Premium Tanks

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

ddraig_goch_ #1 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6013 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH
I Figure, WG won't balance teams( skill wise), because they would cause those who just bought those expensive premium tanks, to wait minutes to get into a game. Better a whole team suffers letting someone who doesn't even know the map, than to let the poor inexperienced paying customer wait longer to start a game in his new paid tank, than he could in a tank (at a level) he should be playing. Though i also feel if unicoms played unicoms they would quit because it would be a very boring game indeed.

Edited by Wraytl, Jul 07 2019 - 18:41.

Boghie #2 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8505 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Aren't tiers supposed to be balancing?  Meaning, if you are new you should be playing the proper tiers.  If you do not know the maps you should be playing the proper tiers.  I know there are seal-clubbers out there, but they show up on both teams.

Personally, I would not want to be locked into the kiddie pool - even as a kiddie.  I can't really learn from learners.  When I was playing Tier III I did not jump into the tank of a Tomato after my untimely death.  I did not follow a fellow Tomato to map locations.  What am I going to learn from another Tomato.  I would have quit if everybody on the team was a fellow learner.

And, no.  The better players seek out better competition.  If you venture into Tier V+ expect to see some of the named swords.  That is how tiering works.  This is also a causality of how crews are built and managed.  This is an absolute lock in Tier VII+.  

Ironmike11B #3 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 31614 battles

View PostWraytl, on Jul 07 2019 - 11:06, said:

I Figure, WG won't balance teams, because they would cause those who just bought those expensive premium tanks, to wait minutes to get into a game. Better a whole team suffers letting someone who doesn't even know the map, than to let the poor inexperienced paying customer wait longer to start a game in his new paid tank, than he could in a tank (at a level) he should be playing. Though i also feel if unicoms played unicoms they would quit because it would be a very boring game indeed.

Oh look, another post advocating SBMM. This should go far....

Flarvin #4 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 54607 battles

WG does balance matches, by tier and class. So tier and class has less impact on who wins. 

Skill is not balanced, because skill should have an impact on who wins. 

Hellsfog #5 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostWraytl, on Jul 07 2019 - 12:06, said:

I Figure, WG won't balance teams( skill wise), because they would cause those who just bought those expensive premium tanks, to wait minutes to get into a game. Better a whole team suffers letting someone who doesn't even know the map, than to let the poor inexperienced paying customer wait longer to start a game in his new paid tank, than he could in a tank (at a level) he should be playing. Though i also feel if unicoms played unicoms they would quit because it would be a very boring game indeed.

I want to understand this post. He doesn't want to play with bad players because he doesn't want to carry them and he doesn't want to play with better players because he thinks they play a boring style?  

VooDooKobra #6 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostWraytl, on Jul 07 2019 - 10:06, said:

i am assuming you want a tier based SBMM?  if that is so it really wouldn't be the bad players waiting for games it would be the smaller number of good players waiting for games since there is a smaller number of them in comparison

now when it comes to the swapping sbmm i am neither for or against it, all i really want to do is play the game and blow up red tanks

DVK9 #7 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26106 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

If WG forbid you from buying a special tank that is above your current tier would help.

too many with a tier IV avg trying to fight in a tier X.

They barely know the terrain let alone all the spots to set up,etc.

They run with the biggest pack they can find.

Yesterday it was a tier XI battle with tomato sauce.

7 lites and meds went to the 9/0 line on bridges. Zero lived.

PotatoLegend99 #8 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles

We already have SBMM...it's called Strongholds...been part of the game for years now. I know it's a turn off for some that it's only limited to tier 6,8,10, but that's fine for me.

And no. I'll quit this game if the queue times ever start exceeding a minute during prime hours. It's vexing enough waiting up to 30s on some days plus another 30 for the countdown timer with nothing to do for that period because nobody uses clan chat and game chat tends to be either toxic or moronic.

Edited by PotatoLegend99, Jul 07 2019 - 19:00.

_Tsavo_ #9 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46293 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I've not yet been given a reason why I should get behind SBMM proposals.   They've all been various forms of preferential treatment to one group of players over another, usually at the expense of those who tend to do better. 

Matchmaker does try to balance tank types within 1 and now evenly matched tiers.  It isn't perfect, but it does make quick matches without bias. 

RedwoodOriginal #10 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:03

Captain

• Players
  • 19199 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ
Carry harder!

CaptainBussey #11 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5289 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

View PostFlarvin, on Jul 07 2019 - 11:28, said:

WG does balance matches, by tier and class. So tier and class has less impact on who wins. 

Skill is not balanced, because skill should have an impact on who wins. 

Whichever side of the argument you are on is cool with me, but I'm not sure you realize how ridiculous this statement is.......................

Edited by CaptainBussey, Jul 07 2019 - 19:08.

Flarvin #12 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 54607 battles

View PostCaptainBussey, on Jul 07 2019 - 13:04, said:

Whichever side of the argument you are on is cool with me, but I'm not sure you realize how ridiculous this statement is.......................

Please enlighten me on why things are balanced between teams, in team games. lol

CaptainBussey #13 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5289 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

View PostFlarvin, on Jul 07 2019 - 12:06, said:

Please enlighten me on why things are balanced between teams, in team games. lol

are you saying they aren't, that the idea behind team games is not to balance the teams?

Edited by CaptainBussey, Jul 07 2019 - 19:08.

AllieOop2 #14 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

Since the improved MM on EU I have seen most of the time same tier or +1 tier matches. They are balanced by class tank an tier. More people playing it works fine.

Since I started in 2011 I have heard nothing but complaints about MM. It is divided into two types the High win rate players an the got to hold their hand win rate players.

Both of which never fully understand the consequences of SBMM. First ti wont make a spit bit of difference in blowouts frequency. It wont carry the weak an it will punish the skill players by lowering their win rate. Second where is the cut off for skill by overall, by tank, by map? I play some tanks at a 60% win rate some at a 45%.

Why dumb down the game again.

How about you become one of the factors in a match that contributes to the win not one who wants easy mode? Personally nothing I enjoy more than taking on a Purple head in a match 1V1 an winning.

CaptainBussey #15 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5289 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

View PostAllieOop2, on Jul 07 2019 - 12:17, said:

Since the improved MM on EU I have seen most of the time same tier or +1 tier matches. They are balanced by class tank an tier. More people playing it works fine.

Since I started in 2011 I have heard nothing but complaints about MM. It is divided into two types the High win rate players an the got to hold their hand win rate players.

Both of which never fully understand the consequences of SBMM. First ti wont make a spit bit of difference in blowouts frequency. It wont carry the weak an it will punish the skill players by lowering their win rate. Second where is the cut off for skill by overall, by tank, by map? I play some tanks at a 60% win rate some at a 45%.

Why dumb down the game again.

How about you become one of the factors in a match that contributes to the win not one who wants easy mode? Personally nothing I enjoy more than taking on a Purple head in a match 1V1 an winning.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this to be a fact?

ddraig_goch_ #16 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6013 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

2011 and you are posting from a profile of 12 battles.

No i am not asking for an easy mode, actually the post was an observation. Just that there are a lot of lopsided games, from the replies i see that a lot of people enjoy lopsided (another observation).

gamagrass #17 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10960 battles
  • [-STD-] -STD-
Matches have been horrible for the past
week.  Out of 30 matches I only on six of them.  Its the player skills that are [edited]clueless about what they are doing. 

POLIZEI110 #18 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 19:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57892 battles

Many if not most of those high win rate players get most of their skills playing tier 1,2,3,4 with a 6 to 7 skill crew killing off new players.

Don't believe me, go play a game in one of those tiers and look at how many 20 to 40k match players with high win rates stat padding their so called skills!

jst2gr8 #19 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 20:16

Captain

• Players
  • 65183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jul 07 2019 - 10:56, said:

i am assuming you want a tier based SBMM?  if that is so it really wouldn't be the bad players waiting for games it would be the smaller number of good players waiting for games since there is a smaller number of them in comparison

now when it comes to the swapping sbmm i am neither for or against it, all i really want to do is play the game and blow up red tanks

If more players would think like this instead of wanting those free wins by playing a SBMM, the game would be much better. I am totally against it because I have played against clans or in them with Strongholds and I do not feel that someone with the same "stats", which is how WG would say skill, is better than me. Plus I would not improve by playing someone that is on my level. SO SBMM would be a joke and the game would fall faster than it is now.

jst2gr8 #20 Posted Jul 07 2019 - 20:18

Captain

• Players
  • 65183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Jul 07 2019 - 11:57, said:

Many if not most of those high win rate players get most of their skills playing tier 1,2,3,4 with a 6 to 7 skill crew killing off new players.

Don't believe me, go play a game in one of those tiers and look at how many 20 to 40k match players with high win rates stat padding their so called skills!

If that is the case then playing tier 8-10 would be so much easier because all the higher win8 players are playing seal clubbers. False statements get you nowhere.

Also tagged with Premium Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users