Any light tanks tip on how to play with the new wheelies vehicle meta

Light Tank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Love wheel vehicle or hate them (23 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Love wheel vehicle or hate them

1. love wheel vehicle (13 votes [52.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

2. hate wheel vehicle (12 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote Hide poll

WHITE_POWER_RANGER #1 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 17:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2343 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR

I start playing this game again after taking half a year off, and I seem to keep getting raped by wheelies. Any tip on how to play tier 6-7 better or in this case not getting raped by them?

editor: I'm a light tank player

Edited by WHITE_POWER_RANGER, Jul 04 2019 - 17:40.

Hellsfog #2 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 37876 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Wheelies have made is substantially harder for light tanks to get into the usual passive scouting locations.  You can't over extend any more and rely on your camo to save you.  The wheelies have bad view range but their speed makes them hard to hit so they will actively spot you and run away while their team punishes you. Try active scouting instead and use your better view range to keep them at bay.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.  

Roggg2 #3 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 18:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 21853 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

During countdown, check how many/which wheelies are on each team.  Watch for them to be spotted so you  know.  Dont take aggressive scouting positions if you dont know where the wheelies are unless you have an approach line that provides cover and/or gives you an escape route.  

Sometimes I find the game starts for real when the wheelies die off.  Most of the time, that's pretty early.

Rawrlynn #4 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 18:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32114 battles

View PostRoggg2, on Jul 04 2019 - 18:14, said:

During countdown, check how many/which wheelies are on each team.  Watch for them to be spotted so you  know.  Dont take aggressive scouting positions if you dont know where the wheelies are unless you have an approach line that provides cover and/or gives you an escape route.  

Sometimes I find the game starts for real when the wheelies die off.  Most of the time, that's pretty early.

best advise yet for wheels

Wormstrand11th #5 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

1. know which wheelies you are facing, seriously.  some have real dps some are not a threat by themselves.

2. know your gun options, and again seriously.  some lights pack a good HE round and good placement will wreck a wheeled vehicle for long enough that your team will focus them down.

3. dont forget your cover rules, and yeah seriously again.  15 meters between you and the bush or tree in front of you if you have to fire and an extra tree or bush after that if you can

4. depending on your light tank you can pit maneuver a few of them and do a ton of damage once you are pushing them sideways, which is much easier than ramming them sideways at full speeds

5. if you autotrack (lock on) then practice practice practice so you know when your tank and you have the best chance for a hit. chasing and HE from behind only works if you hit but HE to the engine is never good to any tank

6. really pay attention to who is luring whom, you might seem like you are drawing them in but you find yourself getting a little too close to ridges or such and you will find yourself tracked and soon dead. play to your light tank strengths and dont think that just a second or 2 wont get you caught.  

7. dont hesitate to relocate if you have been spotted. if you are stationary you are just inviting them to whip around in front of you until someone kills you or you get distracted and they come in and damage you.

8. dont play the old way you used to, dont get mad that your latest try got you beat like a stepchild, just take a breath and try again maybe a little more cautious or more bold, eventually you will figure out how you can go toe to toe with them that works for you. less than 15% of the wheeled vehicle players are a real threat every time as long as you figure out how your play style can help down them. the other 15% ... hope to RNG Jesus that your team shoots straight and the wheelie went the other way lol.  There are some really good wheelers out there and there are a lot of average ones and there are a few bad ones that might be more dangerous just because no one knows what they are going to do so they look like an easy target and the next thing you know you are a burning wreck and they have driven off not even aware of how close you were to killing them.

and lastly... its just a game, so rejoice and laugh when you manage to utterly F' one up and send them back with a big fat 0 / goose egg / nada / hurt feelings / questioning what they did wrong etc etc.

Edited by Wormstrand11th, Jul 04 2019 - 19:55.

WHITE_POWER_RANGER #6 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 20:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2343 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR
Do you guys recommend hanging out with the TD at first few min of the game when there is wheelies?

PotatoLegend99 #7 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 21:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles

My job as a wheelie player is to spot tanks heading towards dominant positions until I myself get spotted. This means being super aggressive in the first minute of the match and then falling back to play a more passive medium role until the map opens up or my team needs a scout run. While I fall back you should move forward and also don't make it obvious what bush you're headed to if I spot you because I'll double back to try and spot you again as soon as we're both unlit.

On maps like Prohok. I'll buzz around the E1 bush area until I'm spotted hoping to catch a dumb light tank for my team to kill to give them a reason to push early without fear on that side. On other maps like Steppes I'll be more interested in spotting their mediums/heavies first. It depends on how important an enemy scout is for any particular map in the early stage of the game.

Hellsfog #8 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 37876 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWHITE_POWER_RANGER, on Jul 04 2019 - 14:05, said:

Do you guys recommend hanging out with the TD at first few min of the game when there is wheelies?

No. Not at all.  Lt tanks have much better view range that wheelies. If you don't use that view range to spot them, they will spot your entire team (which they may do on small maps anyway). Most of the time, when they get spotted they tend to back off.  Active scout but don't over extend.

Also tagged with Light, Tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users