* * * * - 1 votes

[ S T ] M48A2 Raumpanzer Joins the Test as well.

KRZY ST Super test M48a2 new tank

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #21 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 23868 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jul 11 2019 - 20:11, said:

There is weapon accuracy, there is gunner accuracy and there are modifying factors to accuracy like vehicle movements vs stabilization systems. The point I'm going for is that clearly dispersion still matters for weapon accuracy and should not be simply dismissed as the most irrelevant stat.

As for Dez's accuracy video he admits its not scientifically perfect, but he fired enough rounds under identical conditions to show a very clear trend. Most shots from 200m did not hit at the center aiming mark for any of the tested tanks, even the ones with the statistically most accurate guns. Its enough to show that meaningful accuracy in this game (where we are told to get gud and shoot tiny little weak spots) leaves much to be desired. Maybe somebody will run the test again firing 500 or 1000 shots per gun and we can get more exact results, but don't look at me for that. What little free time I get is better spent actually playing the game.

Except base accuracy refers to the weapons accuracy and with how shell distribution works in this game it is mostly irrelevant. Its why snapshots still work a large portion of the time. Its why people can snap the turret to people and fire and get a penetration. Being a more accurate player (gunner) (via being able to actually get your gun on target) is far more relevant and having a gun that enables this (via the soft handling values and aimtime) is way more important than having the gun with 0.29 base dispersion.

Dez didnt fire enough round though. He would have needed to fire well over a thousand rounds IN EACH TANK to draw any meaningful conclusions. The image I posted above (with the comparisons between 9.15 and sandbox) was done with 3000 simulated rounds. Thats how you get meaningful data. Also since Dez used the hit decal his measurement was flawed because the decal is larger than the shell that hit the tank. Shells in this game are simply a point. They have no size when it comes to their collision.

Omega_Weapon #22 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 53483 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostAvalon304, on Jul 11 2019 - 23:36, said:

Except base accuracy refers to the weapons accuracy and with how shell distribution works in this game it is mostly irrelevant. Its why snapshots still work a large portion of the time. Its why people can snap the turret to people and fire and get a penetration. Being a more accurate player (gunner) (via being able to actually get your gun on target) is far more relevant and having a gun that enables this (via the soft handling values and aimtime) is way more important than having the gun with 0.29 base dispersion.

Dez didnt fire enough round though. He would have needed to fire well over a thousand rounds IN EACH TANK to draw any meaningful conclusions. The image I posted above (with the comparisons between 9.15 and sandbox) was done with 3000 simulated rounds. Thats how you get meaningful data. Also since Dez used the hit decal his measurement was flawed because the decal is larger than the shell that hit the tank. Shells in this game are simply a point. They have no size when it comes to their collision.

Snapshots work a large portion of the time? That has not been my experience. The healthy majority of my snapshots miss completely. Sure they will hit some of the time, but a snapshot is never as reliable as aiming in. I've also had a great many shots go to the portion of my aiming circle that did not cover the enemy tank even though said tank filled up 85% of my reticle. A lower dispersion value would have reduced that circle to the point that the shell could not miss. If you like brawling up close all the time dispersion wouldn't mean as much, but if you do long range shooting it is the most important gun stat.

Despite the flaws in his testing, Dez's results are still noteworthy and shouldn't be dismissed off hand. In fact he did a better job with his test than the 4 Tankers fellow did in the video you recommended. Until somebody runs a more precise test the vid Dez made appears to be the best thing we have to go on. You seem to have a good knowledge base about the game workings (even if your opinions don't always match my own). Maybe testing this all out properly and getting the true data could be a project you take on. I think you'd do a good job of it so I'd be inclined to believe your results.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Jul 12 2019 - 07:55.

MrEvilToes #23 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [ARBNE] ARBNE

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jul 10 2019 - 20:31, said:

Since some seem to like it and some obviously hate the idea of a nonsensical bulldozer tank, why not make the dozer blade attachment an optional module? With the dozer blade you get improved armour for the lower hull, without it you can get better mobility and terrain resistances? Everybody wins.

awesome idea... imagine the Maus or T95 with this...lol

Edited by MrEvilToes, Jul 15 2019 - 20:53.

stalkervision #24 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 03:54

Major

• Players
  • 70312 battles
if I get one I will use the dozer blade as a arty shield ! :P

MrEvilToes #25 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 23:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [ARBNE] ARBNE
any idea when this tank is going to be released though? next update or a weekend c/c "special"

Kenshin2kx #26 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 20:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 19045 battles
I've often wondered if dozer attachments were ever seriously considered for tanks?  Particularly TDs lights and mediums... given the trend to for uparmoring vehicles, it seems to me that the blade could do multiple duty in providing additional frontal armor, use as an actual dozer blade for hedgerows and prepared camo/earth based barricades ... add to this, even as a mounting point (on the blade for a simple mine activation device) ... oh and as a natural counter weight for overall vehicle balance if rear heavy.

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Sep 21 2019 - 20:36.

VooDooKobra #27 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 10079 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
am i the only one looking forward to ram pazering something with that blade?

AZandEL #28 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 00:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30643 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 05 2019 - 16:32, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Stage 2 - 12:30 (UTC)

M48A2 Räumpanzer

A new German medium tank, M48A2 Räumpanzer, is ready for the proving grounds of the Supertest.

A variant of the American Patton, this German boasts excellent frontal armor for a medium (up to 254 mm in the turret and 152 mm in the hull). In addition, its most noticeable feature, the shovel in front of the lower glacis plate, is in fact a screen which further improves the armor of this vehicle. Another of its strengths is survivability, all thanks to its 1450 HP. But for such great armor and HP, a price must be paid; this price is in its mobility. This German medium has a max speed of 40 km/h and a power-to-weight ratio of 13 hp per ton. On top of this, the tank has a traverse speed of 35 deg/s and a turret traverse speed of 30 deg/s.

Now let’s get down to the gun. This 90-mm armament boasts good penetration: 205 mm for a standard shell and 255 for an APCR. You’ll be able to get off 6.9 shots per minute dealing 240 damage per shot. The weapon stabilization is pretty decent, the aiming time is just 2 seconds and has a dispersion of 0.44 m at 100 m. What else are we forgetting? Oh yes, its gun depression is -9 degrees.

The M48A2 Räumpanzer behaves like a hybrid of a medium and a heavy on the battlefield. If necessary, this medium can survive a blow that would put another ally vehicle out of action. Plus, its gun allows for dealing regular damage (instead of high one-shot damage) and can be used to immobilize enemies, turning them into sitting Credit and XP piñatas.

Spoiler

Super meh. Why not something interesting like the Argentine Marder based TAM ? https://en.wikipedia...gentino_Mediano

Cowcat137 #29 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 15:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 14481 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Should be able to plow snow on winter maps.

Sturm_Teufel #30 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 48676 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
So, the equivalent of a German Super Pershing?

Lord_Audley_ #31 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 09:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22971 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Holy christ stop with this crap.  Its bad enough you have this still non-historic crap in Bltiz.  I dont mind paper tanks, I dont care with mash ups - but christ keep this game as historical as you can. 

NO to this nonsense

NO to double barrels

Holy god just stop.  Sell normal premium tanks, based on historic tanks.  Stop the meme crap piles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users