Jump to content


If you're a top tier heavy...

Top Tier Bottom Tier Heavy Tank

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 02:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 30237 battles
  • 5,719
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

 There's no excuse to do 0 damage. If a bottom tier heavy can do it a top tier sure as [edited] can too. The replay below should be taken as to demonstrate how a bottom tier heavy is perfectly capable of doing damage and blocking some shots, ergo, a top tier should be able to do it much better.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4953618#serene_coast-24_inch_pythons-vk_100_01_p

This replay is not calling anyone out, no top tier heavies did 0 damage and blocked no damage. I am just speaking in general about top tier heavies putting up bupkis and how someone who isn't even that good with heavies can make it work as bottom tier.



Hellsfog #2 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 05:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 38287 battles
  • 6,865
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 09 2019 - 20:32, said:

 There's no excuse to do 0 damage. If a bottom tier heavy can do it a top tier sure as [edited] can too. The replay below should be taken as to demonstrate how a bottom tier heavy is perfectly capable of doing damage and blocking some shots, ergo, a top tier should be able to do it much better.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4953618#serene_coast-24_inch_pythons-vk_100_01_p

This replay is not calling anyone out, no top tier heavies did 0 damage and blocked no damage. I am just speaking in general about top tier heavies putting up bupkis and how someone who isn't even that good with heavies can make it work as bottom tier.

 

 Why? Zero damage games happen for a bunch of reasons. I've had them but I am unironically bad. 



I_QQ_4_U #3 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 05:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23313 battles
  • 7,244
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

Tell that to the 183 that deleted my M103 with a blind shot at the beginning of the game.

 

Not to mention 0 games happen to everyone. How often it happens is the issue.



24_inch_pythons #4 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 06:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 30237 battles
  • 5,719
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 09 2019 - 22:06, said:

 

 Why? Zero damage games happen for a bunch of reasons. I've had them but I am unironically bad. 

 

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jul 09 2019 - 22:09, said:

Tell that to the 183 that deleted my M103 with a blind shot at the beginning of the game.

 

Not to mention 0 games happen to everyone. How often it happens is the issue.


  Sure, everyone has them on occasion. I, of course, have them too. But I'm getting tired of game after game after game, literally ten games in a row where six heavies, three of them top tier do a combined total of 300 damage. It's absolutely ridiculous. People wonder why there are so many blow out games and games that are over in three minutes... it's mainly because of heavies that literally can't do anything, ever.

  I don't need to tell you, heavies have two main roles, either breaking through the enemy lines so the tanks that don't have armor or have weaker guns can use mobility and concealment to flank the enemy - get the whole team involved. Or, heavies need to tank and hold the line while someone else breaks open another flank and allows the tanks with no armor or weaker guns to flank the enemy - getting the whole team involved. When six heavies ten games in a row can barely do 300 combined damage in a game, day after day, after day it gets a little ridiculous... and frustrating.



I_QQ_4_U #5 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 08:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23313 battles
  • 7,244
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 10 2019 - 06:25, said:

 


  Sure, everyone has them on occasion. I, of course, have them too. But I'm getting tired of game after game after game, literally ten games in a row where six heavies, three of them top tier do a combined total of 300 damage.

 

Well In find that bad players tend to be drawn to playing heavy tanks, maybe they figure it will help them live a bit longer.



24_inch_pythons #6 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 08:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 30237 battles
  • 5,719
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jul 10 2019 - 01:01, said:

 

Well In find that bad players tend to be drawn to playing heavy tanks, maybe they figure it will help them live a bit longer.


true



Zwinmar #7 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 13:32

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17843 battles
  • 142
  • [80PRF] 80PRF
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
To be fair: they did use to live longer, but that was before the constant gold spam. Now, if you have armor they just hit the 2 key and negate it.

Copacetic #8 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 13:35

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 47890 battles
  • 1,722
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
careful don't shame any one

Edited by Copacetic, Jul 10 2019 - 13:35.


Ken_McGuire #9 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 14:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31548 battles
  • 1,754
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 09 2019 - 20:32, said:

 There's no excuse to do 0 damage.

 

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 10 2019 - 00:25, said:

  Sure, everyone has them on occasion. I, of course, have them too.

 

I guess there is an excuse....

 

I'm gonna say something crazy. Of course, I want my top tier HT's to do damage. But if they are actually leading the charge in a way where they have support, I don't mind if they are the punching bag that "tanks" the enemy damage even if it means they have difficulty getting their gun in the game. I also don't mind if they hold a corner of the map, side scraping like a boss against half the enemy team while the rest of us take advantage of the overmatch somewhere else.

 

Just don't be useless. Yes, damage is quite important. I would even be willing to say it is the most important thing you can do most of the time in most battles. But it isn't the only thing you can do to help your team.



Flarvin #10 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 14:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 54814 battles
  • 17,053
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013
Everyone has bad matches, so what. Nothing to whine about. 

grandthefttankV #11 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 15:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 35930 battles
  • 2,610
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013
Clearly the OP has never done 0 damage ever. We should bow to his greatness and worship him as our new god.

Deputy276 #12 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 15:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 20403 battles
  • 5,974
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

I can think of a few of reasons right away for top tier heavies not doing damage. One is the top tier heavy may be pure stock. Right now I have a Polish tier 8 heavy that I'm not taking into battle because it is 100% pure stock. It has a good crew and I fully upgraded the equipment with vert stab, ventilation, and gun ram, but the gun is a tier 7 gun. While it's not a bad gun, if it goes up against other tier 8 heavies that are fully upgraded, it will be at a distinct disadvantage. Some guys take pure stock heavies into battle that are in even worse shape than my 53TP. Some even have 50% crews and no equipment installed in them at all. Expecting them to do major damage just ain't gonna happen. Another reason is the tank may be brand new to them and they have no clue how to play it. This happens often with Prem tanks where a user may have a 50% crew and is playing in tier 8 and has nothing but tier 6 tech tree tanks. Again...not much you can do about that. 

Gold spam has been mentioned. Nothing you can do about that. How about having 3 arty in a game and you are in a very slow super heavy? Once they track you, it will be adios amigos with no damage done.


Edited by Deputy276, Jul 10 2019 - 15:27.


Goat_Rodeo #13 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 15:41

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • 1,570
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

Here’s the meta I see during the summer holidays. Loads of high alpha TDs and heavies driven by dyed in the wool baddies. For June, through to August this game should be renamed, “World of Farming: Tomatoboogaloo Edition”. 

We all have those games where we just shake our heads after getting nuked for a bad decision we make. During the other 9 months you usually don’t see too many high tier heavy zero damage games, but right now it’s every game



Deputy276 #14 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 15:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 20403 battles
  • 5,974
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Jul 10 2019 - 08:41, said:

Here’s the meta I see during the summer holidays. Loads of high alpha TDs and heavies driven by dyed in the wool baddies. For June, through to August this game should be renamed, “World of Farming: Tomatoboogaloo Edition”. 

We all have those games where we just shake our heads after getting nuked for a bad decision we make. During the other 9 months you usually don’t see too many high tier heavy zero damage games, but right now it’s every game

I agree 100%. But careful about saying that. I posted a thread about those months and got ripped into by those you are talking about. ;)



No6pack2012 #15 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33857 battles
  • 219
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013

Have you ever been on a team where 5 to 7 tanks are gone in the first two to three minutes of the game???? 0 games happens all the time!!!



grandthefttankV #16 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 35930 battles
  • 2,610
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostNo6pack2012, on Jul 10 2019 - 15:03, said:

Have you ever been on a team where 5 to 7 tanks are gone in the first two to three minutes of the game???? 0 games happens all the time!!!

 

They also happen when one gets TKed within the first 30 seconds of the game for no reason at all.



13Jake55 #17 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21087 battles
  • 966
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017
Sometimes mm puts inferior top heavies against op top heavies and if they all go where meta says they should go its a slaughter. And if the op heavy team has op tds too its a blowout. You might get a shot off or 1 but if it bounces 0 damage. Also depends on arty and maps too. Sometimes its a forgone conclusion because of mm.

Goat_Rodeo #18 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • 1,570
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 10 2019 - 14:46, said:

I agree 100%. But careful about saying that. I posted a thread about those months and got ripped into by those you are talking about. ;)


Yeah, not so much a forum as a online gladiatorial sport really. 



Markd73 #19 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 32795 battles
  • 5,454
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostgrandthefttankV, on Jul 10 2019 - 15:20, said:

 

They also happen when one gets TKed within the first 30 seconds of the game for no reason at all.

 

I agree that TKing people is not a good idea.



2MOEJOE #20 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 16:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4340 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-28-2017
I'm surprised anyone does any damage in heavy tanks most have the gun handling of a drunk man firing a Roman candle.

Edited by 2MOEJOE, Jul 10 2019 - 16:47.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users