crew rental crew

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_Major_Tomato #1 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 00:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14050 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
I just noticed I have a 1 skill crew in my Barracks for the Progetto 46.  I presume they came from the 25 use rental I got for this tank.  It looks like I would be able to retrain these guys for another tank.  I've used 18 of my 25 runs in the Progetto with my P43bis crew.  Will I be able to keep these other guys after the rental is up?  Anyone know for sure?

ez_money #2 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles
Yes. When the rental is over (or even before it's over) just send them to your barracks. You always get to keep the 100% rental crews, just not the "temporary" rental garage slot. I have several 100% rental crews in my barracks that I have kept "just in case" and/or for future use.

mlinke #3 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 00:24

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Yes

GenPanzer #4 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 44198 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View Postez_money, on Jul 06 2019 - 18:11, said:

Yes. When the rental is over (or even before it's over) just send them to your barracks. You always get to keep the 100% rental crews, just not the "temporary" rental garage slot. I have several 100% rental crews in my barracks that I have kept "just in case" and/or for future use.

Keeping rental crew for a premium vehicle is a waste of barracks space. Unless you have no other tank in that class/nation AND no longer have that premium vehicle (and provided they didn't come with any skills/perks), dump them immediately. 

The cost to retrain them to another tank is the same as it would be if you didn't have any crew for said tank.

Scrawnybeaver #5 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 01:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12216 battles

View Postez_money, on Jul 07 2019 - 00:11, said:

It used to be that way but no longer.  What I now do is buy a training manual for the crew while they are in the premium tank and voila, first skill in.  Then I transfer them to another tank and retrain them.  That way, they already have their first skill in while being retrained which you cannot do if you get a new crew for a tank (unless you spend gold).

Also, the rental tanks stay in your garage forever although you cannot play them any longer.  I just use those tanks as additional barrack slots which means that I do not need as many actual barrack slots.  

Arturius666 #6 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 01:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9127 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Jul 07 2019 - 00:10, said:

Keeping rental crew for a premium vehicle is a waste of barracks space. Unless you have no other tank in that class/nation AND no longer have that premium vehicle (and provided they didn't come with any skills/perks), dump them immediately. 

The cost to retrain them to another tank is the same as it would be if you didn't have any crew for said tank.

I would never do this. If say you wanted to use the progetto crew for a different tank, just buy a 2 mill credit skill book for them while they are still trained for progetto, which gives them like 1.5 full perks, and then retrain them for new tank for 20k silver each which trains them at 90% which is trivially easy to train up, especially since they are operating the entire time with 1.5 perks. 

Now if you always buy crews with gold that's another story but that's too rich for my blood when you can get the 90% crew for peanuts, and start off with 6th sense etc right away.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 71494 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostGenPanzer, on Jul 06 2019 - 20:10, said:

Only if you gold retrain them, but why in hell would you do that?

Keep the rental crews.  If you silver retrain them to a tank of the same class they start at 90 base instead of 75.  Doesn't take long to grind them to 100 base using boosters, dailies and/or crew xp events/missions.

Or, better yet, grind their first skill to 65 percent but do NOT assign it.  When you silver retrain them (again same class) that 65 percent will be used to fill out the 90 to 100.  Took me about 4-5 matches to grind the SuperPatriot crew we just got to 65-75 base because of the x5 and running a crew xp booster. 

Anything over 65 percent will be sitting there ready to be applied to their first skill.  Haven't bought a new gold crew in ages between all the free rental crews and bundled premium gold crews that we've gotten.

Edit:  The free skill books we got with this patch and that we can get for merit will raise a base 100 crew with no skills to 50 percent on first skill.   Either a nice bump for a new crew or a quick way to eat a big chunk of that 65 unassigned.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Jul 07 2019 - 01:46.

Also tagged with crew rental, crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users