Jump to content


Join The New Ammo Tests on Sandbox!


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:40

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3630 battles
  • 534
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

Attention Tankers!

 

We released a second iteration of the shell re-balance on the Sandbox!  Since there is quite a lot going on in terms of changes, I'll let the article speak for itself but here are some highlights.

 

  • Higher caliber guns (150mm and above) will have their standard shell damage readjusted to a lower percentage
  • HP improvement for lower tiers will stay and continue to be tested
  • Adjustments to the effectiveness of Standard shell vs Special shell ratio by reducing the increase of damage on the standard shells.
  • 22% HE shell damage for arty is being reduced by half (11% but not exact for each tank)
  • Due to increased tank durability, Tiers I-VII was proportionally increased to compensate for the larger health pool.

 

For the full list of details and how to join the Sandbox testing, visit the link below:

 

Join The New Ammo Tests on Sandbox!

 

GLHF!


Edited by Jambijon, Jul 09 2019 - 21:27.


the_dude_76 #2 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 17:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 33584 battles
  • 4,656
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

The link just brings you right back here...

 

edit- And now the link takes you to the Tank Mastery code page...

 

They say the third time is the charm


Edited by the_dude_76, Jul 05 2019 - 18:04.


Devil__Anse #3 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 676
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
reducing RNG would make all of this moot. 

JTM78 #4 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22924 battles
  • 1,075
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013
How about NO! You guys never listen to the feed back on the Sandbix forum.

Oh big MM guns get less RNG?! Oh your russian bias is showing again!

Less HE damage for arty, just remove it! Arty is garbage to play any more and shame on WoT for doing that to the players!

Blackeagle902 #5 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23668 battles
  • 140
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX
  • Member since:
    11-01-2012
So now arty will have less HP and they already have none so that a T1 can pen them so you are going to make them even more fragile, after that no one will play them anymore. I also do not like the fact that TDs that are poorly armored will get a reduction of HP pool by 5% and make them more fragile as well.  It seems to me you have a group of players that speak out when they don't like something, that the game is not progressing the way they want it to, and get things nerfed. First it was Japanese tanks, they got nerfed so bad they are garbage. Second arty, they got 2 nerfs and now going to get a 3rd. Let us not forget it the "GOLD" rounds now. Where does it end?   I know that players want a more rounded game, but what I see is the game getting a bit catered to certain player base and the rest of us are left hanging out to dry. Just my opinion. 

Wolffe_Commander #6 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:29

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3587 battles
  • 17
  • [H_F] H_F
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015
I really hope that the personal missions requirements stay the same, or at least get rid of the rng requirements, such as starting fires. I have yet to accomplish those kinds of missions. Also, can mac users join the sandbox or no? I know that the WoWs sandbox does not allow us to join

Edited by Wolffe_Commander, Jul 05 2019 - 18:31.


CynicalDutchie #7 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 42498 battles
  • 4,227
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostBlackeagle902, on Jul 05 2019 - 18:24, said:

So now arty will have less HP and they already have none so that a T1 can pen them so you are going to make them even more fragile, after that no one will play them anymore. n. 

 

Because arty players play SPGs because of their survivability am I right :facepalm:



SawUcomin #8 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    05-27-2019

View PostJambijon, on Jul 05 2019 - 17:40, said:

Attention Tankers!

 

We released a second iteration of the shell re-balance on the Sandbox!  Since there is quite a lot going on in terms of changes, I'll let the article speak for itself but here are some highlights.

 

  • Higher caliber guns (150mm and above) will have their standard shell damage readjusted to a lower percentage
  • HP improvement for lower tiers will stay and continue to be tested
  • Adjustments to the effectiveness of Standard shell vs Special shell ratio by reducing the increase of damage on the standard shells.
  • 22% HE shell damage for arty is being reduced by half (11% but not exact for each tank)
  • Due to increased tank durability, Tiers I-VII was proportionally increased to compensate for the larger health pool.

 

For the full list of details and how to join the Sandbox testing, visit the link below:

 

Join The New Ammo Tests on Sandbox!

 

GLHF!

Here we go again!

Another change to how this game functions and ABSOLUTELY no input before hand from the player base as to how the changes should be 

Only after WG devs come up with a plan is the player base consulted for input!

Shell damage for HE reduced on all 150 plus guns..Why not take them individually tank by tank by tank and adjust them accordingly based on the overall performance

of each tanks history?

This is not factoring in all the individual characteristics of each tank such as DPM, speed of reload, type of tank ie. heavy or light such as the T49

So instead Wot is lumping all tanks into classes of Gun caliber and ignoring every other feature that accounts for their battle effectiveness and performance.

The shell rebalance needed is to the PREMIUM round shells not the STANDARD shells.

Cutting SPG HE shell damage in half is the most demented move WG can make ..Say good bye to anyone playing this tank class

200 damage for tier 9 and 10 spg's ..Fat F k n chance anyone will play them.

guess the arty hates will finally get what they have been asking for..

ONCE AGAIN WOT HAS PROVEN HOW OUT OF TOUCH THEY ARE TO WHAT THIS GAME AND ITS PLAYER BASE WANTS AND WHAT'S GOOD FOR THIS GAME!

 

You have lost roughly half your player base in the last 3 years, expect what's left to be halved again if this moronic plan goes through!

 


Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 05 2019 - 19:04.


Syberfly #9 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:44

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24586 battles
  • 254
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
  • Member since:
    05-04-2016
Hmmmm, could they be NURFFFFFFing them out of the game.  I hope not

SawUcomin #10 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:46

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    05-27-2019

View PostSyberfly, on Jul 05 2019 - 18:44, said:

Hmmmm, could they be NURFFFFFFing them out of the game.  I hope not

This is exactly what will happen.

They are already sht to play as it is!



GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 18:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 12,786
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostJambijon, on Jul 05 2019 - 13:40, said:

 

Due to increased tank durability, Tiers I-VII was proportionally increased to compensate for the larger health pool.

 

Understood everything but this.... exactly what about tier I-VII tanks was proportionally increased ??

 

 

 

 

 

 



SawUcomin #12 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:07

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    05-27-2019

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 05 2019 - 18:56, said:

Blah, blah, blah !

 

Are you not getting tired of continually switching to your alt accounts just to up ^ post your main?


Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 05 2019 - 19:09.


GWyatt #13 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3839 battles
  • 363
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostSawUcomin, on Jul 05 2019 - 12:35, said:

Here we go again!

Another change to how this game functions and ABSOLUTELY no input before hand from the player base as to how the changes should be 

Only after WG devs come up with a plan is the player base consulted for input!

Shell damage for HE reduced on all 150 plus guns..Why not take them individually tank by tank by tank and adjust them accordingly based on the overall performance

of each tanks history?

This is not factoring in all the individual characteristics of each tank such as DPM, speed of reload, type of tank ie. heavy or light such as the T49

So instead Wot is lumping all tanks into classes of Gun caliber and ignoring every other feature that accounts for their battle effectiveness and performance.

The shell rebalance needed is to the PREMIUM round shells not the STANDARD shells.

Cutting SPG HE shell damage in half is the most demented move WG can make ..Say good bye to anyone playing this tank class

200 damage for tier 9 and 10 spg's ..Fat F k n chance anyone will play them.

guess the arty hates will finally get what they have been asking for..

ONCE AGAIN WOT HAS PROVEN HOW OUT OF TOUCH THEY ARE TO WHAT THIS GAME AND ITS PLAYER BASE WANTS AND WHAT'S GOOD FOR THIS GAME!

You have lost roughly half your player base in the last 3 years, expect what's left to be halved again if this moronic plan goes through!

 


Interesting enough, some of the player base has talked about some of these changes, so they are listening. That aside, nothing on the Sandbox server means anything but a generalized test of different ideas. Everything tested might or might not happen, they are just gathering data to see what does happens, which is a really good thing for once.

 

Try it out, give your feedback. If enough feedback leans one way, they could very well make those changes in the next round of testing.



Mikosah #14 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,417
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

Initial thoughts are that the low tiers sure are getting durable with the previous HP increases and now also less standard shell alpha increases. I do see the problem of instant, random deaths but there is such a thing as combat becoming too slow. And same goes to a lesser degree to the high tiers. If the guns end up feeling 'weak' then that's not very compelling. Perhaps the RU crowd is all about the aesthetic of the tanks being incredibly durable and soaking up tons of shells, but I'll at least speak for myself in saying that its incredibly disillusioning to see a giant gun, to hear a giant gun, and then to see all that power do so little. 

 

And as far as the high tier meta goes, the one major weakness of this balancing scheme is that even in spite of the alpha increase, the standard shells are only usable when they actually stand a chance at penetrating. A great deal of corridor-brawling scenarios mandate gold spam either way.

 

Also, are regular guns' HE shells going to be buffed similarly as their standard shells? If not, then in most cases the HE will be obsolete if it doesn't even have an alpha advantage over AP. 



Spaceopera171 #15 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17439 battles
  • 17
  • [TUF] TUF
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
Who cares what impact the changes have on personal stats?  

Bill_Nye_The_RNG_Guy #16 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25446 battles
  • 312
  • [QUACK] QUACK
  • Member since:
    03-17-2011
"Our first test was received positively."
Yeah because this forum topic is really being taken positively, funny joke. :facepalm:

kayfoo #17 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:19

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28953 battles
  • 129
  • [TANAR] TANAR
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

This is a terrible idea

More HP for most tanks? More damage per shell? What's the point?

You only had to set a limit to the number of gold rounds that any tank is allowed to carry (25% 30% or something like that)

I'm still playing a lot but 3 months ago I stopped buying this game has jumped the shark



WileyCat #18 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 31092 battles
  • 2,076
  • [ALL] ALL
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
the servers are almost constantly full the game isnt even close to dying

Edited by WileyCat, Jul 05 2019 - 19:24.


GeorgePreddy #19 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 19:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 12,786
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostSawUcomin, on Jul 05 2019 - 15:07, said:

Are you not getting tired of continually switching to your alt accounts just to up ^ post your main?

 

I didn't do that, but if I had, it would be much more than just 1 upvote.

 

Are you not getting tired of hiding behind a 20 battle alt account when you post ??  Are you ashamed of your real account ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



SawUcomin #20 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 20:23

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    05-27-2019

View PostGWyatt, on Jul 05 2019 - 19:09, said:


Interesting enough, some of the player base has talked about some of these changes, so they are listening. That aside, nothing on the Sandbox server means anything but a generalized test of different ideas. Everything tested might or might not happen, they are just gathering data to see what does happens, which is a really good thing for once.

 

Try it out, give your feedback. If enough feedback leans one way, they could very well make those changes in the next round of testing.

Wow haven't you been duped!

Ive been on the test server a few times and enough to know that WG does what it wants and pays only a token consideration for the general player base.

They did this on the test server for the SPG's and didnt listen when so many said how wrong it was 

All they did was remove the disorientation effect (thank God)

I have no interest in participating in testing out some lame azz idea that should never be tested in the first place

Spg's are already nerfed to the point of unplayability

The have had every component, in several nerfs, altered in an attempt to "balance" them when the masses were all yelling cut down the damage per shell

They did everything but,  and instead removed the pivot, traverse, speed, horse power, ground resistance, aim time, dispersion, bloom effects, etc., etc., etc. and when that all failed to stop the one major issue..(one shot deaths)

They nerfed the damage per shell but left all those other nerfs in place making the SPG a steaming pile of trash to play.

So no, i'm not going to partake in a fundamentally flawed idea that is WRONG from the get go!


Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 08 2019 - 21:41.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users