion, or were never any good to begin with.   Make all tanks competitive and you don't have to worry about "did I choose the wrong line to play!" or "should I just yolo through the crap tanks to get something else halfway decent".

I have a feeling this will never happen however.  They like to push the newer tanks, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give newer tanks better MM (i.e. placed together with the more OP tanks) to give people a sense of superiority whenever they get one of the newer tanks.   Entices people to keep up with the Joneses.

The weird thing is that a lot of the tanks that I consider to be the worst are actually from the newest tech trees. I'm still suffering through the AMX 65t and I'm at a god awful 42% WR after 158 games (hardly a bad streak or fluke) even though I'm almost at 2 marks. Then there's the Polish mediums, the Leo...I just don't get why WG is still putting in FXP mules when the game is 8 years old and taking a steep decline in player population.

Whether or not a tank is good can often depend on the map, but it's interesting to casually look at the lineup, predict the outcome based on the tank comp and nothing else, and see how often you're right.

NeatoMan #52 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 05:16

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View Postawildseaking, on Jul 03 2019 - 22:24, said:

The weird thing is that a lot of the tanks that I consider to be the worst are actually from the newest tech trees. I'm still suffering through the AMX 65t and I'm at a god awful 42% WR after 158 games (hardly a bad streak or fluke) even though I'm almost at 2 marks. Then there's the Polish mediums, the Leo...I just don't get why WG is still putting in FXP mules when the game is 8 years old and taking a steep decline in player population.

Whether or not a tank is good can often depend on the map, but it's interesting to casually look at the lineup, predict the outcome based on the tank comp and nothing else, and see how often you're right.

I should have stated "newer soviet tanks".    WG has always done a crappy job at balancing tanks, and it's intentional.  I just resigned myself to be at least a few % points down just because I play mostly outdated german tech tree tanks.

Odo_de_Barri #53 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 20:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41097 battles
  • [GKAD] GKAD

Sorry.  My actual post did not include the stuff that I wanted it to.  I play a lot more than I post (not true for all).  Will figure it out.

Edited by Odo_de_Barri, Jul 04 2019 - 22:12.

Odo_de_Barri #54 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 20:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41097 battles
  • [GKAD] GKAD

View PostSevok, on Jul 03 2019 - 04:01, said:

MM is the same for everyone.  The players are not the same for MM.

As for the conspiracy that MM is intentionally holding people back, I'm not sure I buy it.  Certain players are still able to excel.  Some players will never, ever succeed.  MM can't fix that.

While, given all of the previous assertions by many others, it is understandable for you to have thought that I was suggesting that "MM is intentionally holding people back".  Please re-read my post. 

I do not subscribe to assertions of game rigging to the pointed and consistent benefit of a select few or to the pointed detriment of select others - there would be no logic to this.  My concern stems from the frequency with which the current, random MM places clusters of highly skilled players against clusters of unskilled players, resulting in predictable rolls.  After such rolls, the minority of experienced players "shafted" to be on the losing team often berate their useless, pos, team mates for the devastating loss.  In fact, his/her team mates are usually doing their best against insurmountable odds from the onset.

It has been suggested by some that nothing should change to mitigate these slaughters as they are part of the learning curve - not one that I would have employed in either my professional or my personal life when charged with the development of either children or subordinates.  After decades of both real life and gaming, I have found that noobies need to be taken in and shown how to do something correctly, not beaten down with the biggest stick that we can find.  It was an old "joke" that the Armoured Corps used to "eat its young".  Unfortunately, that seems to be an appropriate approach in the minds of some within this pseudo-armoured community.  While this perspective will probably result in the inevitable "snowflake" declarations, the reality is that, if we stomp our noobies into the ground and kill their interest before they develop their skills, we kill the future of our game. 

I fully understand that the current MM does not, for the most part, consider players' skill levels at all.  However, I, along with a number of players, have frequently found myself on both sides of predictable rolls due to significant skill imbalances and find neither side to be a satisfying gaming experience.  

Edited by Odo_de_Barri, Jul 05 2019 - 23:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users