new tanks to get

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

R2D2CAT #1 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 16:32

Captain

• Players
  • 15051 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

I'm thinking about what lines to go down moving forward, any suggestions? The Italian medium tanks look good to me at this point, but I am open to pretty much anything. I have linked to screenshots of my tech trees if that would be helpful. I don't really know what's "good" anymore so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. :) I love light tanks and medium tanks, and sometimes heavies if they're good (I love Russian ones :justwait:).

https://imgur.com/a/BKSVdh8

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 43640 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
So strange to see a grayed out tech tree after all these years.

R2D2CAT #3 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 16:53

Captain

• Players
  • 15051 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jul 05 2019 - 09:52, said:

So strange to see a grayed out tech tree after all these years.

Unfortunately, yes.

1919Eternal #4 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 59113 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
Tough to go wrong with Italian mediums.

1919Eternal #5 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 59113 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S

I am almost done with every line though I haven't purchased all of the tier 10's yet because I tend to grind whichever lines I am working on instead of playing the tier 10's.  I am playing 3 tanks now that I absolutely hate.

Udes 16 - I am probably too aggressive in this thing but I find it really hard to play.  If you are set up perfectly you can get some bounces with the hydraulic suspension or whatever it is called but more often than not you get hammered.  If you like to play a medium way in the back like a td then it might work but that is really not the way I like to play.  Also the gun is super wonky and it takes a couple of seconds to reach full gun depression due to the suspension kicking in and by then you may have missed your shot.

WZ-132- A - good alpha but it is big and kind of slow for a light plus the gun has poor accuracy.  You will get outspotted a lot and I have a 452 view range and 32.11/6.71 camo rating.  Biggest thing though is no gun depression which has gotten me killed a lot trying to get a shot.  I enjoy lights a lot but not this one. 

FV3805 - 92 games - 36% win rate.  I just can't seem to hit things with this thing and when I do I get piss poor rolls.  Fully aimed shots sometimes get something like 17-120 damage.  It is just ridiculous.  It's got a high gun arc so it takes a little while longer for the shell to get there which makes it hard to hit moving  targets.  This is my last tier 9 arty and maybe it is due to the nerfs as I haven't played any other arty since then but I find it tough to have a good game and influence the battle much in this thing.

Ken_McGuire #6 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:23

Captain

• Players
  • 31614 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

With the warning that free advice is usually worth what you pay for it... In no particular order:

1) Pick up the Obj 140 to at least experience a good tier 10 hovermed

2) Italian Meds look like fun, but I have not tried them

3) I like the T-54 light and AMX 13-90 as tier 9 LT's. That said, the new wheelies have some great vehicles too.

4) Finish the T-10 grind to get the 277

Mfezi #7 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29022 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

These are actual stats recorded over many battles which give a pretty good idea how each tank performs with a spectrum of different players...

You can play around with the pivot table to see more or less data....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh29aw3ipkqrfal/Battle%20Stats.xlsx?dl=0

R2D2CAT #8 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:10

Captain

• Players
  • 15051 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View Post1919Eternal, on Jul 05 2019 - 10:06, said:

Tough to go wrong with Italian mediums.

Definitely, I'm thinking of picking up the tier 6 whatever it's called one.

View Post1919Eternal, on Jul 05 2019 - 10:19, said:

I am almost done with every line though I haven't purchased all of the tier 10's yet because I tend to grind whichever lines I am working on instead of playing the tier 10's.  I am playing 3 tanks now that I absolutely hate.

Udes 16 - I am probably too aggressive in this thing but I find it really hard to play.  If you are set up perfectly you can get some bounces with the hydraulic suspension or whatever it is called but more often than not you get hammered.  If you like to play a medium way in the back like a td then it might work but that is really not the way I like to play.  Also the gun is super wonky and it takes a couple of seconds to reach full gun depression due to the suspension kicking in and by then you may have missed your shot.

WZ-132- A - good alpha but it is big and kind of slow for a light plus the gun has poor accuracy.  You will get outspotted a lot and I have a 452 view range and 32.11/6.71 camo rating.  Biggest thing though is no gun depression which has gotten me killed a lot trying to get a shot.  I enjoy lights a lot but not this one. 

FV3805 - 92 games - 36% win rate.  I just can't seem to hit things with this thing and when I do I get piss poor rolls.  Fully aimed shots sometimes get something like 17-120 damage.  It is just ridiculous.  It's got a high gun arc so it takes a little while longer for the shell to get there which makes it hard to hit moving  targets.  This is my last tier 9 arty and maybe it is due to the nerfs as I haven't played any other arty since then but I find it tough to have a good game and influence the battle much in this thing.

Perhaps I should go for the Emil first, then? I don't prefer a TD like play style for a medium and the Emil looks to be incredible now (as do the Emil II and Kranvagn).

View PostKen_McGuire, on Jul 05 2019 - 10:23, said:

With the warning that free advice is usually worth what you pay for it... In no particular order:

1) Pick up the Obj 140 to at least experience a good tier 10 hovermed

2) Italian Meds look like fun, but I have not tried them

3) I like the T-54 light and AMX 13-90 as tier 9 LT's. That said, the new wheelies have some great vehicles too.

4) Finish the T-10 grind to get the 277

Not sure how I feel about the Russian light tank grind...

I'm also considering the T20 or maybe some American lights. Or perhaps the leopard 1 or STB-1 after the current changes. Possibly all of them gradually since WOT premium gives crazy XP bonuses.

Ken_McGuire #9 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 21:11

Captain

• Players
  • 31614 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostR2D2CAT, on Jul 05 2019 - 13:10, said:

I'm also considering the T20 or maybe some American lights.

I enjoyed the T20 back in the day, but it has been a while since I played it. In general, I remember it as having good mobility and view range and a gun that is pretty good at mid range. Your DPM and armor are crap. It is much better at putting in supporting shots than being the center of attention. I would think all of this would still work when played to its strengths, but must say I haven't tried since 1.0.

My view of US LT's:

Chaffee - I love mine, but confess that I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if I didn't make it a keeper with an over 2 skill crew before the LT rework. But if you like doing the mobile view range thing, it does well, with a workable gun. I just really miss the 390 base view range and how fast it used to be...

M7 - Loved it as a MT. But can't imagine playing it as a LT

T37 - OK. But when there is the Type 64, why play it?

T21 - No opinion - never played.

T71 DA - Great autoloader fun

T71 CMND - never played.

M41 Bulldog - Such a sorry fragment of the fun (and probably broken) tank it used to be. With its size and only 75mm gun, it just doesn't seem to do well anymore.

T49 - Best 90mm dpm tier 9 LT - or zoom derp machine. Both ways can be fun.

Not heard a good thing about the Sheridan

Prediator #10 Posted Jul 06 2019 - 04:52

Captain

• Players
  • 29270 battles
pick a line that you have a prem to crew train with.  best advice I can give.

Also tagged with new, tanks, to, get

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users