LT-15, T55-A

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tig_Welder_1 #1 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 16:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5076 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

(To start this off, i will say I am in no means an expert at light tanks)

Does it seem that maybe the light missions should be adjusted a little with the revamp in the MM? I have tried to look up the best ways to complete this. All I can find is use a tier 8 Light and hope for a good scouting map in a tier ten match. This sounds great, however, i can hardly never get my scouts in a tier 10 match anymore. Maybe i am just lucky, but trying to cause a combined 7k damage in a tier 8 match is proving to be hard as hell to get done. I have been trying to get this done with the following lights:

1) LT-432

2) EBR 75

3) EBR 90

4) M41D

To no luck, all crews are pretty dang good 3rd or 4th skill, I normally run Rammer (not on EBR 75 of course) Optics and Vstab. Camo, BIA, recon and sit rep.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else is having issues, or if anyone else has better setup or play ideas. I heard the tier 8 chinese Light is pretty good from watching a few videos?

Thanks

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 16:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35439 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Can't force it. I did mine in a tier 8 tank. Even 90 camped Bush with Binocs and Camo net and had a good team behind me.

Tig_Welder_1 #3 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 16:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5076 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:31, said:

Can't force it. I did mine in a tier 8 tank. Even 90 camped Bush with Binocs and Camo net and had a good team behind me.

Been trying to do exactly that. Not force it, camp in a bush and no matter what, it just doesnt happen.

24_inch_pythons #4 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 29518 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:34, said:

Been trying to do exactly that. Not force it, camp in a bush and no matter what, it just doesnt happen.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4943588#redshire-24_inch_pythons-elc_even_90​
It definitely helps to fire the gun. Except for Prokhorovka and Campinovka you pretty much can't count on large spotting numbers. Even on Prok and Camp you pretty much can't count on having a team that can do anything at all, you are lucky to get 2k spotting on these maps now.

Insanefriend #5 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 16:58

Captain

• Players
  • 45908 battles

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:34, said:

You need the right map and the right team for the mission mostly.  It is easier at tier ten then that at tier eight due to the larger hp pools for the teams, never mind the odd chance you might get a grand battle.  I'd suggest to start working down the Russian LT line your all ready going down and get a T-100lt or go down the french auto loading light line to the amx 13 90/amx 13 105.  The other light tank lines are not really worth playing at higher tiers.  

You might be able to pull if off in the ebr 90, but active scouting is harder.  Passive scouting with your own damage tossed on top make it easier I think.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jul 02 2019 - 16:59.

moogleslam #6 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 45759 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jul 02 2019 - 11:31, said:

While the EVEN 90 is probably the best Passive Spotter in the game, it's very restrictive to run Binocs, and it's camo is already so good that you'd get more from other equipment vs a Net.  Vents, Optics, VStab is the optimal loadout, and this will easily allow you to complete the missions.  Even with that setup, you often have to be proxy spotted before the enemy knows where you are, and a typical loadout (i.e. no Improved Equipment), will get you 477 meters of view range.

To the OP, it's really just about getting the right map, and half way capable teammates.  Mid bushes by lake on Malinovka, or E1 on Prok are ideal.

churchill50 #7 Posted Jul 02 2019 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 20606 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

I've done all 4 LT-15's in the game (although I haven't gone back to complete LT-15 for the 260 with honors yet).

First off, I will say that I definitely don't think there is any need to nerf these missions. They're not that hard if you know how to play light tanks.

So here's my tips:

First, I wouldn't try it in tier 8. There are tier 8s that can do it (T92 LT, LT-432, EBR 75, Hwk 30), but I would rather do it at tier 9 or 10 where there are higher HP pools. With more HP in the game, it's easier to do the mission. You will face slightly higher competition in the form of other players with better crews/purple equipment/etc, but that's nothing you can't overcome.

Second, pimp out those light tanks with all you've got. Use Food, use directives, go full camo/view range skills on your crews.

Third, know when to shoot and when not to. When I did LT-15 for the 260, I only got it because of the two clips of damage I dumped at the end in my AMX 13 105. However, there is also a time not to shoot, when it will get you lit in an exposed position.

Fourth, controlled aggression is the key. To be a good light tank driver, you have to master controlled aggression. Too aggressive and you die since you have no survivability. Not aggressive enough and you get nothing out of the game. Riding the edge in between is difficult, but very rewarding. For this reason, one of the best pieces of advice for completing these missions is playing a ton of games in lights to find that edge.

Fifth, don't be afraid to use your mobility. If things aren't going well on your current flank, go to the other flank.

Sixth, sometimes platoons can really help. Platooning with 2 TD's can really help on certain maps. (Redshire in a LT + 2 Strv platoon from south spawn makes these missions almost too easy).

Seventh, look up some good light tank youtubers. Good examples would be Ilya Red, taugrim, and Dreadshells (although Dreadshells doesn't play or put up videos anymore, his old content is still very relevant).

Finally, know scouting runs. These are the key. Passive spotting can get these missions done, but active scouting will do it more easily (and be more applicable on more maps). So, here are some examples of my favorite spotting runs (with stratsketch and written outline):

Malinovka:

Spoiler

Malinovka Encounter:

Spoiler

Prok:

Spoiler

Redshire (south spawn):

Spoiler

Live Oaks (north spawn):

Spoiler

Highway:

Spoiler

Lakeville:

Spoiler

Sand River (east spawn):

Spoiler

I hope that helps.

I might also post this as its own thread (with some more information).

Tig_Welder_1 #8 Posted Jul 03 2019 - 05:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5076 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

Many thanks to you all.  iwill keep at it, I guess I need to get that tier 10 light ASAP as  iwill be able to use it for the Obj, 260 series as well.

Many thanks to you Churchill50 for the well in-depth explanation of your tactics. I cant wait to give them a try. If I could give you +5 rep i would!

_mlg_taco_fire_ #9 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 18:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26509 battles

i gave up on the mission

and then as i was playin the game normally i just accidently completed it

dont focus and try too hard ull rage and stuff take it ezz

RC_1140 #10 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 64005 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Personally I'd do it with a t10 light. Always t10 game for more hp, plus damage you do counts so having a better gun is never bad. 3k damage and 5k spotting is quite doable on most maps. I did all 60 light missions with honors. Its really just about playing lights you enjoy until you do it. Having the right map, enemy team, and friendly team is pretty important. 

ixovera #11 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 04:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43330 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View Postmoogleslam, on Jul 02 2019 - 09:01, said:

While the EVEN 90 is probably the best Passive Spotter in the game, it's very restrictive to run Binocs, and it's camo is already so good that you'd get more from other equipment vs a Net.  Vents, Optics, VStab is the optimal loadout, and this will easily allow you to complete the missions.  Even with that setup, you often have to be proxy spotted before the enemy knows where you are, and a typical loadout (i.e. no Improved Equipment), will get you 477 meters of view range.

To the OP, it's really just about getting the right map, and half way capable teammates.  Mid bushes by lake on Malinovka, or E1 on Prok are ideal.

[moogleslam] nailed it on the head. It's likely easiest to do your scouting missions if you are in a T8 as bottom tier (if you have the EVEN 90, do it in that), or as a T10 LT in an all T10 game.

Most of my LT missions were done in the EVEN 90. You have to wait out for a good map. If you play long enough you kind of know what map is coming next. I can usually guess when a good scouting map is coming up based on the time--but I play way too much.

No Net or Binos. Go [Vents], [VStab], and [Optics]. I have bond equipment on my EVEN 90 and run food, to get up to 491 view range, but you don't have to do this to complete missions. I just love my EVEN. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users