healthy dead dying done alive Right wrong fixed Preddy

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Crypticshock #21 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 01:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19530 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

It's stagnated with a touch of slowly dying.

135k during the hot summer months is expected.

I think there is one number there that looks odd - the number of new accounts. Will have til more data since the month started on a Monday. Last month seen over 20,000 new accounts (doesn't mean players).

Rommelman1 #22 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 02:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25133 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

the game is dead , clown cars ruined it and put the last nail in the coffin , now , ammo re balance will fill in the hole.

good luck , hope WG has cashed out enough to not worry about their futures , seeing as how they merged the NA servers to save money and fired all the employees when they did it.

Christojojo #23 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 03:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34922 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Jul 07 2019 - 12:14, said:

You "WoT Death Prophet" players really need to dig your head out.

Look at the EU and RU numbers.

WG simply does not care about NA.

The population is dwindling and the players tend to whine and want the game changed to suit them personally.

The NA WoT meme is quick success or derision and quitting, and nowhere is the Dunning Kruger stronger.

NA could shut down tomorrow and WG would still spend more time counting cash than all of NA does whining.

What seems to be dying is the NA server.

FYI NA is NOT the center of the WoT Universe in spite of what you'd like to believe.

Is WoT dead?

Nope its still easy to get a game.

Is it dying?

Who cares? When its gone this tanker will just find something else to do.

I played PC games before WoT, I'll do the same after.

If you look at the server populations in the link I provided then you will see dim bulb is correct. RU has way more players over a million if I remember correctly. Eu has a decent population also.

Rimrender #24 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 04:11

Captain

• Players
  • 8038 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
It's gut shot and bleeding out slow. The new player experience is horrendous and very little new blood is coming in to replace people burning out or just tired of the current problems. If it wasn't for lag from where I live in the US to the EU server, I would play that account more. As it is, im on that one when I travel and it's a much better environment and more enjoyable. 

Trakks #25 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 10:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3815 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Jul 07 2019 - 13:07, said:

It has to be said it's dying. It's dying a slow death, though. How long before the NA is given transfers to EU? How long after that that players are given transfers to RU? Then how long before it's 100% shutdown?

I don't have specific times for all of the above to happen, but I do believe it will be many years before it's completely shutdown. Look for the first part to happen once the NA server population reaches a low of about 1k peak. That might be the threshold used on all other servers. The final server will need to be reduced much lower than that, though. It's not impossible to think this game will be around for another 5-10 years, in some form, I think.

They won't do server transfers. When one server dies, that's it. People from that region don't get to play anymore. Why would you want that, anyway? Ping latency would soar to unplayable levels. 

Mercury00003 #26 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 11:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4536 battles

View PostTrakks, on Jul 08 2019 - 10:31, said:

They won't do server transfers. When one server dies, that's it. People from that region don't get to play anymore. Why would you want that, anyway? Ping latency would soar to unplayable levels. 

Nyet comrade, you just need to resurrect yourself into a shiny new EU account and all will be good in tanks  like Stalin's mustach when it curves into a  smile as you driving a Russian tank. ,

Firemoth #27 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 38295 battles
any game on the market for more than 3-4 years is going to be on the decline.

grandthefttankV #28 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 36127 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
This game is declining more and more with every garbage patch, every new boring tank line, every German nerf and every new map they release/take away.

24cups #29 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 24723 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostTrakks, on Jul 08 2019 - 04:31, said:

I play on the test server without any latency issues.  That server is either in RU or EU.

It's sometimes better than NA. 

RacWisco #30 Posted Jul 08 2019 - 21:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 76187 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostRena_Dyne, on Jul 07 2019 - 14:39, said:

Armored warfare is still up and going last I checked?

Online games die after a period of time, this is just a fact of life. No online game will last forever, and WoT is no different, it is, however, still a very niche market of a game with no real competitors {Unless you count warthunder which I don't, or armored warfare which people only go to for the PVE component these days}, its still large enough to make a profit and sees several thousand people daily on any given server {While WoWP sees in the realm of a few *hundred* active at any given point} It's not "close to dead", nowhere even remotely close, but its numbers and registration rates are *slowly but surely* shrinking, though at current attrition rates they've got another 5-6 years easy before we start seeing real catastrophe numbers.

PVE ruined Armored Warfare.

awildseaking #31 Posted Jul 09 2019 - 02:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13468 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

The problem with people saying WoT isn't (or hasn't) been dying is that they fail to address how the population decreased. It's not like we peaked last year and have since been losing players at a steady rate. The game peaked about 2 years in and every single population drop has been sudden and massive directly in response to universally panned patches (gold ammo for silver, Japanese heavies, arty rework, 3/5/7, 1.0, etc.)

That's why the game is dying; because it should be significantly more populated today than it would have been if not for WG's incompetence.

Christojojo #32 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34922 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postawildseaking, on Jul 08 2019 - 20:41, said:

The problem with people saying WoT isn't (or hasn't) been dying is that they fail to address how the population decreased. It's not like we peaked last year and have since been losing players at a steady rate. The game peaked about 2 years in and every single population drop has been sudden and massive directly in response to universally panned patches (gold ammo for silver, Japanese heavies, arty rework, 3/5/7, 1.0, etc.)

That's why the game is dying; because it should be significantly more populated today than it would have been if not for WG's incompetence.

I often do blame the amateurish programming skills and lack of foresight of WG for the lack of a growing game. THE RNG problem, despite professional denialist, is the reason why WoT never successfully broke into competitive leagues. 

SRozell #33 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 22:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31960 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Jul 08 2019 - 20:30, said:

Ummmm no actually broke PVP ruined AW not PVE. If your PVP is as good if not better than PVE people will play it. If your PVP is broke crapthen people will play PVE. Don't blame PVE when the PVP aspect of the game is unbalanced MM just out right sucks [edited]or its a slow grind to unlock.

poppavein #34 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 25490 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Posttaugrim, on Jul 07 2019 - 08:09, said:

WoT has had the best staying power of any MMO I've ever played.

I haven't been playing much this last year, I noticed the other night there were about 7k players on at 2300 PT.

Before the server merge, the West coast server would be down to less than 3k players, and I would switch to East coast that had about 5k players.

So, there hasn't been much change over the last few years.

I'm more worried about WoWP.  When I play (late at night), there are only about 1 or 2 humans on a team, the rest of the teams are filled with bots.

Edited by poppavein, Jul 17 2019 - 23:32.

Rena_Dyne #35 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 9151 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostRacWisco, on Jul 08 2019 - 12:30, said:

No, some of the most abysmal balancing in existence and going back on promises that lured the WoT Crowd in, coupled with *absolutely no advertising for the product* ruined Armored Warfare.

Also tagged with healthy, dead, dying, done, alive, Right, wrong, fixed, Preddy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users